Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 8:19 am

Ilana Telak wrote:
Kattel tutted at the Klingon, tasting a sauce from one of the pans.  "Vonar will come round.  Just give him some time to see how happy Ilana is with you." She stirred the sauce, adding a herb of some sort from a small bowl to the side before stirring it again.  "I won't lie.  I wasn't all that happy when she told us about your relationship, but seeing you together, how you behave with each other, has changed my mind." Taking a clean spoon, she took a bit of the sauce and handed it to Raynor.  "Let me know if that's too spicy." She then smiled slightly, the skin around her eyes crinkling.  "Will you let an old woman give you a bit of advice?"

Raynor took the offered spoon, taking a taste of the sauce. The spice was...different...than what he was used to. It occurred to him that he'd never actually tasted Cardassian cuisine, other than redleaf tea. It was hard enough to get Ilana to even eat food in the first place...so it wasn't as if she'd been cooking him dinner, or anything.

He quirked an eyebrow at Kattell's asking for permission to give advice. Since when did the matron of the home need to ask to speak their mind? He said nothing, though, only inclining his head in a nod. "Of course...though, I would hardly consider you to be old. The sauce is not too spicy."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 12:19 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Raynor took the offered spoon, taking a taste of the sauce.  The spice was...different...than what he was used to.  It occurred to him that he'd never actually tasted Cardassian cuisine, other than redleaf tea.  It was hard enough to get Ilana to even eat food in the first place...so it wasn't as if she'd been cooking him dinner, or anything.

He quirked an eyebrow at Kattell's asking for permission to give advice.  Since when did the matron of the home need to ask to speak their mind?  He said nothing, though, only inclining his head in a nod.  "Of course...though, I would hardly consider you to be old.  The sauce is not too spicy."

Kattel smiled and nodded in satisfaction as she took the spoon back.  Sometimes, other races found the heat in Cardassian food to be a little overpowering, so she had thought it prudent to check before dishing it all up.  She would hate him to think himself compelled to eat or worse, go hungry, because he didn't enjoy it.

She turned an amused look in his direction as he stated that he didn't consider her to be old, tempted to hit him with the wooden spatula she was using to turn some vegetables.

"Always remember this, Mr Hughes:  Stroke skin, scratch scales and bite the ridges.  That's the key to bedding most Cardassians. And pay attention to the Chu'en, of course."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 5:56 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Kattel smiled and nodded in satisfaction as she took the spoon back.  Sometimes, other races found the heat in Cardassian food to be a little overpowering, so she had thought it prudent to check before dishing it all up.  She would hate him to think himself compelled to eat or worse, go hungry, because he didn't enjoy it.

She turned an amused look in his direction as he stated that he didn't consider her to be old, tempted to hit him with the wooden spatula she was using to turn some vegetables.

"Always remember this, Mr Hughes:  Stroke skin, scratch scales and bite the ridges.  That's the key to bedding most Cardassians.  And pay attention to the Chu'en, of course."

Thankfully, Raynor had set the spoon of sauce down. Otherwise, he'd probably have spit it across the kitchen. Not that Klingons were easily embarrassed, but...well. He was half-Terran. Raynor didn't remember much about his own mother, but he was fairly sure she wouldn't even have been so blatantly open about her child's sexuality.

"Ah." He said, searching for words.

About a half a minute later, he was still searching.

Raynor gave the woman a level look, trying to determine if she was being serious. A wide grin suddenly broke out over his face, and the Klingon threw back his head and laughed. He shook his head, nodding an appreciative nod of respect in Kattell's direction. "The openness and honesty...Mrs. Telak, I swear. It's positively Klingon."

He glanced at the entrance to the living room, glad that Ilana wasn't present for the conversation. Spontaneous combustion brought on by mortification wasn't on the medical record as ever having happened, but there was a first time for everything. "Ilana is a doctor, and I am a scientist trained in osteopathy. We have gathered much empirical evidence. But...I do thank you for the advice."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 6:16 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Thankfully, Raynor had set the spoon of sauce down.  Otherwise, he'd probably have spit it across the kitchen.  Not that Klingons were easily embarrassed, but...well.  He was half-Terran.  Raynor didn't remember much about his own mother, but he was fairly sure she wouldn't even have been so blatantly open about her child's sexuality.

"Ah."  He said, searching for words.

About a half a minute later, he was still searching.

Raynor gave the woman a level look, trying to determine if she was being serious.  A wide grin suddenly broke out over his face, and the Klingon threw back his head and laughed.  He shook his head, nodding an appreciative nod of respect in Kattell's direction.  "The openness and honesty...Mrs. Telak, I swear.  It's positively Klingon."  

He glanced at the entrance to the living room, glad that Ilana wasn't present for the conversation.  Spontaneous combustion brought on by mortification wasn't on the medical record as ever having happened, but there was a first time for everything.  "Ilana is a doctor, and I am a scientist trained in osteopathy.  We have gathered much empirical evidence.  But...I do thank you for the advice."

Kattel's smile widened at the Klingon's apparent surprise at her words of advice. "Please, Mr Hughes, call me Kattel," she admonished him gently before continuing, still checking on the various pans on the range. "I don't doubt that you've gathered a lot of experience together. I know that my mother gave me advice on how to please Vonar when we entered a physical relationship, but you have the added complication that you're from two different cultures. I don't meant to infer that either is wrong, but the manner in which our species copulate is quite different and I know that Ilana wouldn't have the confidence to tell you what she wants you to do." She turned to give the Klingon a somewhat puckish smile. "You'll have to forgive me. Most Cardassian women my age are already grandmothers and while I would never force Ilana into motherhood before she's ready, I have to admit to some eagerness."

Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 6:36 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Kattel's smile widened at the Klingon's apparent surprise at her words of advice.  "Please, Mr Hughes, call me Kattel," she admonished him gently before continuing, still checking on the various pans on the range.  "I don't doubt that you've gathered a lot of experience together.  I know that my mother gave me advice on how to please Vonar when we entered a physical relationship, but you have the added complication that you're from two different cultures.  I don't meant to infer that either is wrong, but the manner in which our species copulate is quite different and I know that Ilana wouldn't have the confidence to tell you what she wants you to do."  She turned to give the Klingon a somewhat puckish smile.  "You'll have to forgive me.  Most Cardassian women my age are already grandmothers and while I would never force Ilana into motherhood before she's ready, I have to admit to some eagerness."

No matter how much he appreciated Kattell's honesty, or how comfortable he was talking about physical aspects...it still felt strange to be conversing about such things with Ilana's mother. Usually, when parents found out about him, it was right before they started daydreaming about using a plasma shotgun on him.

"Yes. It is...different. But the same, in many ways. Our first few times were when neither of us were in control of our mental faculties. Ilana does not hold it against me, but...in a way, I will never forgive myself for hurting her."

Raynor stood again, moving back over toward the same window he was looking out of earlier. He thought about what she'd said about children. Could he ever put Ilana through that suffering? A pregnancy was hard enough on someone like her, without adding Klingon genetics in the mixture.

And...did he want children? Did she?

"When she went through the surgery to install the nanotechnology in her implant, there were complications. I'm sure you know about it, but...I was an assistant in the surgery. There were problems and...it was very touch-and-go for a long time." Raynor turned again, looking at Kattell with a very serious face. "No matter how brief it was...I watched her die. I realized, at that very second, how empty my life would be without her."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 6:53 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

No matter how much he appreciated Kattell's honesty, or how comfortable he was talking about physical aspects...it still felt strange to be conversing about such things with Ilana's mother.  Usually, when parents found out about him, it was right before they started daydreaming about using a plasma shotgun on him.

"Yes.  It is...different.  But the same, in many ways.  Our first few times were when neither of us were in control of our mental faculties.  Ilana does not hold it against me, but...in a way, I will never forgive myself for hurting her."

Raynor stood again, moving back over toward the same window he was looking out of earlier.  He thought about what she'd said about children.  Could he ever put Ilana through that suffering?  A pregnancy was hard enough on someone like her, without adding Klingon genetics in the mixture.

And...did he want children?  Did she?

"When she went through the surgery to install the nanotechnology in her implant, there were complications.  I'm sure you know about it, but...I was an assistant in the surgery.  There were problems and...it was very touch-and-go for a long time."  Raynor turned again, looking at Kattell with a very serious face.  "No matter how brief it was...I watched her die.  I realized, at that very second, how empty my life would be without her."

Wiping her hands on a cloth, Kattel observed the Klingon for a moment, her expression softening. It was clear to her that the two of them had more than just a fling going. There was something else there, something more, and that was why she wasn't standing in the way of it. Vonar, she knew, would eventually come round once he had had the time to get used to the Klingon and see that it was making his daughter happy to be with Raynor.

"Yes, Ilana did tell us about your first few encounters and why they happened. I can tell you that she doesn't blame you in the slightest. Perhaps, to begin with, she was afraid, but that seems to have long passed. Whether you forgive yourself or not is up to you. She certainly has."

The Cardassian became concerned as Raynor moved on to tell her about the operation that had installed the implant. "We were aware of the procedure, about what was going to happen, but she was quite confused about how it actually went. Her memory wasn't clear. You being there, assisting, was a great comfort to her, that much I know. She probably wouldn't have gone through with it otherwise. But dying? She died during the procedure?" Kattel found that she had to sit down on the little stool that she kept by the range. She rubbed her heart, as if there was an ache there, and looked up at Raynor. "Thank you. Thank you for being there for her."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 8:47 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Wiping her hands on a cloth, Kattel observed the Klingon for a moment, her expression softening.  It was clear to her that the two of them had more than just a fling going.  There was something else there, something more, and that was why she wasn't standing in the way of it.  Vonar, she knew, would eventually come round once he had had the time to get used to the Klingon and see that it was making his daughter happy to be with Raynor.

"Yes, Ilana did tell us about your first few encounters and why they happened.  I can tell you that she doesn't blame you in the slightest.  Perhaps, to begin with, she was afraid, but that seems to have long passed.  Whether you forgive yourself or not is up to you.  She certainly has."  

The Cardassian became concerned as Raynor moved on to tell her about the operation that had installed the implant.  "We were aware of the procedure, about what was going to happen, but she was quite confused about how it actually went.  Her memory wasn't clear.  You being there, assisting, was a great comfort to her, that much I know.  She probably wouldn't have gone through with it otherwise.  But dying?  She died during the procedure?"  Kattel found that she had to sit down on the little stool that she kept by the range.  She rubbed her heart, as if there was an ache there, and looked up at Raynor.  "Thank you.  Thank you for being there for her."

Raynor crossed the room in a pair of long strides, sidling up to Kattell. He was surprised that she didn't know all the details, but...apparently, a child's need to not worry their parents overrode her habit of sharing every aspect of her life. "I did not mean to cause you distress...but, yes. Clinically, she was, but the doctor and I were able to resuscitate her. You should know how brave your daughter is. She has the heart of a true warrior."

He settled a hand on her shoulder, smiling warmly at the kind woman. "Our relationship is unorthodox, yes...but, Ilana and I are both in our respective star services. Especially for her, exploring new ideas and experiences is a part of her life. I am honored to be a part of that life. While our being together will cause discomfort in some...know this. I would spill my last blood, breathe my last breath, in defense of her."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 9:25 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Raynor crossed the room in a pair of long strides, sidling up to Kattell.  He was surprised that she didn't know all the details, but...apparently, a child's need to not worry their parents overrode her habit of sharing every aspect of her life.  "I did not mean to cause you distress...but, yes.  Clinically, she was, but the doctor and I were able to resuscitate her.  You should know how brave your daughter is.  She has the heart of a true warrior."

He settled a hand on her shoulder, smiling warmly at the kind woman.  "Our relationship is unorthodox, yes...but, Ilana and I are both in our respective star services.  Especially for her, exploring new ideas and experiences is a part of her life.  I am honored to be a part of that life.  While our being together will cause discomfort in some...know this.  I would spill my last blood, breathe my last breath, in defense of her."

Looking first at the hand on her shoulder, then up at Raynor, Kattel offered him a small smile. "She's always been strong of heart, even if she doesn't have the body to match it. Strange that, how the body can betray the heart." She said the last part more to herself than to Raynor, but she then perked up again.

"I have no doubt of that, Mr Hughes. From what I know of the Klingon culture, they can be very protective of their mates. I know that you won't let any harm come to her." She patted his hand and got to her feet, starting to move food from the fire into serving bowls. Picking up a couple, she smiled at the Klingon. "Come, watch this. It's one of my favourite sights."

Staying as quiet as she could, she moved back to the sun room, stopping before actually passing into sight through the arch. Peeking around the corner, she smiled and beckoned to Raynor, pointing around the corner.

Ilana was sitting on the floor next to her father's chair, her arms folded on the side of it and her chin resting on her arms as she looked up at him, a smile playing on her lips. She had found the time to change out of her uniform into an outfit that looked a little strange on her, far out of her normal wardrobe as it followed what was more accepted as Cardassian fashions, leaving a lot of the neck ridges and scaling on display. They were discussing something in low tones, sometimes referencing a PADD that Vonar was holding. The expression on the father's face was unmistakable in its fondness and love as he looked at his daughter.

Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 9:55 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Looking first at the hand on her shoulder, then up at Raynor, Kattel offered him a small smile.  "She's always been strong of heart, even if she doesn't have the body to match it.  Strange that, how the body can betray the heart."  She said the last part more to herself than to Raynor, but she then perked up again.

"I have no doubt of that, Mr Hughes.  From what I know of the Klingon culture, they can be very protective of their mates.  I know that you won't let any harm come to her."  She patted his hand and got to her feet, starting to move food from the fire into serving bowls.  Picking up a couple, she smiled at the Klingon.  "Come, watch this.  It's one of my favourite sights."

Staying as quiet as she could, she moved back to the sun room, stopping before actually passing into sight through the arch.  Peeking around the corner, she smiled and beckoned to Raynor, pointing around the corner.

Ilana was sitting on the floor next to her father's chair, her arms folded on the side of it and her chin resting on her arms as she looked up at him, a smile playing on her lips.  She had found the time to change out of her uniform into an outfit that looked a little strange on her, far out of her normal wardrobe as it followed what was more accepted as Cardassian fashions, leaving a lot of the neck ridges and scaling on display.  They were discussing something in low tones, sometimes referencing a PADD that Vonar was holding.  The expression on the father's face was unmistakable in its fondness and love as he looked at his daughter.  

"Aye," Raynor said, nodding. He would, indeed, not allow harm to come to her. It was the simple truth, and that was that. The Klingon's interest perked up as Kattell motioned for him to follow. He could be quite stealthy when he wished to be, so Raynor quickly followed her over to the corner of the room, taking in the view of Ilana interacting with her father.

The look of adoration on her face was apparent. He considered the relationship he had with his own father, something that had grown from misguided antagonism into a mutual respect. Raynor wondered what they could be talking about, but he wasn't about to go asking. Instead, he stood quietly, following Kattell's lead.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 10:09 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"Aye," Raynor said, nodding.  He would, indeed, not allow harm to come to her.  It was the simple truth, and that was that.  The Klingon's interest perked up as Kattell motioned for him to follow.  He could be quite stealthy when he wished to be, so Raynor quickly followed her over to the corner of the room, taking in the view of Ilana interacting with her father.  

The look of adoration on her face was apparent.  He considered the relationship he had with his own father, something that had grown from misguided antagonism into a mutual respect.  Raynor wondered what they could be talking about, but he wasn't about to go asking.  Instead, he stood quietly, following Kattell's lead.

After a moment of watching her husband and daughter, Kattel stepped into the room, announcing that dinner was ready and putting the first of the dishes on the low table. Ilana straightened up, smoothing out the tunic she was wearing, hoping that it passed inspection with Raynor. He had often teased her about always wearing her uniform instead of civilian attire.

Vonar's expression as he saw the Klingon shut off slightly, although the apparition of food seemed to mellow his mood. It fell to Ilana to carve the meat, which she did with all the precision that she generally brought to her craft, serving it before sitting back with her own small portion, something that brought disapproving looks from both of her parents.

"Mr Hughes, do you have much family?" Kattel asked, trying to spark up a conversation again.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 7:30 am

Ilana Telak wrote:

After a moment of watching her husband and daughter, Kattel stepped into the room, announcing that dinner was ready and putting the first of the dishes on the low table.  Ilana straightened up, smoothing out the tunic she was wearing, hoping that it passed inspection with Raynor.  He had often teased her about always wearing her uniform instead of civilian attire.

Vonar's expression as he saw the Klingon shut off slightly, although the apparition of food seemed to mellow his mood.  It fell to Ilana to carve the meat, which she did with all the precision that she generally brought to her craft, serving it before sitting back with her own small portion, something that brought disapproving looks from both of her parents.

"Mr Hughes, do you have much family?" Kattel asked, trying to spark up a conversation again.

Raynor ducked back into the kitchen, gathering up a few more of the dishes and carrying them out. That was, ostensibly, the reason why he'd gone with Kattell in the first place, after all. He flashed a smile at Ilana as he re-entered the room. "You look lovely, Lana," he said, settling the food in on the table. "I often think she only has three outfits - her uniform, her other uniform, and another uniform."

He could see that Vonar hadn't magically grown any warmer to him in the past half of an hour, but that was to be expected. Ilana's father was going to be a long process, not an epiphany from the heavens. Raynor accepted his portion with a cocked eyebrow at Ilana for the size of hers, noting with amusement that her parents were giving the same look. Apparently, she hadn't learned her eating habits from them.

"My father resides in a part of Earth called Alaska," Raynor answered, taking a bite of the meat. It was quite good, and he said so. "He moved back to his homeworld after my mother was killed in combat."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 7:47 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Raynor ducked back into the kitchen, gathering up a few more of the dishes and carrying them out.  That was, ostensibly, the reason why he'd gone with Kattell in the first place, after all.  He flashed a smile at Ilana as he re-entered the room.  "You look lovely, Lana," he said, settling the food in on the table.  "I often think she only has three outfits - her uniform, her other uniform, and another uniform."  

He could see that Vonar hadn't magically grown any warmer to him in the past half of an hour, but that was to be expected.  Ilana's father was going to be a long process, not an epiphany from the heavens.  Raynor accepted his portion with a cocked eyebrow at Ilana for the size of hers, noting with amusement that her parents were giving the same look.  Apparently, she hadn't learned her eating habits from them.

"My father resides in a part of Earth called Alaska," Raynor answered, taking a bite of the meat.  It was quite good, and he said so.  "He moved back to his homeworld after my mother was killed in combat."

The look on Kattel's face was sympathetic as she listened to Raynor speak about her family. Losing family members was never easy. Both she and Vonar had lost their parents in the Dominion and Klingon offensives on Cardassia as well as having lost four of their five children.

"I'm sure it was a glorious death," she replied, hoping to reassure the Klingon. Almost absentmindedly, she reached over, taking her now empty plate and piling more food on it before handing it back. Ilana rolled her eyes at her mother, but took another bite as if only to placate the maternal Cardassian. "No siblings? Grandparents?"
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 2:53 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

The look on Kattel's face was sympathetic as she listened to Raynor speak about her family.  Losing family members was never easy.  Both she and Vonar had lost their parents in the Dominion and Klingon offensives on Cardassia as well as having lost four of their five children.

"I'm sure it was a glorious death," she replied, hoping to reassure the Klingon.  Almost absentmindedly, she reached over, taking her now empty plate and piling more food on it before handing it back.  Ilana rolled her eyes at her mother, but took another bite as if only to placate the maternal Cardassian.  "No siblings?  Grandparents?"

Raynor wasn't sure if Kattell was being polite or not in calling his mother's death 'glorious', but he appreciated the thought behind her sentiment. He knew that, in their own manner, the Cardassians were an honorable people...but he also knew first-hand how vicious an opponent they could be. The look on the woman's face said it all - they had probably suffered during the late war. It was not something that Raynor had really asked Ilana about, for obvious reasons. Perhaps he should correct that oversight...if she be willing to speak of it.

"No siblings," he said, pouring a gravy-like substance on his vegetables. At least, he hoped it was gravy. Or close enough. "My father's father is dead, killed in service to Starfleet. I have grandparents on my mother's side on the Homeworld, though the House of Gev'noS is small in comparison to other Houses. It was they who took me in when I made my decision to live there, after leaving Earth as a young man."

Eyeing Ilana's plate, Raynor took an extra scoop of a broiled green vegetable, dropping it on the surface next to her lonely-looking helping of meat.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 3:47 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Raynor wasn't sure if Kattell was being polite or not in calling his mother's death 'glorious', but he appreciated the thought behind her sentiment.  He knew that, in their own manner, the Cardassians were an honorable people...but he also knew first-hand how vicious an opponent they could be.  The look on the woman's face said it all - they had probably suffered during the late war.  It was not something that Raynor had really asked Ilana about, for obvious reasons.  Perhaps he should correct that oversight...if she be willing to speak of it.

"No siblings," he said, pouring a gravy-like substance on his vegetables.  At least, he hoped it was gravy.  Or close enough.  "My father's father is dead, killed in service to Starfleet.  I have grandparents on my mother's side on the Homeworld, though the House of Gev'noS is small in comparison to other Houses.  It was they who took me in when I made my decision to live there, after leaving Earth as a young man."

Eyeing Ilana's plate, Raynor took an extra scoop of a broiled green vegetable, dropping it on the surface next to her lonely-looking helping of meat.

Kattel listened to Raynor as she chewed her food, nodding in the appropriate places. It was interesting to her, to know how their family ties linked and twisted, especially in families like his where it was a meld of two cultures quite different at the core.

"Just because a house is small, that doesn't mean that it has no power," she said in a tone that suggested that she was thinking aloud. She smiled at the sight of Raynor adding more food to Ilana's plate, much to the younger Cardassian's apparent annoyance.

Ilana huffed, shooting a glare at the Klingon but saying nothing. It was bad enough to have her parents hovering over her, making sure that she was eating enough of a meal without adding a Klingon mother hen to the mix.

"Oh, I forgot to ask!" Kattel exclaimed. "I've prepared separate rooms for you, but if you'd rather share, that's not a problem."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 4:24 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Kattel listened to Raynor as she chewed her food, nodding in the appropriate places.  It was interesting to her, to know how their family ties linked and twisted, especially in families like his where it was a meld of two cultures quite different at the core.  

"Just because a house is small, that doesn't mean that it has no power," she said in a tone that suggested that she was thinking aloud.  She smiled at the sight of Raynor adding more food to Ilana's plate, much to the younger Cardassian's apparent annoyance.  

Ilana huffed, shooting a glare at the Klingon but saying nothing.  It was bad enough to have her parents hovering over her, making sure that she was eating enough of a meal without adding a Klingon mother hen to the mix.

"Oh, I forgot to ask!" Kattel exclaimed.  "I've prepared separate rooms for you, but if you'd rather share, that's not a problem."

"Wisdom," Raynor said, nodding in response to Kattell's comment about the size of a House. He smirked slightly at Ilana's obvious consternation about their additions to her dinner. In that regard, he was fitting in with her family swimmingly.

Raynor flinched a microscopic motion as Ilana's mother mentioned their sleeping arrangement. Talking about such a thing for dinner conversation? Perhaps Klingons and Cardassians had more in common than he thought...

"Ah. Well. You are, of course, the mistress of this roof. Therefore, I will abide by whatever limits and laws you institute," he said, hedging his bet a bit. Of course he wanted to sleep with Ilana, but he doubted there'd be much more than sleeping going on...at least, while they were here.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 5:14 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:
"Wisdom," Raynor said, nodding in response to Kattell's comment about the size of a House.  He smirked slightly at Ilana's obvious consternation about their additions to her dinner.  In that regard, he was fitting in with her family swimmingly.

Raynor flinched a microscopic motion as Ilana's mother mentioned their sleeping arrangement.  Talking about such a thing for dinner conversation?  Perhaps Klingons and Cardassians had more in common than he thought...

"Ah.  Well.  You are, of course, the mistress of this roof.  Therefore, I will abide by whatever limits and laws you institute," he said, hedging his bet a bit.  Of course he wanted to sleep with Ilana, but he doubted there'd be much more than sleeping going on...at least, while they were here.

The maternal Cardassian made a curious clicking sound that could have been taken as her tutting at the Klingon. "Mr Hughes, I have been waiting years for Ilana to take an interest in potential mates rather than being blinkered by her work. If you would rather be together at night, then that's how it'll be," she said decisively.

Ilana managed a few more bites of her dinner before setting it aside, deliberately trying not to look at the disapproving look on her mother's face. She was well aware that she hadn't eaten enough to satisfy either her parents or Raynor, but there wasn't a lot she could do about that. She settled back in her seat, a faint smile on her face as she simply relaxed, something that came somewhat rarely while she was on the 'base. She cast a glance at Raynor, wondering how he was coping with her parents given that it was sometimes hard to get a reading on him.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 8:22 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

The maternal Cardassian made a curious clicking sound that could have been taken as her tutting at the Klingon.  "Mr Hughes, I have been waiting years for Ilana to take an interest in potential mates rather than being blinkered by her work.  If you would rather be together at night, then that's how it'll be," she said decisively.

Ilana managed a few more bites of her dinner before setting it aside, deliberately trying not to look at the disapproving look on her mother's face.  She was well aware that she hadn't eaten enough to satisfy either her parents or Raynor, but there wasn't a lot she could do about that.  She settled back in her seat, a faint smile on her face as she simply relaxed, something that came somewhat rarely while she was on the 'base.  She cast a glance at Raynor, wondering how he was coping with her parents given that it was sometimes hard to get a reading on him.

Raynor wanted to push Ilana to eat more, but...it felt a little strange to be doing that right in the presence of her own mother. After all, if Kattell wanted to bother Ilana about eating, she damn well would. Instead, he finished off his second helping of meat, cleaning off his plate in the process. He glanced at Ilana, cocking an eyebrow and smiling contentedly at her. How else could he possibly feel, with the look on her face? Although she was free and open with him, this was different. Here, she was in her element. Here, she felt at home.

Taking up his mug of warm tea, Raynor drank a long pull from it. "Your hospitiality has been appreciated," the Klingon said, speaking more to Ilana's mother, but his line of sight taking both of her parents in. "The meal was fantastic."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 8:37 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Raynor wanted to push Ilana to eat more, but...it felt a little strange to be doing that right in the presence of her own mother.  After all, if Kattell wanted to bother Ilana about eating, she damn well would.  Instead, he finished off his second helping of meat, cleaning off his plate in the process.  He glanced at Ilana, cocking an eyebrow and smiling contentedly at her.  How else could he possibly feel, with the look on her face?  Although she was free and open with him, this was different.  Here, she was in her element.  Here, she felt at home.

Taking up his mug of warm tea, Raynor drank a long pull from it.  "Your hospitiality has been appreciated," the Klingon said, speaking more to Ilana's mother, but his line of sight taking both of her parents in.  "The meal was fantastic."

"Thank you, Mr Hughes," Kattel replied, her smile wide and welcoming. There were few things that made her happier than knowing that she had contented guests in her house, and the fact that those guests happened to her her daughter and her daughter's mate had made things all the sweeter.

Getting to his feet, Vonar bowed to the small gathering. "If you will all excuse me, I think I'll retire. Good night to you all," he said before walking out of the room. Kattel looked to the chronometre on the wall and gave a gasp.

"My, the hour's late! I always forget that the summer months here give us very little darkness at night," she said apologetically, getting to her feet and smoothing the cloth of her dress before gathering up the dishes. "You two run along. I've prepared your old room for you, Ilana." The maternal Cardassian bent down to place a kiss on the top of her daughter's head before bustling away with the dishes.

Now left alone, Ilana looked to Raynor with a slightly guilty expression on her scaled features. "Well, n-now you've m-met my parents."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 9:01 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

"Thank you, Mr Hughes," Kattel replied, her smile wide and welcoming.  There were few things that made her happier than knowing that she had contented guests in her house, and the fact that those guests happened to her her daughter and her daughter's mate had made things all the sweeter.

Getting to his feet, Vonar bowed to the small gathering.  "If you will all excuse me, I think I'll retire.  Good night to you all," he said before walking out of the room.  Kattel looked to the chronometre on the wall and gave a gasp.

"My, the hour's late!  I always forget that the summer months here give us very little darkness at night," she said apologetically, getting to her feet and smoothing the cloth of her dress before gathering up the dishes.  "You two run along.  I've prepared your old room for you, Ilana."  The maternal Cardassian bent down to place a kiss on the top of her daughter's head before bustling away with the dishes.

Now left alone, Ilana looked to Raynor with a slightly guilty expression on her scaled features.  "Well, n-now you've m-met my parents."

"Thank you, good evening," Raynor said, nodding as her parents made their exit. The look that Vonar gave him was not quite as...venomous? as some of the earlier ones, so...well. That was, perhaps, a start. Better than nothing.

The Klingon moved over closer to Ilana, snaking his arm around her narrow waist. "I have indeed...and have come out none the worse for wear." He smiled down at her, at the way the warm rays of the fading sun filtered through the windows, reflecting in the keratinized epidermis of her skin, the emerald light of her eyes. "It is your house, Lana. I am at your mercy. What would you like to do, now?"
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 9:16 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"Thank you, good evening," Raynor said, nodding as her parents made their exit.  The look that Vonar gave him was not quite as...venomous? as some of the earlier ones, so...well.  That was, perhaps, a start.  Better than nothing.

The Klingon moved over closer to Ilana, snaking his arm around her narrow waist.  "I have indeed...and have come out none the worse for wear."  He smiled down at her, at the way the warm rays of the fading sun filtered through the windows, reflecting in the keratinized epidermis of her skin, the emerald light of her eyes.  "It is your house, Lana.  I am at your mercy.  What would you like to do, now?"

Being tucked into Raynor's side again, in a gesture that was quite characteristic of them, soothed Ilana in a manner that she didn't quite understand. She reached up on her toes, planting a brief kiss to his lips.

"At m-my mercy? I l-like the s-sound of that," she murmured. "I th-think we sh-should retire for the n-night." Slipping her hand into his, she gently lead him through the the familiar passages toward her old room.

The room had been decorated in earthen tones, soft hues of brown and green, but it was quite obviously a room whose purpose was to sleep and study and little more. A neatly organised bookshelf held science textbooks on various subjects and the bed looked large and inviting, their luggage stacked neatly on the comforter. Squeezing Raynor's hand, the Cardassian smiled slightly. "I'll b-be right back," she said, slipping into the small bathroom off to one side.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 9:27 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Being tucked into Raynor's side again, in a gesture that was quite characteristic of them, soothed Ilana in a manner that she didn't quite understand.  She reached up on her toes, planting a brief kiss to his lips.

"At m-my mercy?  I l-like the s-sound of that," she murmured.  "I th-think we sh-should retire for the n-night."  Slipping her hand into his, she gently lead him through the the familiar passages toward her old room.

The room had been decorated in earthen tones, soft hues of brown and green, but it was quite obviously a room whose purpose was to sleep and study and little more.  A neatly organised bookshelf held science textbooks on various subjects and the bed looked large and inviting, their luggage stacked neatly on the comforter.  Squeezing Raynor's hand, the Cardassian smiled slightly.  "I'll b-be right back," she said, slipping into the small bathroom off to one side.

It was still quite early in the night, with the sun having just set, but Ilana apparently wanted to retire, so retire they would. He smiled as she slipped her hand into his, lifting her cool fingers to his lips and kissing them. "My Lukara commands, and her Kahless obeys," he grinned, following Ilana into what he assumed was her room.

His assumption appeared to be correct. The room was much as he would have expected - not heavily adorned, a few books here and there. Their luggage had already been brought up, so Kattell must have assumed that they would decide to sleep together tonight.

"Of course," Raynor said, nodding as Ilana slipped out of the room. He took one of her old science books off the shelf, idly leafing through it, feeling the texture of the page on his fingertips. Almost every Klingon House had a few physical books, if the information therein was deemed important enough. Sometimes, a padd display wouldn't do.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 9:36 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

It was still quite early in the night, with the sun having just set, but Ilana apparently wanted to retire, so retire they would.  He smiled as she slipped her hand into his, lifting her cool fingers to his lips and kissing them.  "My Lukara commands, and her Kahless obeys," he grinned, following Ilana into what he assumed was her room.

His assumption appeared to be correct.  The room was much as he would have expected - not heavily adorned, a few books here and there.  Their luggage had already been brought up, so Kattell must have assumed that they would decide to sleep together tonight.

"Of course," Raynor said, nodding as Ilana slipped out of the room.  He took one of her old science books off the shelf, idly leafing through it, feeling the texture of the page on his fingertips.  Almost every Klingon House had a few physical books, if the information therein was deemed important enough.  Sometimes, a padd display wouldn't do.

A few minutes passed. Then a few more. And a few more. Longer than could generally be considered normal for anyone to spend in a bathroom.

Ilana growled in frustration. Her tunic had been half undone, leaving one shoulderblade bared. Armed with a pair of tweezers, a few gauze pads and a tube of moisturiser, the Cardassian was trying to get to a couple of scales on her back that had managed to get stuck in the process of shedding and were driving her nuts. Unfortunately, the positioning of them made them incredibly difficult for her to get to. She twisted around, trying to use the mirror to help her, but it was rapidly becoming clear that this wasn't a task she could do alone.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 9:42 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

A few minutes passed.  Then a few more.  And a few more.  Longer than could generally be considered normal for anyone to spend in a bathroom.  

Ilana growled in frustration.  Her tunic had been half undone, leaving one shoulderblade bared.  Armed with a pair of tweezers, a few gauze pads and a tube of moisturiser, the Cardassian was trying to get to a couple of scales on her back that had managed to get stuck in the process of shedding and were driving her nuts.  Unfortunately, the positioning of them made them incredibly difficult for her to get to.  She twisted around, trying to use the mirror to help her, but it was rapidly becoming clear that this wasn't a task she could do alone.

Raynor had settled into the bed, amazed at how soft it was. He would have assumed that Cardassians slept on something a bit harder. Then again, Ilana's bed wasn't that hard, either. It seemed as if they spent most of their nights together in her quarters instead of his.

He gave a large, jaw-cracking yawn, carefully replacing the textbook on Ilana's shelf. There was also a little stuffed creature on the shelf, something akin to a bear, or gopher, or...something. He assumed it was a native of Cardassia.

The Klingon stretched again, checking the small chronometer on her night-stand. Ilana had been in there for...quite a while, and he'd not heard anything whatsoever for a while. Raynor quietly moved toward the door, knocking a few soft knocks. "Lana? Are you...alright?"
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 9:49 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:
Raynor had settled into the bed, amazed at how soft it was.  He would have assumed that Cardassians slept on something a bit harder.  Then again, Ilana's bed wasn't that hard, either.  It seemed as if they spent most of their nights together in her quarters instead of his.

He gave a large, jaw-cracking yawn, carefully replacing the textbook on Ilana's shelf.  There was also a little stuffed creature on the shelf, something akin to a bear, or gopher, or...something.  He assumed it was a native of Cardassia.

The Klingon stretched again, checking the small chronometer on her night-stand.  Ilana had been in there for...quite a while, and he'd not heard anything whatsoever for a while.  Raynor quietly moved toward the door, knocking a few soft knocks.  "Lana?  Are you...alright?"

Ilana froze for a moment as she heard the knock on the door. She had been so focused on her futile task that she hadn't actually realised that the minutes had been trickling by.

"I am f-fine!" she called back, ineffectually trying again to grab one of the loose scales with the tweezers. A handful of heartbeats passed before, in a slightly quieter tone, she said: "I require assistance."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 9:55 am

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana froze for a moment as she heard the knock on the door.  She had been so focused on her futile task that she hadn't actually realised that the minutes had been trickling by.  

"I am f-fine!" she called back, ineffectually trying again to grab one of the loose scales with the tweezers.  A handful of heartbeats passed before, in a slightly quieter tone, she said:  "I require assistance."

Fine? Well. Raynor doubted that, but if that's what she said...

His sharp hearing picked up on the next line, though. Grinning to himself, Raynor opened the door to the bathroom. He raised an eyebrow at the sight of Ilana with her shirt hanging halfway off, tweezers in one and. "Ah...can I help you? Here," he said, tugging at her shirt. "Go ahead and take that off, and tell me what you need done."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next