Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Hark! (Open) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Hark! (Open) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Hark! (Open) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Hark! (Open) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Hark! (Open) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Hark! (Open) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Hark! (Open) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Hark! (Open) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Hark! (Open) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Hark! (Open) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Hark! (Open)

Go down 
+13
Jiseth
Andrew Sheridan
Thelos th'Zhela
Safefta Pardek
Raynor Hughes
Gavin Van Gelder
Gabriel Arthur
NPC
Ilana Telak
Chira Abols
Henriks Ābols
Rachel Deacon
Corman Stark
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Hark! (Open) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2014 7:09 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

As much as Gabriel hated it, he knew that his wife was right - they needed to keep carrying on with the gathering.  He wanted to rage at all the garbage the Q had said, but he also knew that, as commanding officers, they were the ones to set the tone for the rest of the crew.  It wouldn't do any good to be seen wailing and gnashing teeth...as much as he wanted to.

"No apologies," he said, holding her close as she hugged him.  "Never.  You know that."  Gabe looked over to Aria, who sat on the floor playing with her Gabriel-doll.  As much as he wanted to yank the thing away and toss it in the reclamation unit, the toddler seemed to have taken right to it.  It only made sense.  She didn't understand the implications of the doll.  For when the real thing can't be there for you, Q had said.  It made his stomach turn.

From the shelter of Gabriel's embrace, Archangel felt as if she coukd face everything that came toward her. Even S31. Next time Ikelos showed his ugly mug to her, she was going to tell him that she was resigning. If that meant that he wanted to kill her, then so be it. At least her family would be safe from their dark machinations.

Pulling back from him slightly, she placed a slow, gentle kiss on his lips, the kind that she knew he liked. "I'm going to sort this. All of it. I promise."

Following his gaze to the sight of their youngest daughter playing with the doll that bore an eerie resemblance to Gabriel, she clenched her jaw. What ever I have to do, I'll do it.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 12:01 pm

Jiseth wrote:
"Lieutenant Jiseth," she replied curtly. Her elbows propping up her hands, one holding the glass of pale blue liquid and other the card as she reread the message, she was not entirely concerned with who it was speaking to her. The voice was unfamiliar. Perhaps one of the quiet ones from an academy class?

Slowly she turned her head to him and blinked. Indeed she did not recognize him or his Andorian... colleague. Neither bore red or the winged pin of an aviator. Medical personnel would have been more formal with their introduction, at least any that had been assigned to her care, though it was hardly one. Perhaps a friend of a friend?

"You are Ensign..?"

With the visit from the Q having somewhat rattled the young Augment, Zero was considering throwing in the towel and skulking back to her quarters.  She had attended the gathering and talked to people and not had any alcohol.  Her goals for the evening had been met.

Tugging at the sleeves of her uniform jacket in an attempt to get it to settle on her narrow shoulders, taking a few steps toward the doors out of the reception hall when a familiar voice reached her ears.  She turned on her heel, pale grey eyes searching the gathered people in the hall for the source of the voice, wondering if it could have been a figment of her imagination.

Swallowing hard, she made her way over to where she could see Gavin and his companion talking to a very familiar Romulan.  With a haunted look on her face, speaking in a low, almost scared voice, she said:

"Jiseth?"
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Flight
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 12:19 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Swallowing hard, she made her way over to where she could see Gavin and his companion talking to a very familiar Romulan.  With a haunted look on her face, speaking in a low, almost scared voice, she said:

"Jiseth?"
The mild expression of annoyance changed to one of surprise as her eyes darted to the side and beheld the light glow her lover seemed to radiate in the hall's lighting. For a moment she could feel the glass starting to slip from her fingers and let it down gently though it dropped the final few millimeters.

She looked at the card's cover, turning fully to face Zero. When their eyes met again, it was not fear that went through the Romulan's green blood, but a sense of relief. At least she had seen who she set out to. If the doctor turned away now, Jiseth would not blame her.

"I... It seems to be a human tradition so... Here." Cautiously, she held out the card and tried to keep her hand from trembling.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 12:28 pm

Jiseth wrote:

The mild expression of annoyance changed to one of surprise as her eyes darted to the side and beheld the light glow her lover seemed to radiate in the hall's lighting. For a moment she could feel the glass starting to slip from her fingers and let it down gently though it dropped the final few millimeters.

She looked at the card's cover, turning fully to face Zero. When their eyes met again, it was not fear that went through the Romulan's green blood, but a sense of relief. At least she had seen who she set out to. If the doctor turned away now, Jiseth would not blame her.

"I... It seems to be a human tradition so... Here." Cautiously, she held out the card and tried to keep her hand from trembling.

For a moment, the only part of Zero that moved was her expression. It went from haunted, to relieved, then to angry. Her pale grey eyes flashed with rage, her hands balling into fists at her sides, her jaw clenching as she struggled to contain the onslaught of emotion. She turned her head away sharply, ignoring the card that was being held out to her like an olive branch. Take it, and everything can go back to the way it was. But could Zero bring herself to see past it, see past all the time she had spent pacing in her quarters or back in her room at Starfleet Medical, wondering where Jiseth was, wondering if she still loved her Augment, wondering if she was ever going to come back.

"You left me," she managed to spit through her locked jaw. "You abandoned me here."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 3:07 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

For a moment, the only part of Zero that moved was her expression.  It went from haunted, to relieved, then to angry.  Her pale grey eyes flashed with rage, her hands balling into fists at her sides, her jaw clenching as she struggled to contain the onslaught of emotion.  She turned her head away sharply, ignoring the card that was being held out to her like an olive branch.  Take it, and everything can go back to the way it was.  But could Zero bring herself to see past it, see past all the time she had spent pacing in her quarters or back in her room at Starfleet Medical, wondering where Jiseth was, wondering if she still loved her Augment, wondering if she was ever going to come back.

"You left me," she managed to spit through her locked jaw.  "You abandoned me here."

Gavin had been just ready to open his mouth and answer the Romulan when he noticed a pale figure riding into his peripheral like the Horseman of ancient Earth legend.  And she who rode it had the name of Death... he thought, looking to Jiseth and back to Zero and back again.  Quickly, he grabbed up Thelos by the hand, nervously smiling at the Romulan.  "Gavin Van Gelder, nice to meet you, hope we see each other again, bye," he blurted out, dragging the Andorian away from the blast zone as quickly as he could.  There were other drink tables...with alcohol, and unoccupied by quarreling lovers.
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 3:39 pm

By the time Jiseth turned to Gavin, she could only see the back of his companion disappearing amongst the crowd. A flash of heat scorched through her, the feeling of dread and shame. There was nothing to save her now. She was in a dive, or a spin, perhaps both. Bailing out was not an option. Either she would recover or smack into a permafrost fist and find herself in the middle of a bitter tundra.

With a gulp she prepared herself. Perhaps it was her pride she had to swallow, or what was left of it. Sweat began to accumulate down her lower back. How many times had she already asked for forgiveness? She had her reasons. She had justification. None of it seemed to matter here. The time for excuses was over and the guillotine awaited.

"I would have had to leave eventually because of the limits of the exchange program... I surrendered my Romulan citizenship so I could remain here. I resigned my commission with the Romulan fleet... This holiday is about togetherness and joy and I... I want to stay."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 4:07 pm

Jiseth wrote:
By the time Jiseth turned to Gavin, she could only see the back of his companion disappearing amongst the crowd. A flash of heat scorched through her, the feeling of dread and shame. There was nothing to save her now. She was in a dive, or a spin, perhaps both. Bailing out was not an option. Either she would recover or smack into a permafrost fist and find herself in the middle of a bitter tundra.

With a gulp she prepared herself. Perhaps it was her pride she had to swallow, or what was left of it. Sweat began to accumulate down her lower back. How many times had she already asked for forgiveness? She had her reasons. She had justification. None of it seemed to matter here. The time for excuses was over and the guillotine awaited.

"I would have had to leave eventually because of the limits of the exchange program... I surrendered my Romulan citizenship so I could remain here. I resigned my commission with the Romulan fleet... This holiday is about togetherness and joy and I... I want to stay."

Zero was finding herself at a loss as to what to do. She still couldn't look at the Romulan in front of her, the one who had meant, who still meant so much to her. On the one hand, she felt so much hurt and betrayal over Jiseth's disappearance, similar to the time that she had faked her own suicide. Both occasions tore her apart inside in ways that she hadn't realised that it was possible for humans to experience.

And now, once again, Jiseth was back from the dead and asking for her forgiveness, to come back into her life. She didn't know how to react. She had no data to go on, no previous knowledge of how to deal with a lover who kept vanishing and reappearing in her life.

Wrapped up in the turmoil of thoughts in her mind, Zero didn't realise that her confusion, pain and anguish were clearly showing in her facial expressions.

She swallowed hard. "It is not my place to permit or deny you the right to stay here."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 4:11 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

From the shelter of Gabriel's embrace, Archangel felt as if she coukd face everything that came toward her.  Even S31.   Next time Ikelos showed his ugly mug to her, she was going to tell him that she was resigning.  If that meant that he wanted to kill her, then so be it.  At least her family would be safe from their dark machinations.

Pulling back from him slightly, she placed a slow, gentle kiss on his lips, the kind that she knew he liked.  "I'm going to sort this.  All of it.  I promise."

Following his gaze to the sight of their youngest daughter playing with the doll that bore an eerie resemblance to Gabriel, she clenched her jaw.  What ever I have to do, I'll do it.

It would have been easy to just lean into his wife, allowing the both of them to be held up by the comfort of each other's presence, and the tactile sensations of physical contact. Her scent. Her warmth. All of it.

However, they were still senior officers of the line, and even though they were in the middle of a party with free-flowing libations, and one that had just seen a snippity extradimensional being throw everything on its head...there were appearances. Always appearances...

"I know you'll sort it, Angel. But you're wrong about one thing - it won't be alone." He indulged himself for one more kiss. "Never alone."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 4:25 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

It would have been easy to just lean into his wife, allowing the both of them to be held up by the comfort of each other's presence, and the tactile sensations of physical contact.  Her scent.  Her warmth.  All of it.

However, they were still senior officers of the line, and even though they were in the middle of a party with free-flowing libations, and one that had just seen a snippity extradimensional being throw everything on its head...there were appearances.  Always appearances...

"I know you'll sort it, Angel.  But you're wrong about one thing - it won't be alone."  He indulged himself for one more kiss.  "Never alone."

Archangel found herself smiling slightly through the kiss, forcing herself to put the thoughts of Q and Section 31 to the back of her mind so that she could enjoy the here and now rather than being concerned with what they thought of her. What mattered was what the man in front of her thought, and what the two girls they shared their lives with thought.

Stepping out of the embrace in an attempt to maintain at least some form of command officer image rather than that of a hormonal teenager, Archangel looked down at their girls. "I believe that Christmas time is also known for its gift exchanges, and little children who are good all year long get lots of presents. Bad children don't get any presents. I wonder if Santa thinks you two have been naughty or nice this year..."

"I've been good!" Seika protested, looking up at her parents with both fear and anticipation in her expression. Archangel scooped up the five-year-old, placing a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"Oh, I can think of a few occasions when you've been naughty, 'Ika. How many times have you taken apart the holositter's mobile emitter?"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 4:45 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel found herself smiling slightly through the kiss, forcing herself to put the thoughts of Q and Section 31 to the back of her mind so that she could enjoy the here and now rather than being concerned with what they thought of her.  What mattered was what the man in front of her thought, and what the two girls they shared their lives with thought.

Stepping out of the embrace in an attempt to maintain at least some form of command officer image rather than that of a hormonal teenager, Archangel looked down at their girls.  "I believe that Christmas time is also known for its gift exchanges, and little children who are good all year long get lots of presents.  Bad children don't get any presents.  I wonder if Santa thinks you two have been naughty or nice this year..."

"I've been good!" Seika protested, looking up at her parents with both fear and anticipation in her expression.  Archangel scooped up the five-year-old, placing a gentle kiss on her forehead.  

"Oh, I can think of a few occasions when you've been naughty, 'Ika.  How many times have you taken apart the holositter's mobile emitter?"

"Yeah...you gotta remember, lil' lady, that holograms are people, too. Well. Sorta," Gabriel said, grinning broadly as his wife picked up their daughter. He did the same with Aria, who still held tightly to her Gabriel-doll. The damn thing gave him the creeps. Hopefully, she'd forget about it, and he could recycle it. "Good!" the two-year-old piped in. "Ika is good!" With that, she whapped her sister with the stuffed toy.

Gabe moved Aria a little further away from the indignant sounds that Seika made, shaking his head and smiling. "Speaking of Santa, I think it's time for two little girls to be in bed." He glanced over at his wife. "And I think we've put in plenty enough of a appearance at this party."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 4:50 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

"Yeah...you gotta remember, lil' lady, that holograms are people, too.  Well.  Sorta," Gabriel said, grinning broadly as his wife picked up their daughter.  He did the same with Aria, who still held tightly to her Gabriel-doll.  The damn thing gave him the creeps.  Hopefully, she'd forget about it, and he could recycle it.  "Good!" the two-year-old piped in.  "Ika is good!"  With that, she whapped her sister with the stuffed toy.

Gabe moved Aria a little further away from the indignant sounds that Seika made, shaking his head and smiling.  "Speaking of Santa, I think it's time for two little girls to be in bed."  He glanced over at his wife.  "And I think we've put in plenty enough of a appearance at this party."

"Awwwwww!" Seika protested at the mention of going to bed. Archangel chuckled quietly, shaking her head at the child.

"Your father's right, kila, it's already past your bedtime and you know it," she replied, shifting the girl on her hip so that she could free up one hand to tap her on the nose, turning toward the exit. "Come on. You can choose whether I play the lute for you or Daddy reads you a story."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 4:55 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Zero was finding herself at a loss as to what to do.  She still couldn't look at the Romulan in front of her, the one who had meant, who still meant so much to her.  On the one hand, she felt so much hurt and betrayal over Jiseth's disappearance, similar to the time that she had faked her own suicide.  Both occasions tore her apart inside in ways that she hadn't realised that it was possible for humans to experience.

And now, once again, Jiseth was back from the dead and asking for her forgiveness, to come back into her life.  She didn't know how to react.  She had no data to go on, no previous knowledge of how to deal with a lover who kept vanishing and reappearing in her life.  

Wrapped up in the turmoil of thoughts in her mind, Zero didn't realise that her confusion, pain and anguish were clearly showing in her facial expressions.  

She swallowed hard.  "It is not my place to permit or deny you the right to stay here."

"Yes it is."

Her reply was swift and a touch more venomous than she would have liked. She was upset and the darkening of her face, that shade of green, told all of her state of mind. Normally she could calmly and quietly run her life, but she found herself frustrated. A typical Romulan behavior. Something that drew the contempt of her Vulcan cousins as much as it did herself.

Jiseth wanted leverage, anything, to get a certain answer from Zero. Many things, hurtful things, but she banished those thoughts I'm quick succession. Looking down at the card, there was a strong urge to rip it to shreds. Fact of the matter was the Romulan felt incredibly foolish. What person in their right mind would do as she did. Perhaps another Romulan.

"You're all that's left."
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 5:01 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Gavin had been just ready to open his mouth and answer the Romulan when he noticed a pale figure riding into his peripheral like the Horseman of ancient Earth legend.  And she who rode it had the name of Death... he thought, looking to Jiseth and back to Zero and back again.  Quickly, he grabbed up Thelos by the hand, nervously smiling at the Romulan.  "Gavin Van Gelder, nice to meet you, hope we see each other again, bye," he blurted out, dragging the Andorian away from the blast zone as quickly as he could.  There were other drink tables...with alcohol, and unoccupied by quarreling lovers.

Thelos hadn't even gotten a single word in in between the time when they walked over to the Romulan to the moment Gavin tugged him away again. Which, really wasn't such a bad thing. Thelos didn't even have an inkling who she was... and Zero Alpha wasn't one to trifle with when upset.

"If you keep tugging me around like that, I'm going to get dizzy," he warned. "Who was that, anyway?" he asked curiously as they reached a relatively clear area of the room. There was alcohol there, too... which Thelos was all too happy to reach for.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 5:05 pm

Jiseth wrote:

"Yes it is."

Her reply was swift and a touch more venomous than she would have liked. She was upset and the darkening of her face, that shade of green, told all of her state of mind. Normally she could calmly and quietly run her life, but she found herself frustrated. A typical Romulan behavior. Something that drew the contempt of her Vulcan cousins as much as it did herself.

Jiseth wanted leverage, anything, to get a certain answer from Zero. Many things, hurtful things, but she banished those thoughts I'm quick succession. Looking down at the card, there was a strong urge to rip it to shreds. Fact of the matter was the Romulan felt incredibly foolish. What person in their right mind would do as she did. Perhaps another Romulan.

"You're all that's left."

Zero's head snapped around to glare at Jiseth, all of the anger, hurt and betrayal, all of the fear, pain and resignation that she felt welling up with the tears in her eyes. She raked her hands through her immaculate white hair, wishing that she could scream and tear it out.

Then the moment passed as she wrestled with the emotions running rampant through her mind, forcing them down so that she could study them later. Her expression became as impassive as the marble statue she so often resembled.

"If I am all that you have left, then you have nothing. There is nothing left inside me that I can give you. What I had, I have already given and what was left was ripped from me when you left."
Back to top Go down
Safefta Pardek
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Star Cross

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 5:16 pm

When the Q had exiled her to the corner for smashing her cup, Safefta had found herself immobilized and unable to leave her chair even if she had wanted to. Being restrained had an unprecedented effect on her. The memory of her time with the Tal'Shiar had been brought back by associations with tidal-wave like force. Even when the omnipotent being had left, Safefta had been frozen where she sat, locked in her head and nearly as white in the face as her hair.

It didn't last forever, this flashback. Eventually the Romulan regained her stoic composure- despite shaking like a string on a lute. What...? she felt confused for a moment, then remembered where she was- immediately feeling embarassed and hoping that she hadn't made a scene. Not again... Remind me to look over the exercises that my counselor had given me... they had worked well for me in the past. ... perhaps I should go back to my quarters.

No, Pardek. You shouldn't just go and leave. She didn't intend to, either... but she made it an effort to move as quickly away from the damned chair and over to the nearest drink table. Getting up and moving made the sick feeling go away a bit. "Romulan ale, please," she said. Much better... she thought. And it was. Hopefully, she could just... forget that had happened again.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 8:11 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

Thelos hadn't even gotten a single word in in between the time when they walked over to the Romulan to the moment Gavin tugged him away again. Which, really wasn't such a bad thing. Thelos didn't even have an inkling who she was... and Zero Alpha wasn't one to trifle with when upset.

"If you keep tugging me around like that, I'm going to get dizzy," he warned. "Who was that, anyway?" he asked curiously as they reached a relatively clear area of the room. There was alcohol there, too... which Thelos was all too happy to reach for.

"Don't worry," Gavin smiled, pouring Thelos a drink of something green. "I won't let you get dizzy. Either that," he shrugged, taking a shot, "or I'll just get dizzy right along with you." The drink burned like green fire down his throat and into his stomach, flushing his cheeks a bright crimson color. "Wow! That...that's green," he huskily said.

Zero and Jiseth were still deep in conversation. Gavin's heart went out to Jiseth, but...well, he didn't know her. He did know Zero, obviously. He'd very possibly tossed his career away for his distant cousin. Sometimes, he wondered if he was one of her only friends. So...it was hard not to feel a resentment toward the Romuan. "That was Jiseth. She's a pilot," he said, pouring more drink. This kind of conversation called for it. "And she and Zero are...er...were...I dunno. I have no idea what they are, right now."

Gavin reached around into his back pocket, pulling a small personal-sized padd out. He kept the device off, idly and absent-mindedly turning it over and over in his hand.

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 8:35 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Zero's head snapped around to glare at Jiseth, all of the anger, hurt and betrayal, all of the fear, pain and resignation that she felt welling up with the tears in her eyes.  She raked her hands through her immaculate white hair, wishing that she could scream and tear it out.

Then the moment passed as she wrestled with the emotions running rampant through her mind, forcing them down so that she could study them later.  Her expression became as impassive as the marble statue she so often resembled.

"If I am all that you have left, then you have nothing.  There is nothing left inside me that I can give you.  What I had, I have already given and what was left was ripped from me when you left."

The type of crash that leaves an aircraft tumbling along the ground in a ball of flame. Run, you idiot. Go ahead, that's what you're good at, remember? If there were such things as souls, hers felt like it wanted to burst from her body and fade into the ether. She made her own hell, this was only the beginning.

Jiseth could return to her drink or try to move close to Zero or just miander around the crowd. Nothing felt right. Save leaving. She came back for her child. For her lover. No one else seemed to matter as much as they which perhaps was her worst mistake. So many people, friends, she had no bond with that rivaled her's with the pale augment.

"...Good bye, e'lev." With one last deep breath she dropped the card along with her comm badge and bolted for the door. She slid through, barely, as they opened and shot down the corridor as fast as her legs could propel her. Eyesight blurred by tears, there was only a vague idea of who or what the figures were as she flew by. It didn't matter where she was heading. Just away. That would be good enough for now.

I hate holidays...
Back to top Go down
Alexander Wu
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 9:44 pm

Jiseth wrote:
Eyesight blurred by tears, there was only a vague idea of who or what the figures were as she flew by. It didn't matter where she was heading. Just away. That would be good enough for now.

I hate holidays...

[Corridor Outside]

Down the hall, Alex could hear a party in full swing, the dulled reverberations of music and cheer rising in crescendo whenever the doors slid open. More often, it was to let more merrygoers in, than out. It had been his every intention to join the festivities earlier on, had even brought a bottle of real scotch to share, but somewhere between his quarters and the alcove he now occupied, Alex's mood had rapidly changed. The happy feelings of togetherness evaporated as quickly as they had come, and the overbearing urge to be by himself had manifested themselves like so many times before. Silent and insidious, Alex was almost thankful for it's dark, lonely, company. No point in making everyone else miserable too.

He still intended on continuing to the party, but one drink had turned into two, two had turned into alot more. The bottle in Alex's hand was still about half full, and he was relatively satisfied. The bench was comfortably cushioned, and the large porthole across from him had a nice view of the starfield. I'm in no rush. Maybe when I run out. The noise rose again for a brief second, announcing another breach to the party room.

Alex wasn't sure what had peaked his interest, whether it was the rapidly approaching pace, or if he was just being nosy. Regardless, despite his reluctance to look, he glanced over at the young Romulan about to fly past. Don't say anything, he urged himself. Look at her. She probably wants to be left alone.

"You're going to make one hellava Santa, Jiseth."
Back to top Go down
Derek Black
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 12:08 am

Safefta Pardek wrote:

No, Pardek. You shouldn't just go and leave. She didn't intend to, either... but she made it an effort to move as quickly away from the damned chair and over to the nearest drink table. Getting up and moving made the sick feeling go away a bit. "Romulan ale, please," she said. Much better... she thought. And it was. Hopefully, she could just... forget that had happened again.

[Party Room]

With the party well in hand and going strong by the time Derek's shift had ended, his first destination was clearly for a fresh, inebriating, beverage. It had taken longer than usual to lock down Phoenix's flight systems, some of the components had still shown signs of damage from their previous mission. While they were docked, shipyard could finally replace their makeshift repairs, and a quick shakedown would ensure that all was well for their normal CFCO's return.

It had been a long few months, but Derek knew that the lieutenant was expected to be at the party. Another of his tasks tonight would be to find her and introduce himself, but priorities were priorities. Tapping the bartop once to get the keeper's attention, he placed his order right behind a youngling officer's. "Rye and Ginger. Double Rye, if ye please." Leaning against the counter as he waited, Derek mentioned coversationally, "You know, for some reason or another, Romulan Ale's considered illegal around most Starfleet bases."
Back to top Go down
Safefta Pardek
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Star Cross

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 12:33 am

Derek Black wrote:

[Party Room]

With the party well in hand and going strong by the time Derek's shift had ended, his first destination was clearly for a fresh, inebriating, beverage. It had taken longer than usual to lock down Phoenix's flight systems, some of the components had still shown signs of damage from their previous mission. While they were docked, shipyard could finally replace their makeshift repairs, and a quick shakedown would ensure that all was well for their normal CFCO's return.

It had been a long few months, but Derek knew that the lieutenant was expected to be at the party. Another of his tasks tonight would be to find her and introduce himself, but priorities were priorities. Tapping the bartop once to get the keeper's attention, he placed his order right behind a youngling officer's. "Rye and Ginger. Double Rye, if ye please." Leaning against the counter as he waited, Derek mentioned coversationally, "You know, for some reason or another, Romulan Ale's considered illegal around most Starfleet bases."

Given how she'd felt a moment prior, Safefta wasn't exactly too keen on conversation- or any social interaction, for that matter. She was still wondering why she was still there at all, aside from the idea of alcohol that was available and a vague sense of obligation to the people there.

With all this, she didn't really feel like responding to the sudden comment from someone she only somewhat recognized from the flight department. However, she figured that if she was going to make herself stay, she might as well bite the bullet and try to respond to attempts at conversation. "Generally, yes... I suppose then there was a benefit to the brief legalization during the Dominion war. It only made it more accessible afterwards," she said, with the air of someone reading from a rather dull textbook. Sure enough, a short while later she had a glass of the blue liquor in her hand. After all, I do believe it was the trade that was illegal... less so the ale itself, she thought boredly.

Pardek remembered it common to follow up an initial conversation reply with a greeting or a question... Or, at least... she'd seen it done before. Oh well. "Who are you?" she asked, the question not flowing well at all. I do not believe that was proper procedure.
Back to top Go down
Derek Black
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 1:01 am

Safefta Pardek wrote:

Given how she'd felt a moment prior, Safefta wasn't exactly too keen on conversation- or any social interaction, for that matter. She was still wondering why she was still there at all, aside from the idea of alcohol that was available and a vague sense of obligation to the people there.

With all this, she didn't really feel like responding to the sudden comment from someone she only somewhat recognized from the flight department. However, she figured that if she was going to make herself stay, she might as well bite the bullet and try to respond to attempts at conversation. "Generally, yes... I suppose then there was a benefit to the brief legalization during the Dominion war. It only made it more accessible afterwards," she said, with the air of someone reading from a rather dull textbook. Sure enough, a short while later she had a glass of the blue liquor in her hand. After all, I do believe it was the trade that was illegal... less so the ale itself, she thought boredly.

Pardek remembered it common to follow up an initial conversation reply with a greeting or a question... Or, at least... she'd seen it done before. Oh well. "Who are you?" she asked, the question not flowing well at all. I do not believe that was proper procedure.

Derek collected his drink from the barkeep, nodding his thanks before turning away towards Pardek. "There were alot of things which became less illegal during that war. Some for the better." He indicated towards her drink in example. "We met, briefly, during the last mission. You had the shrapnel in the shoulder, if I recall correctly. Name's Derek Black, with Flight. Yourself?"
Back to top Go down
Safefta Pardek
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Star Cross

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 1:16 am

Derek Black wrote:

Derek collected his drink from the barkeep, nodding his thanks before turning away towards Pardek. "There were alot of things which became less illegal during that war. Some for the better." He indicated towards her drink in example. "We met, briefly, during the last mission. You had the shrapnel in the shoulder, if I recall correctly. Name's Derek Black, with Flight. Yourself?"

"And some for the worse," the Romulan said, offering a shrug. When Derek mentioned the last away mission, for a moment Pardek didn't know what he was talking about.

Safefta just blinked before a look of recognition crossed her face. He memory of the incident was a little hazy after she'd been hit, especially from the telepathic painkillers that the Deltan had given her. it was just another scar, now, aside from a little aching. "Ah, yes. You were the one who likened it to a sting from a venomous insect.... not an altogether accurate comparison," she said pointedly, pausing for a sip of ale. "I suppose I should thank you, then, if that was you."

"Safefta Pardek.. Security and Tactical," she said, having realized that she'd neglected to return the introduction.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 3:53 am

Jiseth wrote:

The type of crash that leaves an aircraft tumbling along the ground in a ball of flame. Run, you idiot. Go ahead, that's what you're good at, remember? If there were such things as souls, hers felt like it wanted to burst from her body and fade into the ether. She made her own hell, this was only the beginning.

Jiseth could return to her drink or try to move close to Zero or just miander around the crowd. Nothing felt right. Save leaving. She came back for her child. For her lover. No one else seemed to matter as much as they which perhaps was her worst mistake. So many people, friends, she had no bond with that rivaled her's with the pale augment.

"...Good bye, e'lev." With one last deep breath she dropped the card along with her comm badge and bolted for the door. She slid through, barely, as they opened and shot down the corridor as fast as her legs could propel her. Eyesight blurred by tears, there was only a vague idea of who or what the figures were as she flew by. It didn't matter where she was heading. Just away. That would be good enough for now.

I hate holidays...

Seeing Jiseth leave again, especially leaving her commbadge behind, tore into Zero once again. She still wanted... She hadn't meant... Did you not? Is that not what you told her? The tears that had gathered in her eyes spilled over, leaving trails that appeared silver in the light, prompting her to swipe angrily at them. Crying was a sign of weakness that she refused to show, but they didn't seem to stop.

She bent down to pick up the card and the badge that Jiseth had dropped before running away. As she straightened up, she scanned the room for the only other person she felt was her friend and, thankfully, one who had far more experience than she did in romantic relationships.

Gavin.

Although he was standing with Thelos, she made her way over to him and held out the two objects before saying words that took a great effort to admit to:

"Please, help me. I do not comprehend."
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post of the Month - Mission
Participated in the first mission Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 9:14 am

Andrew took Sophie away from the party with one arm around her lovely waist, and had to take a deep breath to steady himself.

What had he been thinking...challenging a member of the Continuum like that? Sure, it was brave, but maybe not too bright. Of course, shortly thereafter, the woman had left, but certainly not from anything he had done. The Continuum was a trouble he had not thought on before this evening. Always his attention had been on the Borg, but the Continuum was not something he had considered thinking on. After tonight, that was a different story. Not that he saw them so much as an enemy like he did the Borg, but they were certainly something for him to begin studying on. His feeble knowledge of Time and Space was a trifle compared to what they knew.

For the moment though, all of that was shoved to the back of his mind as he focused solely on his divinely beautiful date. When they had beamed back to the PHOENIX and entered a lift; Andrew paused...suddenly realizing he was completely alone with her. He suddenly had no idea of where they should go....to her quarters...to his...or perhaps to the Arboretum? Gulping a bit, and blushing deeply; Andrew called the lift to Deck Seven...thinking a quiet walk with her in the Arboretum would be perfect.

In his pocket, he was fumbling with something he had crafted for her with the aid of the replicator. It was her Christmas present, and he had crafted it just last week completely unaware of the party at the time. He wondered if she would like it...

As the lift doors opened; Andrew led Sophie with his arm still around her waist to the Arboretum. At this hour, and with the party going on...it was completely empty of anyone else present. They had the entire place to themselves, and the lights were dimmed to match the evening hours.

"You look divine, Precious!" he whispered to her softly...his voice far warmer than it had ever been.
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 12:26 pm

"The hell I would!" Jiseth yelled back at Allen. She was less like a sleigh than freight train barreling down the halls. People made sure to get of her way.

After some time, there were fewer and fewer. Soon the only sound in the corridor was that of her rapid footsteps. How far had she gone? A kilometer? Maybe more?

Coming to an abrupt halt, she found the corridor had become a tunnel bridge connecting two neighboring sections of the station. The view ports were large and she could see most of the cavernous bay that twinkled with the lights of windows as people walked by and ships hung like ornaments.

Short of breath, the Romulan unzipped her tunic and let the top half dangle from her waist. The grey sleeveless undershirt drenched in sweat. First she put her hands to the transparent metal, relieved at how cool to the touch it was. Her forehead came next as she closed her eyes, a small patch of fog on the window near her lips.

I have nothing. I did it all for nothing... Is this what Admiral Jarok felt like? ...Humans and this holiday... They're all so damn happy. Now I'm no different to Zero than T'Koris' first is to her. Someone else will raise my child because I... I would do anything... to keep them safe. That's all I want. Why do Bajorans pray? Who's listening? Who would want to listen... To me? The Humans give each other trinkets and I... Whatever prophet or god is out there that all these species revere... I just want my daughter, after whatever happens next, to know her mother loves her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hark! (Open)
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next