Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission

To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 5:03 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"Excellent," Raynor said, nodding happily.  He was irritated to see her use the hypo, but...well.  He imagined all the punching she was about to do would probably wear off the tiny dosage she'd used.  "I will most certainly help you with the subprocessor, Lana.  But first, you're going to rest."

Moving like a predatory cat, the Klingon slipped behind the Cardassian, clamping his hands down on the back of her chair.  "I have decided that 'later' is now.  And, as promised...you won't leave this seat."  With that, he reached down, gripping the chair by the seat.  With a straining heave, the Klingon lifted the entire chair off the floor, complete with its Cardassian occupant.  He tilted her back a little bit, so that her body mass came to rest against his.

Once Raynor had Ilana secure in her chair, he moved toward the doors, smiling at a wide-eyed med tech as they passed.  "The doctor will be out-of-office for a few hours.  Hold her calls."

She knew that she shouldn't have trusted a grinning Klingon, but that was the price she had to pay for not being as sharp as she could have been.

The Cardassian twisted in Raynor's grip and tried to hit out at him, but there was little she could do, between the proximity she was to him and the fact that she had very little muscle to begin with and no strength to back up the hits.

Rapidly finding herself out of breath and having had no effect what so ever, and the fact that he was carrying her away from the devices she relied on to communicate in any kind of verbal form, she folded her arms and simply glowered.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

Completed Plot and Bio Page

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 5:08 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

She knew that she shouldn't have trusted a grinning Klingon, but that was the price she had to pay for not being as sharp as she could have been.

The Cardassian twisted in Raynor's grip and tried to hit out at him, but there was little she could do, between the proximity she was to him and the fact that she had very little muscle to begin with and no strength to back up the hits.

Rapidly finding herself out of breath and having had no effect what so ever, and the fact that he was carrying her away from the devices she relied on to communicate in any kind of verbal form, she folded her arms and simply glowered.

Raynor took a few glancing blows from the doctor, but he'd certainly faced, and taken, worse. And so he carried her, chair and all, through the corridors of the starbase, out of the medical wing and up to the habitat ring, and into the officer's quarters.

[Quarters]

Only once they were in Ilana's quarters did Raynor set down her seat. The room was markedly warmer than the halls, and everything was bathed in the soft light of Sasha's heating lamps. "Shall I dump you out on the bed?" he asked, "or can you make it the rest of the way?"
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 5:18 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Raynor took a few glancing blows from the doctor, but he'd certainly faced, and taken, worse.  And so he carried her, chair and all, through the corridors of the starbase, out of the medical wing and up to the habitat ring, and into the officer's quarters.  

[Quarters]

Only once they were in Ilana's quarters did Raynor set down her seat.  The room was markedly warmer than the halls, and everything was bathed in the soft light of Sasha's heating lamps.  "Shall I dump you out on the bed?" he asked, "or can you make it the rest of the way?"

The warmth of her quarters was a relief to Ilana and she immediately started to relax, a subconscious reaction. At least, she stopped shaking in what she wasn't sure was either anger or exhaustion.

When Raynor finally put her down, she jumped out of the chair, glaring openly at her best friend. That had been a particularly dirty and devious trick that he had pulled on her and she didn't appreciate it one bit. In continuing defiance, she flicked her hair over her shoulder and sat down at the computer terminal, bringing up her personal files again.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 5:38 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

The warmth of her quarters was a relief to Ilana and she immediately started to relax, a subconscious reaction.  At least, she stopped shaking in what she wasn't sure was either anger or exhaustion.  

When Raynor finally put her down, she jumped out of the chair, glaring openly at her best friend.  That had been a particularly dirty and devious trick that he had pulled on her and she didn't appreciate it one bit.  In continuing defiance, she flicked her hair over her shoulder and sat down at the computer terminal, bringing up her personal files again.

He just had to laugh, even as exasperating as it was. Raynor supposed that he couldn't necessarily blame Ilana for her recalcitrant behavior. After all, if someone as trying to force him to do something he didn't want to do, he'd have the same reaction. Only, he'd know what was for his own good.

Would you?

The Klingon shook his head. This wasn't time for his own introspection - the well-being of someone close to him was on the line. Raynor moved over to the new chair. "Very cute, Lana. However, I promised nothing about removing you from other chairs." With that, he reached down, intent on picking her up and right out of the chair, and placing her on her own bed.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 2:40 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

He just had to laugh, even as exasperating as it was.  Raynor supposed that he couldn't necessarily blame Ilana for her recalcitrant behavior.  After all, if someone as trying to force him to do something he didn't want to do, he'd have the same reaction.  Only, he'd know what was for his own good.  

Would you?

The Klingon shook his head.  This wasn't time for his own introspection - the well-being of someone close to him was on the line.  Raynor moved over to the new chair.  "Very cute, Lana.  However, I promised nothing about removing you from other chairs."  With that, he reached down, intent on picking her up and right out of the chair, and placing her on her own bed.

As a skinny Cardassian of negligible strength against the power of a Klingon trained in combat, Ilana was in no position to even try to fight off Raynor's determination.

Once again, she found herself lifted bodily from the chair by her best friend and carried through to the bedroom of her quarters and put on her bed. The look she gave him could have been described as murderous, but she had no other way of relaying what she felt other than through her body language.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 7:02 am

Ilana Telak wrote:

As a skinny Cardassian of negligible strength against the power of a Klingon trained in combat, Ilana was in no position to even try to fight off Raynor's determination.

Once again, she found herself lifted bodily from the chair by her best friend and carried through to the bedroom of her quarters and put on her bed.  The look she gave him could have been described as murderous, but she had no other way of relaying what she felt other than through her body language.

"Your hard-headedness," Raynor said, grunting, "is to be commended. But I'm not gonna be moved in this, Lana." Though she couldn't talk, the Cardassian's look was enough to drop a kolar beast in their tracks. It said plenty. However, he was more concerned with her well-being than insulting her pride, right at the moment.

Maneuvering himself on top of the doctor, Raynor used his body to press down on her. It didn't take much, so he didn't use much pressure. Just enough to immobilize. "Now," he said, somewhat bemusedly, his long hair hanging down around his face, "you're going to sleep. And I'm going to sit by the damn door and make sure you do."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 7:24 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"Your hard-headedness," Raynor said, grunting, "is to be commended.  But I'm not gonna be moved in this, Lana."  Though she couldn't talk, the Cardassian's look was enough to drop a kolar beast in their tracks.  It said plenty.  However, he was more concerned with her well-being than insulting her pride, right at the moment.  

Maneuvering himself on top of the doctor, Raynor used his body to press down on her.  It didn't take much, so he didn't use much pressure.  Just enough to immobilize.  "Now," he said, somewhat bemusedly, his long hair hanging down around his face, "you're going to sleep.  And I'm going to sit by the damn door and make sure you do."

Squirming under the weight of the Klingon on top of her, Ilana tried to push him off, even though she knew perfectly well that there s no way her meagre strength was going to shift that solid mass.

After a few moments of struggle, she finally relented and calmed down, although she continued to glare openly at him.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 9:24 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Squirming under the weight of the Klingon on top of her, Ilana tried to push him off, even though she knew perfectly well that there s no way her meagre strength was going to shift that solid mass.  

After a few moments of struggle, she finally relented and calmed down, although she continued to glare openly at him.

"Lana..." Raynor said, his voice low and quiet, as he softly stroked a finger along her jawline, pointedly ignoring the ice-cold glares she was sending his way. "Just relax. Rest."

Flopping down beside her, the Klingon stretched, getting comfortable. He laced his fingers together, putting them on his chest. Raynor made sure, though, that his elbow was gently resting on her. "Don't even try to slip away," he murmured, eyes fluttering closed. "A warrior can waken with the slightest of sounds or motions. I'll know."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 2:33 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"Lana..." Raynor said, his voice low and quiet, as he softly stroked a finger along her jawline, pointedly ignoring the ice-cold glares she was sending his way.  "Just relax.  Rest."

Flopping down beside her, the Klingon stretched, getting comfortable.  He laced his fingers together, putting them on his chest.  Raynor made sure, though, that his elbow was gently resting on her.  "Don't even try to slip away," he murmured, eyes fluttering closed.  "A warrior can waken with the slightest of sounds or motions.  I'll know."

Ilana made a quiet, wordless, almost grumbling sound in the back of her throat.  Pushing the elbow away, she sat up, shrugging off her uniform jacket with annoyed, jerky movements and kicked her boots off before taking hold of a blanket from the foot of the bed and pulled it up over her shoulders, turning her back on Raynor as she lay down again.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 7:20 am

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana made a quiet, wordless, almost grumbling sound in the back of her throat.  Pushing the elbow away, she sat up, shrugging off her uniform jacket with annoyed, jerky movements and kicked her boots off before taking hold of a blanket from the foot of the bed and pulled it up over her shoulders, turning her back on Raynor as she lay down again.

Eyes still closed, Raynor allowed a satisfied smile to curl his lips as he felt Ilana remove her outer clothing and roll over, all in a huff. Oh well. Let her be pissed...so long as she actually *sleeps*. It was amazing how someone could be so intelligent, knowing so much about how the body worked, as she did...and yet, still deny reality to its face. Girl's too damn smart for her own good, he thought, kicking off his own boots. It was rude to wear one's boots to bed.

"I'll wake you up in a few hours," the Klingon said, resting his head back down. "Four hours." My ass, he thought. This wonderfully stubborn woman was getting eight full hours, or he was a Romulan.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 6:41 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Eyes still closed, Raynor allowed a satisfied smile to curl his lips as he felt Ilana remove her outer clothing and roll over, all in a huff.  Oh well.  Let her be pissed...so long as she actually *sleeps*.  It was amazing how someone could be so intelligent, knowing so much about how the body worked, as she did...and yet, still deny reality to its face.  Girl's too damn smart for her own good, he thought, kicking off his own boots.  It was rude to wear one's boots to bed.

"I'll wake you up in a few hours," the Klingon said, resting his head back down.  "Four hours."  My ass, he thought.  This wonderfully stubborn woman was getting eight full hours, or he was a Romulan.

It was difficult for Ilana to fall asleep. Anger and the stimulant still being processed by her system kept her awake. That was a new thing. Why was she so angry all the time? She hadn't felt like this before, not since...

Ah.

Not since she had lost the ability to speak.

She let out a heavy sigh. Of course. That would account for the anger she felt. Well, maybe a part of it was the fact that so much time spent with Raynor was starting to run off on her, but the main body of it could probably be attributed to the aftermath of the ill-fated holo-operation. Unbidden tears gathered beneath her closed eyelids. It was so... so... frustrating. To be deprived of something that so many people took for granted. Not allowed to practise her craft because of a simple mistake. It was infuriating!

She took in a deep breath, trying to calm herself. Four hours. She could lie there for four hours, not necessarily sleeping. Raynor might not be able to tell the difference so long as she kept her eyes closed. She could continue to go over schematics in her head and he wouldn't be any the wiser. Her excellent memory, a trait both inherited and trained in all Cardassians, meant that most of the information could be called up from the depths of her mind with ease.

With a slight smile now curving her lips, she settled down to review her findings and plot the next stage.

Or at least, that's what she planned. In truth, she was out like a light within five minutes.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 6:49 am

[Eight Hours Later]

Raynor's eyes snapped open as his internal clock tugged at his sleeping mind, telling him that it was time to wake up. He'd not truly been asleep, at least, not in the sense he was used to. No, it had been more of a series of cat-naps, waking up about every forty to sixty minutes. Ilana had barely moved every time he checked on her. While it made him happy to see her resting, it was still disturbing that she would purposefully drive herself to such a point.

Wouldn't you do the same, though? he thought, carefully sliding out of the bed. The pair had become a bit more splayed out during the course of the night, but fortunately it was his arm that was draped around her. Had it been the other way, it would have been more difficult to get up without her noticing.

"Pancake and maple syrup, warm," he said to the replicator, taking the breakfast out of the terminal and setting it on her table.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 6:58 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:
[Eight Hours Later]

Raynor's eyes snapped open as his internal clock tugged at his sleeping mind, telling him that it was time to wake up.  He'd not truly been asleep, at least, not in the sense he was used to.  No, it had been more of a series of cat-naps, waking up about every forty to sixty minutes.  Ilana had barely moved every time he checked on her.  While it made him happy to see her resting, it was still disturbing that she would purposefully drive herself to such a point.  

Wouldn't you do the same, though? he thought, carefully sliding out of the bed.  The pair had become a bit more splayed out during the course of the night, but fortunately it was his arm that was draped around her.  Had it been the other way, it would have been more difficult to get up without her noticing.  

"Pancake and maple syrup, warm," he said to the replicator, taking the breakfast out of the terminal and setting it on her table.

Ilana opened her eyes as she felt the bed shift a little under her. The cold patch on her side indicated that something had been lain over it and had now been removed. There was something wrong in her mind, but she couldn't quite put her finger on it. Or she couldn't, until she laid eyes on the clock next to the bed and realised just how long she had slept.

She sat bolt upright and jumped off the bed, grabbing her uniform jacket and boots before dashing out of the bedroom. It was quite a comical sight, watching the normally composed Cardassian hopping through the lounge with her jacket half on, trying to tug on a boot as she went.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 9:38 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana opened her eyes as she felt the bed shift a little under her.  The cold patch on her side indicated that something had been lain over it and had now been removed.  There was something wrong in her mind, but she couldn't quite put her finger on it.  Or she couldn't, until she laid eyes on the clock next to the bed and realised just how long she had slept.

She sat bolt upright and jumped off the bed, grabbing her uniform jacket and boots before dashing out of the bedroom.  It was quite a comical sight, watching the normally composed Cardassian hopping through the lounge with her jacket half on, trying to tug on a boot as she went.

The first thing that let Raynor know that Ilana had woken up was the clamor coming from the bedroom. "Well," he said, glancing over at where Sasha was curled up on her massive heating rock. "If it comes down to it, I'll need you on my side, you know." The snake remained as silent as ever.

Raynor quickly moved toward Ilana as she dashed out of her room, just in time to catch her as she tripped over her own boots...or came dangerously close to doing so. "Good morning," he said, completely not disconcerted. "Breakfast is ready."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 2:37 am

Ilana had not been expecting to be caught by the large Klingon and was ill prepared for it. Once she was back on her feet, although with only one boot on, she glared at Raynor and pointed to the chronometre sitting on her desk. She was pretty angry that he hadn't kept his word and woken her after four hours, but she was more concerned with getting back to her lab than trying to berate her best friend without words. Turning on her heel, she made for the door again.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 10:41 am

Ilana Telak wrote:
Ilana had not been expecting to be caught by the large Klingon and was ill prepared for it.  Once she was back on her feet, although with only one boot on, she glared at Raynor and pointed to the chronometre sitting on her desk.  She was pretty angry that he hadn't kept his word and woken her after four hours, but she was more concerned with getting back to her lab than trying to berate her best friend without words.  Turning on her heel, she made for the door again.

Well, Raynor thought, fighting down the urge to sigh, I'll give her one thing - s he's consistent. Consistently stubborn, of course. An admirable quality in a woman. In anyone, really...but also annoying as hell when turned against you.

The Klingon glanced at the food on the table, and over to the chronometer, and back at the Cardassian. Reaching down, he picked up her lost boot. "You know...I never would have dreamed of ever calling you 'stupid', Ilana. So I wonder why you insist on acting that way."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 11:20 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Well, Raynor thought, fighting down the urge to sigh, I'll give her one thing - s he's consistent.  Consistently stubborn, of course.  An admirable quality in a woman.  In anyone, really...but also annoying as hell when turned against you.

The Klingon glanced at the food on the table, and over to the chronometer, and back at the Cardassian.  Reaching down, he picked up her lost boot.  "You know...I never would have dreamed of ever calling you 'stupid', Ilana.  So I wonder why you insist on acting that way."

Scowling at Raynor as he picked up her other boot, Ilana stomped over to the computer terminal, starting to type. This 'not being able to speak' thing had gotten old very quickly. She wanted her voice back, or at least something similar!

I am not being stupid. I am late. You did not wake me up at the agreed time! With her message being read out by the computer's polite tone, the Cardassian then attempted to get her boot back off Raynor.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 1:20 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:
Scowling at Raynor as he picked up her other boot, Ilana stomped over to the computer terminal, starting to type.  This 'not being able to speak' thing had gotten old very quickly.  She wanted her voice back, or at least something similar!

I am not being stupid.  I am late.  You did not wake me up at the agreed time!  With her message being read out by the computer's polite tone, the Cardassian then attempted to get her boot back off Raynor.

Raynor held back the boot out of Ilana's reach, quirking an eyebrow with a frown. "Oh? I must have overslept...my apologies, dear doctor." He continued, acting as a Klingon wall between Ilana and her wayward boot. "You know what we need to do? We should rig up a processor for you to keep on your person. That way, you're not beholden to a stationary terminal."

He went ahead and took advantage of her involuntary silence. "You're far from stupid, but you're certainly acting it, Lana. You're going too fast, burning too hot. You're a doctor, you know exactly what happens to the body when you don't rest or eat. This selective ignorance is going to end up hurting you...worse than you already have!"
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 2:25 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Raynor held back the boot out of Ilana's reach, quirking an eyebrow with a frown.  "Oh?  I must have overslept...my apologies, dear doctor."  He continued, acting as a Klingon wall between Ilana and her wayward boot.  "You know what we need to do?  We should rig up a processor for you to keep on your person.  That way, you're not beholden to a stationary terminal."

He went ahead and took advantage of her involuntary silence.  "You're far from stupid, but you're certainly acting it, Lana.  You're going too fast, burning too hot.  You're a doctor, you know exactly what happens to the body when you don't rest or eat.  This selective ignorance is going to end up hurting you...worse than you already have!"

Realising that there was no way that she was going to be able to retrieve her boot while Raynor was insistent on keeping it away from her, Ilana folded her arms and glowered at him for a moment before stomping back over to the computer terminal.

There will be plenty of time for me to rest once I have overcome this problem, she typed. I have no desire to rest until I have managed to become useful again. I will not allow myself to burn out.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 5:37 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Realising that there was no way that she was going to be able to retrieve her boot while Raynor was insistent on keeping it away from her, Ilana folded her arms and glowered at him for a moment before stomping back over to the computer terminal.

There will be plenty of time for me to rest once I have overcome this problem, she typed.  I have no desire to rest until I have managed to become useful again.  I will not allow myself to burn out.

"Lana..." the Klingon said, sighing heavily. "This isn't about whether you're useful or not. There's not a damned person on this station that would dare think that you're not useful." And God help them if they voiced that thought.

He moved over closer to where Ilana stood, next to her computer, reaching out to place his hand on her shoulder. It seemed a little strange to be so hesitant with her, now, after everything. "You are burning out, Lana. You're too close to it, so you can't see it...but I can. Everyone can. You don't sleep. You don't eat. What use is a functioning brain if it comes with a body that has wasted away to nothing!"
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 5:46 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"Lana..." the Klingon said, sighing heavily.  "This isn't about whether you're useful or not.  There's not a damned person on this station that would dare think that you're not useful."  And God help them if they voiced that thought.  

He moved over closer to where Ilana stood, next to her computer, reaching out to place his hand on her shoulder.  It seemed a little strange to be so hesitant with her, now, after everything.  "You are burning out, Lana.  You're too close to it, so you can't see it...but I can.  Everyone can.  You don't sleep.  You don't eat.  What use is a functioning brain if it comes with a body that has wasted away to nothing!"

I am not useful! I have been relieved of my position, denied the ability to practise my craft. Even you could see that less than an hour after I lost my speech when you worked to heal the chief of security! I have been relegated to an open research project so as to find a cure for my condition! I am forced to rely on the computer to communicate! What use am I to anyone? The sooner I finish my research, the sooner I regain my purpose.

The computer spoke the words with an even, calm tone, but the manner in which they were typed was definitely angry, so angry that Ilana swiped the computer terminal from her desk in her fit of temper. She breathed heavily, her hands balled into fists, narrow shoulders and skinny chest heaving. She wanted to scream, to let out all of this frustration, but there was nothing she could do about it.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 6:59 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

I am not useful!  I have been relieved of my position, denied the ability to practise my craft.  Even you could see that less than an hour after I lost my speech when you worked to heal the chief of security!  I have been relegated to an open research project so as to find a cure for my condition!  I am forced to rely on the computer to communicate!  What use am I to anyone?  The sooner I finish my research, the sooner I regain my purpose.

The computer spoke the words with an even, calm tone, but the manner in which they were typed was definitely angry, so angry that Ilana swiped the computer terminal from her desk in her fit of temper.  She breathed heavily, her hands balled into fists, narrow shoulders and skinny chest heaving.  She wanted to scream, to let out all of this frustration, but there was nothing she could do about it.

The enraged figure in front of him was a far cry from the timid creature Raynor had first met, long ago, on that shuttle to the conference. He didn't have a damned idea what that conference had been about, but he easily recalled the fact that Ilana hadn't wanted much to do with him back then. Sometimes, he wasn't quite sure if she wanted anything to do with him now.

Raynor quietly bent down, picking up the computer station. There was a long crack running along the touchpanel, but other than that...it probably would work. Setting the terminal back down, Raynor laid his large hands on her narrow shoulders, drawing the Cardassian close to him in a full embrace. She only came up to about his chest, so he rested his chin on the top of her head. Her hair smelled of some kind of herbal scent that was sharp to his nostrils. At least she's taking time to bathe, he thought, smiling a little.

"A few hours to sleep. An hour or two for rest. Fifteen minutes to replicate and eat a meal. Lana...how are these things keeping you from achieving your goal? How do they hold you back? You cannot function twenty-six hours a day."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 7:15 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

The enraged figure in front of him was a far cry from the timid creature Raynor had first met, long ago, on that shuttle to the conference. He didn't have a damned idea what that conference had been about, but he easily recalled the fact that Ilana hadn't wanted much to do with him back then. Sometimes, he wasn't quite sure if she wanted anything to do with him now.

Raynor quietly bent down, picking up the computer station. There was a long crack running along the touchpanel, but other than that...it probably would work. Setting the terminal back down, Raynor laid his large hands on her narrow shoulders, drawing the Cardassian close to him in a full embrace. She only came up to about his chest, so he rested his chin on the top of her head. Her hair smelled of some kind of herbal scent that was sharp to his nostrils. At least she's taking time to bathe, he thought, smiling a little.

"A few hours to sleep. An hour or two for rest. Fifteen minutes to replicate and eat a meal. Lana...how are these things keeping you from achieving your goal? How do they hold you back? You cannot function twenty-six hours a day."

Finding herself in the long-limbed embrace, Ilana knew that there was no point in fighting him. As ever, he had the upper hand, more so since he was now held to the KDF fitness standards and she was neglecting herself. So she just stood there and waited. Even as he asked her questions, she couldn't answer them. That is, she had the words she wanted to say, but no manner in which to express them.

She glared at the chest in front of her eyes, her temper starting to ebb away again, leaving the low-level, grumbling frustration that seemed to be a ground state of being for her. Her shoulders slumped a little and she rested her forehead against Raynor. She just wanted a voice back. Was that so hard to understand?
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 10:38 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Finding herself in the long-limbed embrace, Ilana knew that there was no point in fighting him.  As ever, he had the upper hand, more so since he was now held to the KDF fitness standards and she was neglecting herself.  So she just stood there and waited.  Even as he asked her questions, she couldn't answer them.  That is, she had the words she wanted to say, but no manner in which to express them.  

She glared at the chest in front of her eyes, her temper starting to ebb away again, leaving the low-level, grumbling frustration that seemed to be a ground state of being for her.  Her shoulders slumped a little and she rested her forehead against Raynor.  She just wanted a voice back.  Was that so hard to understand?

Oh, how she glared...but at least she wasn't throwing haymakers at him.  It was a start.  Not that she could possibly hurt him, physically.  He was more worried about Ilana hurting herself.

Smoothing her short hair, Raynor glanced a quick kiss to the top of her head.  The hair felt soft and rather silken against his lips...quite a divergence from the wild masses that Klingons kept.  "I can only imagine how hard this is for you, Lana," he said.  "But you cannot forget to take you time.  Time away from your work.  I'm not beseeching you, by the way.  I'm telling you."  He held the doctor by her upper arms, cocking an eyebrow.  "Because I'll be damned by all the dead gods if I'm going to sit idly by while you do harm to yourself."

Nodding with an air of finality, Raynor turned to the computer terminal, tapping the screen.  While the device was trying to run through its self-diagnostic processes, he glanced back up at Ilana.  "Have you ever considered an exercise program?  You'd be surprised how much stress can be relieved...and how it can focus your thoughts."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 5:59 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Oh, how she glared...but at least she wasn't throwing haymakers at him.  It was a start.  Not that she could possibly hurt him, physically.  He was more worried about Ilana hurting herself.

Smoothing her short hair, Raynor glanced a quick kiss to the top of her head.  The hair felt soft and rather silken against his lips...quite a divergence from the wild masses that Klingons kept.  "I can only imagine how hard this is for you, Lana," he said.  "But you cannot forget to take you time.  Time away from your work.  I'm not beseeching you, by the way.  I'm telling you."  He held the doctor by her upper arms, cocking an eyebrow.  "Because I'll be damned by all the dead gods if I'm going to sit idly by while you do harm to yourself."

Nodding with an air of finality, Raynor turned to the computer terminal, tapping the screen.  While the device was trying to run through its self-diagnostic processes, he glanced back up at Ilana.  "Have you ever considered an exercise program?  You'd be surprised how much stress can be relieved...and how it can focus your thoughts."

As Raynor let her go, Ilana continued to glare at him, but the glare was flat, bored, as if she had heard it all before. Which she had, but she continued to ignore it. Couldn't he see how important it was for her to do this quickly? Eating and sleeping were just distractions from her work.

The glare turned to an expression of 'yeah, right' at the mention of an exercise program. She glanced down at her skinny, frail body and back to the mass of solid, muscular Klingon. An exercise program wasn't likely to help her. In fact, it was more likely to cause further physical problems for her. She knew that she hadn't developed properly, fairly small by Cardassian standards, and certainly no where near as strong. That had been a problem with growing up in a cargo bay on bad food.

She glanced at the computer terminal, which was still running its diagnostic, silently urging it to go faster so that she could use it to communicate again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next