Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Hark! (Open) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Hark! (Open) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Hark! (Open) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Hark! (Open) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Hark! (Open) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Hark! (Open) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Hark! (Open) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Hark! (Open) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Hark! (Open) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Hark! (Open) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Hark! (Open)

Go down 
+13
Jiseth
Andrew Sheridan
Thelos th'Zhela
Safefta Pardek
Raynor Hughes
Gavin Van Gelder
Gabriel Arthur
NPC
Ilana Telak
Chira Abols
Henriks Ābols
Rachel Deacon
Corman Stark
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Hark! (Open) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 10:04 am

NPC wrote:

Hark! (Open) - Page 7 Q2_zps19016a65
Mrs...Claus?

"Oh, right you are, Mister Sheridan," a woman said, appearing from thin air with a cacophonous clatter of jingle bells and a swirl of snow, wearing a Christmas-colored coat of red trimmed in white.  "The festivities have indeed taken a new turn!  Look at you two," she tsked, shaking her head.  "Go on and kiss again!  You want to.  She wants to."  The woman rolled her eyes.  "Humans..."

She moved toward the center of the room, glancing at people as she went by.  "Safefta Pardek.  The life of this party, right?  Have you told everyone how you disdain their company, hm?  Henriks Abols.  Has your wife told you how much she fears that her sister-in-law's life will bleed over and threaten yours?"  

The woman held out her hand, counting points on her white-gloved fingers.  "Zero Alpha...oh, if only everyone knew about you, our very own Christmas homonculus.  Thelos and Gavin.  Wished your fathers a Merry Christmas, yet?    Stark...don't even bother with finishing that call to security.  They can't get in, anyway.  Gabriel Arthur...oh," she smirked, shaking her head.  "You poor, poor boy.  How's married life treating you?  And speaking of which....Archangel T'Koris.  Now...everyone in this room has been very, very bad this Christmas.  But you, captain?  You've been quite bad."

One moment Thelos was taking a ridiculous holiday picture with Gavin... and the next things turned wild very, very quickly. The first thing he noticed was the temperature drop and the falling snow. While it took away the slow, encroaching feeling of overheating, he was concerned for everyone else in the room, especially the humans. No one seemed to mind, though... all of them were looking in some other direction, at a fat man giving a hot drink to one of the ensigns. Oh, how fun, he thought to himself. A guest! It didn't occur to him, at first, that this was anything but normal. (From the sweaters to the music, nothing surprised him.)

He was a little short to see everything that was going on, but the next arrival made herself very, very well known. Despite where everyone was standing, she somehow made herself able to address people in turn.

And that's when things got worse. Instead of the jolly-like sweetness of the other man, this woman started right out with a lashing tongue against everyone. He didn't hear the first things she said, but he definitely heard her point out Zero Alpha. Homonuclus? he thought to himself. Does this have something to do with what Gavin wouldn't tell me about her? He didn't have much time to ponder that bit of distrust when he found a gloved finger pointing at him and Gavin.

My fathers.....? Realization hit him and he immediately felt a surge of guilt, and then fear. How does she know all this about us? Has she told our parents? What is going on? He felt himself tightening the grip around Gavin's waist protectively, even if there was nothing apparently to protect him from.

Of course, he couldn't keep his mouth shut either. "Who the devil are you?" he demanded, less than politely. "Who are you to just come in here and start all this?" Ah, no, stop talking... this is the kind of thing that lost you an antenna.
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post of the Month - Mission
Participated in the first mission Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 10:25 am

Andrew Sheridan turned to the woman claiming to be Mrs. Clause, but every instinct in him said something completely different. There were detailed Starfleet records of such beings that loved to cause chaos, while supposedly attempting to have merriment...or even aid others. Still, if that was the way the game was to be played....so be it. Besides, openly stating what he was thinking was hardly necessary. Either of the two beings would pick up on it without even trying...if he was correct about their true identity.

So, he turned back to Sophie, pulled her a tad closer, and kissed her for several long heartbeats....a kiss filled with promise, passion, affection, warmth, and love....caressing the back of her neck softly with his long sleek fingers as he did so with one hand, and massaging her lower back with the other hand.

A very small part of Andrew's mind lightly touched his Captain's...something he had not dared to do before now. Only a single letter he sent to her...just one with a distinct question mark. One letter was all that was needed...just one.

~Q?~

Yet, the majority of his very being was focused on the enchanting woman before him...Sophie, and the kiss continued for longer than just a few heartbeats....his heart beating more rapidly.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 12:40 pm

Andrew Sheridan wrote:

A very small part of Andrew's mind lightly touched his Captain's...something he had not dared to do before now.  Only a single letter he sent to her...just one with a distinct question mark.  One letter was all that was needed...just one.

~Q?~

As she felt someone's mind brush against hers, Archangel slammed up her mental defenses, trying not to flinch. She disliked telepaths. Or rather, she disliked telepaths rooting around inside her head. There were things in there that she didn't want anyone to know about, especially since, at that moment, the strange woman had brought thoughts of Archangel's involvement with S31 to the forefront of her mind.

The message she got from the brush was odd, and it took her a moment to figure out what it meant. Once she did though, it seemed to be a logical explanation for what was happening.
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 7:16 pm

Andrew Sheridan wrote:
Andrew Sheridan turned to the woman claiming to be Mrs. Clause, but every instinct in him said something completely different.  There were detailed Starfleet records of such beings that loved to cause chaos, while supposedly attempting to have merriment...or even aid others.  Still, if that was the way the game was to be played....so be it.  Besides, openly stating what he was thinking was hardly necessary.  Either of the two beings would pick up on it without even trying...if he was correct about their true identity.

So, he turned back to Sophie, pulled her a tad closer, and kissed her for several long heartbeats....a kiss filled with promise, passion, affection, warmth, and love....caressing the back of her neck softly with his long sleek fingers as he did so with one hand, and massaging her lower back with the other hand.

A very small part of Andrew's mind lightly touched his Captain's...something he had not dared to do before now.  Only a single letter he sent to her...just one with a distinct question mark.  One letter was all that was needed...just one.

~Q?~

Yet, the majority of his very being was focused on the enchanting woman before him...Sophie, and the kiss continued for longer than just a few heartbeats....his heart beating more rapidly.

Hark! (Open) - Page 7 Sophie3_zps7c854272
SCPO Sophie Callan

Everything seemed to be happening all at once...from the appearance of something akin to a Santa Claus, to his Mrs. Claus from hell...all of it was like a blur to Sophie. She heard the strange woman tell her and Andrew to just start kissing already, and, like that...it was happening.

She didn't consider herself a modest or shy girl by any means, but she also wasn't entirely comfortable just making out right in front of the entire command staff. Sophie as fairly sure, though, that the man had a plan. What that plan was, though, she hadn't the foggiest. And so, she just went right along with it. Which wasn't hard to do...he was a fantastic kisser. So...there was that.

As for the woman? Well. Sophie had a pretty good idea of what they were dealing with, and she didn't like it. It was the kind of crap that officers had to deal with, and avoiding beings like this was usually one of the fringe benefits of not wearing pips on your collar. So much for that...
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 7:33 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

As she felt someone's mind brush against hers, Archangel slammed up her mental defenses, trying not to flinch.  She disliked telepaths.  Or rather, she disliked telepaths rooting around inside her head.  There were things in there that she didn't want anyone to know about, especially since, at that moment, the strange woman had brought thoughts of Archangel's involvement with S31 to the forefront of her mind.  

The message she got from the brush was odd, and it took her a moment to figure out what it meant.  Once she did though, it seemed to be a logical explanation for what was happening.

First, things got weird.

And then, they got real weird.

Gabriel had made his way back closer to Archangel once the "Santa Claus" had appeared, since, as far as he'd known, nobody had planned any such appearance for this party. If the jolly fat man's party-crashing hadn't been enough to send his danger sense into Red Alert...well, Saint Nick's shrewish wife certainly was.

Once the woman started delivering a bullet-point list of everyone's dirty laundry, though, it all started to click together. Archangel looked like someone just walked over her grave, flinching slightly in a way almost imperceptible, if one didn't know just how to look. It all added up - the matter manipulation, the seeming omniscience - everything. All senior officers were briefed in these things.

"Aw, hell!" Gabriel said, scowling incredulously and shaking his head. "You've gotta be kiddin' me! We have to put up with one of these damned things, too?"
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 8:33 pm

Mrs...Claus?

Safefta Pardek wrote:
The mug in her hand shattered once she got to Stark, as her fear of this being a hostile problem made her forget the strength of her hand. The scalding hot liquid just flooded over her hand and to the floor, but Safefta was more concerned with the fact that she had no phaser, none of her security equipment with her and as such was thoroughly stuck. Besides, her shoulder was still healing a bit from the last away mission- she wasn't keen on fighting... whatever this was.

Mrs. Claus pursed her lips at Safefta as she smashed her cup, shaking her head. "Tsk, tsk. Messy little child. There are actual children present, and they're not behaving as poorly as you." She raised an eyebrow as the cup mended itself back together, and Safefta was transported to a corner of the room, sitting in a seat by herself. "Now. You think about what you did, young lady. Santa," she said, turning to the jolly old elf, "these people have been much too bad for presents, this year." With that, a chimney appeared, seeming to draw "Santa Claus" up it in a whisk of snow and jingling bells.

Zero Alpha wrote:
As the female dressed as what Zero could guess was meant to be Santa Claus' mate started to bring up pieces of information about the personnel gathered at the psrty that were probably meant to remain secret, the Augment frowned, then scowled at the homonclus comment, scanning the room for any signs that her more scientifically minded colleagues had picked up on it.

She snickered a little bit at the Augment's obvious discomfort, shaking her head. "Worry not, Zero Alpha. All I'm referring to is your statuesque figure. Right...Galatea?"

Thelos th'Zela wrote:
Of course, he couldn't keep his mouth shut either. "Who the devil are you?" he demanded, less than politely. "Who are you to just come in here and start all this?" Ah, no, stop talking... this is the kind of thing that lost you an antenna.

"And you," she said, rounding on the Andorian as he spoke, "need to learn about back talk. A smart mouth and a smart mind don't often go hand-in-hand, Mr. th'Zela." Mrs. Claus looked on the verge of saying...or doing...more, when she suddenly turned her attention to Sheridan. "Oh! Now, this is interesting. Yes, Mr. Sheridan, you are correct. I am of the Continuum. And you naughty, naughty little children need be on your best behavior while you're out here...including you and your attitude, Mr. Arthur."
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 9:24 pm

Andrew, without mocking the being from the Continuum, bowed respectfully to her presence.

Then, without a second thought, Andrew Sheridan smiled back at Sophie. His gaze told his date all she needed to know...an invitation to leave the party.

It wasn't that the member from the Continuum didn't warrant his attention, or the fact that her presence was important. If she was there; then she had something in mind one way or the other. Yet, as a member of the Continuum; Andrew knew there was little he could do...if anything....to stop her from causing chaos. So, there really was only one solution....only one that was good at any rate. He decided to leave with Sophie.

The female Q would stop them....or not. She would force them to stay....or not. He could not rival her power. Nor could he out maneuver her in Time and Space...a speciality of his, but nothing of which he was even close to having her talent for. To leave was the only true answer. Sophie and him would find out soon enough if she would stop them...or not. His polite bow to her had been not only his way of acknowledging her presence, but also making sure she understood he had no desire at all to disrespect her presence.

He just also had no intention of being around for the fireworks....if possible. If she kept them....well, he would do his best...

The seconds ticked by as he smiled at Sophie, and nodded towards the doorway. Without a backward glance; Andrew stated politely, "Merry Christmas, Madam Q."

Tick...tock...

...tick...tock...
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 11:23 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

Trying to keep his jaw from hitting the floor, Gavin attempted to make the slightest modicum of sense out of everything that was happening. He'd read the stories, of course, as well as as the case studies of the hyper-powerful beings known as the Q. They claimed to be god-like, but his scientist's brain knew that the word was something used when a culture didn't understand the existence of higher life forms. Still...having one right here...I wonder, he thought, if she'd let me ask her some questions...

All thought of interviewing the woman fled, however, as Thelos spoke up. The Andorian had taken a step forward, and Gavin felt his heart leap up into his throat. The hell are you doing! he thought, moving in step with the doctor, putting himself between the Q and Thelos. Of course, Gavin had no idea what he could actually do, should the being decide to use her powers on Thelos...but it still didn't feel right not to at least try.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 3:53 am

Q wrote:
She snickered a little bit at the Augment's obvious discomfort, shaking her head. "Worry not, Zero Alpha. All I'm referring to is your statuesque figure. Right...Galatea?"

Galatea?  Who was Galatea?  Zero frowned slightly as she searched her memory for any times that she might have encountered the name, but didn't come up with much of a response.  All she could remember was a reference to a story from one of Earth's earliest civilisations.  She made a mental note to look it up if and when she got out of this situation, but for now, she was staying quiet.  If Thelos' words had proved anything, it was that talking back to this woman was not a smart idea.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 3:58 am

NPC wrote:

Mrs. Claus pursed her lips at Safefta as she smashed her cup, shaking her head.  "Tsk, tsk.  Messy little child.  There are actual children present, and they're not behaving as poorly as you."  She raised an eyebrow as the cup mended itself back together, and Safefta was transported to a corner of the room, sitting in a seat by herself.  "Now.  You think about what you did, young lady.  Santa," she said, turning to the jolly old elf, "these people have been much too bad for presents, this year."  With that, a chimney appeared, seeming to draw "Santa Claus" up it in a whisk of snow and jingling bells.

She snickered a little bit at the Augment's obvious discomfort, shaking her head.  "Worry not, Zero Alpha.  All I'm referring to is your statuesque figure.  Right...Galatea?"

"And you," she said, rounding on the Andorian as he spoke, "need to learn about back talk.  A smart mouth and a smart mind don't often go hand-in-hand, Mr. th'Zela."  Mrs. Claus looked on the verge of saying...or doing...more, when she suddenly turned her attention to Sheridan.  "Oh!  Now, this is interesting.  Yes, Mr. Sheridan, you are correct.  I am of the Continuum.  And you naughty, naughty little children need be on your best behavior while you're out here...including you and your attitude, Mr. Arthur."

Archangel's jaw clenched as she watched the Q's reactions to the people gathered at the party, working to contain the anger she felt at their treatment, but there was only so much she could ask of her own self control, and this was pushing her to her limits.

She stepped forward, standing in front of the Q with her shoulders squared and her spine straight. "That's enough, Q," she growled. "Leave these people alone."
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 10:51 am

NPC wrote:

Mrs...Claus?

She moved toward the center of the room, glancing at people as she went by.  "Safefta Pardek.  The life of this party, right?  Have you told everyone how you disdain their company, hm?  Henriks Abols.  Has your wife told you how much she fears that her sister-in-law's life will bleed over and threaten yours?"  

The woman held out her hand, counting points on her white-gloved fingers.  "Zero Alpha...oh, if only everyone knew about you, our very own Christmas homonculus.  Thelos and Gavin.  Wished your fathers a Merry Christmas, yet?    Stark...don't even bother with finishing that call to security.  They can't get in, anyway.  Gabriel Arthur...oh," she smirked, shaking her head.  "You poor, poor boy.  How's married life treating you?  And speaking of which....Archangel T'Koris.  Now...everyone in this room has been very, very bad this Christmas.  But you, captain?  You've been quite bad."

A second strange figure appeared, decked out as if she were the fabled Mrs. Clause, but the moment she opened her mouth, it was very clear she was anything but. His arms stayed protectively around Chira, as if to protect her from the strange omnipotent being, not saying a word. What was there to say. He already knew there were parts of Archangel's life that were shady, though not to what extent. It killed him though, to know how much worry and grief it was causing Chira, how much this strange woman had tainted what should have been a joyful day.
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 10:48 pm

Mrs. Q

Andrew Sheridan wrote:
The seconds ticked by as he smiled at Sophie, and nodded towards the doorway. Without a backward glance; Andrew stated politely, "Merry Christmas, Madam Q."

Q raised an eyebrow as Sheridan and his companion turned to leave. "What did I tell you," she tut-tutted, almost under her breath. "All the manners of a neanderthal. From which you're not too far removed, I might add." She cleared her throat, pointing toward the door before the Ops officer could leave. A ghastly-looking medieval-style portcullis slammed down, barring their exit. "Please, Mr. Sheridan. You'll want to stay. I won't be long."

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
Archangel's jaw clenched as she watched the Q's reactions to the people gathered at the party, working to contain the anger she felt at their treatment, but there was only so much she could ask of her own self control, and this was pushing her to her limits.

She stepped forward, standing in front of the Q with her shoulders squared and her spine straight. "That's enough, Q," she growled. "Leave these people alone."

One the gates had slammed, Q turned her smirking attention back to the Romulan. "Temper, Captain T'Koris. You captains tend to be quite tightly-coiled to begin with...and you certainly deal with enough stress. Almost as much as you make your poor husband suffer."

Q waved her hand at the Starfleet Band, who began playing again, though not of their own volition. "Don't let me spoil your party, children! Besides...you all need it. Cooped up on your little ships, trying to expand your pitifully-limited understanding of reality...overworked, undersexed, and breathing recycled air. Perhaps the iron maiden might be less of a torture...but I truly do not know."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 5:55 am

NPC wrote:

One the gates had slammed, Q turned her smirking attention back to the Romulan.  "Temper, Captain T'Koris.  You captains tend to be quite tightly-coiled to begin with...and you certainly deal with enough stress.  Almost as much as you make your poor husband suffer."  

Q waved her hand at the Starfleet Band, who began playing again, though not of their own volition.  "Don't let me spoil your party, children!  Besides...you all need it.  Cooped up on your little ships, trying to expand your pitifully-limited understanding of reality...overworked, undersexed, and breathing recycled air.  Perhaps the iron maiden might be less of a torture...but I truly do not know."

A muscle twitched in Archangel's jaw. She knew that the life she had to lead was hardly an ideal one, and it was certainly far from the life Gabriel wanted for their family. While they rarely touched on the subject, Archangel knew enough to know that he harboured a great deal of anger toward them and to some extent toward her as well for being too afraid to defy them.

She was distracted by a small hand reaching up to grasp hers, looking down to see Seika holding on to her. She put an arm around the girl's shoulders, holding her close as she scanned the other people in the room: Henriks and Chira holding on to each other, Lieutenant Sheridan and Chief Callan prevemted from leaving, Ilana sheltered in her Klingon friend's arms, the ever-stoic Admiral Deacon watching the goings on passively.

"I think you've already spoiled the party, Q," the young Romulan replied. "As flawed as each of us are, we try to put those aside for Christmas. This is a time when we celebrate in the company of our friends and family."
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 6:56 am

Andrew didn't have a choice now. This particular Q was simply not going to be nice. Well, not that any of them were particularly nice, per se. Perhaps that came from simply existing too long. Not that it mattered in the end. They were powerless to stop her...to a point. It was not something he wanted to do, but there was really nothing left....especially after his beloved Captain made sure this Q understood she was not welcome. Soon, the Q would no doubt strike back harshly...they usually did when challenged.

His own connection to Time and Space was vastly more limited than someone from the cursed Continuum. Indeed, he had no real power to deal with her at all, but he was still going to do what he could...pointless as it might be.

Then, kissing her hand, he turned to face the tormentor of Christmas. Slowly, he approached her with deliberate steps...his eyes never leaving the intrusive female Q.

There he stood before her now with eyes narrowed. "You have seriously misjudged us in coming here. You have a lot of power...power we may never comprehend, but you have forgotten own manners. I guess that happens when one lives as long as you all have. You forget how to interact with others in an actual manner approaching something along the lines of genuine politeness. You have forgotten in your power how to behave. Sadly, none of us here have the power to remind you, because with a simple thought...we can simply cease to exist...instantly. Likely that means I am about to cease...so be it. If that is the price to pay for reminding you...who should know better...how to behave...then I will pay that price gladly."

Andrew folded his arms. "It really is a pity. I can only imagine the amount of work it must take to have evolved to this point...to understand Time and Space so beautifully. Yet, in all of that wondrous time; you have lost your way. You have forgotten politeness, compassion, true joy, sorrow, forgotten how to be delighted without needing to torment others, forgotten how to guide others when guidance was needed, and most of all...you have forgotten what it means to be a member of the Continuum. I know I should be afraid...after all, you hold the power to my life, but in truth....I am merely saddened for you."

Well, there it was...he had challenged her. His life was now likely measured in seconds...or less...
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 7:24 am

Henriks Ābols wrote:

A second strange figure appeared, decked out as if she were the fabled Mrs. Clause, but the moment she opened her mouth, it was very clear she was anything but. His arms stayed protectively around Chira, as if to protect her from the strange omnipotent being, not saying a word. What was there to say. He already knew there were parts of Archangel's life that were shady, though not to what extent. It killed him though, to know how much worry and grief it was causing Chira, how much this strange woman had tainted what should have been a joyful day.

Chira practically growled, an instinct brought on by her husband's obvious discomfort. Granted, the whole situation was more than a little weird...well, 'weird' didn't even cover it. Whatever the hell this woman was, Chira didn't like people talking about her cases and patients...even if they were god-like dimensional beings!

She leaned into Henriks' embrace, trying to ignore that little gnawing dig at her soul that told her that the woman was right. She was afraid for his life. She was afraid for the life of her child, too. The kind of fire Archangel played with had the possibility of burning every single member of her family.

But it wasn't anyone's place to be airing that laundry in public.
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 7:47 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"I think you've already spoiled the party, Q," the young Romulan replied.  "As flawed as each of us are, we try to put those aside for Christmas.  This is a time when we celebrate in the company of our friends and family."

Hark! (Open) - Page 7 Q_zpsa42b04e2
Q

Tilting her head, Q gave Archangel a considering look, smiling her cat-playing-with-mouth smile.  With a whir of motion, her clothing changed from that of a Christmas matron to something like a severely-pink schoolmarm.  "I've ruined nothing, Captain," she smirked.  "All I did was speak the truth.  If any hand has 'ruined' your life...well.  That's what mirrors are for, child."

Andrew Sheridan wrote:
Andrew folded his arms. "It really is a pity. I can only imagine the amount of work it must take to have evolved to this point...to understand Time and Space so beautifully. Yet, in all of that wondrous time; you have lost your way. You have forgotten politeness, compassion, true joy, sorrow, forgotten how to be delighted without needing to torment others, forgotten how to guide others when guidance was needed, and most of all...you have forgotten what it means to be a member of the Continuum. I know I should be afraid...after all, you hold the power to my life, but in truth....I am merely saddened for you."

Well, there it was...he had challenged her. His life was now likely measured in seconds...or less...

Q turned her long-suffering gaze back to Sheridan.  "And I'm saddened for you, boy.  You, who assumes you are enlightened.  You, who have less ability than one of our newborns.  You, who have never even begun to sense the color of time.  You...and your big mouth.  Here," she said, as a large fruitcake appeared in his hands.  "stuff it with something."

Her expression was no longer playful as she looked back to the group.  "I tire of this, so I will take my leave of you.  However...you will all be on your best behavior while you are tearing through space like the noisome children that you are.  Other members of the Continuum might be satisfied of your intentions...but some also are not."

Chira Abols wrote:
She leaned into Henriks' embrace, trying to ignore that little gnawing dig at her soul that told her that the woman was right. She was afraid for his life. She was afraid for the life of her child, too. The kind of fire Archangel played with had the possibility of burning every single member of her family.

But it wasn't anyone's place to be airing that laundry in public.

Folding her arms, Q quirked an eyebrow at Chira and Henriks.  "Easy, girl," she smirked.  "An expecting mother shouldn't be having those kind of murderous thoughts about someone.  Wouldn't want any of that negativity to rub off on the baby...would you?"  She glanced at Chira's abdomen, grinning broadly.  "Both of them."

Q nodded, raising her hands in a broad gesture.  Two plush toys appeared close to Aria and Seika.  They were soft, stuffed doll caricatures.  One was a blonde-headed man, the other a dark-haired woman with pointed ears.  Both in command red.  "For when the real thing just can't be there for them," she winked.  

With that, Q disappeared in a puff of glittery snow.  "Merry Christmas to all," her disembodied voice proclaimed, "and to all a good night!"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 8:08 am

NPC wrote:

Tilting her head, Q gave Archangel a considering look, smiling her cat-playing-with-mouth smile.  With a whir of motion, her clothing changed from that of a Christmas matron to something like a severely-pink schoolmarm.  "I've ruined nothing, Captain," she smirked.  "All I did was speak the truth.  If any hand has 'ruined' your life...well.  That's what mirrors are for, child."

Q turned her long-suffering gaze back to Sheridan.  "And I'm saddened for you, boy.  You, who assumes you are enlightened.  You, who have less ability than one of our newborns.  You, who have never even begun to sense the color of time.  You...and your big mouth.  Here," she said, as a large fruitcake appeared in his hands.  "stuff it with something."

Her expression was no longer playful as she looked back to the group.  "I tire of this, so I will take my leave of you.  However...you will all be on your best behavior while you are tearing through space like the noisome children that you are.  Other members of the Continuum might be satisfied of your intentions...but some also are not."

Folding her arms, Q quirked an eyebrow at Chira and Henriks.  "Easy, girl," she smirked.  "An expecting mother shouldn't be having those kind of murderous thoughts about someone.  Wouldn't want any of that negativity to rub off on the baby...would you?"  She glanced at Chira's abdomen, grinning broadly.  "Both of them."

Q nodded, raising her hands in a broad gesture.  Two plush toys appeared close to Aria and Seika.  They were soft, stuffed doll caricatures.  One was a blonde-headed man, the other a dark-haired woman with pointed ears.  Both in command red.  "For when the real thing just can't be there for them," she winked.  

With that, Q disappeared in a puff of glittery snow.  "Merry Christmas to all," her disembodied voice proclaimed, "and to all a good night!"

Once the Q had disappeared, Archangel found herself sagging slightly her rigid posture and despite the relatively slow aging of the Romulan people and her young age when considered as one, she looked as if the years were falling onto her shoulders. She forced a smile at the people gathered.

"Well, that was an unpleasant interlude. I suggest that we forget about the Continuum for now. We are all off duty, after all!"

With that, she returned to Gabriel's side, doing her best to keep her upright posture whe, everything in her mind told her to curl up in a corner. Q had been right about her involvement with S31. She had played right into their hands with during the situation on Romulus with Alidar, and now she paid the price. Wrapping her arms around Gabriel's waist, she rested her head on his shoulder and murmured quietly:

"I'm sorry."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 9:38 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Once the Q had disappeared, Archangel found herself sagging slightly her rigid posture and despite the relatively slow aging of the Romulan people and her young age when considered as one, she looked as if the years were falling onto her shoulders.  She forced a smile at the people gathered.

"Well, that was an unpleasant interlude.  I suggest that we forget about the Continuum for now.  We are all off duty, after all!"

With that, she returned to Gabriel's side, doing her best to keep her upright posture whe, everything in her mind told her to curl up in a corner.  Q had been right about her involvement with S31.  She had played right into their hands with during the situation on Romulus with Alidar, and now she paid the price.  Wrapping her arms around Gabriel's waist, she rested her head on his shoulder and murmured quietly:

"I'm sorry."

As much as Gabriel hated it, he knew that his wife was right - they needed to keep carrying on with the gathering. He wanted to rage at all the garbage the Q had said, but he also knew that, as commanding officers, they were the ones to set the tone for the rest of the crew. It wouldn't do any good to be seen wailing and gnashing teeth...as much as he wanted to.

"No apologies," he said, holding her close as she hugged him. "Never. You know that." Gabe looked over to Aria, who sat on the floor playing with her Gabriel-doll. As much as he wanted to yank the thing away and toss it in the reclamation unit, the toddler seemed to have taken right to it. It only made sense. She didn't understand the implications of the doll. For when the real thing can't be there for you, Q had said. It made his stomach turn.
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 10:55 am

Andrew Sheridan staggered back from the words of the Q woman. It wasn't that she was wrong in so many ways, but she wasn't right either in others. Sure, he wasn't even a fraction of what a Q was as far as understanding the Space/Time Continuum, but he wasn't a complete novice either...not by Human standards at least. Still, he was staggered by her power....even knowing what he had faced. She couldn't see....that was sad....truly. For a moment, standing there as the shock seemed to cascade over the rest of the people present; Andrew had a single desire to find a way to help the Continuum.

Just that fast, the desire vanished almost like a laughable puff of smoke. After all, what in the universe could he possibly do to help the Continuum...they who were so much more than he was?

Taking a deep breath, Andrew went back to his date....praying he hadn't just scared her half to death with his confrontation with the female Q.

"Come, Dearheart, I think we can celebrate in private now. Some alone time together might be just the thing we need," he suggested tenderly as he kissed her brow lovingly, and brushed her hair to one side.
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 1:38 pm

Andrew Sheridan wrote:
Andrew Sheridan staggered back from the words of the Q woman.  It wasn't that she was wrong in so many ways, but she wasn't right either in others.  Sure, he wasn't even a fraction of what a Q was as far as understanding the Space/Time Continuum, but he wasn't a complete novice either...not by Human standards at least.  Still, he was staggered by her power....even knowing what he had faced.  She couldn't see....that was sad....truly.  For a moment, standing there as the shock seemed to cascade over the rest of the people present; Andrew had a single desire to find a way to help the Continuum.

Just that fast, the desire vanished almost like a laughable puff of smoke.  After all, what in the universe could he possibly do to help the Continuum...they who were so much more than he was?

Taking a deep breath, Andrew went back to his date....praying he hadn't just scared her half to death with his confrontation with the female Q.

"Come, Dearheart, I think we can celebrate in private now.  Some alone time together might be just the thing we need," he suggested tenderly as he kissed her brow lovingly, and brushed her hair to one side.

Hark! (Open) - Page 7 Sophie3_zps7c854272
SCPO Sophie Callan

Sophie had to blink more than once to fully process just what the hell was going on. Crap like this... she thought, is why I'm thankful I'm not a commissioned officer.

She leaned up into his kiss, smiling happily as Andrew brushed her short, wavy hair. "Celebrate in private? Andrew Sheridan...you literally just stood up to a Q." She playfully punched him in the shoulder. "Aside from me never wanting you to do that again...I'm ready to celebrate you until your knees go weak."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 2:49 pm

Not long after all the madness has passed, Gavin found himself pulling Thelos along with him towards the drink table. "I think," he said, smiling apologetically at his boyfriend, "that we both need a little of this." Taking up the bottle of Scotch whiskey, Gavin went to pour some into a glass, but thought better of it, drinking right from the bottle. "I swear. Christmas isn't usually this insane. I promise," he smirked, handing the bottle to the Andorian.
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2014 1:06 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:
Not long after all the madness has passed, Gavin found himself pulling Thelos along with him towards the drink table.  "I think," he said, smiling apologetically at his boyfriend, "that we both need a little of this."  Taking up the bottle of Scotch whiskey, Gavin went to pour some into a glass, but thought better of it, drinking right from the bottle.  "I swear.  Christmas isn't usually this insane.  I promise," he smirked, handing the bottle to the Andorian.

With the Q gone at last, Thelos felt his tension level drop. Not all the way, given that the woman's parting words had left him with the air of being watched, but... he didn't feel in immediate danger of the Q's wrath anymore. Not that I did a good job avoiding it anyway... me and my big mouth. Sorry, Gavin.

Gavin, however, seemed to be the one apologizing instead. Thelos couldn't help but shoot him a bemused look as he took a swig from the whiskey bottle instead of using a very available glass. Well, he couldn't blame him. "I'd like some of that."

With the bottle in hand, he mimicked Gavin's swigging. After swallowing the liquor, his expression had returned to its usual jovial appearence. "As for whether or not this is normal... well, Gavin... I believe that's what you said about thanksgiving, too."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Flight
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2014 3:29 pm

[Corridor]

Jiseth stood just outside the detection radius of the door to the reception hall. In her hands she held a small paper that had been folded over longitudinally. Some human tradition for this particular holiday. The cover was decorated with a winter landscape. Hills and mountains in the background, trees as well, all covered in white. Disproportionate in size to everything else, taking up most of the cover, was a snowflake. Elegant and orderly in its symmetry. It was the nickname of her lover to which she devoted the message inside.

I have set foot on hundreds of worlds,
But none could become home without you.

I have seen stars that could engulf an entire solar system,
But not one shines as brightly as you.

I have been among thousands of ships lighting the sky with conflagration,
But no fleet can match your might.

I have fallen into the cold abyss of death and resurfaced,
But I am not truly alive until in your embrace.

[Reception Hall]

Taking a step in, Jiseth suddenly caught many gazes and stopped short. A moment later most had turned away though the Romulan's eyes had shot to the floor and the card moved out of sight behind her. She sifted her way across the room and through the groups of quiet chatting which, by all accounts, lacked the portrayed festiveness.

Her shields were set to maximum and there was a dire wish for a cloaking device. Exposed and out in the open. So far she was just enjoying the ability to walk without a crutch or cane. Perhaps the bar would have something to remedy her uneasiness. Jiseth had no idea where Zero was exactly. The invitation left on the nightstand lacked a homing beacon.

"Kali-fal... With ice, please."

Last edited by Jiseth on Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2014 4:51 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:
Gavin, however, seemed to be the one apologizing instead. Thelos couldn't help but shoot him a bemused look as he took a swig from the whiskey bottle instead of using a very available glass. Well, he couldn't blame him. "I'd like some of that."

With the bottle in hand, he mimicked Gavin's swigging. After swallowing the liquor, his expression had returned to its usual jovial appearence. "As for whether or not this is normal... well, Gavin... I believe that's what you said about thanksgiving, too."

Gavin smirked happily as Thelos downed some of the drink.  He remembered that the Andorian's capacity for such things outpaced his own.  Then again, it was the kind of weird night that just begged for getting hammered.  Reaching over, Gavin ran his fingers through Thelos' white hair, brushing along the one whole antenna, tasting the burn of alcohol on his blue lips as they kissed.  "Yeah, well...I said Thanksgiving wasn't usually as fun," he teased, winking.  "But nobody said that Christmas couldn't be as fun..."

Jiseth wrote:
Her shields were set to maximum and there was a dire wish for a cloaking device. Exposed and out in the open. So far she was just enjoying the ability to walk without a crutch or cane. Perhaps the bar would have something to remedy her uneasiness. Jiseth had no idea where Zero was exactly. The invitation left on the nightstand lacked a homing beacon.

"Kali-fal... With ice, please."

His ears perked up as Gavin heard someone mention a Romulan drink.  It certainly didn't sound like the captain...further visual evidince showed that it definitely wasn't Captain T'Koris.  Who, then...?  

And then suddenly, it hit him, something akin to a full stop with no interial dampening.  He had seen this woman's face before.  His 'cousin' Zero kept the image in her quarters.  "Oh...holy night," Gavin breathed, his sea-green eyes going wide.  "Are you...Jiseth?"
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Flight
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2014 5:19 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:
His ears perked up as Gavin heard someone mention a Romulan drink.  It certainly didn't sound like the captain...further visual evidince showed that it definitely wasn't Captain T'Koris.  Who, then...?  

And then suddenly, it hit him, something akin to a full stop with no interial dampening.  He had seen this woman's face before.  His 'cousin' Zero kept the image in her quarters.  "Oh...holy night," Gavin breathed, his sea-green eyes going wide.  "Are you...Jiseth?"

"Lieutenant Jiseth," she replied curtly. Her elbows propping up her hands, one holding the glass of pale blue liquid and other the card as she reread the message, she was not entirely concerned with who it was speaking to her. The voice was unfamiliar. Perhaps one of the quiet ones from an academy class?

Slowly she turned her head to him and blinked. Indeed she did not recognize him or his Andorian... colleague. Neither bore red or the winged pin of an aviator. Medical personnel would have been more formal with their introduction, at least any that had been assigned to her care, though it was hardly one. Perhaps a friend of a friend?

"You are Ensign..?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hark! (Open)
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next