Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Hark! (Open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Hark! (Open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Hark! (Open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Hark! (Open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Hark! (Open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Hark! (Open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Hark! (Open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Hark! (Open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Hark! (Open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Hark! (Open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Hark! (Open)

Go down 
+13
Jiseth
Andrew Sheridan
Thelos th'Zhela
Safefta Pardek
Raynor Hughes
Gavin Van Gelder
Gabriel Arthur
NPC
Ilana Telak
Chira Abols
Henriks Ābols
Rachel Deacon
Corman Stark
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission

Hark! (Open) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 12:24 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

[Reception Hall]

And yet it was instinctive to protect Ilana, whether a threat be foreign or...domestic.  He wrapped his arm around the Cardassian's waist, drawing her a little closer.  "Admiral," Raynor said, inclining his head in greeting.  "I am glad to see you well."  He didn't appreciate the fact that Stark made Ilana so uncomfortable, but he respected the man as a blooded warrior, many times over.  An awkward line to walk.

Corman Stark wrote:
"Ah. Right." Corman took another drink of the bourbon in his hand, sighing inwardly. Well, this went about as well as could be hoped. About as well as a clown car showing up in the middle of a kolinahr ceremony. "Well. Merry Christmas to you both," he said, nodding and turning to go. Sometimes the best loss was one you knew when to walk away from.

[Reception Hall]

It came as something of a surprise that Raynor's arm came to wrap around her waist, pulling her close to him. She didn't resist the gesture, but she was sure that the surprise would have registered on her face. She looked up at him, her eyebrow scales furrowing slightly, but then looked back at the Admiral as he turned to leave. For a moment, she watched him, then took a deep breath and stepped out of the sanctuary that Raynor's presence provided.

"A-Admiral, I... I apologise f-for the f-f-fact th-that I m-make you uncomfortable, and f-for wh-what m-m-my p-people d-d-did to you, although I kn-know th-that an a-apology w-will n-never be enough."
Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 12:47 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

It came as something of a surprise that Raynor's arm came to wrap around her waist, pulling her close to him.  She didn't resist the gesture, but she was sure that the surprise would have registered on her face.  She looked up at him, her eyebrow scales furrowing slightly, but then looked back at the Admiral as he turned to leave.  For a moment, she watched him, then took a deep breath and stepped out of the sanctuary that Raynor's presence provided.

"A-Admiral, I... I apologise f-for the f-f-fact th-that I m-make you uncomfortable, and f-for wh-what m-m-my p-people d-d-did to you, although I kn-know th-that an a-apology w-will n-never be enough."

[Reception Hall]

Sighing, Corman turned around, favoring the Cardassian with a humorless smile.  "You have nothing to apologize for, Ms. Telak."  Indeed, he knew damn well that Ilana Telak had nothing to do with what had happened decades ago, when she was a girl, or not even born yet.  He was mistrustful, not deranged.  Still...it was had to see a Cardassian's face, especially one in a Starfleet uniform.  "You will just have to...overlook...and indulge my unrecontsructed-ness.  It's a bold new world, is it not?  Plenty of time for old prejudices to be remitted to the past...where we belong."  

Stark finished off his bourbon.  He wasn't sure what number of them he was on, having stopped counting a while back.  "If you'll excuse me.  I'm off for the reliquary."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 12:58 pm

Corman Stark wrote:

[Reception Hall]

Sighing, Corman turned around, favoring the Cardassian with a humorless smile.  "You have nothing to apologize for, Ms. Telak."  Indeed, he knew damn well that Ilana Telak had nothing to do with what had happened decades ago, when she was a girl, or not even born yet.  He was mistrustful, not deranged.  Still...it was had to see a Cardassian's face, especially one in a Starfleet uniform.  "You will just have to...overlook...and indulge my unrecontsructed-ness.  It's a bold new world, is it not?  Plenty of time for old prejudices to be remitted to the past...where we belong."  

Stark finished off his bourbon.  He wasn't sure what number of them he was on, having stopped counting a while back.  "If you'll excuse me.  I'm off for the reliquary."

[Reception Hall]

There was a good deal of confusion written on Ilana's face as she stepped back to Raynor's side. Overlook his behaviour? She wasn't sure that was a request she could honour. She was nervous enough around people who didn't share the same distrust as he did for her species.

She held her drink in both hands, her expression still troubled. "I'm n-not sure I understand wh-what he said."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 1:22 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

There was a good deal of confusion written on Ilana's face as she stepped back to Raynor's side.  Overlook his behaviour?  She wasn't sure that was a request she could honour.  She was nervous enough around people who didn't share the same distrust as he did for her species.  

She held her drink in both hands, her expression still troubled.  "I'm n-not sure I understand wh-what he said."

[Reception Hall]

Raynor had decided to stand aside in this particular confrontation. While he damn sure didn't appreciate anyone making Ilana feel poorly, he also knew that Admiral Stark's ire wasn't directed immediately at her. And that made all the difference. Stark was also a blood-brother to a Klingon General, so that didn't hurt.

Smiling softly, Raynor reached out and touched Ilana under the chin, bringing her line of sight up to his. So intelligent, he thought, but still unlearned in some things. Like war. And vengeance.

"Admiral Stark is a warrior," he said. "Without a war to fight. In times of strife, society has always looked to the men and women willing to do violence in their name. But...when the peace is won, where then does the warrior go? Society is not comfortable in their presence, then. It reminds the enlightened ones how they had to stoop to the baser instincts of their reality."

He made a scoffing noise, just to show what he thought of enlightened societies. "And so...they pile laurels on their brow, give them a parade, and send them quietly into retirement to die. Or to the edge of space."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 1:46 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

[Reception Hall]

Smiling softly, Raynor reached out and touched Ilana under the chin, bringing her line of sight up to his.  So intelligent, he thought, but still unlearned in some things.  Like war.  And vengeance.

"Admiral Stark is a warrior," he said.  "Without a war to fight.  In times of strife, society has always looked to the men and women willing to do violence in their name.  But...when the peace is won, where then does the warrior go?  Society is not comfortable in their presence, then.  It reminds the enlightened ones how they had to stoop to the baser instincts of their reality."

He made a scoffing noise, just to show what he thought of enlightened societies.  "And so...they pile laurels on their brow, give them a parade, and send them quietly into retirement to die.  Or to the edge of space."

[Reception Hall]

Raynor's hand was warm against her skin as he brought her chin up so that she could look at him. She listened to his words, trying to understand them, but she wasn't a warrior. She never would be. It was so far out of her nature that it was impossible for her to understand.

What she did understand was the psychological impact that often accompanied such people. She had seen it numerous times in sickbay and, while she didn't have the knowledge or experience to treat it, she could still recognise it.

"But we sh-shouldn't feel pity for h-him though. It w-would only anger him."
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 2:04 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

"Jā," Henriks mused with a smile, "it's Christmas." But being patient was incredibly hard, he thought, where Chira was concerned, especially because she loved teasing him. He let out a feigned sigh of exasperation, which lasted only a second before a grin returned full force. "A gift exchange, mm? Good because I have something for you too," he told her, giving her a quick kiss. "There is a sad lack of mistletoe in the area," he laughed.

His gaze followed Chira's to another area of the reception hall. He saw a mixed, mingling group, including a Cardasian, Klingon, and a redshirt to boot. "Sure," he replied to his lovely lady, slipping his hand into hers, "hello's are always fun."

[Reception Hall]

Winking, Chira took the thin gift box out from under her arm, handing it to Henriks. "You can be in charge of it, for the rest of the night. Let's see how good your resolve is, hmm?" She batted her eyes, looking all-too-innocent. "Can you resist opening it, I wonder...?"

As the couple made their way over to where Raynor and Ilana stood, Chira suddenly wondered if leaving them be would have been a better idea. They seemed...quite preoccupied. "Ahm. Merry Christmas, Ilana. Mr. Hughes."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 2:47 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Raynor's hand was warm against her skin as he brought her chin up so that she could look at him.  She listened to his words, trying to understand them, but she wasn't a warrior.  She never would be.  It was so far out of her nature that it was impossible for her to understand.

What she did understand was the psychological impact that often accompanied such people.  She had seen it numerous times in sickbay and, while she didn't have the knowledge or experience to treat it, she could still recognise it.

"But we sh-shouldn't feel pity for h-him though.  It w-would only anger him."

[Reception Hall]

"Exactly," he winked, nodding. "Old warriors need not pity. Pity is for the weak, and the one who demands pity from another should just perform the hegh'bat and put themselves out of misery."

Chira Abols wrote:
As the couple made their way over to where Raynor and Ilana stood, Chira suddenly wondered if leaving them be would have been a better idea. They seemed...quite preoccupied. "Ahm. Merry Christmas, Ilana. Mr. Hughes."

Raynor glanced over as another couple approached them. It reminded him that, indeed, one of the goals of these functions was to mingle. "Dr. Abols. Counselor. It is...good to see you, again. And under better circumstances. It seems the only time we run into each other is during a crisis."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 3:11 pm

Chira Abols wrote:

Raynor Hughes wrote:

[Reception Hall]

"Exactly," he winked, nodding.  "Old warriors need not pity.  Pity is for the weak, and the one who demands pity from another should just perform the hegh'bat and put themselves out of misery."

Raynor glanced over as another couple approached them.  It reminded him that, indeed, one of the goals of these functions was to mingle.  "Dr. Abols.  Counselor.  It is...good to see you, again.  And under better circumstances.  It seems the only time we run into each other is during a crisis."

[Reception Hall]

Before Ilana could reply to Raynor, they were joined by two medical personnel that she was vaguely acquainted with. She managed a faint smile at them, inclining her head. Chira and Henriks had been recently married and, while the Cardassian was pleased for the counsellor, she found herself wondering if she would ever settle down in that manner. Did she want to?

"M-merry Ch-Christmas to you too," she said, remembering enough of human customs to lift her glass slightly to them.
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 12:15 pm

Chira Abols wrote:

[Reception Hall]

Winking, Chira took the thin gift box out from under her arm, handing it to Henriks.  "You can be in charge of it, for the rest of the night.  Let's see how good your resolve is, hmm?"  She batted her eyes, looking all-too-innocent.  "Can you resist opening it, I wonder...?"

As the couple made their way over to where Raynor and Ilana stood, Chira suddenly wondered if leaving them be would have been a better idea.  They seemed...quite preoccupied.  "Ahm.  Merry Christmas, Ilana.  Mr. Hughes."
Raynor Hughes wrote:

Raynor glanced over as another couple approached them. It reminded him that, indeed, one of the goals of these functions was to mingle. "Dr. Abols. Counselor. It is...good to see you, again. And under better circumstances. It seems the only time we run into each other is during a crisis."

Henriks took the box as Chira pressed it into his hands, taking the brief transference as a moment to study the box. It wasn't very large and didn't rattle when it moved. The shiny wrapping paper that covered it crinkled slightly as he tucked it under his own arm. "As long as you bade me," he replied, slipping his hand back into Chira's.

"Sveiki," he said by way of greeting, when they approached Hughes and Telak. "And Merry Christmas." It was a very merry Christmas, he thought. So many bright colors and decorations, the anticipation for the big holiday still to come. It was all one big adrenaline rush, and it would have been enough to make him bouncy, but instead he added, "Yes, it is good to be meeting under better circumstances."
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post of the Month - Mission
Participated in the first mission Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 1:37 pm

Andrew couldn't tell if Sophie really didn't understand his question regarding the invitation he'd given to her to join him along with the flowers, but with her suddenly looking to the Captain's daughter walking...the question seemed mute. So, Andrew decided to let it go, and smiled as his own eyes fell on the Captain's little girl.

"She does appear to be walking now, and I am guessing by everyone's expression that this is a new thing," Andrew stated. He was not one to notice the affairs of the families aboard, but it was good if such fortune had come to the Captain's little girl. He smiled as he watched her walking and playing, and then turned to smile warmly at Sophie.

"Would you like some refreshment?" he asked her tenderly, and found himself blushing as his eyes roved over her appreciatively again. Andrew couldn't help it, but reached for a glass as he waited for her choice to be known. It seemed everyone was having a good time though.
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 7:07 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Raynor glanced over as another couple approached them.  It reminded him that, indeed, one of the goals of these functions was to mingle.  "Dr. Abols.  Counselor.  It is...good to see you, again.  And under better circumstances.  It seems the only time we run into each other is during a crisis."

Ilana Telak wrote:
"M-merry Ch-Christmas to you too," she said, remembering enough of human customs to lift her glass slightly to them.

Well. This isn't really going as smoothly as I'd hoped. Actually, it appeared that the Klingon and Cardassian would rather be off by themselves at the moment. Even if she hadn't made a career out of reading people's body language, she probably would have picked up on it. Chira smiled, inclining her head. "And Merry Christmas to you both. Enjoy the party," she said, leading Henriks back over toward the center of the room.

"I love the Starfleet Band," she purred, glancing at the gift under his arm. "We can dance...but if you wanna go on and open your present..." suddenly, her cheeks flushed, and she looked slightly uncertain. The uncertainty was gone almost as soon as it appeared, though. "I won't mind. I don't think Santa would, either."
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 7:20 am

Andrew Sheridan wrote:
Andrew couldn't tell if Sophie really didn't understand his question regarding the invitation he'd given to her to join him along with the flowers, but with her suddenly looking to the Captain's daughter walking...the question seemed mute.  So, Andrew decided to let it go, and smiled as his own eyes fell on the Captain's little girl.

"She does appear to be walking now, and I am guessing by everyone's expression that this is a new thing," Andrew stated.  He was not one to notice the affairs of the families aboard, but it was good if such fortune had come to the Captain's little girl.  He smiled as he watched her walking and playing, and then turned to smile warmly at Sophie.

"Would you like some refreshment?" he asked her tenderly, and found himself blushing as his eyes roved over her appreciatively again.  Andrew couldn't help it, but reached for a glass as he waited for her choice to be known.  It seemed everyone was having a good time though.

Hark! (Open) - Page 4 Sophie3_zps7c854272
SCPO Sophie Callan

Whatever Andrew had meant, apparently the man had decided to shift tracks and go on with something else.  Sophie gave a little mental shrug.  If he was at least half as nervous right now as she was...well.  He was probably doing alright just to be on two legs and functioning.

"I'd love some," she said, grinning.  "I think some of the punch is spiked.  I'll go for that."  Starship life was rather...encapsulating...and the chance to drink real alcohol freely (and not have to be a damn Klingon in the process) was not something that she liked to pass up.  "I wonder if those trees are replicated," she asked, as they moved over toward a table.  "Probably so.  Dad used to cut a real one for Christmas each year.  A big juniper.  That's what grew a lot, where I'm from."
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 8:02 am

Andrew listened to his date as she spoke of her home and Christmas while pouring her some of the more interesting punch that was sure to have been spiked. He, personally, had never consumed alcohol of any kind. For some reason, such had just never come up. Andrew wondered if he would even like such stuff, but as this was a party....well there was no harm in trying it. Mixed in with punch, it wasn't likely to be as powerful. So, he decided to make to glasses...one for each of them, and then with a smile handed her one of them.

"To a new beginning," Andrew said with a warmer smile than normal for his companion. Sophie was indeed stunningly glowing, and he couldn't help enjoying her presence. She felt about as nervous as he did. Lightly he clinked his glass to her's, and then took a couple of small swallows of the savory liquid. It left a tingling sensation in his mouth, and seemed to his nervous system with a slow spread of the same feeling. The punch was a variety of flavors....not all of which he could identify.

Realizing she was likely as nervous as he was caused him to do something he never would have thought of before. Andrew stepped closer to her, and whispered as music began to play from somewhere.

"Would you like to dance?" he invited quietly...his voice a tad husky...warm and inviting as he took one of her hands.
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 1:11 pm

Chira Abols wrote:

Well.  This isn't really going as smoothly as I'd hoped.  Actually, it appeared that the Klingon and Cardassian would rather be off by themselves at the moment.  Even if she hadn't made a career out of reading people's body language, she probably would have picked up on it.  Chira smiled, inclining her head.  "And Merry Christmas to you both.  Enjoy the party," she said, leading Henriks back over toward the center of the room.

"I love the Starfleet Band," she purred, glancing at the gift under his arm.  "We can dance...but if you wanna go on and open your present..." suddenly, her cheeks flushed, and she looked slightly uncertain.  The uncertainty was gone almost as soon as it appeared, though.  "I won't mind.  I don't think Santa would, either."

Henriks followed gladly to the center of the room. His foot had begun to tap merrily when he heard Chira purr, a wonderful sound that always sent a tingling sensation down his spine. "Yes, they are very good," he agreed. But not half so lovely as you, he thought to himself with a schoolboy's foolish grin. The music was lovely, and when she suggested they dance, it only seem further proof to him that she had the ability to read his mind. Henriks would have been only to happy to oblige, but he still had something tucked away under his arms.

His eyes lit like a kid on Christmas morning. Try as he might, he could not contain this. He peeled the wrapping from the box, pausing briefly as he reached the lid. When he lifted it, he found a padd within. An usual gift, he mused. Unless... was there something more? He tapped the screen to wake the padd to wake it and see what secrets it held. Henriks nearly dropped the padd when it did. Instead he wrapped his arms around Chira, resting his head on her shoulder. "We're going to be parents!" he exclaimed in delight, whispering for fear that his voice would crack. Grinning, he pulled back so that he could give his lady a proper kiss.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 4:19 pm

Andrew Sheridan wrote:

"Would you like to dance?" he invited quietly...his voice a tad husky...warm and inviting as he took one of her hands.

Archangel had been rescuing one of her daughters from being caught up in tinsel when she spotted Ensign Sheridan once again, standing with the Phoenix's Chief of Operations. She smiled slightly, remembering the box she carried in one pocket, out of reach of curious little hands.

Knowing that if she didn't do something now, she might not get another chance, she made her way over to the couple, inclining her head to the pair of them.

"My apologies for the intrusion, Chief, Ensign. I wanted to discuss something with you, Mr Sheridan. It will only take a minute."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 5:38 pm

Chira Abols wrote:

Chira smiled, inclining her head.  "And Merry Christmas to you both.  Enjoy the party," she said, leading Henriks back over toward the center of the room.

[Reception Hall]

Ilana watched with some degree of confusion as Chira and Henriks disappeared into the gathering of Starfleet Personnel and their families, wondering what she had said or done to provoke their leaving. Sometimes, she really wondered whether or not she really understood humans. They were such strange creatures.

She looked up at Raynor, watching his expression to see how he was taking the abrupt departure of the couple, then looked around at the people. More had arrived and the hall was starting to look quite busy.

She thought about Chira and Henriks, then about Archangel and Gabriel. They all had something that she had trouble comprehending: contentment in a stable romantic relationship. She had a (somewhat) stable friendship with Raynor. He was her best friend. But a romantic relationship? She had no idea how to even start one.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 7:05 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:
Ilana watched with some degree of confusion as Chira and Henriks disappeared into the gathering of Starfleet Personnel and their families, wondering what she had said or done to provoke their leaving.  Sometimes, she really wondered whether or not she really understood humans.  They were such strange creatures.

She looked up at Raynor, watching his expression to see how he was taking the abrupt departure of the couple, then looked around at the people.  More had arrived and the hall was starting to look quite busy.

She thought about Chira and Henriks, then about Archangel and Gabriel.  They all had something that she had trouble comprehending:  contentment in a stable romantic relationship.  She had a (somewhat) stable friendship with Raynor.  He was her best friend.  But a romantic relationship?  She had no idea how to even start one.

"Hah," Raynor laughed, shaking his shaggy head and grinning as the pair of doctors left. "I wouldn't worry overmuch about them, Lana. Those two appear to be more interested in one another than hanging around and talking to the pair of us."

Moving off, the Klingon gently guided Ilana along with him. "Music's starting up," he murmured. "Sadly, the only dances I know involve the bat'leth and the mek'leth. So. I believe that drawing blades is what humans would refer to as...a party foul."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 7:20 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"Hah," Raynor laughed, shaking his shaggy head and grinning as the pair of doctors left.  "I wouldn't worry overmuch about them, Lana.  Those two appear to be more interested in one another than hanging around and talking to the pair of us."  

Moving off, the Klingon gently guided Ilana along with him.  "Music's starting up," he murmured.  "Sadly, the only dances I know involve the bat'leth and the mek'leth.  So.  I believe that drawing blades is what humans would refer to as...a party foul."

With the warm hand on her back to help guide her thought the people gathered in the reception hall, Ilana found herself appreciating the how close Raynor was. While not an unfamiliar sensation, since they had often curled up together while he ensured that she actually slept rather than work herself into the ground, she found it strange that she felt this sense of warmth towards him rather than the contentment he brought her before.

The subject of dancing brought her mind out from that particular psychological puzzle and she pulled a face. "I d-don't know how to dance either," she admitted, shrugging one shoulder. "Maybe it w-would be better if we r-refrained from the activity. We wouldn't want t-to commit a... party fowl?" She looked confused for a moment. "When d-do certain species b-become classified as being s-specific to p-parties?"
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 9:34 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

Henriks followed gladly to the center of the room. His foot had begun to tap merrily when he heard Chira purr, a wonderful sound that always sent a tingling sensation down his spine. "Yes, they are very good," he agreed. But not half so lovely as you, he thought to himself with a schoolboy's foolish grin. The music was lovely, and when she suggested they dance, it only seem further proof to him that she had the ability to read his mind. Henriks would have been only to happy to oblige, but he still had something tucked away under his arms.

His eyes lit like a kid on Christmas morning. Try as he might, he could not contain this. He peeled the wrapping from the box, pausing briefly as he reached the lid. When he lifted it, he found a padd within. An usual gift, he mused. Unless... was there something more? He tapped the screen to wake the padd to wake it and see what secrets it held. Henriks nearly dropped the padd when it did. Instead he wrapped his arms around Chira, resting his head on her shoulder. "We're going to be parents!" he exclaimed in delight, whispering for fear that his voice would crack. Grinning, he pulled back so that he could give his lady a proper kiss.

Ah, there's the look, Chira thought, a smile curling her lips as Henriks tore through the gift wrap, taking the padd out. She held her breath as he read the screen's contents. It was involuntary...Chira knew in her heart that he'd be happy with the news, but still...

And then his arms went around her, and his voice whispered in her ear. Chira returned his kiss with a passion that would have been quite inappropriate, had the setting been a bit different. She smiled as his lips were against hers, gently guiding his hand to her abdomen. "I love you," she breathed, happy tears filling the corner of her eyes. "You're going to be a wonderful father."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 9:54 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

With the warm hand on her back to help guide her thought the people gathered in the reception hall, Ilana found herself appreciating the how close Raynor was.  While not an unfamiliar sensation, since they had often curled up together while he ensured that she actually slept rather than work herself into the ground, she found it strange that she felt this sense of warmth towards him rather than the contentment he brought her before.

The subject of dancing brought her mind out from that particular psychological puzzle and she pulled a face.  "I d-don't know how to dance either," she admitted, shrugging one shoulder.  "Maybe it w-would be better if we r-refrained from the activity.  We wouldn't want t-to commit a... party fowl?"  She looked confused for a moment.  "When d-do certain species b-become classified as being s-specific to p-parties?"

Raynor cocked an eyebrow, trying to process what Ilana was getting at, talking about species and all, and...oh, of course, he thought, grinning happily. Partying fowls. Of course.

The Klingon shook his head, smiling. He reached over, running his thumb along her lower lip, as gently as if she were one of his flowers. "Lana," he said, his voice low and quiet. "You're beautiful. And intelligent. So why is it that you keep company with a lout like me?"
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 1:39 am

Andrew was taken by surprise for a moment at the Captain's sudden desire to speak to him. He wondered if perhaps a new mission needed his immediate attention, or perhaps there was something wrong on the ship that required him to return and deal with. Either way, Andrew was prepared to handle it...though it meant possibly leaving the stunningly beautiful Sophie alone.

"Of course, Captain," he said with a polite nod....squeezing Sophie's hand tenderly as he did.

What was going on; Andrew had no idea. He was fairly sure the ship was okay. After all, he had been the last Ops duty officer aboard her to make sure all was well after the starship had docked. Nothing had been out of the ordinary then. The repairs from the pirate fight had already been taken care of before their arrival, and any minor details had already been forwarded to the Chief Engineer of Starbase Athena.

So, what was it the Captain wanted to see him about....?
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 4:34 am

Andrew Sheridan wrote:

"Of course, Captain," he said with a polite nod....squeezing Sophie's hand tenderly as he did.

What was going on; Andrew had no idea.  He was fairly sure the ship was okay.  After all, he had been the last Ops duty officer aboard her to make sure all was well after the starship had docked.  Nothing had been out of the ordinary then.  The repairs from the pirate fight had already been taken care of before their arrival, and any minor details had already been forwarded to the Chief Engineer of Starbase Athena.

So, what was it the Captain wanted to see him about....?

For someone with Archangel's training and experience in reading people, it was fairly easy to read the faint flickers of Ensign Sheridan's face as he worked through whatever thoughts were going through his head. If I was in his position, she thought to herself, I'd be scared that I had done something wrong.

So as not to keep the poor man in suspense, the young captain reached into her pocket and pulled out a velvet-covered box, small enough to fit easily into the palm of her hand. Inside was a hollow pip, to raise his rank to that of Lieutenant Junior Grade.

She could clearly remember when her commanding officer back at the Starfleet Engineering research facility had done the same for her. She had been shipped out to her first deep space assignment after that, the USS Discovery. An assignment that had changed her life. Now she stood in his shoes, promoting one of the most promising young ensigns she had ever met and looking forward to watching his career progress.
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 8:01 am

Andrew Sheridan still couldn't believe what he was seeing...a promotion pip for him! It would raise him from the rank of Ensign to Lieutenant J.G. He glanced a couple of times from the pip shinning in the velvet box she had opened to his Captain's eyes, and back. With Sophie's hand in his still; it felt like all of the trials and heartaches from his past had suddenly begun to be worth it. After all, here he was at a Christmas party with a beautiful woman on his first date, and his Captain was promoting him all at the same time.

Life, he decided, couldn't have been any better at that particular moment.

"Thank you, Captain," he said in quiet awe as he took the box from her reverently. For a moment, he bowed his head just gazing at the new pip he would later add to his uniform. When he looked back up at his Captain; his gaze contained all of his gratitude, and the strong sense of duty, honor, and promise to aid her and the ship anyway he could. He didn't have to say any of this....not one word escaped his lips beyond the initial thanks given. It was all right there for Archangel to read in his eyes.

Feeling quite formal; though it was not Starfleet's way of accepting a promotion...Andrew Sheridan stepped back just tad with Sophie, and then bowed low to his Captain in acceptance.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 8:10 am

Standing outside the reception area, Gavin could already hear the sounds of a party in full swing. There was a tapestry of voices, as well as a band playing Christmas music from Old Earth. He wondered whose idea that was. Probably Stark's. That guy seemed to be a walking museum piece.

Gavin grinned, glancing over to Thelos with a wink. "It'll be alright, Thel," the young Science officer said, smoothing the front of the colorful sweater he was wearing. "It's only Christmas." The sweater itself was red and white and green, with a tessellating pattern of reindeer heads. It had been a...gift...from his mischievous sister, Iliza. He'd have to remember to pay her back, at some point. Under his arm he carried a slim package, wrapped with a bow. "Just smile and nod and drink."
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 8:19 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:
Standing outside the reception area, Gavin could already hear the sounds of a party in full swing.  There was a tapestry of voices, as well as a band playing Christmas music from Old Earth.  He wondered whose idea that was.  Probably Stark's.  That guy seemed to be a walking museum piece.

Gavin grinned, glancing over to Thelos with a wink.  "It'll be alright, Thel," the young Science officer said, smoothing the front of the colorful sweater he was wearing.  "It's only Christmas."  The sweater itself was red and white and green, with a tessellating pattern of reindeer heads.  It had been a...gift...from his mischievous sister, Iliza.  He'd have to remember to pay her back, at some point.  Under his arm he carried a slim package, wrapped with a bow.  "Just smile and nod and drink."

As flamboyantly and friendly as Thelos could act in sickbay or alone with Gavin, at the moment he was rather silent and observant of just what was going on around him. There were the bright colours everywhere, including on Gavin's sweater. Thelos wasn't wearing anything so... festive, although he was comfortably in civilian clothing -a brown long sleeved shirt and comfortable pants- rather than his uniform.

He was also a little nervous, one, about how many people would be around him and see him with Gavin -I hate thinking like that.... but also what the hell he was supposed to be doing at this party anyway.

Thankfully, Gavin seemed to have practically read his mind and comforted him with only a few sentences. Smile, nod, and drink. All things Thelos was good at.

"That's nice music I hear," he commented.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hark! (Open)
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next