Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 11:46 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Seeing that her attempt at levity had fallen flat, Ilana did as she was told, lying back on the bed and letting Raynor treat the fractures, wishing that there was some way she could made this better, make herself stronger so that he wouldn't worry about hurting her all the time.

As he apologised, she frowned, grabbing his wrist and looking up at him, her expression stern.  "N-no.  N-no apologies.  I p-pushed you.  I w-wanted you.  I s-still want you, as y-you are.  I w-will gladly t-trade a f-few injuries for th-this, t-to see you unb-bound."

Raynor looked down at the wrist in her hand, and back to Ilana, smiling softly as he did. He kissed her, almost with enough passionate force to re-awaken the desire in both of them. Enough to let her know that her message was received. And understood.

"The injuries will lessen," he said, setting the medical tools on the bedstand and wrapping his arms around her naked form, drawing her back onto the bed with him. Her face was cool on his chest, and he watched it rise and fall with his breathing. 'Pushed' him, indeed. The ferocity that she'd awoken in him had taken him completely by surprise, almost as if he'd been subduing it unconsciously. Perhaps he had. Subdued, but never tamed. He remembered very little after she'd drawn blood, only urges, and emotion...the feel of her nails dragging against his skin, the sound of her name on his lips.

The Klingon smoothed his hand along her thin side, feeling the flesh and subtle indentation of scaling. "Would you ever want children, Ilana?" he asked, unsure of where the question had come from.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 5:28 am

Ilana knew that he would never be able to promise that the injuries she sustained would lessen. She wasn't sure she wanted them to lessen in any case, not if it meant that he was constantly having to hold back from relaxing with her, from being able to let go and actually enjoy himself fully and in the way that his Klingon blood would demand. The sentiment though, was one that she respected and appreciated.

She frowned slightly, looking up at him as he asked her about whether or not she wanted children. It was an interesting question, not one that she had ever asked herself.

"I d-don't know," she replied honestly. "I n-never thought that it w-would be p-possible before we f-found the colony, and then I d-didn't think that I w-would find a m-mate in S-Starfleet." She paused, giving the subject some quick thought. "Y-yes, I b-believe I would want t-to have children at s-some point." She looked up at the Klingon, her expression curious. "Do y-you want children?"
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 11:46 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:
Ilana knew that he would never be able to promise that the injuries she sustained would lessen.  She wasn't sure she wanted them to lessen in any case, not if it meant that he was constantly having to hold back from relaxing with her, from being able to let go and actually enjoy himself fully and in the way that his Klingon blood would demand.  The sentiment though, was one that she respected and appreciated.

She frowned slightly, looking up at him as he asked her about whether or not she wanted children.  It was an interesting question, not one that she had ever asked herself.

"I d-don't know," she replied honestly.  "I n-never thought that it w-would be p-possible before we f-found the colony, and then I d-didn't think that I w-would find a m-mate in S-Starfleet." She paused, giving the subject some quick thought.  "Y-yes, I b-believe I would want t-to have children at s-some point." She looked up at the Klingon, her expression curious.  "Do y-you want children?"

"Not find a mate in Starfleet, hm? Well," Raynor smiled, kissing the top of her head, "good thing I am not in Starfleet." He lay a gentle touch along her cheek, trailing the backs of his fingers down her jaw, feeling the very slight little ridge on her chin. Did he want children? "To be honest...I never have given it much thought, either. I have never expected that I would live long enough to see progeny," he said, feeling a little more vocally honest than usual. "I am sorry, Ilana. I do not say such things to make you uneasy. They simply are the truth. One way or another, I assumed my days would end before I was forty." He touched under her chin, lifting her face so that her eyes looked into his. "That was...then. A different time. A different life. Before I had...something to live for."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 5:59 am

Hearing Raynor speak as if his life would soon be over, that he had expected to die so early in his life, scared Ilana. She had survived without him at one point, just, and that had been knowing that he was still out there, somewhere in the Klingon Empire. Could she handle him dying?

The assurances he gave her did go some way toward calming her, but it remained clear that it still troubled her greatly. It was in Klingon nature to barrel into situations with blades held aloft and a war cry on their lips. But he was only half Klingon. Was it in his? Would he?

She jumped forward, pressing her lips to his, digging her fingers into his hair, hoping that she could somehow express just how much she wanted and needed his presence beside her.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 10:13 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:
Hearing Raynor speak as if his life would soon be over, that he had expected to die so early in his life, scared Ilana.  She had survived without him at one point, just, and that had been knowing that he was still out there, somewhere in the Klingon Empire.  Could she handle him dying?

The assurances he gave her did go some way toward calming her, but it remained clear that it still troubled her greatly.  It was in Klingon nature to barrel into situations with blades held aloft and a war cry on their lips.  But he was only half Klingon.  Was it in his?  Would he?

She jumped forward, pressing her lips to his, digging her fingers into his hair, hoping that she could somehow express just how much she wanted and needed his presence beside her.

Ilana's reaction took him by surprise...which was something that was, in general, quite difficult to do. Then again, his Lana was always so full of surprises. Unlike anything he'd ever experienced in his life, in just about every conceivable way.

He returned the kiss, a low growl of pleasure rumbling in his throat at the sensation of her fingers pulling through his long hair. Her kiss was direct and powerful, the kind that he liked, and it was almost enough to re-awaken his blood. "I'm not going anywhere," he said, after they'd rolled themselves back up in the blanket. "It's going to take a hell of a lot to get rid of me..."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 3:02 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Ilana's reaction took him by surprise...which was something that was, in general, quite difficult to do.  Then again, his Lana was always so full of surprises.  Unlike anything he'd ever experienced in his life, in just about every conceivable way.  

He returned the kiss, a low growl of pleasure rumbling in his throat at the sensation of her fingers pulling through his long hair.  Her kiss was direct and powerful, the kind that he liked, and it was almost enough to re-awaken his blood.  "I'm not going anywhere," he said, after they'd rolled themselves back up in the blanket.  "It's going to take a hell of a lot to get rid of me..."

As they surfaced from the kiss, Ilana tucked her head down to rest her forehead against his sternum. With the life that they both lead, living and working in the vast expanse of space, there was no guarantee that either of them were going to be alive from one day to the next. She knew that. It was a risk that they both accepted by taking the jobs they had.

"I am glad," she replied, her voice starting to fog a little with sleep. The warmth of the blanket, their exercise, and the fact that she was cuddled up to Raynor were all factors that were leading to her drifting off. "I d-don't want to lose you."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 3:15 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

As they surfaced from the kiss, Ilana tucked her head down to rest her forehead against his sternum.  With the life that they both lead, living and working in the vast expanse of space, there was no guarantee that either of them were going to be alive from one day to the next.  She knew that.  It was a risk that they both accepted by taking the jobs they had.

"I am glad," she replied, her voice starting to fog a little with sleep.  The warmth of the blanket, their exercise, and the fact that she was cuddled up to Raynor were all factors that were leading to her drifting off.  "I d-don't want to lose you."

What Raynor had said earlier was very true - as a younger man, especially as one coming into the ideals of the Klingon way of life, and the way of the warrior, he had not looked past the current day. Only the now mattered. The future was something for soothsayers, which, of course, were all known to be liars. He never could see a day when he would feel the need to plan for a tomorrow.

Or have someone to plan it with.

Ilana had changed much, not the least of all his entire frame of mind. She was like a quiet little maelstrom...in her own little way. Only one of the many things he'd come to love about her.

"You will not lose me, Lana. I promise." He had no idea what their future held, no idea about a further life together....children...all of that. All he had was his love, and the promise to not let her down. As the Cardassian settled in for sleep (mostly snuggled on top of him), he smiled and smoothed her short, silky hair. "Par'Mach'kai," he sleepily said. There were few terms of endearment in the native Klingon tongue, but what they lacked in quantity, they more than made up for in power.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 4:57 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:
What Raynor had said earlier was very true - as a younger man, especially as one coming into the ideals of the Klingon way of life, and the way of the warrior, he had not looked past the current day.  Only the now mattered.  The future was something for soothsayers, which, of course, were all known to be liars.  He never could see a day when he would feel the need to plan for a tomorrow.

Or have someone to plan it with.

Ilana had changed much, not the least of all his entire frame of mind.  She was like a quiet little maelstrom...in her own little way.  Only one of the many things he'd come to love about her.  

"You will not lose me, Lana.  I promise."  He had no idea what their future held, no idea about a further life together....children...all of that.  All he had was his love, and the promise to not let her down.  As the Cardassian settled in for sleep (mostly snuggled on top of him), he smiled and smoothed her short, silky hair.  "Par'Mach'kai," he sleepily said.  There were few terms of endearment in the native Klingon tongue, but what they lacked in quantity, they more than made up for in power.

The warmth of his skin on her cheek, the beat of his heart, the deep rumble of his voice were all elements that comforted and soothed Ilana. She could remember them being there while she lay on a biobed, clinging to life. A soft smile curved her lips as she snuggled a little closer to him.

"P-Par'Mack-kai..." she murmured before drifting off to sleep.

[A few days later]

"Don't wait so long to come back and visit us," Kattel chided her daughter as they stood at the space port, seeing Ilana and Raynor off. The trip had gone surprisingly well. Even Vonar had stopped glaring quite so much at Raynor, something that had brought quite a bit of relief to the young Cardassian. The remaining hostility from her father had, as far as she and her mother could tell, had mainly been about ensuring that Raynor knew his place in the Telak family hierarchy.

"I'll visit when m-my duties allow," Ilana replied, playfully shaking her head at her parents. Vonar stepped forward with a soft smile for his daughter, hugging her as tightly as he dared before stepping back and leveling a flat stare at Raynor. "I trust that you'll be looking after her."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 11:47 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

"Don't wait so long to come back and visit us," Kattel chided her daughter as they stood at the space port, seeing Ilana and Raynor off.  The trip had gone surprisingly well.  Even Vonar had stopped glaring quite so much at Raynor, something that had brought quite a bit of relief to the young Cardassian.  The remaining hostility from her father had, as far as she and her mother could tell, had mainly been about ensuring that Raynor knew his place in the Telak family hierarchy.

"I'll visit when m-my duties allow," Ilana replied, playfully shaking her head at her parents.  Vonar stepped forward with a soft smile for his daughter, hugging her as tightly as he dared before stepping back and leveling a flat stare at Raynor.  "I trust that you'll be looking after her."

[Days Later]

The time among Ilana's people passed with fair rapidity, as she showed him the sights of her home colony. It was a pleasant world, and Raynor found himself wishing, for her sake, that she'd actually been born and grew up here, instead of being forced to spend her earliest days in the bowels of a ship. There was something about breathing real air and digging in real dirt...feeling real sun on your skin...something that space-borne life missed.

And so they found themselves ready to leave the Telak home. Ilana's father had thawed ever-so-slightly to Raynor's presence, but the Klingon knew Vonar still disapproved. Raynor did not blame him. He doubted he'd want a daughter involved with a Klingon, either.

"To my last breath," he simply said, nodding once at Vonar. There was nothing more need be said between the two men, likely the two most important in Ilana's life. Her mother was a bit more expressive in her goodbyes, and Raynor hugged the woman. "Farewell, both of you," he said, as they turned and left toward their ship. "That was a...different...than expected week. And...educational."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 7:41 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

[Days Later]

The time among Ilana's people passed with fair rapidity, as she showed him the sights of her home colony. It was a pleasant world, and Raynor found himself wishing, for her sake, that she'd actually been born and grew up here, instead of being forced to spend her earliest days in the bowels of a ship. There was something about breathing real air and digging in real dirt...feeling real sun on your skin...something that space-borne life missed.

And so they found themselves ready to leave the Telak home. Ilana's father had thawed ever-so-slightly to Raynor's presence, but the Klingon knew Vonar still disapproved. Raynor did not blame him. He doubted he'd want a daughter involved with a Klingon, either.

"To my last breath," he simply said, nodding once at Vonar. There was nothing more need be said between the two men, likely the two most important in Ilana's life. Her mother was a bit more expressive in her goodbyes, and Raynor hugged the woman. "Farewell, both of you," he said, as they turned and left toward their ship. "That was a...different...than expected week. And...educational."

As they walked back toward where their shuttle had been prepared for them, Ilana cast a last glance back at her parents to wave at them. She didn't really want to leave them, but it was time to move on and start the next leg of their journey toward Earth. As much as she missed her parents while she was away, the regular contact went some way towards soothing that sense of loss.

She smiled up at Raynor, hugging his arm briefly before climbing into the craft they had flown from Starbase Athena. "Educational? Th-that is not a word g-generally associated w-with meeting my parents. I h-hope you weren't t-to put off by them."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 10:52 am

Ilana Telak wrote:

As they walked back toward where their shuttle had been prepared for them, Ilana cast a last glance back at her parents to wave at them.  She didn't really want to leave them,  but it was time to move on and start the next leg of their journey toward Earth.  As much as she missed her parents while she was away, the regular contact went some way towards soothing that sense of loss.

She smiled up at Raynor, hugging his arm briefly before climbing into the craft they had flown from Starbase Athena.  "Educational?  Th-that is not a word g-generally associated w-with meeting my parents.  I h-hope you weren't t-to put off by them."

In truth, everything had gone quite a bit more smoothly than Raynor had been expecting, so he had no complaints on that end. Even her father, whom the Klingon fully assumed would be openly hostile to him, had been accepting...in his own grudging, reluctant way.

"Oh," he said, as they sealed the entry behind them, "I wouldn't discount the learning experience. Especially the advice your mother gave me." Raynor grinned wickedly, sweeping the Cardassian into his arms and dipping her, his kiss aflame with playful passion. "Empirical trials have already shown it to work...though more testing will be required."

He settled into the cockpit, keying their departure procedures. "I suppose next stop...is Earth."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 12:35 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

In truth, everything had gone quite a bit more smoothly than Raynor had been expecting, so he had no complaints on that end.  Even her father, whom the Klingon fully assumed would be openly hostile to him, had been accepting...in his own grudging, reluctant way.  

"Oh," he said, as they sealed the entry behind them, "I wouldn't discount the learning experience.  Especially the advice your mother gave me."  Raynor grinned wickedly, sweeping the Cardassian into his arms and dipping her, his kiss aflame with playful passion.  "Empirical trials have already shown it to work...though more testing will be required."

He settled into the cockpit, keying their departure procedures.  "I suppose next stop...is Earth."

Being dipped came as a surprise to the Cardassian as she found herself suddenly reliant on Raynor to keep her from hitting the deck plates. Instinctively, she grabbed for him, taking hold of his shirt to keep her balance. This had the added bonus, however, of meaning that she could pull him toward her slightly to prolong the kiss.

It was almost disappointing to have to straighten up again, but it was necessary if they wanted to be able to take off and get on their way. She stowed their luggage away in the back of the shuttle before returning to the helm consoles and settling into the co-pilot's seat.

"Yes, Alaska, Earth," she replied, carefully watching his reaction. Had she heard something in his voice? Some element of discomfort? It was so hard to tell sometimes with the Klingon.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 2:09 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Being dipped came as a surprise to the Cardassian as she found herself suddenly reliant on Raynor to keep her from hitting the deck plates.  Instinctively, she grabbed for him, taking hold of his shirt to keep her balance.  This had the added bonus, however, of meaning that she could pull him toward her slightly to prolong the kiss.

It was almost disappointing to have to straighten up again, but it was necessary if they wanted to be able to take off and get on their way.  She stowed their luggage away in the back of the shuttle before returning to the helm consoles and settling into the co-pilot's seat.

"Yes, Alaska, Earth," she replied, carefully watching his reaction.  Had she heard something in his voice?  Some element of discomfort?  It was so hard to tell sometimes with the Klingon.

With the coordinates set and the planet's orbit broken (and with the well-wishes of the spaceport control), Raynor and Ilana were off again. It felt somewhat like an apt metaphor - the two of them, hurtling into unknown blackness, with only the light of the naked stars to guide them.

He gave a casual glance to the Cardassian as she sat in the co-pilot's seat. Had there been trepidation in her voice when he'd mentioned their next destination? She likely was nervous to meet his family, tiny as it was. "Don't clam up on me now, Lana," he quietly said, tapping some keys. "It's a long trip for silence. What is on your mind?"
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 2:48 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

With the coordinates set and the planet's orbit broken (and with the well-wishes of the spaceport control), Raynor and Ilana were off again.  It felt somewhat like an apt metaphor - the two of them, hurtling into unknown blackness, with only the light of the naked stars to guide them.  

He gave a casual glance to the Cardassian as she sat in the co-pilot's seat.  Had there been trepidation in her voice when he'd mentioned their next destination?  She likely was nervous to meet his family, tiny as it was.  "Don't clam up on me now, Lana," he quietly said, tapping some keys.  "It's a long trip for silence.  What is on your mind?"

Ilana looked over at Raynor as he spoke, a slight blush of embarrassment creeping over her cheeks as she realised that she must have been displaying her emotions on her face if he was asking about them. She offered him a smile, reaching over to run her hand over his.

"I always r-regret leaving m-my parents. I'm th-the only one f-from the f-freighter who has l-left the colony, and my f-father worries that h-he's g-going to lose another ch-child in space I h-have to admit th-that I'm a l-little worried about meeting your f-father as well. I don't r-remember you ever r-really talking about him."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 4:06 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana looked over at Raynor as he spoke, a slight blush of embarrassment creeping over her cheeks as she realised that she must have been displaying her emotions on her face if he was asking about them.  She offered him a smile, reaching over to run her hand over his.

"I always r-regret leaving m-my parents.  I'm th-the only one f-from the f-freighter who has l-left the colony, and my f-father worries that h-he's g-going to lose another ch-child in space  I h-have to admit th-that I'm a l-little worried about meeting your f-father as well.  I don't r-remember you ever r-really talking about him."

Raynor made a pleased sound as Ilana's hand touched his, smiling at her and nodding. "Your parents are fine people, Lana. I respect your father's convictions, even if he would rather you brought home a shaved kolar beast instead of me..." he grinned.

Turning the seat around so he could face her, Raynor took up both of Ilana's hands in his own. "I suppose," he said, shrugging slightly, "that I do not mention him much, do I? Well. You should not let that worry you overmuch. Are you afraid that he would have a problem with you?"
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 4:22 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Raynor made a pleased sound as Ilana's hand touched his, smiling at her and nodding.  "Your parents are fine people, Lana.  I respect your father's convictions, even if he would rather you brought home a shaved kolar beast instead of me..." he grinned.

Turning the seat around so he could face her, Raynor took up both of Ilana's hands in his own.  "I suppose," he said, shrugging slightly, "that I do not mention him much, do I?  Well.  You should not let that worry you overmuch.  Are you afraid that he would have a problem with you?"

The warmth of his hands enveloping hers prompted Ilana to look down at them, amused, as she always was, by the sheer number of differences between them, how he could crush her bones so easily and yet he was so gentle with her.

She smiled at the mention of her father's suitor preferences. "He was b-beginning to get used to you by th-the end of our stay," she pointed out.

Talking about his father, a man that Raynor had never actually gone into detail about, was a factor of some stress for the Cardassian. They had never swapped details about their families. She had never told him about the siblings that she had lost, or even all that much about her parents before he had met them. Was it so surprising that he hadn't shared information about his father? Not all that much. "I am a l-little afraid, yes," she admitted. "I'm h-hardly the kind of p-person you would expect a K-Klingon to bring home."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 4:39 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

The warmth of his hands enveloping hers prompted Ilana to look down at them, amused, as she always was, by the sheer number of differences between them, how he could crush her bones so easily and yet he was so gentle with her.

She smiled at the mention of her father's suitor preferences.  "He was b-beginning to get used to you by th-the end of our stay," she pointed out.  

Talking about his father, a man that Raynor had never actually gone into detail about, was a factor of some stress for the Cardassian.  They had never swapped details about their families.  She had never told him about the siblings that she had lost, or even all that much about her parents before he had met them.  Was it so surprising that he hadn't shared information about his father?  Not all that much.  "I am a l-little afraid, yes," she admitted.  "I'm h-hardly the kind of p-person you would expect a K-Klingon to bring home."

"Hmmm..." Raynor rumbled, chuckling. "And I am that which one would expect a Cardassian to bring home? No, Lana, don't worry yourself over what my father will think of you. After all...he married a Klingon. He'd be the last person to judge someone on whom they love."

He brought one of her hands up to his lips, kissing it lightly. "You're right, though...I do not mention him much." Raynor sat back in the chair, his eyes taking on a distant cast. "My father and I have...and understanding. I was a young fool when I first left Earth. Hot-headed...if you could imagine such a thing," he joked, winking at her. "I felt Earth was too small to contain me...it, along with humanity in general. I left for the Homeworld with scorn in my heart, but I have grown past it." His attention re-focused on the Cardassian. "My father has never re-married. He lives about as far out in the wilds as one can get, in these times."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 4:47 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"Hmmm..." Raynor rumbled, chuckling.  "And I am that which one would expect a Cardassian to bring home?  No, Lana, don't worry yourself over what my father will think of you.  After all...he married a Klingon.  He'd be the last person to judge someone on whom they love."

He brought one of her hands up to his lips, kissing it lightly.  "You're right, though...I do not mention him much."  Raynor sat back in the chair, his eyes taking on a distant cast.  "My father and I have...and understanding.  I was a young fool when I first left Earth.  Hot-headed...if you could imagine such a thing," he joked, winking at her.  "I felt Earth was too small to contain me...it, along with humanity in general.  I left for the Homeworld with scorn in my heart, but I have grown past it."  His attention re-focused on the Cardassian.  "My father has never re-married.  He lives about as far out in the wilds as one can get, in these times."

Ilana tapped a thin finger on the end of Raynor's nose as he teased her about imagining him as a hothead. She was well aware of the strong emotions that could linger beneath that surface. She occasionally engaged them.

Her expression softened as she listened to him, feeling a sense of loss for him that he didn't have the close family that she did. To be so isolated from family, it was almost unthinkable for a Cardassian. Another thought occurred to her though:

"If he l-lives in such isolation, w-will he want v-visitors?"
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 7:42 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana tapped a thin finger on the end of Raynor's nose as he teased her about imagining him as a hothead.  She was well aware of the strong emotions that could linger beneath that surface.  She occasionally engaged them.  

Her expression softened as she listened to him, feeling a sense of loss for him that he didn't have the close family that she did.  To be so isolated from family, it was almost unthinkable for a Cardassian.  Another thought occurred to her though:

"If he l-lives in such isolation, w-will he want v-visitors?"

The Klingon made a playful little nip at Ilana's thin finger as she tapped his nose. "He'll get them, whether he wants them or not," he grinned, shaking his head. "No. It's fine, Lana. Father knows we're coming. You're worrying over nothing." Raynor leaned over in his seat, cupping Ilana's cheek in his hand and bringing her close for a kiss. It was a human-style one, which meant lips and no teeth. Sometimes, he felt Klingons could actually learn something from humans. "You do not have to worry about unsolicited bedroom advice from my father, you know...I'm sure all of his knowledge pertained to female Klingons!"
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 2:56 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

The Klingon made a playful little nip at Ilana's thin finger as she tapped his nose.  "He'll get them, whether he wants them or not," he grinned, shaking his head.  "No.  It's fine, Lana.  Father knows we're coming.  You're worrying over nothing."  Raynor leaned over in his seat, cupping Ilana's cheek in his hand and bringing her close for a kiss.  It was a human-style one, which meant lips and no teeth.  Sometimes, he felt Klingons could actually learn something from humans.  "You do not have to worry about unsolicited bedroom advice from my father, you know...I'm sure all of his knowledge pertained to female Klingons!"

Another blush crept over Ilana's cheeks as Raynor brought up the fact that her mother had taken him aside to give him a few pointers on their... exercise regime (although she couldn't really complain. He had apparently committed them to memory and used them frequently).

"He c-can still speak as a m-male," she reminded him. "And you are half human."

Her lips curved upward slightly at the softness of the kiss, looking at the Klingon with half-lidded eyes. While there were some things that they needed to work on in their relationship, kissing was definitely not one of them. Raynor was already very good at it.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 8:50 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Another blush crept over Ilana's cheeks as Raynor brought up the fact that her mother had taken him aside to give him a few pointers on their... exercise regime (although she couldn't really complain.  He had apparently committed them to memory and used them frequently).

"He c-can still speak as a m-male," she reminded him.  "And you are half human."  

Her lips curved upward slightly at the softness of the kiss, looking at the Klingon with half-lidded eyes.  While there were some things that they needed to work on in their relationship, kissing was definitely not one of them.  Raynor was already very good at it.

"Half-human, half-Klingon, and male. All of those things..." Raynor grinned, resting his forehead gently against hers, feeling the sensation of their various ridges touching one another. He kept his hand on the back of her neck, gently stroking it. "Are they your expert opinion...dear doctor?"

Raynor turned back in his seat, but not before landing one more quick kiss on her lower lip. "Calculations laid, course set in. We should be at Earth in...two days, four hours. Give or take." The Klingon leaned back in his seat, cocking a playful eye at Ilana. "So. The question begs, Lana - how shall we fill our time? Do we go through the pretense of training, or something like that...or do we just admit that we'll likely spend it lovemaking?"
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 6:50 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"Half-human, half-Klingon, and male.  All of those things..." Raynor grinned, resting his forehead gently against hers, feeling the sensation of their various ridges touching one another.  He kept his hand on the back of her neck, gently stroking it.  "Are they your expert opinion...dear doctor?"

Raynor turned back in his seat, but not before landing one more quick kiss on her lower lip.  "Calculations laid, course set in.  We should be at Earth in...two days, four hours.  Give or take."  The Klingon leaned back in his seat, cocking a playful eye at Ilana.  "So.  The question begs, Lana - how shall we fill our time?  Do we go through the pretense of training, or something like that...or do we just admit that we'll likely spend it lovemaking?"

It was somewhat disappointing as Raynor's warm fingers left the back of her neck, but Ilana was at least partially mollified by the brief kiss. She frowned slightly at the announcement of their ETA, quite an extended period of time for someone who didn't even particularly like being trapped in one place for a couple of hours. Knowing that she could get out if she needed to, that was everything to the Cardassian.

Her brow scales shifted slightly into a slightly amused expression of her own. "I th-thought that our l-lovemaking was a pretty good w-workout," she teased. "I believe th-this shuttle has a f-fully stocked m-medkit."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 7:25 am

Ilana Telak wrote:

It was somewhat disappointing as Raynor's warm fingers left the back of her neck, but Ilana was at least partially mollified by the brief kiss.  She frowned slightly at the announcement of their ETA, quite an extended period of time for someone who didn't even particularly like being trapped in one place for a couple of hours.  Knowing that she could get out if she needed to, that was everything to the Cardassian.

Her brow scales shifted slightly into a slightly amused expression of her own.  "I th-thought that our l-lovemaking was a pretty good w-workout," she teased.  "I believe th-this shuttle has a f-fully stocked m-medkit."

[Later]

In the end, of course, there had been plenty of time for both training in the mok'bara, as well as exploring which areas of the ship were most conducive to other kinds of physical exertion. Raynor figured that if Deacon knew what they'd used her runabout for, the admiral would sell the damn thing for scrap.

Still, the days passed with relative ease, and with little pain. It hadn't all been muscle coordination and egregious sexual activity, though...Raynor had also been walking Ilana through the basics of meditation before bed. He'd had to disable the runabout's fire suppression systems in order to get the damn candles lit, but flame had always helped him focus. It was his hope that, eventually, the meditation would help her leave some of her work behind and sleep better.

The planets and stars of the Sol System were familiar to Raynor, but not as much so (and, truth told, not as comforting) as those bordering the interior of the Klingon Empire. Still, in its own way, it was home. One of them, at least.

"Wake up, beloved," Raynor grinned, leaning over to kiss the dozing Cardassian on the forehead. She'd insisted that she wasn't too sleepy to sit the co-pilot's seat, but Raynor had caught her nodding off at about Alpha Centauri. "We are here."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 1:16 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:
[Later]

In the end, of course, there had been plenty of time for both training in the mok'bara, as well as exploring which areas of the ship were most conducive to other kinds of physical exertion.  Raynor figured that if Deacon knew what they'd used her runabout for, the admiral would sell the damn thing for scrap.

Still, the days passed with relative ease, and with little pain.  It hadn't all been muscle coordination and egregious sexual activity, though...Raynor had also been walking Ilana through the basics of meditation before bed.  He'd had to disable the runabout's fire suppression systems in order to get the damn candles lit, but flame had always helped him focus.  It was his hope that, eventually, the meditation would help her leave some of her work behind and sleep better.

The planets and stars of the Sol System were familiar to Raynor, but not as much so (and, truth told, not as comforting) as those bordering the interior of the Klingon Empire.  Still, in its own way, it was home.  One of them, at least.

"Wake up, beloved," Raynor grinned, leaning over to kiss the dozing Cardassian on the forehead.  She'd insisted that she wasn't too sleepy to sit the co-pilot's seat, but Raynor had caught her nodding off at about Alpha Centauri.  "We are here."

The Cardassian was snoozing quite contentedly in the co-pilot's chair, catching up on some interrupted sleep. Pleasantly interrupted, but interrupted all the same. The journey hadn't been all that long in the end as Raynor found various ways to occupy them both. It was pretty safe to say that she wasn't going to be able to look at the shuttle in the same way again.

She had progressed a little in the mok'bara, no longer making a complete idiot of herself when she attempted the stances, unless they were the particularly complex ones. They had also worn out the regenerator in the medkit three times, (she did take partial responsibility for that, due to her new-found trick of biting him).

The meditation, on the other hand, had been rather difficult. Her mind wandered off rather than focusing, and reining it in was proving to be rather hard. Thankfully, Raynor was a patient teacher, at least with her.

She jumped as she felt Raynor's lips on her forehead, snapping awake with a squeak and fighting with the blanket that she was sure hadn't been there when she fell asleep. Once it had been defeated, she sat up properly, rubbing her eyes.

"W-we're here?" she asked to clarify, looking out of the viewscreen at the blue and green form of Earth.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 6:58 am

Raynor picked up the fallen blanket with a laugh, carrying it over to the bunk area and tossing it in. "We certainly are. Welcome back to Earth, dear doctor." He slid back into his chair, working through final check-in procedures with the starbase. After all that, along with the requisite niceties, the runabout was clear for landing at Fairbanks Station.

"We'll need to hire out an overland speeder to get to where we're going," he said, shutting down the ship. "Computer, ambient outdoor temperature, please."

*The temperature is fifteen degrees Celsius*

Smiling, Raynor touched along Ilana's jaw. "Might want to wear a coat, my love. Though, we're fortunate to have arrived on the cusp of summer..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next