Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Hark! (Open) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Hark! (Open) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Hark! (Open) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Hark! (Open) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Hark! (Open) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Hark! (Open) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Hark! (Open) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Hark! (Open) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Hark! (Open) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Hark! (Open) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Hark! (Open)

Go down 
+13
Jiseth
Andrew Sheridan
Thelos th'Zhela
Safefta Pardek
Raynor Hughes
Gavin Van Gelder
Gabriel Arthur
NPC
Ilana Telak
Chira Abols
Henriks Ābols
Rachel Deacon
Corman Stark
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member

Hark! (Open) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 12:01 pm

Chira Abols wrote:

Ah, there's the look, Chira thought, a smile curling her lips as Henriks tore through the gift wrap, taking the padd out.  She held her breath as he read the screen's contents.  It was involuntary...Chira knew in her heart that he'd be happy with the news, but still...

And then his arms went around her, and his voice whispered in her ear.  Chira returned his kiss with a passion that would have been quite inappropriate, had the setting been a bit different.  She smiled as his lips were against hers, gently guiding his hand to her abdomen.  "I love you," she breathed, happy tears filling the corner of her eyes.  "You're going to be a wonderful father."

She had such a wonderful ability to take his breath away. Surely there had to be mistletoe somewhere. Maybe it was just invisible, he thought with a grin. He was glad for the bustle of the crowd that seemed to be growing slightly larger. It granted them some sort of anonymity, not too much attention focused on them. "And you will most definitely be a wonderful mother," he replied. "Es tevi mīlu," he added only a moment later.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 3:55 pm

Andrew Sheridan wrote:
Andrew Sheridan still couldn't believe what he was seeing...a promotion pip for him!  It would raise him from the rank of Ensign to Lieutenant J.G.  He glanced a couple of times from the pip shinning in the velvet box she had opened to his Captain's eyes, and back.  With Sophie's hand in his still; it felt like all of the trials and heartaches from his past had suddenly begun to be worth it.  After all, here he was at a Christmas party with a beautiful woman on his first date, and his Captain was promoting him all at the same time.

Life, he decided, couldn't have been any better at that particular moment.

"Thank you, Captain," he said in quiet awe as he took the box from her reverently.  For a moment, he bowed his head just gazing at the new pip he would later add to his uniform.  When he looked back up at his Captain; his gaze contained all of his gratitude, and the strong sense of duty, honor, and promise to aid her and the ship anyway he could.  He didn't have to say any of this....not one word escaped his lips beyond the initial thanks given.  It was all right there for Archangel to read in his eyes.

Feeling quite formal; though it was not Starfleet's way of accepting a promotion...Andrew Sheridan stepped back just tad with Sophie, and then bowed low to his Captain in acceptance.

Just as before, Archangel watched the emotions playing across the young officer's face with a faint smile on her own. While the paperwork was hell, it was moments like this that really brought home the enjoyment of her position for her. Sheridan was an outstanding officer. He was going to rise through the ranks quickly. If she wasn't careful, he would be making a run on her position before she was ready to give it up.

As he bowed to her, she returned the gesture, inclining her head to him before saying: "You have a promising career ahead of you, Lieutenant. Now, I think I have intruded on your time quite enough. Merry Christmas, Andrew, Sophie."

Leaving the couple to their own devices, Archangel turned away, scanning the crowd for any sign of either her children or Gabriel.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 9:29 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

As flamboyantly and friendly as Thelos could act in sickbay or alone with Gavin, at the moment he was rather silent and observant of just what was going on around him. There were the bright colours everywhere, including on Gavin's sweater. Thelos wasn't wearing anything so... festive, although he was comfortably in civilian clothing -a brown long sleeved shirt and comfortable pants- rather than his uniform.

He was also a little nervous, one, about how many people would be around him and see him with Gavin -I hate thinking like that.... but also what the hell he was supposed to be doing at this party anyway.

Thankfully, Gavin seemed to have practically read his mind and comforted him with only a few sentences. Smile, nod, and drink. All things Thelos was good at.

"That's nice music I hear," he commented.

"Yep..." Gavin said, nodding. He reached out, gently holding Thelos by the shoulder. "Ah. Not so fast, Blue Boy. My sister's sick sense of humor doesn't extend to just me." Somewhat sheepishly, he handed the thin package to the Andorian, knowing that it contained a similar awful sweater. "She's dared me to wear one, to get you to wear one...and...um. To get us to take a holophoto together, wearing them..."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:14 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Just as before, Archangel watched the emotions playing across the young officer's face with a faint smile on her own.  While the paperwork was hell, it was moments like this that really brought home the enjoyment of her position for her.  Sheridan was an outstanding officer.  He was going to rise through the ranks quickly.  If she wasn't careful, he would be making a run on her position before she was ready to give it up.

As he bowed to her, she returned the gesture, inclining her head to him before saying:  "You have a promising career ahead of you, Lieutenant.  Now, I think I have intruded on your time quite enough.  Merry Christmas, Andrew, Sophie."

Leaving the couple to their own devices, Archangel turned away, scanning the crowd for any sign of either her children or Gabriel.

Gabe had been watching as Archangel presented Sheridan with his new promotion. The man absolutely deserved it. Gabriel had worked closely with him in a few situations, and he knew a ship's systems, back and front. Hold on to these days, my friend, he thought, pulling a strand of tinsel out of Aria's hair. They will never come again.

Corralling the children on toward their mother, Gabriel leaned in and landed a quick kiss. "I think Seika's decided that she wants a Christmas tree," he grinned. The little girl looked up at her mother, tilting her head. "Yes, mummy," she smiled. "Can we have a Christmas tree? Daddy said we can cut one down! A real tree!" Aria bubbled along, clapping and saying "Tweeee!"
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

Post of the Month - Mission

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:31 pm

Andrew Sheridan wrote:
Andrew Sheridan still couldn't believe what he was seeing...a promotion pip for him!  It would raise him from the rank of Ensign to Lieutenant J.G.  He glanced a couple of times from the pip shinning in the velvet box she had opened to his Captain's eyes, and back.  With Sophie's hand in his still; it felt like all of the trials and heartaches from his past had suddenly begun to be worth it.  After all, here he was at a Christmas party with a beautiful woman on his first date, and his Captain was promoting him all at the same time.

Life, he decided, couldn't have been any better at that particular moment.

"Thank you, Captain," he said in quiet awe as he took the box from her reverently.  For a moment, he bowed his head just gazing at the new pip he would later add to his uniform.  When he looked back up at his Captain; his gaze contained all of his gratitude, and the strong sense of duty, honor, and promise to aid her and the ship anyway he could.  He didn't have to say any of this....not one word escaped his lips beyond the initial thanks given.  It was all right there for Archangel to read in his eyes.

Feeling quite formal; though it was not Starfleet's way of accepting a promotion...Andrew Sheridan stepped back just tad with Sophie, and then bowed low to his Captain in acceptance.

Hark! (Open) - Page 5 Sophie3_zps7c854272
SCPO Sophie Callan

Nodding in appreciation to the captain, Sophie stepped on back with Andrew. She'd not had that much to do with Captain T'Koris, to be honest...at least, not outside of normal 'work' stuff. Sophie was glad to see that the woman's no-nonsense exterior warmed considerably when she wasn't on duty.

"Well, jay-gee," Sophie said, her face playfully mischievous. "I guess this means I'm gonna have to kiss your ring, or something?" She took up his hand, making a gesture of supplication. "Or maybe you'll just dance with me."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 12:30 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Raynor cocked an eyebrow, trying to process what Ilana was getting at, talking about species and all, and...oh, of course, he thought, grinning happily.  Partying fowls.  Of course.

The Klingon shook his head, smiling.  He reached over, running his thumb along her lower lip, as gently as if she were one of his flowers.  "Lana," he said, his voice low and quiet.  "You're beautiful.  And intelligent.  So why is it that you keep company with a lout like me?"

Ilana was silent for a moment, trying to process her own thoights concerning what Raynor had just asked her. Why did she put up with him? Why wouldn't she put up with him. Barring the captain who had sponsored her through the Academy, he was the only person who had really cared about her. Her parents had cared, yes, but they had had so many other concerns in finding a home and then establishing a colony that they had had little time for her.

She blinked at her best friend, the one who had stood with her, sat by her bedside when she pushed herself too hard, who was so scared of hurting her. She knew that she would march up to anything or anyone who threatened him and face them down no matter the danger.

"B-because I would d-do anything for you," she replied softly, tilting her head to one side as she observed him, trying to figure out why he had asked the question. "You are my best friend my... What is the human expression? "Partner in crime"?". And I love you.. The last part remained unspoken, coming unbidden to the forefront of her mind, but she didn't understand it enough to say it.
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 1:47 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"Yep..." Gavin said, nodding.  He reached out, gently holding Thelos by the shoulder.  "Ah.  Not so fast, Blue Boy.  My sister's sick sense of humor doesn't extend to just me."  Somewhat sheepishly, he handed the thin package to the Andorian, knowing that it contained a similar awful sweater.  "She's dared me to wear one, to get you to wear one...and...um.  To get us to take a holophoto together, wearing them..."

At first, the Andorian had no idea what Gavin was on about. He didn't know really much about Gavin's sister... but if she had a sense of humor, how did that affect him? He was about to ask but was silenced when handed the package that Gavin had been carrying all day.

A blue finger curiously picked at the glossy paper until it tore open, revealing a horribly coloured Christmas sweater. Thelos dearly wondered what person would manufacture such ridiculous clothing. He was very glad when Gavin explained that this was supposed to be hideous... because he was really wondering how he was going to manage to look pleased.

Was this some sort of human tradition? Thelos couldn't even guess.

"You want me to wear this?" he asked curiously, then shrugged. "Alright, but I claim no responsibility of blindness caused by the colour contrast," he teased as he pulled the sweater up and over his head.

"Well, what do you think?" he asked in jest. He knew he probably looked ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 2:29 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

She had such a wonderful ability to take his breath away. Surely there had to be mistletoe somewhere. Maybe it was just invisible, he thought with a grin. He was glad for the bustle of the crowd that seemed to be growing slightly larger. It granted them some sort of anonymity, not too much attention focused on them. "And you will most definitely be a wonderful mother," he replied. "Es tevi mīlu," he added only a moment later.  

"One of these days, and soon," Chira said, her face happily nuzzled in her husband's shoulder, "I'm gonna learn that language of yours. It's as pretty as Romulan."

As the couple continued to embrace, Chira glanced over Henriks' shoulder, eyeing an empty podium on the far end of the room, obviously meant for speakers at gatherings, replete with Starfleet regalia. "Hmmm..." she said, taking him by the hand and leading Henriks over toward it. As she expected, there was a little microphone. "I think it's time we made an...announcement...don't ya think?"
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 3:13 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana was silent for a moment, trying to process her own thoights concerning what Raynor had just asked her.  Why did she put up with him?  Why wouldn't she put up with him.  Barring the captain who had sponsored her through the Academy, he was the only person who had really cared about her.  Her parents had cared, yes, but they had had so many other concerns in finding a home and then establishing a colony that they had had little time for her.  

She blinked at her best friend, the one who had stood with her, sat by her bedside when she pushed herself too hard, who was so scared of hurting her.  She knew that she would march up to anything or anyone who threatened him and face them down no matter the danger.

"B-because I would d-do anything for you," she replied softly, tilting her head to one side as she observed him, trying to figure out why he had asked the question.  "You are my best friend my... What is the human expression?  "Partner in crime"?". And I love you.. The last part remained unspoken, coming unbidden to the forefront of her mind, but she didn't understand it enough to say it.

"Hmmm...partners in crime. I like that," Raynor replied, carefully placing his hands along the side of her jaw, mindful not to touch the implant area. It seemed that he was forever having to be careful not to hurt her. But, he also knew that he would gladly give his life, and a thousand more if he had them, to make sure that nobody else hurt her. What was it she'd said? She'd do anything for him? He felt the same. He would do anything, dare anything, sacrifice anything.

And this is why you have not left her in peace, then? he asked himself, as he'd done countless times over, ever since returning to her life. Raynor knew that she protested that she didn't want him gone...but, if he truly cared only for her safety, wouldn't he have requested reassignment? Space was big. Plenty of room to live a life and not continually hurt her in the process.

So then. Why was he still here? You know, he told himself. You tell yourself that not leaving makes you the coward. No. Not saying the contents of your heart, before the naked stars, as such things *should* be said... Yes. That was what made him the coward.

"Let's dance, then," Raynor suddenly said, pulling her close to him. Very close. "It doesn't look hard. You just...put your arms around me, like this." The Klingon did just that, settling her arms on his shoulders. "And mine go around your waist. And...we just move."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 3:29 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"Hmmm...partners in crime.  I like that," Raynor replied, carefully placing his hands along the side of her jaw, mindful not to touch the implant area.  It seemed that he was forever having to be careful not to hurt her.  But, he also knew that he would gladly give his life, and a thousand more if he had them, to make sure that nobody else hurt her.  What was it she'd said?  She'd do anything for him?  He felt the same.  He would do anything, dare anything, sacrifice anything.

And this is why you have not left her in peace, then? he asked himself, as he'd done countless times over, ever since returning to her life.  Raynor knew that she protested that she didn't want him gone...but, if he truly cared only for her safety, wouldn't he have requested reassignment?  Space was big.  Plenty of room to live a life and not continually hurt her in the process.

So then.  Why was he still here?  You know, he told himself.  You tell yourself that not leaving makes you the coward.  No.  Not saying the contents of your heart, before the naked stars, as such things *should* be said...  Yes.  That was what made him the coward.

"Let's dance, then," Raynor suddenly said, pulling her close to him.  Very close.  "It doesn't look hard.  You just...put your arms around me, like this."  The Klingon did just that, settling her arms on his shoulders.  "And mine go around your waist.  And...we just move."

Ilana had to reach up to wrap her arms around Raynor's neck, her small stature making it a little difficult. It didn't matter though. He wanted to dance with her, so dance they would.

While not the most coordinated of beings when it came to her feet, she was relieved that she didn't have to concentrate too hard to avoid standing on his toes. The simple proximity of him, being held as close as she was as they danced, was making it very difficult for her to concentrate. She relaxed slightly. This was a rather pleasant activity.

She looked up at the Klingon, observing his expression for a moment. She felt the urge to press her lips to his, to kiss him gently. Her eyes were focused on his mouth for a handful of heartbeats before she realised and looked away again. That had been a strange subconscious imperative. She loved him, yes, but he needed someone he could cut loose with, who he didn't have to worry about hurting just by hugging them too hard. Someone stronger, larger, fiercer, someone to match him. Not a scrawny Cardassian. And yet you won't push him away. You keep him close to you because you're terrified that he will find that person.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 4:33 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

At first, the Andorian had no idea what Gavin was on about. He didn't know really much about Gavin's sister... but if she had a sense of humor, how did that affect him? He was about to ask but was silenced when handed the package that Gavin had been carrying all day.

A blue finger curiously picked at the glossy paper until it tore open, revealing a horribly coloured Christmas sweater. Thelos dearly wondered what person would manufacture such ridiculous clothing. He was very glad when Gavin explained that this was supposed to be hideous... because he was really wondering how he was going to manage to look pleased.

Was this some sort of human tradition? Thelos couldn't even guess.

"You want me to wear this?" he asked curiously, then shrugged. "Alright, but I claim no responsibility of blindness caused by the colour contrast," he teased as he pulled the sweater up and over his head.

"Well, what do you think?" he asked in jest. He knew he probably looked ridiculous.

Gavin grinned boyishly as the Andorian opened the gift box, the bemused look on his face exactly mirroring what Gavin had first felt, too, upon seeing the awful sweaters. "Ah...it's...not exactly a tradition as it is so much a dare from my sister. And," he smirked, taking out a small personal padd, "one that we can photograph, so she'll eat her words." He wanted to take the photo now and get it over with, but Gavin knew that he'd be better off with the crowd in the background, for proof. He wondered if Admiral Deacon would pose with them.

"As for how you look..." he smiled, running a hand along Thelos' chin. He gave him a kiss on the lips. "You look fantastic, of course. Even in an ugly sweater."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 1:17 am

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana had to reach up to wrap her arms around Raynor's neck, her small stature making it a little difficult.  It didn't matter though.  He wanted to dance with her, so dance they would.

While not the most coordinated of beings when it came to her feet, she was relieved that she didn't have to concentrate too hard to avoid standing on his toes.  The simple proximity of him, being held as close as she was as they danced, was making it very difficult for her to concentrate.  She relaxed slightly.  This was a rather pleasant activity.

She looked up at the Klingon, observing his expression for a moment.  She felt the urge to press her lips to his, to kiss him gently.  Her eyes were focused on his mouth for a handful of heartbeats before she realised and looked away again.  That had been a strange subconscious imperative.  She loved him, yes, but he needed someone he could cut loose with, who he didn't have to worry about hurting just by hugging them too hard.  Someone stronger, larger, fiercer, someone to match him.  Not a scrawny Cardassian.  And yet you won't push him away.  You keep him close to you because you're terrified that he will find that person.

So they danced, while the soft strains of the Starfleet Band floated along through the air.  Had Raynor been more given to the gentler poetic nature of his human side, he would have noted the dimness of the light, the heady scent of pine and cinnamon, the way it filled his senses as his closeness to Ilana filled his heart.  His poetical predilection tended toward the Klingon side...full of blood-oaths and revenge and odes.  However, there was love there, too, of the large and crushing kind, epic and spanning life and death, in the Black Fleet and beyond.

Raynor felt Ilana's form in his arms, as he had done many times before.  And, as in those times and now, he marveled at how different she was than what he was normally attracted to.  She often called herself skinny, and she did her body frame no favors by missing so many damn meals, but...he had seen her.  All of her.  He had slept with his arm around her like a shield, protecting her in the night from her own terrors and loneliness, or to keep the Cardassian from working herself into oblivion.  He had made love with her, more than once, though both times had been under the influence of science's own madness.  He wished he could remember more of it.

"Khaless pointed to the stars before he left," Raynor said, whispering to her as her head lay close to is chest.  "And as he did, he told us that he would return.  Khaless forsook the weeping and gnashing of those who would despair at his loss.  Were they not Klingon?  Had they not the ability to withstand his loss, and any other loss?"

He slowed the dance, standing with her, his hand resting along the side of her face, his own countenance a warm softness that was reserved for no other living creature.  "And...they did.  They were Klingon.  They needed nothing, nobody, but themselves.  But it is not so in all things.  Not so in life.  Khaless Himself had the love of Lady Lukara."  

Raynor smiled, leaning forward, bringing his face closer to hers.  "As Khaless promised, so will I promise.  I will return to you, no matter what army or force lies in my path, if I have to batter down the gates of Sto-Vo-Kor.  Khaless will return by the light of the stars, as he promised.  That is why all truth must be borne before the naked stars - one of them might be the Unforgettable Emperor himself."  By now, their lips were very, very close.  "I have not been honest.  Not with you, not with myself.  I have done us both dishonor, and tried to pass it off as the opposite.  This...I will do no more.  I will fight for you.  I will shed blood for you...because I love you."

And then he kissed her.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 7:14 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

So they danced, while the soft strains of the Starfleet Band floated along through the air.  Had Raynor been more given to the gentler poetic nature of his human side, he would have noted the dimness of the light, the heady scent of pine and cinnamon, the way it filled his senses as his closeness to Ilana filled his heart.  His poetical predilection tended toward the Klingon side...full of blood-oaths and revenge and odes.  However, there was love there, too, of the large and crushing kind, epic and spanning life and death, in the Black Fleet and beyond.

Raynor felt Ilana's form in his arms, as he had done many times before.  And, as in those times and now, he marveled at how different she was than what he was normally attracted to.  She often called herself skinny, and she did her body frame no favors by missing so many damn meals, but...he had seen her.  All of her.  He had slept with his arm around her like a shield, protecting her in the night from her own terrors and loneliness, or to keep the Cardassian from working herself into oblivion.  He had made love with her, more than once, though both times had been under the influence of science's own madness.  He wished he could remember more of it.

"Khaless pointed to the stars before he left," Raynor said, whispering to her as her head lay close to is chest.  "And as he did, he told us that he would return.  Khaless forsook the weeping and gnashing of those who would despair at his loss.  Were they not Klingon?  Had they not the ability to withstand his loss, and any other loss?"

He slowed the dance, standing with her, his hand resting along the side of her face, his own countenance a warm softness that was reserved for no other living creature.  "And...they did.  They were Klingon.  They needed nothing, nobody, but themselves.  But it is not so in all things.  Not so in life.  Khaless Himself had the love of Lady Lukara."  

Raynor smiled, leaning forward, bringing his face closer to hers.  "As Khaless promised, so will I promise.  I will return to you, no matter what army or force lies in my path, if I have to batter down the gates of Sto-Vo-Kor.  Khaless will return by the light of the stars, as he promised.  That is why all truth must be borne before the naked stars - one of them might be the Unforgettable Emperor himself."  By now, their lips were very, very close.  "I have not been honest.  Not with you, not with myself.  I have done us both dishonor, and tried to pass it off as the opposite.  This...I will do no more.  I will fight for you.  I will shed blood for you...because I love you."

And then he kissed her.

With her head against his chest, Ilana could hear the thudding of his mighty heart against his ribs. It was a soothing sound, as familiar to her as the sounds of a starship around her, as Sasha's quiet hiss and the soft crr of the weeper plant. The position she was in was safe, protected by the caring arms of a Klingon. She had lost count of the number of times she had fallen asleep, secure in the knowledge that he wouldn't let anyone hurt her.

As he started to speak, she lifted her head to look up at him. Klingon history was quite fascinating to her, if sometimes a little strange and bloody. She enjoyed listening to his tales more than looking them up for herself. He always put more life into them than the computer could hope to. She hoped that one day, he would relate them to her in their proper language. She had been trying to learn Klingon, but it was quite a complex language to learn.

What he was leading up to, however, took her by surprise. Well, it snuck up on her then ran her over with the full force of an army of Klingons. She hadn't pulled away as he leant closer, accustomed to his proximity. Although the kiss was soft and brief, it still left her mind scattered, trying to comprehend this new element in their relationship.

"Uh... LupDujHomwIj... luteb, uh, gharghmey? No, th-that isn't r-right. "Qu-qamuSHa', Raynor."
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 11:45 am

Chira Abols wrote:

"One of these days, and soon," Chira said, her face happily nuzzled in her husband's shoulder, "I'm gonna learn that language of yours.  It's as pretty as Romulan."

As the couple continued to embrace, Chira glanced over Henriks' shoulder, eyeing an empty podium on the far end of the room, obviously meant for speakers at gatherings, replete with Starfleet regalia.  "Hmmm..." she said, taking him by the hand and leading Henriks over toward it.  As she expected, there was a little microphone.  "I think it's time we made an...announcement...don't ya think?"

Henriks would have been content to just hold her, or just to dance, for the rest of the night. The music continued to play, a nice slow piece coming on, and Henriks could see other couples starting to dance, most notably the Klingon and Cardassian. But Chira, it seemed, had another idea floating through that wonderful scheming mind of hers. She began leading him somewhere, but he didn't pay much attention to where until suddenly, he found that they were standing before a podium, and her intentions soon became clear.

His heart quickened. "Public speaking" was not something he relished, but he managed a grin as they stepped up to the podium. "Sveiki," he began, "we have a bit of good Christmas news to share..."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 1:18 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

With her head against his chest, Ilana could hear the thudding of his mighty heart against his ribs.  It was a soothing sound, as familiar to her as the sounds of a starship around her, as Sasha's quiet hiss and the soft crr of the weeper plant.  The position she was in was safe, protected by the caring arms of a Klingon.  She had lost count of the number of times she had fallen asleep, secure in the knowledge that he wouldn't let anyone hurt her.

As he started to speak, she lifted her head to look up at him.  Klingon history was quite fascinating to her, if sometimes a little strange and bloody.  She enjoyed listening to his tales more than looking them up for herself.  He always put more life into them than the computer could hope to.  She hoped that one day, he would relate them to her in their proper language.  She had been trying to learn Klingon, but it was quite a complex language to learn.

What he was leading up to, however, took her by surprise.  Well, it snuck up on her then ran her over with the full force of an army of Klingons.  She hadn't pulled away as he leant closer, accustomed to his proximity.  Although the kiss was soft and brief, it still left her mind scattered, trying to comprehend this new element in their relationship.

"Uh... LupDujHomwIj... luteb, uh, gharghmey?  No, th-that isn't r-right.  "Qu-qamuSHa', Raynor."

A feeling not unlike a plasmatic charge shot through Raynor's blood as Ilana returned his kiss, saying in very passable Klingonese how she felt. He had expected (and suspected for a while, now) that her feelings would mirror his own. And, yet, to hear it spoken, to hear words break silence...

"bangwI’ SoH," he said, his voice quiet. They'd stopped dancing, and stood apart from the majority of the gathered officers and crew. "I love you," he said, again, grinning happily. "I would say it a thousand times, should you wish it."

Henriks Abols wrote:
His heart quickened. "Public speaking" was not something he relished, but he managed a grin as they stepped up to the podium. "Sveiki," he began, "we have a bit of good Christmas news to share..."

Raynor glanced up as a voice came over the intercom. "It appears the Abolses have something to tell us..."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 1:53 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Gabe had been watching as Archangel presented Sheridan with his new promotion. The man absolutely deserved it. Gabriel had worked closely with him in a few situations, and he knew a ship's systems, back and front. Hold on to these days, my friend, he thought, pulling a strand of tinsel out of Aria's hair. They will never come again.

Corralling the children on toward their mother, Gabriel leaned in and landed a quick kiss. "I think Seika's decided that she wants a Christmas tree," he grinned. The little girl looked up at her mother, tilting her head. "Yes, mummy," she smiled. "Can we have a Christmas tree? Daddy said we can cut one down! A real tree!" Aria bubbled along, clapping and saying "Tweeee!"

Smiling as she spotted Gabriel and the girls making their way towards her, Archangel lifted her eldest up to perch her on her hip. Although Gabriel was starting to struggle to lift Seika up, Archangel's Romulan strength came in handy in these cases. Then again, the little girl would soon become too big even for her to lift.

"A real Christmas tree? I don't know about that, Kila... It might have to be a replicated one, but I'm sure we can have the holodeck provide a setting where we can cut it down ourselves," she replied.

Hearing Henriks' voice, however, she looked over toward the podium, noticing that Chira had an excited look on her face. "I wonder what your sister's up to..."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 2:26 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:
A feeling not unlike a plasmatic charge shot through Raynor's blood as Ilana returned his kiss, saying in very passable Klingonese how she felt. He had expected (and suspected for a while, now) that her feelings would mirror his own. And, yet, to hear it spoken, to hear words break silence...

"bangwI’ SoH," he said, his voice quiet. They'd stopped dancing, and stood apart from the majority of the gathered officers and crew. "I love you," he said, again, grinning happily. "I would say it a thousand times, should you wish it."

Raynor glanced up as a voice came over the intercom. "It appears the Abolses have something to tell us..."

Ilana hugged the Klingon tightly, feeling slightly giddy. While it had been clear that there was some latent attraction between them given the twice they had been subject to behaviour-altering substances, they had ended up in each other's arms.

"I do n-not need to h-hear it one thousand t-times," she replied reaching up on her toes to shyly steal another brief kiss, her cheeks darkening slightly as she did so. "Speaking the w-words too many times doesn't m-make them any t-truer, it only makes them sh-shallow."

As his attention was distracted, she followed his gaze to the couple standing at the podium usually reserved for senior officers making addresses. She tilted her head to one side, curious as to what they had to say.
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 2:55 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

Henriks would have been content to just hold her, or just to dance, for the rest of the night. The music continued to play, a nice slow piece coming on, and Henriks could see other couples starting to dance, most notably the Klingon and Cardassian. But Chira, it seemed, had another idea floating through that wonderful scheming mind of hers. She began leading him somewhere, but he didn't pay much attention to where until suddenly, he found that they were standing before a podium, and her intentions soon became clear.

Well, nobody seemed to be rushing at them to knock them off the podium. And the world didn't shake apart because an NCO's breath touched something meant for top brass to use. So, things seemed to be going alright...

"That's right," Chira grinned, her arm around her husband. "Um. Sorry to interrupt your...whatever you're doing," she said, glancing at Ilana and Raynor, who seemed very interested in each other. 'Bout damn time, she thought. "Anyway. Henriks and I just wanted you to know...that the Starfleet family is going to be expanding. We're going to have a baby! Um, Merry Christmas!"
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 4:38 pm

Chira Abols wrote:

Well, nobody seemed to be rushing at them to knock them off the podium.  And the world didn't shake apart because an NCO's breath touched something meant for top brass to use.  So, things seemed to be going alright...

"That's right," Chira grinned, her arm around her husband.  "Um.  Sorry to interrupt your...whatever you're doing," she said, glancing at Ilana and Raynor, who seemed very interested in each other.  'Bout damn time, she thought.  "Anyway.  Henriks and I just wanted you to know...that the Starfleet family is going to be expanding.  We're going to have a baby!  Um, Merry Christmas!"

Standing to the side of the crowd, still nursing her first glass of whisky, Rachel smiled slightly at the announcement. It would certainly explain the strange readings she had been getting from Chira. Pregnancies always threw out the metabolic processes that she relied on to read people.

Couples announcing pregnancies always struck a dual tone with the Admiral. On the one hand, she experienced the warm sensation of pride for the new parents, especially when they were personnel that she was responsible for or even had been responsible for, but on the other hand, she was a little jealous of their ability to reproduce. She had known for a long time that she would never be able to.

Stepping up to the podium, she smiled slightly at the couple, inclining her head to them. "Allow me to offer my congratulations, Chief, Petty Officer."
Back to top Go down
http://www.aurorafleet.org
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 6:11 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Smiling as she spotted Gabriel and the girls making their way towards her, Archangel lifted her eldest up to perch her on her hip.  Although Gabriel was starting to struggle to lift Seika up, Archangel's Romulan strength came in handy in these cases.  Then again, the little girl would soon become too big even for her to lift.

"A real Christmas tree?  I don't know about that, Kila...  It might have to be a replicated one, but I'm sure we can have the holodeck provide a setting where we can cut it down ourselves," she replied.  

Hearing Henriks' voice, however, she looked over toward the podium, noticing that Chira had an excited look on her face.  "I wonder what your sister's up to..."

"Oh, I'm sure we can manage to find something to cut down," Gabriel said, the gears of his mind already grinding, thinking of ways he could holoprogram an entire Christmas-time scene of going into the woods and finding a tree, just like his grandfather used to do with he and his siblings.  And speaking of siblings...

Gabe cocked an eyebrow, glancing up to where Chira and Henriks had taken a podium.  "I haven't the slightest," he said, in answer to his wife's question.

Chira Abols wrote:
"That's right," Chira grinned, her arm around her husband. "Um. Sorry to interrupt your...whatever you're doing," she said, glancing at Ilana and Raynor, who seemed very interested in each other. 'Bout damn time, she thought. "Anyway. Henriks and I just wanted you to know...that the Starfleet family is going to be expanding. We're going to have a baby! Um, Merry Christmas!"

And, just like that, his questions were answered.  "A baby!" he exclaimed, shaking is head and grinning widely.  "She never even let on.  I'll be damned!"  Of course, Aria instantly picked up on exactly what she shouldn't, and happily repeated, "bedamn!"  Gabe's cheeks flushed solid crimson as he smiled sheepishly at his wife.  "Kids.  Who knows where they pick these things up."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 6:21 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

"Oh, I'm sure we can manage to find something to cut down," Gabriel said, the gears of his mind already grinding, thinking of ways he could holoprogram an entire Christmas-time scene of going into the woods and finding a tree, just like his grandfather used to do with he and his siblings.  And speaking of siblings...

Gabe cocked an eyebrow, glancing up to where Chira and Henriks had taken a podium.  "I haven't the slightest," he said, in answer to his wife's question.

And, just like that, his questions were answered.  "A baby!" he exclaimed, shaking is head and grinning widely.  "She never even let on.  I'll be damned!"  Of course, Aria instantly picked up on exactly what she shouldn't, and happily repeated, "bedamn!"  Gabe's cheeks flushed solid crimson as he smiled sheepishly at his wife.  "Kids.  Who knows where they pick these things up."

Archangel's smile of delight at the announcement of her sister-in-law's pregnancy was tempered by Aria's repetition of her father's swearing. She raised one upswept eyebrow at her husband, taking on an expression of sarcastic disbelief.

"No, I can't imagine where they pick it up," she said while Seika giggled, knowing that Gabriel was in trouble again. "Come on, let's go and congratulate your sister."

Seeing that Admiral Deacon had beaten her to the first congratulations, Archangel stepped forward to hug Chira, a wide smile on her face. "Let me know when we need to adjust the duty rosters, Chira. I'm looking forward to being able to laugh at you now," she said, referring to the teasing that had gone on the first time Archangel and Gabriel had brought Aria to meet the family.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 7:27 am

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana hugged the Klingon tightly, feeling slightly giddy.  While it had been clear that there was some latent attraction between them given the twice they had been subject to behaviour-altering substances, they had ended up in each other's arms.

"I do n-not need to h-hear it one thousand t-times," she replied reaching up on her toes to shyly steal another brief kiss, her cheeks darkening slightly as she did so.  "Speaking the w-words too many times doesn't m-make them any t-truer, it only makes them sh-shallow."

As his attention was distracted, she followed his gaze to the couple standing at the podium usually reserved for senior officers making addresses.  She tilted her head to one side, curious as to what they had to say.

Nodding, Raynor gave Ilana an appreciative look for her outlook on words, and their power. Some people believed that repetition made something more true, but usually that was the way of the demagogue - to whisper something in the ear until the listener believes it. Ilana's outlook was quite...Klingon...in nature.

Chira Abols wrote:
"Anyway. Henriks and I just wanted you to know...that the Starfleet family is going to be expanding. We're going to have a baby! Um, Merry Christmas!"

Raynor grinned widely at the news. He didn't know the pair that well, but he'd gotten on well with them when they had worked together.

"QAPLA'!" he shouted, raising a fist in triumph for the happy couple. Raynor wondered, for a moment, if he would ever have children. It did not seem likely, and it wasn't really something he'd given much thought to.
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 7:43 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Gavin grinned boyishly as the Andorian opened the gift box, the bemused look on his face exactly mirroring what Gavin had first felt, too, upon seeing the awful sweaters.  "Ah...it's...not exactly a tradition as it is so much a dare from my sister.  And," he smirked, taking out a small personal padd, "one that we can photograph, so she'll eat her words."  He wanted to take the photo now and get it over with, but Gavin knew that  he'd be better off with the crowd in the background, for proof.  He wondered if Admiral Deacon would pose with them.

"As for how you look..." he smiled, running a hand along Thelos' chin.  He gave him a kiss on the lips.  "You look fantastic, of course.  Even in an ugly sweater."

Thelos quickly glanced down at himself, and back up just in time for a kiss from Gavin. He was certainly used to human kissing by now... and only blushed a little bit. "You're too kind," he said. He saw the PADD in Gavin's hand, too. They didn't have to take the photograph right that minute, but Thelos was still an Andorian, and the heavy sweater over his other shirt was going to overheat him if he kept it on for too long. He didn't choose to mention this- no reason to worry Gavin. He'd take it off later.

He was about to suggest that they mingle with everyone else together when he heard the light scratch of a podium microphone.

Chira Abols wrote:

Well, nobody seemed to be rushing at them to knock them off the podium.  And the world didn't shake apart because an NCO's breath touched something meant for top brass to use.  So, things seemed to be going alright...

"That's right," Chira grinned, her arm around her husband.  "Um.  Sorry to interrupt your...whatever you're doing," she said, glancing at Ilana and Raynor, who seemed very interested in each other.  'Bout damn time, she thought.  "Anyway.  Henriks and I just wanted you to know...that the Starfleet family is going to be expanding.  We're going to have a baby!  Um, Merry Christmas!"

Thelos's eyebrows raised in surprise. He knew both Chira and Henriks well enough, if not totally personally. Chira worked as a counselor and Henriks was his superior in medical, after all. Still, he hadn't known that they were having a baby. "Hmm. Congratulations to them," he said.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 8:26 am

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

Thelos quickly glanced down at himself, and back up just in time for a kiss from Gavin. He was certainly used to human kissing by now... and only blushed a little bit. "You're too kind," he said. He saw the PADD in Gavin's hand, too. They didn't have to take the photograph right that minute, but Thelos was still an Andorian, and the heavy sweater over his other shirt was going to overheat him if he kept it on for too long. He didn't choose to mention this- no reason to worry Gavin. He'd take it off later.

He was about to suggest that they mingle with everyone else together when he heard the light scratch of a podium microphone.

Thelos's eyebrows raised in surprise. He knew both Chira and Henriks well enough, if not totally personally. Chira worked as a counselor and Henriks was his superior in medical, after all. Still, he hadn't known that they were having a baby. "Hmm. Congratulations to them," he said.

"Aw, a baby!" Gavin grinned, slipping his arm around Thelos'. He had gotten to know Chira and Henriks during his brief stint as a medical officer, and liked them both. "I love babies. They like me, too. I think they like my big ears." Gavin smirked playfully at Thelos, and then glanced up quickly. "Oh. There's Captain T'Koris. Let's go get this damn photo done with." Admiral, captain...it didn't matter. It was a senior officer, and they were at the party.

Gently dragging the Andorian along with him, Gavin stopped by the captain and her family. "Um. Captain T'Koris? Merry Christmas. Look...you wouldn't mind taking a holophoto with us...uh, would you?"
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post of the Month - Mission
Participated in the first mission Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:40 am

Andrew actually laughed at his date's wondrous playfulness. It went a long way to relaxing him, and he took Sophie's hand to dance with her in the very center of the room. He was no accomplished dancer by any stretch of the imagination, but he managed to be fairly graceful, and better yet...didn't step on her toes. The two flowed together from one Christmas song to the next over the next three songs. Such was the power of this moment that neither of them spoke as they danced. For the most part, Andrew just gazed deeply into Sophie's eyes. For a brief moment, he caught sight of her arrayed in snow white and silver with an emerald belt about her waist, and a thin silvery circlet in her hair. For a moment, it seemed to Andrew as if Sophie was surrounded in soft moonlight.

Andrew blinked....

...and blinked again....

Had that been real? Where had such an image come from? Surely he was just imagining things.... Surely he hadn't just seen her in a medieval/fantasy wedding gown....

Instinctively, he found his arm around her waist drawing her a tad closer as the two of them danced, and his other hand was playing...without him even realizing it....with her gorgeous mane of soft hair.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hark! (Open)
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next