Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page

Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 7:15 pm

Jiseth wrote:

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Ensign. There's still more that's required of you."

Omitting all the increments of quietness on the recording, Ayora played what had been picked up by the recorder. Idle conversation. Their encounter with the stranger. The phaser blast. She could even hear the subject being beamed away. Their communications with an angered Jiseth and then came the docking request. Parts of Kaz's story held, but only loosely as if the adhesive were still wet from being freshly applied to the makeshift facade.

"There are several inconsistencies in your story. First, Lieutenant Alpha has no orders from the Captain as you do which implies to me that T'Koris was aware of and complicit with Starfleet Medical. Secondly, an individual who calls their self Nemesis who poses a grave security risk to this ship. What they would want with a doctor who specializes in genetics... Well, there are rather disturbing possibilities. Thirdly, there's the matter of you being chosen. You indeed have experience... You're friends with Admiral Corinth, Ensign."

The third PADD she held up and showed the screen to Leela. Hitting the button to start the video, there appeared the recordings of the Admiral's sessions with Zero. She set it down on the table and continue to let it play. Almost indifferent to it, but there was no hiding how red her face had blushed in anger.

"You said you were following your conscious... A jury might see it as you being involved in human trafficking and decided against the delivery. If it weren't for these recordings of sexual assault and torture that Doctor Alpha herself obtained and entrusted with Lieutenant Jiseth, I would whole-heartily defend your case. I won't make a conclusion until I have all the evidence, but it would appear as if you were unknowingly an accomplice in this at best. The charges against you might be dropped depending on the testimony of the Captain. She herself has her own can of worms to deal with."

The Security Chief finally took a seat next to Ensign Kaz.

"I understand the duration of life your symbiot has been blessed with, but do not forget that you are a Junior Officer on this ship. Someone with so many lifetimes of wisdom... You may feel superior, entitled even, since in comparison the Lieutenant has two and a half paltry decades and the bloodiest war in the history of the quadrant under her belt. After seeing what you just did, put yourself in her place. She has no control over the situation. Now her closest friend, the Captain, won't respond to her hails. I would be worried too in her shoes. No other would likely take her under their command, she'd be sent back to Romulus. Imprisoned, definitely. Executed, very likely. It's up to you, Ensign, but I might consider giving her a little slack."

As the Commander brought up Corinth her mind began to phase into Juvals memories. She quickly tried to snapped back as her words began to formulate. "Corinth. Im not sure that friends is the word I would choose. To be technical. Juval was friends with with Corinth. Some 60 years ago when they were both young. I never met or spoke with him before today. Juval didn't speak to him for almost 50 years... They drifted apart after they were both issued assignments. Corinth stayed on Earth and Juval spent the next 20 years in deep space."

She listened intently as the Commander attempted to offer her advice. "I don't consider myself to be entitled or superior. Simply different. Those differences do, however, afford me with a wealth of knowledge and understanding. And with all do respect sir. If Lieutenant Jiseth can't perform her duties without flying off the handle prematurely or without cause then I reserve the right to be offended and upset. I don't think I will be cutting her some slack. Unless she cares to apologize once all of this is squared away."

There was a long pause as Leela contemplated the situation. "I would like to recommend that we include the Captain in this meeting."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Flight
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 11:46 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
As the Commander brought up Corinth her mind began to phase into Juvals memories. She quickly tried to snapped back as her words began to formulate. "Corinth. Im not sure that friends is the word I would choose. To be technical. Juval was friends with with Corinth. Some 60 years ago when they were both young. I never met or spoke with him before today. Juval didn't speak to him for almost 50 years... They drifted apart after they were both issued assignments. Corinth stayed on Earth and Juval spent the next 20 years in deep space."

She listened intently as the Commander attempted to offer her advice. "I don't consider myself to be entitled or superior. Simply different. Those differences do, however, afford me with a wealth of knowledge and understanding. And with all do respect sir. If Lieutenant Jiseth can't perform her duties without flying off the handle prematurely or without cause then I reserve the right to be offended and upset. I don't think I will be cutting her some slack. Unless she cares to apologize once all of this is squared away."

There was a long pause as Leela contemplated the situation. "I would like to recommend that we include the Captain in this meeting."

"I think the current set of affairs go beyond the normal duties required of her. Of any officer. I don't believe these were premature. Premeditated maybe. Not at you specifically, but aimed at whomever reports to Corinth on Zero. She acted very similar to the last who agreed to do as you have. That in and of itself could be construed as blackmail or extortion."

Shutting off the third PADD, Ayora slipped it underneath the others and made a stack. The one that contained the Captain's orders sat at the top and had been recording their entire conversation.

"The Captain has been in her quarters this whole time and does not wish to be disturbed, apparently. However, Ensign, there's one thing that puzzles me. In light of what you know now, are you still going to do as this Admiral wishes?"
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 12:51 pm

Jiseth wrote:

"I think the current set of affairs go beyond the normal duties required of her. Of any officer. I don't believe these were premature. Premeditated maybe. Not at you specifically, but aimed at whomever reports to Corinth on Zero. She acted very similar to the last who agreed to do as you have. That in and of itself could be construed as blackmail or extortion."

Shutting off the third PADD, Ayora slipped it underneath the others and made a stack. The one that contained the Captain's orders sat at the top and had been recording their entire conversation.

"The Captain has been in her quarters this whole time and does not wish to be disturbed, apparently. However, Ensign, there's one thing that puzzles me. In light of what you know now, are you still going to do as this Admiral wishes?"

Leela thought about the Commander's word and analyzed her conversation with Corinth. "I suggested the assignment to the Admiral. I felt sympathy for Zero and her situation. My only concern was helping Zero to have the life she wanted. She indicated to me that her preference would be to return to work ong the Phoenix. By being appointed her guardian that wish was granted. It also gives me power over how she is treated here. My only plan is to back off and let her live her life in peace. I was planning on sending periodic reports to Corinth giving a generic status update. I don't wish her any harm. It's quite the opposite actually."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 2:58 pm

Jiseth wrote:
Jiseth watched Zero for a few moments and then rolled her eyes. The amount of worrying Zero was doing was starting to slightly annoy the Romulan.

"Stop it. She doesn't care what you are, only what you've done and that is be an outstanding doctor. Maybe it's about time we stop acting like you're so different than the rest of the human race. You're not. Your birth doesn't define you, Zero, it's what you do in this life and no one can take that from you! At least you can blend in with the rest of them. There are so many times during the day I wish I could look like you. Without these ridges or pointy ears or green blood or damned reputation that I'm just as treacherous as the rest of my species. I'm not!"

Hurling herself around, Jiseth buried her face into the pillow and cocooned herself in the blanket. Only the faintest of muffled sobs could be heard.

Zero looked to the blanketed heap on the seat with a somewhat bemused expression, but it quickly flashed to anger, then back to neutrality.

"Or perhaps, you must acknowledge that I am different from the rest of the humans. I am not human!" she replied sharply. "You belong to a race that has not been outlawed in the Federation, be proud of such a fact. Your reputation is one that you have cultivated and done nothing to prevent and now it is one with which you must live, as my heritage is something with which I must learn to live."

Clicking her tongue for Ghost to join her, Zero turned and left the briefing room, finding that, although she didn't want to be alone, nor did she particularly want to be with Jiseth at that point.
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 5:16 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
Zero looked to the blanketed heap on the seat with a somewhat bemused expression, but it quickly flashed to anger, then back to neutrality.

"Or perhaps, you must acknowledge that I am different from the rest of the humans.  I am not human!" she replied sharply.  "You belong to a race that has not been outlawed in the Federation, be proud of such a fact.  Your reputation is one that you have cultivated and done nothing to prevent and now it is one with which you must live, as my heritage is something with which I must learn to live."

Clicking her tongue for Ghost to join her, Zero turned and left the briefing room, finding that, although she didn't want to be alone, nor did she particularly want to be with Jiseth at that point.

The Romulan went silent when she heard the doors hiss open and shut. It was like someone had grabbed hold of her throat firmly and she could not breathe even though she still was at a much higher rate. Faint, quick inhales. Her green blood-shot eyes focused on the door that Zero had left through after she pulled back her blanket and sat up.

"C-computer... Lock this room."

There came a pair of beeps in reply and a soft clamping sound from each doorway. Gripping the armrests on each side of her, Jiseth's eyes went straight to the floor. Sealed off from the rest of the ship, the only sound was her breathing as she tried to slow it, taking deep inhales through the nose and letting out the exhales through her lips.

Next came the whirl of the replicator and foot steps. The EPH took his leisurely time down the steps and sat next to her, offering a hot chocolate. She took the mug after a few moments and cradled it in her hands which were somewhat shaky.

"What... What just h-happened, Otto?"

"She's mad at you, my lady. You can't expect to play tyrant one moment and savior the next."

"The-they were going to... I can't let them-"

"Be still, my lady. Take a sip of your beverage."

Carefully moving the mug to her lips, Jiseth began to gulp down the warm liquid slowly before pulling it away.

"H-how long have you b-been watching?"

"Long enough. At some point you're going to have to back away. This isn't your fight, my lady. You can't hurt Corinth so you go after anyone remotely connected with him out of spite. Who are you trying to prove your strength to, hmm? Crushing two Ensign's careers get Zero anything?"

"Then I'll go after Corinth myself and-"

"And what! Go off, murder someone and get imprisoned? Or option B: commit suicide just because life threw you a curve ball! Sometimes it doesn't matter how hard you swing, you're always going to miss. Sometimes you strike out. You lose the game. You're not the champion or even the most valuable player. No, you're the one who brought your team down. That's how they'll remember you. Eventually, it's a new season. You have another chance. And then the same with the season after and the next. One day your daughter will step up to the plate... I sincerely hope you're there for her."

Leela Kaz wrote:
Leela thought about the Commander's word and analyzed her conversation with Corinth. "I suggested the assignment to the Admiral. I felt sympathy for Zero and her situation. My only concern was helping Zero to have the life she wanted. She indicated to me that her preference would be to return to work ong the Phoenix. By being appointed her guardian that wish was granted. It also gives me power over how she is treated here. My only plan is to back off and let her live her life in peace. I was planning on sending periodic reports to Corinth giving a generic status update. I don't wish her any harm. It's quite the opposite actually."

The Lieutenant Commander shook her head briskly.

"Don't look at it like you have power over anyone or anything in this situation, Ensign. You'll very quickly find yourself in the same boat as our friend Jiseth. More over you're saying the same things the previous tenant did. If you want to improve her quality of life, I suggest you go to her as a friend instead of a caretaker."

Standing from her seat, she looked to Leela one more time before gathering her PADD's.

"Until I have word from the Captain, you won't be allowed to leave the ship, but I'm not going to place you in the brig or confine you to quarters. Between you and I, I have no intention of sitting down with Doctor Alpha unless she comes directly to me. So... You might want to catch up with her, Ensign. I doubt whatever it was that occurred beneath us went too terribly well. I'll be in touch. Dismissed."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 1:26 pm

Jiseth wrote:

"Don't look at it like you have power over anyone or anything in this situation, Ensign. You'll very quickly find yourself in the same boat as our friend Jiseth. More over you're saying the same things the previous tenant did. If you want to improve her quality of life, I suggest you go to her as a friend instead of a caretaker."

Standing from her seat, she looked to Leela one more time before gathering her PADD's.

"Until I have word from the Captain, you won't be allowed to leave the ship, but I'm not going to place you in the brig or confine you to quarters. Between you and I, I have no intention of sitting down with Doctor Alpha unless she comes directly to me. So... You might want to catch up with her, Ensign. I doubt whatever it was that occurred beneath us went too terribly well. I'll be in touch. Dismissed."

Befriend her. The thought seemed to toss throughout her mind. Zero had been arrogant, rude and overall thoroughly unpleasant. Despite her behavior there was something that Leela admired about the augment. Maybe it was her dedication to Jiseth. Perhaps it was her willingness to fight through such tough situations. Kaz was no stranger to poor behavior and could see past Zero's charm. To Kaz Zero was a child, perhaps everyone seemed child-like to a being who was over 400 years old. But she couldn't help but to see a frightened little girl every time she looked at her. This truly came to light as she assumed a fetal position in the runabout. Frightened children do not desire help. Frightened children desire a friend, companionship, above all else. The monsters don't seem quite so real when someone is in the dark place with you. Maybe this is the role Jiseth served in Zero's life. Perhaps Jiseth kept those dark places at bay.

Given a long pause Leela glanced up from the table to the Commander. "Maybe you're right. She could probably use another friend. I think I'll take you up on your advice and seek out the Doctor. We'll see where this goes. Perhaps if we work together we can break Corinth's hold on her once ad for all." A smirk slowly appeared on her face. "After all, Juval knew him quite well. Maybe we can use this to our advantage."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 1:14 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
Given a long pause Leela glanced up from the table to the Commander. "Maybe you're right. She could probably use another friend. I think I'll take you up on your advice and seek out the Doctor. We'll see where this goes. Perhaps if we work together we can break Corinth's hold on her once ad for all." A smirk slowly appeared on her face. "After all, Juval knew him quite well. Maybe we can use this to our advantage."

"Maybe, Ensign."

There came a slight smirk as she turned and headed for the door. Her guards looked to her and proceeded out of the control room and eventually out of the hangar along with the other two who were present to stop Leela from exiting before. The Lieutenant Commander looked over her shoulder and waved for Leela to follow.

When Ayora got to the bottom of the stairs, she looked over to the red lights on the doors of the briefing room that showed they were locked. For a few moments she simply stared at them and wondered what swirling cauldron of emotions lay just on the other side.

"You know... I've been doing this job a long time. Something always stood out. When someone knows they've done wrong, they never seem to accept the consequences if they're caught. As if it were some mistake that they were defeated. Then you look at someone like the Lieutenant. Her only crime is trying to take on far too much and she seems to have even made a prison for herself."

For a moment, the normally jovial expression went to one of disgust as she turned away and towards the large amber doors do the corridor.

"I suggest rather than simply give information to Corinth, you provide an olive branch to Jiseth. Keep her informed of what the Admiral is up to. Most of all, Ensign, sometimes you don't need to put down an angry beast. Simply remove the splinter from its paw."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 1:26 pm

Zero, who had been sitting on the bottom of the stairs with her head in her hands and Ghost cuddled into her side since her emotional departure from the briefing room, looked up at the sound of voices. Jiseth had locked herself inside the briefing room, that much she knew. The emotional trauma of the situation had completely overwhelmed the young Augment's underdeveloped ability to process.

She jumped to her feet, affecting indifference as she looked at the Chief of Security and Kaz, nodding curtly to the former.

"I have been informed that I am to report to you for a debriefing session."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 1:45 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
Zero, who had been sitting on the bottom of the stairs with her head in her hands and Ghost cuddled into her side since her emotional departure from the briefing room, looked up at the sound of voices.  Jiseth had locked herself inside the briefing room, that much she knew.  The emotional trauma of the situation had completely overwhelmed the young Augment's underdeveloped ability to process.

She jumped to her feet, affecting indifference as she looked at the Chief of Security and Kaz, nodding curtly to the former.

"I have been informed that I am to report to you for a debriefing session."

Ayora stopped and looked her over for a moment.

"You were, Lieutenant. It seems I have more than I need at the moment so..."

Her fingers ratted against the pads in her hands as she took in a deep breath.

"...See me whenever you feel comfortable. I don't as of yet have any solutions for your legal predicament, but I can offer protections. Consider me another ally and please, take care."

With that she smiled and gave a nod to Leela before she spun and departed for her office. On the way she attempted to hail the Captain once more.

=/\= Ayora to T'Koris. When you have a moment, I would like to speak with you privately. =/\=
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 2:01 pm

Jiseth wrote:
=/\= Ayora to T'Koris. When you have a moment, I would like to speak with you privately. =/\=

[T'Koris Quarters]

Hearing the communication come through just as she picked herself up off the deck plates of her quarters, Archangel swore quietly to herself. At that moment in time, she just wanted to try to heal any obvious bruises and wounds and find something for her headache. An additional bonus would be if she could get onto the subspace news net and make sure that she hadn't done anything untoward while under Nemesis' influence.

Hauling herself up to sit at her workstation, she sighed heavily, wincing a little as she felt what she guessed to be fractured ribs protesting before she gingerly tapped her commbadge.

"Of course, commander. If you don't mind coming up to my quarters, we can meet now." It wouldn't be the first time you've seen me in pieces after a 'training exercise'.
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 2:15 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
[T'Koris Quarters]

Hearing the communication come through just as she picked herself up off the deck plates of her quarters, Archangel swore quietly to herself.  At that moment in time, she just wanted to try to heal any obvious bruises and wounds and find something for her headache.  An additional bonus would be if she could get onto the subspace news net and make sure that she hadn't done anything untoward while under Nemesis' influence.

Hauling herself up to sit at her workstation, she sighed heavily, wincing a little as she felt what she guessed to be fractured ribs protesting before she gingerly tapped her commbadge.

"Of course, commander.  If you don't mind coming up to my quarters, we can meet now."  It wouldn't be the first time you've seen me in pieces after a 'training exercise'.

It was a long walk, not the longest by far, from the shuttle bay around the saucer section to the Captain's room, but it gave plenty of time to consider the last few hours. Though she had made substantial progress with Ensign Kaz, she now felt herself back to square one as it were. All things depended on what the Captain would say.

[T'Koris Quarters]

After entering the doors, Ayora moved swiftly to stand a few paces in front of Archangel's desk. She stood mostly at attention aside from cradling the PADD's in her arms. She took the one closest to her chest and handed it over.

"Do you recall signing these orders to Ensign Leela Kaz, ma'am? We've had a rather eventful time in the shuttle bay. If you wouldn't mind humoring me, were you asleep the last few hours?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 3:15 pm

Jiseth wrote:
[T'Koris Quarters]

After entering the doors, Ayora moved swiftly to stand a few paces in front of Archangel's desk. She stood mostly at attention aside from cradling the PADD's in her arms. She took the one closest to her chest and handed it over.

"Do you recall signing these orders to Ensign Leela Kaz, ma'am? We've had a rather eventful time in the shuttle bay. If you wouldn't mind humoring me, were you asleep the last few hours?"

[T'Koris Quarters]

Archangel, who was sitting at her desk in her thermal vest as she ran a regenerator over a series of bruises on her arm when Ayora stepped into her quarters, set the medical device aside and reached out to take the PADD, scanning through it.

"I... I don't..." she tried to think. What was the last thing she remembered before her handler had triggered the switch? She set aside the PADD, rubbing her ridges. "No, I haven't been asleep. I've been-" The training exercise excuse wasn't going to work, that was for sure. "I've been away with Intelligence."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 3:46 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
[T'Koris Quarters]

Archangel, who was sitting at her desk in her thermal vest as she ran a regenerator over a series of bruises on her arm when Ayora stepped into her quarters, set the medical device aside and reached out to take the PADD, scanning through it.

"I... I don't..." she tried to think.  What was the last thing she remembered before her handler had triggered the switch?  She set aside the PADD, rubbing her ridges.  "No, I haven't been asleep.  I've been-" The training exercise excuse wasn't going to work, that was for sure.  "I've been away with Intelligence."

"Ah..."

She had to stop herself from taking a step forward, much like a predator would close in on a target, but this was her superior. Away with intelligence did not seem a particularly convenient alibi. Then again, it would explain the double trying to impersonate her. Such things were common in clandestine affairs.

"Then we have a rather distressing security risk, ma'am. It would seem our runabout was intercepted by someone who looked and sounded just like you. More over the Ensign claims to have been briefed by you. Lieutenant Jiseth was dead set on the arrest of Ensign Kaz who left the ship with these orders. Protocol requires me to detain her, is there any reason I should not, ma'am?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 4:30 pm

Jiseth wrote:
"Ah..."

She had to stop herself from taking a step forward, much like a predator would close in on a target, but this was her superior. Away with intelligence did not seem a particularly convenient alibi. Then again, it would explain the double trying to impersonate her. Such things were common in clandestine affairs.

"Then we have a rather distressing security risk, ma'am. It would seem our runabout was intercepted by someone who looked and sounded just like you. More over the Ensign claims to have been briefed by you. Lieutenant Jiseth was dead set on the arrest of Ensign Kaz who left the ship with these orders. Protocol requires me to detain her, is there any reason I should not, ma'am?"

[Captain's Quarters]

For a moment, the captain seemed to freeze. Someone who looked and sounded like me? It was a chilling thought, that was for sure, even after all the things that she had seen and done. She swallowed hard, looking up at the security chief.

"Did this someone give a name?"
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 11:31 pm

Jiseth wrote:

"Maybe, Ensign."

There came a slight smirk as she turned and headed for the door. Her guards looked to her and proceeded out of the control room and eventually out of the hangar along with the other two who were present to stop Leela from exiting before. The Lieutenant Commander looked over her shoulder and waved for Leela to follow.

When Ayora got to the bottom of the stairs, she looked over to the red lights on the doors of the briefing room that showed they were locked. For a few moments she simply stared at them and wondered what swirling cauldron of emotions lay just on the other side.

"You know... I've been doing this job a long time. Something always stood out. When someone knows they've done wrong, they never seem to accept the consequences if they're caught. As if it were some mistake that they were defeated. Then you look at someone like the Lieutenant. Her only crime is trying to take on far too much and she seems to have even made a prison for herself."

For a moment, the normally jovial expression went to one of disgust as she turned away and towards the large amber doors do the corridor.

"I suggest rather than simply give information to Corinth, you provide an olive branch to Jiseth. Keep her informed of what the Admiral is up to. Most of all, Ensign, sometimes you don't need to put down an angry beast. Simply remove the splinter from its paw."

Leela stepped up from the conference table and followed the commander and her team from the room. She was Zero and ghost at the bottom of the stairs. The canines head resting on its masters thigh. She looked up and nodded at the Commander as she departed. The nod seemed to communicate that she knew she would stay behind to discuss the situation with Zero. Leela stood one step up from the augment and looked down to the empty spot next to her. "This seat taken." Leela shrugged and took a seat without waiting for a response. She sat shoulder to shoulder with Zero. Kaz could sense her discomfort. "Zero, why didn't you tell me... Why didn't you tell me what he was doing to you?"
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 11:37 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
[Captain's Quarters]

For a moment, the captain seemed to freeze.  Someone who looked and sounded like me? It was a chilling thought, that was for sure, even after all the things that she had seen and done.  She swallowed hard, looking up at the security chief.

"Did this someone give a name?"

Looking to the second PADD that had been previously in the middle of the stack, the Lieutenant Commander began to slide the cursor through the recording from the Monongahela. There would come voices and then be suddenly cut out as she tried to find the right section. Then she had it and played a small bit for the Captain.

[Our pale friend is right... I'm not your Captain T'Koris. I am Nemesis.]

Ayora looked up to T'Koris with a cocked eyebrow.

"Poetic, isn't she? But there's more."

Tracing her finger, the Bajoran woman played a few more bits from the recording.

[...the individual known as Alpha 01419, seized during a raid on the laboratory of a rogue geneticist, has no rights. She is property and under the custody of Starfleet Command and Starfleet Medical until such a time that they see fit to release her...  Those individuals started out as human and, for one reason or another, were modified beyond what is considered legal by Federation law. Augments are born as genetically modified. They were never human, only constructed with a human genotype as a base. They are illegal and are, generally, destroyed on sight. They are experiments, not people.]

Stopping there, Ayora held the PADD to her chest again with the third one underneath. Her look turned solemn as this brought a very uncomfortable notion to light.

"From what I understand from Lieutenant Jiseth, ma'am, I'm inclined to believe that Starfleet Medical has an operative in your liking, but her motives and allegiances are pure speculation. As for Ensign Kaz, apparently she will be reporting to said organization on Doctor Alpha's progress... Which is something I share Jiseth's dissent in. There's no legal precedent, ma'am, or does it seem I'm missing something?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 1:46 pm

Jiseth wrote:
Looking to the second PADD that had been previously in the middle of the stack, the Lieutenant Commander began to slide the cursor through the recording from the Monongahela. There would come voices and then be suddenly cut out as she tried to find the right section. Then she had it and played a small bit for the Captain.

[Our pale friend is right... I'm not your Captain T'Koris. I am Nemesis.]

Ayora looked up to T'Koris with a cocked eyebrow.

"Poetic, isn't she? But there's more."

Tracing her finger, the Bajoran woman played a few more bits from the recording.

[...the individual known as Alpha 01419, seized during a raid on the laboratory of a rogue geneticist, has no rights. She is property and under the custody of Starfleet Command and Starfleet Medical until such a time that they see fit to release her...  Those individuals started out as human and, for one reason or another, were modified beyond what is considered legal by Federation law. Augments are born as genetically modified. They were never human, only constructed with a human genotype as a base. They are illegal and are, generally, destroyed on sight. They are experiments, not people.]

Stopping there, Ayora held the PADD to her chest again with the third one underneath. Her look turned solemn as this brought a very uncomfortable notion to light.

"From what I understand from Lieutenant Jiseth, ma'am, I'm inclined to believe that Starfleet Medical has an operative in your liking, but her motives and allegiances are pure speculation. As for Ensign Kaz, apparently she will be reporting to said organization on Doctor Alpha's progress... Which is something I share Jiseth's dissent in. There's no legal precedent, ma'am, or does it seem I'm missing something?"

Nemesis.

It seemed that whenever that name came up, trouble always followed. It was just unfortunate, or perhaps fortunate when it came to denying knowledge of the events, that she didn't tend to know what that trouble as until it hit the subspace news networks.

She sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. She really disliked whenever that name came up. It lead to so many awkward questions, ones that she was never sure whether or not she should give them the truth. The more people she told about her shameful secret, the more likely that Section 31 would start to see them as threats and dispose of them appropriately. So far, Gabriel knew, and so did Safefta. Could she add another one to that list? It would certainly make things easier if her chief of security knew...

"Yes, you're missing a key element of the puzzle to understand the full picture. What I'm about to tell you generally requires an Admiralty level clearance, but I'm going to make an exception in this case. Nemesis doesn't work for Starfleet Medical. She works for Intelligence, or at least a branch of it." She let out a slow breath. "I am Nemesis, in a sense."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 2:52 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
Nemesis.

It seemed that whenever that name came up, trouble always followed.  It was just unfortunate, or perhaps fortunate when it came to denying knowledge of the events, that she didn't tend to know what that trouble as until it hit the subspace news networks.

She sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose.  She really disliked whenever that name came up.  It lead to so many awkward questions, ones that she was never sure whether or not she should give them the truth.  The more people she told about her shameful secret, the more likely that Section 31 would start to see them as threats and dispose of them appropriately.  So far, Gabriel knew, and so did Safefta.  Could she add another one to that list?  It would certainly make things easier if her chief of security knew...

"Yes, you're missing a key element of the puzzle to understand the full picture.  What I'm about to tell you generally requires an Admiralty level clearance, but I'm going to make an exception in this case.  Nemesis doesn't work for Starfleet Medical.  She works for Intelligence, or at least a branch of it."  She let out a slow breath.  "I am Nemesis, in a sense."

Ayora glanced up at the ceiling as if the Prophets had laid before a moral challenge to test her. Though she fervently believed her actions during the Occupation were in service to a higher order, to keep the world a little more tidy and in line, the zealous nature of those times had to be adjusted for Starfleet standards. She no longer interviewed people tied to chairs with various instruments to illicit pain responses, for instance.

"Then I take it you have a wound from a close-range phaser blast too? If so, then you do realize signing orders and giving briefings without remembering them might cause a fair bit of confusion among your officers? One of whom is currently facing arrest charges for what appear to be forged documents?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 4:29 pm

Jiseth wrote:
Ayora glanced up at the ceiling as if the Prophets had laid before a moral challenge to test her. Though she fervently believed her actions during the Occupation were in service to a higher order, to keep the world a little more tidy and in line, the zealous nature of those times had to be adjusted for Starfleet standards. She no longer interviewed people tied to chairs with various instruments to illicit pain responses, for instance.

"Then I take it you have a wound from a close-range phaser blast too? If so, then you do realize signing orders and giving briefings without remembering them might cause a fair bit of confusion among your officers? One of whom is currently facing arrest charges for what appear to be forged documents?"

[Captain's Quarters]

Archangel's hand lifted to the sore point on her ribcage, which she had suspected to be just a fractured rib or two, not an uncommon injury for her to come home with, but... but it could just as easily have been a phaser blast from close quarters.

"Yes... Yes, I think I do. Not remembering things is a pain in the backside, really." The captain sighed heavily, resting an elbow on her workstation and using it to prop up her forehead. "Until now, they've always kept themselves and Nemesis out of daily running. I disappear off for a few hours, occasionally a day or two on assignments, and no one ever hears about it. This is the first time they've interfered with the ship or her crew. I don't expect that they'll do it again, but it wouldn't be the first time they've defied my expectations."

She paused for a moment to think about the officer in trouble, rubbing at her ridges. "Ensign Alpha was to be sent back to Earth. Those were not forged orders, they were orders from Admiral Corinth to me. I may not have agreed with them, but I had no standing to disobey them, no matter how much I wanted to."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 5:18 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
Leela stepped up from the conference table and followed the commander and her team from the room. She was Zero and ghost at the bottom of the stairs. The canines head resting on its masters thigh. She looked up and nodded at the Commander as she departed. The nod seemed to communicate that she knew she would stay behind to discuss the situation with Zero. Leela stood one step up from the augment and looked down to the empty spot next to her. "This seat taken." Leela shrugged and took a seat without waiting for a response. She sat shoulder to shoulder with Zero. Kaz could sense her discomfort. "Zero, why didn't you tell me... Why didn't you tell me what he was doing to you?"

As Kaz sat down next to her, Zero shifted further to the side, trying to minimise the amount of touching between them. For pretty obvious reasons once one was aware of the whole situation, physical contact, even with Jiseth, made her acutely uncomfortable.

She stayed quiet for a few moments after Kaz spoke, trying to get her thoughts in order. It wasn't easy with the lack of sleep dragging at her mental processes so heavily. "It is not something of which I speak often. Due to the nature of my naïvety, it was a simple process for those assigned to my project at Starfleet Medical to convince me that their actions were inkeeping with normal behaviour. Jiseth and your predecessor, Gavin, were attempting to undo what damage has been done, but it is a long and arduous process."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 6:00 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

As Kaz sat down next to her, Zero shifted further to the side, trying to minimise the amount of touching between them.  For pretty obvious reasons once one was aware of the whole situation, physical contact, even with Jiseth, made her acutely uncomfortable.

She stayed quiet for a few moments after Kaz spoke, trying to get her thoughts in order.  It wasn't easy with the lack of sleep dragging at her mental processes so heavily.  "It is not something of which I speak often.  Due to the nature of my naïvety, it was a simple process for those assigned to my project at Starfleet Medical to convince me that their actions were inkeeping with normal behaviour.  Jiseth and your predecessor, Gavin, were attempting to undo what damage has been done, but it is a long and arduous process."

The trill shifted position in an attempt to create some space between the pair. She could sense the discomfort. It seemed to penetrate from Zero as if it were heat radiating out. By nature, Leela was quite touchy. She resisted her natural urge to wrap her arm around her. "I geuss I can see why you wouldn't want to talk about. And after finding out Juval knew Corinth... well I probably wouldn't trust me either. But I promise Zero. I want to help. We'll find a way to sever this artery connecting you to Corinth. I have information on him. I know things about him he wouldn't want anyone to know. Perhaps Juval should of seen the signs all those years ago. They were there. Hindsight always seems to give us perfect vision."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 6:14 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
The trill shifted position in an attempt to create some space between the pair. She could sense the discomfort. It seemed to penetrate from Zero as if it were heat radiating out. By nature, Leela was quite touchy. She resisted her natural urge to wrap her arm around her. "I geuss I can see why you wouldn't want to talk about. And after finding out Juval knew Corinth... well I probably wouldn't trust me either. But I promise Zero. I want to help. We'll find a way to sever this artery connecting you to Corinth. I have information on him. I know things about him he wouldn't want anyone to know. Perhaps Juval should of seen the signs all those years ago. They were there. Hindsight always seems to give us perfect vision."

Zero cast a disinterested look at Kaz, apparently deciding that her evaluation of the Trill's intelligence during their time spent in the shuttle craft was just about right.

"There is no manner in which to sever the connection that binds me to Starfleet Medical. I am their property, theirs to control until such a time as they decree that I am capable of functioning on my own as a contributing member of society without danger to the Federation."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 6:43 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Zero cast a disinterested look at Kaz, apparently deciding that her evaluation of the Trill's intelligence during their time spent in the shuttle craft was just about right.

"There is no manner in which to sever the connection that binds me to Starfleet Medical.  I am their property, theirs to control until such a time as they decree that I am capable of functioning on my own as a contributing member of society without danger to the Federation."

"If that's what you want...." Leela struggled to find something to say. What do you at a time like this. How do you help an individual see this situation for what it really is. How can you help someone who doesn't want your help. "What if we helped you move past this. Help you resume your duties. A little consistency might be just what you need?"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:58 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
"If that's what you want...." Leela struggled to find something to say. What do you at a time like this. How do you help an individual see this situation for what it really is. How can you help someone who doesn't want your help. "What if we helped you move past this. Help you resume your duties. A little consistency might be just what you need?"

"Moving past certain elements... is taking a little time," Zero admitted. "It is not as easy as it first appeared. Many of the behaviours that I was required to cultivate are deeply ingrained. My duties are perhaps the only elements that remain unhampered by those behaviours. Dedication to my work is one of the habits that they encouraged."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 12:54 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
[Captain's Quarters]

Archangel's hand lifted to the sore point on her ribcage, which she had suspected to be just a fractured rib or two, not an uncommon injury for her to come home with, but... but it could just as easily have been a phaser blast from close quarters.

"Yes... Yes, I think I do.  Not remembering things is a pain in the backside, really."  The captain sighed heavily, resting an elbow on her workstation and using it to prop up her forehead.  "Until now, they've always kept themselves and Nemesis out of daily running.  I disappear off for a few hours, occasionally a day or two on assignments, and no one ever hears about it.  This is the first time they've interfered with the ship or her crew.  I don't expect that they'll do it again, but it wouldn't be the first time they've defied my expectations."  

She paused for a moment to think about the officer in trouble, rubbing at her ridges.  "Ensign Alpha was to be sent back to Earth.  Those were not forged orders, they were orders from Admiral Corinth to me.  I may not have agreed with them, but I had no standing to disobey them, no matter how much I wanted to."

"I... Captain..."

The Lieutenant Commander stumbled over her words. It was almost head-spinning, the things she had just heard. Her own life in covert operations on Bajor had essentially assured that she could not have a family of her own. To this day the thought never held any sway. Ayora's lips knotted as she gave T'Koris a long, hard look.

"You know exactly what he does to her. Jiseth put a lot of faith in you and now she's locked herself away because of what you said in these recordings. Ma'am, I... I'm sure you're keenly aware no one is above the law, but at this point I cannot ignore the current conflict of interest regarding this issue. Under the circumstances, however, I seem to be powerless so... I trust you'll at least give me fair warning of anything that would be potentially a security threat to the ship?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next