Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page

Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 1:39 am

Zero Alpha wrote:
Next to Kaz, Zero was standing rigidly, tensed as if to fight if only she knew how.  Unlike the Trill, she hadn't lowered her phaser.  There were too many alarm bells going off in her head for her to do that and, for all her augmentations, there were some primal instincts that couldn't be turned off, no matter how much you tampered with the genetic coding.

"Trill," Zero said quietly.  "I do not know how well you are acquainted with our captain, I do not believe that is she."

Kaz leaned in and whispered. "You don't think that's the Captain? That's preposterous!" For a reason unknown to her Leela couldn't bring herself to accept that assumption. "I highly doubt someone would go through all of that effort to kidnap you. Cosmetic surgery.. stealing a shuttlecraft? You certainly do think highly of yourself."

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
"The orders have been countermanded," the Romulan stated, her tone still not varying. "I have received orders to take the Augment to a different location."

Leela turned her attention back to the captain. "Ma'am, why wasn't I made aware of these orders? And what kind of shuttle is that. I've never heard of a type 2 shuttle pulling warp 8? Captain, with all do respect. What the hell is going on!"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 4:50 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
Kaz leaned in and whispered. "You don't think that's the Captain? That's preposterous!" For a reason unknown to her Leela couldn't bring herself to accept that assumption. "I highly doubt someone would go through all of that effort to kidnap you. Cosmetic surgery.. stealing a shuttlecraft? You certainly do think highly of yourself."

Leela turned her attention back to the captain. "Ma'am, why wasn't I made aware of these orders? And what kind of shuttle is that. I've never heard of a type 2 shuttle pulling warp 8? Captain, with all do respect. What the hell is going on!"

Zero huffed quietly in annoyance, dropping her phaser hand as she rolled her eyes. "I am not accustomed to the general human usage of 'instinct'," she complained. "I believe you should allow me some recognition for being able to understand what it is that my gastrointestinal tract is attempting to alert me to!"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 4:54 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:

There was indeed something almost... artificial about the way Archangel spoke and moved. It was as if each element had to be broken down and executed on its most basic level, each muscle instructed individually.

"That's none of your concern, Ensign," she stated in response to Leela's outburst. "You do not need to know."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 12:07 am

Zero Alpha wrote:

Zero huffed quietly in annoyance, dropping her phaser hand as she rolled her eyes.  "I am not accustomed to the general human usage of 'instinct'," she complained.  "I believe you should allow me some recognition for being able to understand what it is that my gastrointestinal tract is attempting to alert me to!"

Leela smirked. "Are you trying to say you had a gut feeling? Good for you Lieutenant."

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
There was indeed something almost... artificial about the way Archangel spoke and moved. It was as if each element had to be broken down and executed on its most basic level, each muscle instructed individually.

"That's none of your concern, Ensign," she stated in response to Leela's outburst. "You do not need to know."

"Captain." Leela paused considering her answer very carefully. Sometimes she had to remind herself that she was no longer Juval. No longer privileged to certain information. She had to consider her response because her first instinct was to question her commanding officer. "Ma'am. I understand that there are some things that I may not be privy too. However, I seem to be here standing between the two of you. I believe that may qualify me as needs to know."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 6:24 am

Leela Kaz wrote:
Leela smirked. "Are you trying to say you had a gut feeling? Good for you Lieutenant."

"Captain." Leela paused considering her answer very carefully. Sometimes she had to remind herself that she was no longer Juval. No longer privileged to certain information. She had to consider her response because her first instinct was to question her commanding officer. "Ma'am. I understand that there are some things that I may not be privy too. However, I seem to be here standing between the two of you. I believe that may qualify me as needs to know."

A dark, angled eyebrow was raised at the Trill as Archangel considered the young engineer. She knew that she didn't have to explain herself to her. That was the nature of her current frame of mind. The only ones she had to explain herself to were her handlers, and they generally weren't all that interested in listening to her.

"Your not being between us could easily be arranged," she noted.
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 4:52 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

A dark, angled eyebrow was raised at the Trill as Archangel considered the young engineer.  She knew that she didn't have to explain herself to her.  That was the nature of her current frame of mind.  The only ones she had to explain herself to were her handlers, and they generally weren't all that interested in listening to her.

"Your not being between us could easily be arranged," she noted.

Kaz was frustrated at the situation. She was not accustomed to being in such an awkward situations. "Well then Captain." She began. "If that's how this is going to be. What are your orders sir?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 6:10 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
Kaz was frustrated at the situation. She was not accustomed to being in such an awkward situations. "Well then Captain." She began. "If that's how this is going to be. What are your orders sir?"

"I will take custody of the Augment and you will return to the Phoenix," Archangel replied to Leela before looking toward Zero. "Alpha, you're with me."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 6:13 pm

Looking between Leela and Archangel, Zero found herself in a dangerous situation. She could go with the captain as ordered, even though her gut was all but screaming at her not to, or she could stay with the Trill that she didn't particularly trust either.

She took a step closer to Leela. "No, Captain, I will not be accompanying you!"
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 6:23 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
Looking between Leela and Archangel, Zero found herself in a dangerous situation.  She could go with the captain as ordered, even though her gut was all but screaming at her not to, or she could stay with the Trill that she didn't particularly trust either.  

She took a step closer to Leela.  "No, Captain, I will not be accompanying you!"

Leela took a slight step, strategically placing herself in between Zero and the Captain. "What could you possibly want with the Lieutenant here?" Leela's mind raced with possibilities but she quickly stopped herself to avoid creating assumptions that could cloud her point of view.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 6:30 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
Leela took a slight step, strategically placing herself in between Zero and the Captain. "What could you possibly want with the Lieutenant here?" Leela's mind raced with possibilities but she quickly stopped herself to avoid creating assumptions that could cloud her point of view.

For a moment, it seemed as if Archangel was almost at war with herself, a fleeting expression of conflict and even pain flashing across her face, gone as soon as it had appeared.

"I have my orders," was the only answer that came.
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 6:40 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

For a moment, it seemed as if Archangel was almost at war with herself, a fleeting expression of conflict and even pain flashing across her face, gone as soon as it had appeared.

"I have my orders," was the only answer that came.

"Well Captain, maybe Zero would be more comfortable if she understood what was going to happen to her." Kaz's inner diplomat came to the surface. She was determined, in that moment, to find a win-win.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 6:44 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
"Well Captain, maybe Zero would be more comfortable if she understood what was going to happen to her." Kaz's inner diplomat came to the surface. She was determined, in that moment, to find a win-win.

Archangel's eyes flicked briefly to the Augment standing behind Kaz, as if to calculate exactly how to drag Zero out from her protective place. However, the Romulan didn't move other than to fold her arms behind her back.

"I don't have that information to give," she replied.
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 6:56 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel's eyes flicked briefly to the Augment standing behind Kaz, as if to calculate exactly how to drag Zero out from her protective place.  However, the Romulan didn't move other than to fold her arms behind her back.

"I don't have that information to give," she replied.

"Maybe you can conveniently locate the information?" Leela was a bit sarcastic and later grew to regret speaking to her Commanding Officer in that fashion. However Leela was quickly tiring of the deception.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 7:09 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
"Maybe you can conveniently locate the information?" Leela was a bit sarcastic and later grew to regret speaking to her Commanding Officer in that fashion. However Leela was quickly tiring of the deception.

As much as that statement from Leela would have grated on Archangel's nerves and temper under normal circumstances, it was almost eerie that there seemed to be no change in facial expression from the Romulan as she simply repeated:

"I don't have that information to give."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 1:03 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

As much as that statement from Leela would have grated on Archangel's nerves and temper under normal circumstances, it was almost eerie that there seemed to be no change in facial expression from the Romulan as she simply repeated:

"I don't have that information to give."

Realizing that the conversation with her Captain was going nowhere very quickly Leela turned her attention to Zero. "Lieutenant, why are you apprehensive to go with the Captain? What do you fear?"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 5:33 am

Leela Kaz wrote:
Realizing that the conversation with her Captain was going nowhere very quickly Leela turned her attention to Zero. "Lieutenant, why are you apprehensive to go with the Captain? What do you fear?"

Zero glared at Kaz, not amused by the fact that she seemed to be calling into question what the Augment found that she knew, on an instinctive level.

"I have been acquainted with the captain for far longer than you. I was her attending physician throughout the pregnancy and birth of her second child. From that information, I am capable of forming the conclusion that she is not Captain T'Koris!"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 6:00 am

Zero Alpha wrote:
Zero glared at Kaz, not amused by the fact that she seemed to be calling into question what the Augment found that she knew, on an instinctive level.

"I have been acquainted with the captain for far longer than you.  I was her attending physician throughout the pregnancy and birth of her second child.  From that information, I am capable of forming the conclusion that she is not Captain T'Koris!"

"Our pale friend is right," Archangel replied, taking a step forward, closer to the pair. "I'm not your Captain T'Koris. I am Nemesis. Now, I have my orders and there have been quite enough delays. Alpha, come with me."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 2:56 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"Our pale friend is right," Archangel replied, taking a step forward, closer to the pair.  "I'm not your Captain T'Koris.  I am Nemesis.  Now, I have my orders and there have been quite enough delays.  Alpha, come with me."

Leela wasn't sure what to think. She wasn't certain if she should have been angry or frustrated but she certainly wasn't happy with that answer. "Captain, Nemesis... whomever you care to be. I'm not releasing an individual into your custody who expressly states she does not care to go. This is the Federation, you cannot force an individual to go. She has rights. She has the right to self-determination."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 3:23 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
Leela wasn't sure what to think. She wasn't certain if she should have been angry or frustrated but she certainly wasn't happy with that answer. "Captain, Nemesis... whomever you care to be. I'm not releasing an individual into your custody who expressly states she does not care to go. This is the Federation, you cannot force an individual to go. She has rights. She has the right to self-determination."

"I think," Archangel replied, "you'll find that under Federation law and ruling, the individual known as Alpha 01419, seized during a raid on the laboratory of a rogue geneticist, has no rights. She is property and under the custody of Starfleet Command and Starfleet Medical until such a time that they see fit to release her."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 5:24 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"I think," Archangel replied, "you'll find that under Federation law and ruling, the individual known as Alpha 01419, seized during a raid on the laboratory of a rogue geneticist, has no rights.  She is property and under the custody of Starfleet Command and Starfleet Medical until such a time that they see fit to release her."

"A person can't be property. Even augments have rights. They are simply excluded form certain professions. Where does Starfleet Medical get off thinking that they own an individual. Its a slap in the face to everything we swore an oath to."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 5:28 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
"A person can't be property. Even augments have rights. They are simply excluded form certain professions. Where does Starfleet Medical get off thinking that they own an individual. Its a slap in the face to everything we swore an oath to."

A faint smirk grew over Archangel's face. "Genetically modified individuals have rights and may be excluded from certain professions. Those individuals started out as human and, for one reason or another, were modified beyond what is considered legal by Federation law. Augments are born as genetically modified. They were never human, only constructed with a human genotype as a base. They are illegal and are, generally, destroyed on sight. They are experiments, not people."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 2:41 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

A faint smirk grew over Archangel's face.  "Genetically modified individuals have rights and may be excluded from certain professions.  Those individuals started out as human and, for one reason or another, were modified beyond what is considered legal by Federation law.  Augments are born as genetically modified.  They were never human, only constructed with a human genotype as a base.  They are illegal and are, generally, destroyed on sight.  They are experiments, not people."

Leela scoffed at the Captain's assumptions. "Captain, with all do respect, she is a person. She breathes, feels emotions and pain, she has beliefs and can form her own opinions. She is intelligent and self-aware. I do believe that that grants her status of sentient under Federation laws." She moved forward and took a more defensive posture.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 9:58 am

Leela Kaz wrote:
Leela scoffed at the Captain's assumptions. "Captain, with all do respect, she is a person. She breathes, feels emotions and pain, she has beliefs and can form her own opinions. She is intelligent and self-aware. I do believe that that grants her status of sentient under Federation laws." She moved forward and took a more defensive posture.

"I didn't say that she wasn't sentient," Archangel remarked, raising one angled eyebrow. "Her sentience isn't in question. Her species just happens to be one of the very few that, more or less, carries a death sentence, or at least life imprisonment and observation for the good of the Federation."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 6:30 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"I didn't say that she wasn't sentient," Archangel remarked, raising one angled eyebrow.  "Her sentience isn't in question.  Her species just happens to be one of the very few that, more or less, carries a death sentence, or at least life imprisonment and observation for the good of the Federation."

Leela was at a loss. She couldn't believe what she was seeing. "I still have no idea what the hell is going on here but I can't seem to circumvent your orders. However, I do question the logic of them. If you feel it necessary then I will not stop. Please note Captain that I will file a formal protest of the actions I witnesses. I must. I feel compelled to formally declare my disdain for the treatment of a person." Leela placed a hand on Zero's shoulder and stepped aside. "This will not die here. I can promise you that. I still have all of Juvals contacts in high levels of Starfleet."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 7:19 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
Leela was at a loss. She couldn't believe what she was seeing. "I still have no idea what the hell is going on here but I can't seem to circumvent your orders. However, I do question the logic of them. If you feel it necessary then I will not stop. Please note Captain that I will file a formal protest of the actions I witnesses. I must. I feel compelled to formally declare my disdain for the treatment of a person." Leela placed a hand on Zero's shoulder and stepped aside. "This will not die here. I can promise you that. I still have all of Juvals contacts in high levels of Starfleet."

The Romulan's face showed no trace of fear or even concern at the thread of Leela appealing to higher powers in the Federation and Starfleet Command. She knew that any report of her actions would be intercepted and discarded before it got to anyone of importance, and even if it did, it was likely that the recipient would receive another, discreet, note to inform them that no action was to be taken.

"And in return, I can inform you that your connections will be able to do nothing for you," she replied simply.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris] - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next