Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Hark! (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Hark! (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Hark! (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Hark! (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Hark! (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Hark! (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Hark! (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Hark! (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Hark! (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Hark! (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Hark! (Open)

Go down 
+13
Jiseth
Andrew Sheridan
Thelos th'Zhela
Safefta Pardek
Raynor Hughes
Gavin Van Gelder
Gabriel Arthur
NPC
Ilana Telak
Chira Abols
Henriks Ābols
Rachel Deacon
Corman Stark
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member

Hark! (Open) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 8:23 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Reception Hall]

Gabe also watched as Sekia walked away, marveling again at her recovery.  Not like it had been a fast process or anything, but...  He still remembered the day that the doctors had told them that it would be possibly a matter of years and not months for her.  

Turning back to the admiral, he reached over to the table and poured himself a drink as well.  It was good Kentucky bourbon.  From what he'd heard, that would be Admiral Stark's doing.  "A short while ago," he began, "Arch and I were visited by a young girl named Sarah Walker, freshly transferred to the ship.  She's Mary Walker, of the Starfleet JAG's daughter.  I was wondering what you knew about her...specifically if anyone in particular pushed to get her assigned to the Phoenix."

[Reception Hall]

Taking a sip of her drink, Rachel carefully thought through the various personnel transfers she had signed off, trying to remember anyone by the name of Sarah Walker coming across her desk.

"Hm... I'll need to check my records again, but I think she was specifically assigned to the Phoenix by Starfleet Command. I didn't think anything of it at the time as we are rather short handed out here. Do you have any particular concerns about her?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.aurorafleet.org
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post of the Month - Mission
Participated in the first mission Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 11:46 am

[quote="Sophie Callan"][Quarters]

Shaking her head and smiling, Sophie stood in front of her small mirror, adjusting the green dress she so rarely wore.  She'd planned on completely skipping out of this gathering...up until about ten minutes ago.  Even though she was a department head, her NCO status gave her the flexibility to opt away from gatherings of top brass.  

That was, until she'd received flowers?  It was such a wonderfully old-fashioned gesture that it'd taken her quite aback, until she saw who they were from.  And that didn't surprise me in the least bit, she thought, smiling again.

Sophie glanced down to her chronometer, knowing that Sheridan, having received her affirmative, would be here soon.  She knew he'd be on time.  What Ops officer wasn't punctual?/[quote]

Andrew had forgone his traditional uniform when he had first gone to the party, but had elected to wear the deep emerald green tunic edged in gold along with the black slacks his Vulcan foster mother had made for him before he graduated from the Academy.  His shoes, as always, were neatly polished.

When Sophie had accepted; Andrew heart had actually skipped a beat.  Such a sensation was new for the young Ops officer, and he found he rather enjoyed it.  One minute before he was due to arrive; Andrew Sheridan was outside Sophie's door, and after a deep breath...still blushing slightly at what he was doing....he pushed the buzzard to announce he arrival.  It reminded him of how a young man would ring the doorbell when picking up his date from novels he had read.

A Date!  Mother, I am actually going on a date!  You and Father would never believe it! he thought with silent laughter, and then his mind was focused on the moment...all else suddenly drained away from him.  Time seemed to slow and funnel to this one moment in his life.  Gone were the tiny sounds that always accompanied a starship...even when she was sitting in dock.  What crew were still aboard no longer could be heard.  Everything funneled to this one instance as he waited for Sophie to open the door....gulping hard.....and taking another deep breath.....
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 1:24 pm

Chira Abols wrote:

[Reception Hall]

Giggling slightly, Chira gave an amused kiss to the reddening cheeks of her husband.  He seemed to be scanning the crowd for someone, but Chira wasn't quite sure of who is was.  "Any time you need someone to talk to, Zero...my door's open.  You don't even have to ask."

She glanced at the drink table, knowing how nice some of that weird Romulan drink that Jiseth favored would be.  However, she had to be careful of what she consumed, now.  "Um.  Just some apple cider, I think.  Not of the hard variety," she grinned.  "Apple cider from my Apple.  How appropriate."

The feel of Chira against his skin, as ever, had a calming experience on him. His muscles relaxed, and his grin eased into a comfortable smile. "As you wish, m'lady," he mused, the corners of his mouth twitching further upward for another grin. He kissed her hand before parting, briefly, to find some drinks for Chira and himself, humming as he walked. The specified remark, "not of the hard variety" gave him some pause. Did that mean anything? Or was he just overthinking things? Both were more than possible, so he put no more thought to the matter. He would find out soon enough if it was important. But right now, Chira needed a drink.

Henriks grinned as he approached Amos, a good friend he'd not seen since being reassigned with Chira to the Phoenix. He'd only known Amos for a short time, but the two had quickly become friends. And he had much to thank Amos for... helping him propose, and all that followed. "Henriks!" Amos bellowed with a laugh when he saw him. "What can I do for you today, my friend?"

"I'm just looking to find two spiced apple ciders."

"Hard or regular?" Amos asked with a laugh.

"Regular," Henriks replied. He suddenly found two cups shoved into his hands, Amos giving him a good solid slap to the back. "Good to see you again."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 8:40 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Taking Raynor's arm, the Cardassian smiled slightly.  She felt at home here, close to him, at peace.  She knew that she could come to no harm while he was around, not while he could prevent it.  It took away a lot of the loneliness that she felt, being one of the few Cardassians in the Fleet.

Before they could leave, she quickly picked up a hypo from her work station, pressing it into the side of her neck and releasing a dose of its contents.  She offered Raynor a smile.  "J-just an anti-inflammatory and p-painkiller," she assured him.  "I d-don't have to take it f-for much longer."

As they left her quarters, she walked alongside him, having to hurry to keep up with his long stride.  He seemed to be a little... off today, but she couldn't put her finger on it.  She mentally shrugged, putting it down to not being particularly eager to spend time with a lot of officers while pretending to be sociable.

[Quarters]

Raynor grunted in acknowledgement of the painkiller, but didn't say anything further. He knew that he couldn't be with her at all times, and that her job as a Starfleet officer required she be in danger. Besides, it would do her a dishonor to suggest that she couldn't handle her own threats, rigors, and danger. And so he said no more on it.

Inside, though...yes. He would have been perfectly happy with hovering over her like a great protective hawk.

[Reception Hall]

"And...it begins," Raynor grinned, winking at Ilana. "I'm for the drink table...I don't know about you." He also wanted to go that way because Admiral Stark was elsewhere. Raynor respected the man as a warrior, but he knew that Stark made Ilana uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 8:46 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

[Quarters]

Raynor grunted in acknowledgement of the painkiller, but didn't say anything further.  He knew that he couldn't be with her at all times, and that her job as a Starfleet officer required she be in danger.  Besides, it would do her a dishonor to suggest that she couldn't handle her own threats, rigors, and danger.  And so he said no more on it.

Inside, though...yes.  He would have been perfectly happy with hovering over her like a great protective hawk.

[Reception Hall]

"And...it begins," Raynor grinned, winking at Ilana.  "I'm for the drink table...I don't know about you."  He also wanted to go that way because Admiral Stark was elsewhere.  Raynor respected the man as a warrior, but he knew that Stark made Ilana uncomfortable.

[Reception Hall]

It felt natural to be walking alongside Raynor again, something Ilana had missed while he had been away on his homeworld and she had been serving temporarily on the Phoenix. Arriving at the gathering, however, put a bit of a damper on her good mood though, especially when she spotted Admiral Stark among their number. His open dislike for Cardassians was well known and his presence there made her distinctly uncomfortable and nervous.

"I th-think I w-w-will a-avoid alcohol th-this t-t-time," she replied with a slight smile, her nervousness creeping through in her stammer. Her last encounter with alcohol had not ended well and she was in no hurry to repeat the experience.
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 9:14 pm

Andrew Sheridan wrote:

Andrew had forgone his traditional uniform when he had first gone to the party, but had elected to wear the deep emerald green tunic edged in gold along with the black slacks his Vulcan foster mother had made for him before he graduated from the Academy.  His shoes, as always, were neatly polished.

When Sophie had accepted; Andrew heart had actually skipped a beat.  Such a sensation was new for the young Ops officer, and he found he rather enjoyed it.  One minute before he was due to arrive; Andrew Sheridan was outside Sophie's door, and after a deep breath...still blushing slightly at what he was doing....he pushed the buzzard to announce he arrival.  It reminded him of how a young man would ring the doorbell when picking up his date from novels he had read.

A Date!  Mother, I am actually going on a date!  You and Father would never believe it! he thought with silent laughter, and then his mind was focused on the moment...all else suddenly drained away from him.  Time seemed to slow and funnel to this one moment in his life.  Gone were the tiny sounds that always accompanied a starship...even when she was sitting in dock.  What crew were still aboard no longer could be heard.  Everything funneled to this one instance as he waited for Sophie to open the door....gulping hard.....and taking another deep breath.....

Hark! (Open) - Page 3 Sophie3_zps7c854272
SCPO Sophie Callan

[Quarters]

"Hey, you," Sophie said, beaming a happy grin as her door opened and revealed one somewhat uncomfortable-looking Andrew Sheridan.  She noted what he was wearing, wondering if they were Vulcan.  At least, the only time she'd seen that style was on Vulcans.  I think there's still quite a bit to be learned about you, Sheridan, she thought.  "Nice threads!  You look quite distinguished.  Thank you for the flowers, by the way," she added, her cheeks flushing just a bit.  "They were lovely."

Looking down at her dress, and back up to him, Sophie gave a quick laugh.  "Ah.  I...I guess we should get down there, huh?  I don't suppose we should skip out on the office Christmas party."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 9:24 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

It felt natural to be walking alongside Raynor again, something Ilana had missed while he had been away on his homeworld and she had been serving temporarily on the Phoenix.  Arriving at the gathering, however, put a bit of a damper on her good mood though, especially when she spotted Admiral Stark among their number.  His open dislike for Cardassians was well known and his presence there made her distinctly uncomfortable and nervous.

"I th-think I w-w-will a-avoid alcohol th-this t-t-time," she replied with a slight smile, her nervousness creeping through in her stammer.  Her last encounter with alcohol had not ended well and she was in no hurry to repeat the experience.

[Reception Hall]

Cracking open one of his warnogs, Raynor took a long pull from it. It was just room temperature. Perfect. "Your choice, of course," he grinned, remembering the multi-round fight she'd had with a hangover while on Risa. The Klingon couldn't help but note how nervous that something had made her, and it didn't require a Vulcan mind to decipher what it was. Raynor found it hard to begrudge Stark his prejudices - had the Cardassians done to him what had been done to the admiral, Raynor wondered whether he would feel the same way. Knowing the long, bloody ancestral memory of the Klingon people, he figured that he would.

Leaning in, Raynor placed a gentle kiss on the top of Ilana's forehead. "But. In the proper moderation? Alcohol make events like this go a lot better."
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 10:13 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

The feel of Chira against his skin, as ever, had a calming experience on him. His muscles relaxed, and his grin eased into a comfortable smile. "As you wish, m'lady," he mused, the corners of his mouth twitching further upward for another grin. He kissed her hand before parting, briefly, to find some drinks for Chira and himself, humming as he walked. The specified remark, "not of the hard variety" gave him some pause. Did that mean anything? Or was he just overthinking things? Both were more than possible, so he put no more thought to the matter. He would find out soon enough if it was important. But right now, Chira needed a drink.

Henriks grinned as he approached Amos, a good friend he'd not seen since being reassigned with Chira to the Phoenix. He'd only known Amos for a short time, but the two had quickly become friends. And he had much to thank Amos for... helping him propose, and all that followed. "Henriks!" Amos bellowed with a laugh when he saw him. "What can I do for you today, my friend?"

"I'm just looking to find two spiced apple ciders."

"Hard or regular?" Amos asked with a laugh.

"Regular," Henriks replied. He suddenly found two cups shoved into his hands, Amos giving him a good solid slap to the back. "Good to see you again."

[Reception Hall]

"Hey, Amos," Chira greeted, following her husband over to where some drinks were being served. "What are you two over here planning, hm? I seem to recall that the last time you put your heads together, it resulted in me being a married woman..." Leaning in, Chira landed a quick peck on Henriks' cheek. "Not that I'm complaining, of course." She took one of the ciders, sipping it. "It's great! Tastes almost like the stuff my grandparents would press every fall."

She took another sip, gracing Henriks with a small and knowing smile. "I see that beautiful brain of yours working, Abols. You're putting together why I'm asking for a non-hard cider. Well...I'm not gonna tell you just yet. What'd be the fun in that!"
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 7:11 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

[Reception Hall]

Cracking open one of his warnogs, Raynor took a long pull from it.  It was just room temperature.  Perfect.  "Your choice, of course," he grinned, remembering the multi-round fight she'd had with a hangover while on Risa.  The Klingon couldn't help but note how nervous that something had made her, and it didn't require a Vulcan mind to decipher what it was.  Raynor found it hard to begrudge Stark his prejudices - had the Cardassians done to him what had been done to the admiral, Raynor wondered whether he would feel the same way.  Knowing the long, bloody ancestral memory of the Klingon people, he figured that he would.

Leaning in, Raynor placed a gentle kiss on the top of Ilana's forehead.  "But.  In the proper moderation?  Alcohol make events like this go a lot better."  

[Reception hall]

Ilana smiled slightly at the gentle prodding Raynor was giving her in regards to drinking, but she could also remember the previous time and, as it had been with the previous time, she was once again under medication. The factors indicating another night by the toilet should she drink were adding up.

Looking at the table, she spied some fruit juice and poured herself a glass. "Th-this will do me, I think."

As she straightened up again, she found Raynor's lips gently leaving a kiss on her forehead. She blushed slightly, smiling up at him. Although she knew that he would have to leave again fr his duties as an exchange officer, she found herself almost dreading that time.
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 8:54 am

Outside Sophie Callan's Quarters

When she greeted him in a dress that just happened to be in his favorite color...he could only blink at the beautiful woman before him. She seemed truly happy to see him...beaming with joy at his presence, and he found himself returning the smile warmly...something he had never done before. If his cheeks were not flushed before; then they most certainly were now. Andrew just gazed into her eyes for several heartbeats before allowing his eyes to rove over her figure in the green dress she wore. He gulped hard as he realized that just how stunningly beautiful Sophie was. Starfleet uniforms simply did not do justice to her looks clearly...

"You....look stunningly beautiful!" Andrew stated softly in complete awe of her as his eyes met her's again. He was a tad surprised he could even speak...much less compliment her. After all, this was all so new to him.

When she looked down...he was astonished. Was she actually bashful as well? He had no idea, but it warmed his heart somehow in a way he could not put into words. Sophie's question made him blink for a moment, because he wasn't entirely sure what to make of her suggestion. He was a complete bundle of nerves, and was sure his foster mother on Vulcan would not be pleased with him for his lack of internal control. Not that such mattered to him at that moment, because all of him...every fiber of his being was focused on Sophie...the beautiful woman before him.

"Perhaps we can...leave early," Andrew suggested after taking her left hand and kissing it ever so lightly while bowing. When he straightened up; it was again to have their eyes meet.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 11:44 am

Rachel Deacon wrote:

Taking a sip of her drink, Rachel carefully thought through the various personnel transfers she had signed off, trying to remember anyone by the name of Sarah Walker coming across her desk.

"Hm... I'll need to check my records again, but I think she was specifically assigned to the Phoenix by Starfleet Command.  I didn't think anything of it at the time as we are rather short handed out here.  Do you have any particular concerns about her?"

[Reception Hall]

Particular concerns? Oh, yes, indeed... Gabriel thought, sighing quietly. "Well. A little, yes...did you know that she was Archangel's half-sister?" He took a small drink of his whiskey, enjoying the strong burn of it. "I can't imagine that's a coincidence, ma'am. Of all the ships in all the Fleet, and all the officers...Archangel's heretofore-unknown sibling pops out of the woodpile?"
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 11:52 am

Chira Abols wrote:

[Reception Hall]

"Hey, Amos," Chira greeted, following her husband over to where some drinks were being served.  "What are you two over here planning, hm?  I seem to recall that the last time you put your heads together, it resulted in me being a married woman..."  Leaning in, Chira landed a quick peck on Henriks' cheek.  "Not that I'm complaining, of course."  She took one of the ciders, sipping it.  "It's great!  Tastes almost like the stuff my grandparents would press every fall."

She took another sip, gracing Henriks with a small and knowing smile.  "I see that beautiful brain of yours working, Abols.  You're putting together why I'm asking for a non-hard cider.  Well...I'm not gonna tell you just yet.  What'd be the fun in that!"

[Reception Hall]

Amos' grin widened considerably as Chira approached, as Henriks' would have had he not been halfway through taking a sip of cider, though his eyes brightened as she neared. "Good to see you again, Miss Chira," Amos replied with a bellowing laugh. "Yes, we are plotting, always. But I can't tell you what, you know, it being top secret and all. But I'm glad something good has come of our plotting so far," he chuckled.

"What'd be the fun in that?" Henriks asked, grinning now that he'd put his cup down. "There'd be oh so much fun in it. The suspense is going to kill me. You wouldn't want that, would you?" he asked playfully. He had an idea of what it could be. Her reiteration that she specifically didn't want hard cider had some strong implications, that something else would be giving her a kick rather than the punch, but he just couldn't be exactly sure. "Will you at least tell me when you'll tell?"

Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 12:28 pm

Andrew Sheridan wrote:
Outside Sophie Callan's Quarters

When she greeted him in a dress that just happened to be in his favorite color...he could only blink at the beautiful woman before him.  She seemed truly happy to see him...beaming with joy at his presence, and he found himself returning the smile warmly...something he had never done before.  If his cheeks were not flushed before; then they most certainly were now.  Andrew just gazed into her eyes for several heartbeats before allowing his eyes to rove over her figure in the green dress she wore.  He gulped hard as he realized that just how stunningly beautiful Sophie was.  Starfleet uniforms simply did not do justice to her looks clearly...

"You....look stunningly beautiful!" Andrew stated softly in complete awe of her as his eyes met her's again.  He was a tad surprised he could even speak...much less compliment her.  After all, this was all so new to him.

When she looked down...he was astonished.  Was she actually bashful as well?  He had no idea, but it warmed his heart somehow in a way he could not put into words.  Sophie's question made him blink for a moment, because he wasn't entirely sure what to make of her suggestion.  He was a complete bundle of nerves, and was sure his foster mother on Vulcan would not be pleased with him for his lack of internal control.  Not that such mattered to him at that moment, because all of him...every fiber of his being was focused on Sophie...the beautiful woman before him.

"Perhaps we can...leave early," Andrew suggested after taking her left hand and kissing it ever so lightly while bowing.  When he straightened up; it was again to have their eyes meet.

SCPO Sophie Callan
[Quarters]

"Thank you," Sophie quietly said, her usual devil-may-care attitude somewhat subdued by the almost storybook-like quality of Sheridan's compliments.  Are you for real, Mr. Sheridan? she thought, since he seemed almost too good to be true.  I certainly hope you're for real.  She'd been fairly reserved in her personal life since joining the Fleet...just a fling here and there, but nothing really serious since...

No.  It wasn't important.  Well, it would always be important, but...

That was eight years ago, she thought, returning to the present with a smile.  "Yeah.  We can shag out early.  I don't think anyone would judge us."  Stepping out of her quarters, Sophie offered her arm to the gentleman.  "Alright.  Let's go."

Last edited by NPC on Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 12:28 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Reception Hall]

Particular concerns?  Oh, yes, indeed... Gabriel thought, sighing quietly.  "Well.  A little, yes...did you know that she was Archangel's half-sister?"  He took a small drink of his whiskey, enjoying the strong burn of it.  "I can't imagine that's a coincidence, ma'am.  Of all the ships in all the Fleet, and all the officers...Archangel's heretofore-unknown sibling pops out of the woodpile?"

[Reception Hall]

Rachel's expression remained rather neutral as she listened to the commander, processing the information in her head. She wasn't sure whether or not the Romulan's inherent paranoia was rubbing off on the man or whether he was genuinely concerned. She took a moment to observe his metabolic processes through her VISOR.

"I'm afraid I don't look through the family trees of all of the officers who are assigned to this fleet," she replied evenly. "I can imagine that this may be somewhat distressing for you, commander. I'll look through the records and send a message through to Command to enquire if you wish."
Back to top Go down
http://www.aurorafleet.org
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 1:14 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

Amos' grin widened considerably as Chira approached, as Henriks'  would have had he not been halfway through taking a sip of cider, though his eyes brightened as she neared. "Good to see you again, Miss Chira," Amos replied with a bellowing laugh. "Yes, we are plotting, always. But I can't tell you what, you know, it being top secret and all. But I'm glad something good has come of our plotting so far," he chuckled.

"What'd be the fun in that?" Henriks asked, grinning now that he'd put his cup down. "There'd be oh so much fun in it. The suspense is going to kill me. You wouldn't want that, would you?" he asked playfully. He had an idea of what it could be. Her reiteration that she specifically didn't want hard cider had some strong implications, that something else would be giving her a kick rather than the punch, but he just couldn't be exactly sure. "Will you at least tell me when you'll tell?"

[Reception Hall]

Poking her tongue at Amos, Chira took another drink of cider, nuzzling close to Henriks again.  "Of course I'm going to tell you.  It's Christmas, is it not?"  She lightly poked him in the side, laughing.  "But you have to be patient.  I'm sure there'll be...um...gift exchanging?  I'm not sure there can be a Christmas party without gift exchanges."

She looked up, her attention drawn to the odd pair that just entered the room.  "Oh, look.  There's Doctor Telak and that Klingon she's always attached to.  We should probably go say hello."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 3:48 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana smiled slightly at the gentle prodding Raynor was giving her in regards to drinking, but she could also remember the previous time and, as it had been with the previous time, she was once again under medication.  The factors indicating another night by the toilet should she drink were adding up.

Looking at the table, she spied some fruit juice and poured herself a glass.  "Th-this will do me, I think."

As she straightened up again, she found Raynor's lips gently leaving a kiss on her forehead.  She blushed slightly, smiling up at him.  Although she knew that he would have to leave again fr his duties as an exchange officer, she found herself almost dreading that time.

[Reception Hall]

"Fruit it is, then," the Klingon nodded, finishing off his bottle of warnog in two more large gulps, slamming the metallic container down on the table. Everything seemed to give a mighty shudder as he did so, but nothing spilled. I was simply habit - once something was consumed in such a manner, the container was to be slammed on the table. Raynor reached for the juice, pouring himself some as well. "To pleasant mornings," he toasted, grinning wickedly and taking a drink.

It wasn't hard to notice that Ilana still looked uncomfortable. Raynor got the feeling that it wasn't just Admiral Stark's presence here, either. "Lana," he said, cocking his head. "You seem...preoccupied. What is on your mind?"
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 4:45 pm

Andrew Sheridan still couldn't believe he was escorting a beautiful woman like Sophie to an event like a Christmas party. He wondered what had inspired him to do this, but whatever it was...he loved the sensations he was getting from her. With Sophie on his arm; Andrew and her beamed back to the starbase, and together walked back into the reception area for the party. A lot more people had showed up for the event, and Andrew took a deep breath before smiling warmly.

Several of the unattached men among those present gave the two of them several different looks, but all of them were looks of surprise and even some of jealousy. Andrew ignored such glances, and continued to lead his date over to the table where refreshments were being served.

"Are you surprised?" he asked her tenderly as they passed a couple of other officers.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 5:19 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

[Reception Hall]

"Fruit it is, then," the Klingon nodded, finishing off his bottle of warnog in two more large gulps, slamming the metallic container down on the table.  Everything seemed to give a mighty shudder as he did so, but nothing spilled.  I was simply habit - once something was consumed in such a manner, the container was to be slammed on the table.  Raynor reached for the juice, pouring himself some as well.  "To pleasant mornings," he toasted, grinning wickedly and taking a drink.

It wasn't hard to notice that Ilana still looked uncomfortable.  Raynor got the feeling that it wasn't just Admiral Stark's presence here, either.  "Lana," he said, cocking his head.  "You seem...preoccupied.  What is on your mind?"

[Reception Hall]

Contrary to the Klingon, Ilana sipped her fruit juice in a calm manner, making an effort not to flinch at the slamming of the mug on the table. It was a fairly typical action for him after all. It was about time she got used to it.

When he asked her what was wrong, however, she looked anywhere but at him, trying to find a place in the hall to settle her gaze. "Um..." Damn, she indulged in a human curse. To tell him or not to tell him? If she didn't tell him, could she come up with a plausible excuse? "It's j-just the m-m-medication," she offered with what she hoped was a reassuring smile. "It m-makes me a l-little absent-m-minded."
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 9:33 pm

Andrew Sheridan wrote:
Andrew Sheridan still couldn't believe he was escorting a beautiful woman like Sophie to an event like a Christmas party.  He wondered what had inspired him to do this, but whatever it was...he loved the sensations he was getting from her.  With Sophie on his arm; Andrew and her beamed back to the starbase, and together walked back into the reception area for the party.  A lot more people had showed up for the event, and Andrew took a deep breath before smiling warmly.

Several of the unattached men among those present gave the two of them several different looks, but all of them were looks of surprise and even some of jealousy.  Andrew ignored such glances, and continued to lead his date over to the table where refreshments were being served.

"Are you surprised?" he asked her tenderly as they passed a couple of other officers.

SCPO Sophie Callan

[Reception Hall]

Sophie didn't like gatherings like this, but she certainly did like her memories of Christmases from childhood, with the tree and everything.  There were officers galore to be found, as well as free-flowing libations.  All in all, not bad.  And...of course, she had a handsome man on her arm.  

"Surprised?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.  "Surprised at what?  Oh, look - there's the captain's little girl.  She's walking!"
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 9:40 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Contrary to the Klingon, Ilana sipped her fruit juice in a calm manner, making an effort not to flinch at the slamming of the mug on the table.  It was a fairly typical action for him after all.  It was about time she got used to it.

When he asked her what was wrong, however, she looked anywhere but at him, trying to find a place in the hall to settle her gaze.  "Um..."  Damn, she indulged in a human curse.  To tell him or not to tell him?  If she didn't tell him, could she come up with a plausible excuse?  "It's j-just the m-m-medication," she offered with what she hoped was a reassuring smile.  "It m-makes me a l-little absent-m-minded."

[Reception Hall]

"Hmmm..." Raynor rumbled, giving his friend a considering look. Perhaps her medication was making her fog-headed, but he did not buy that. Not entirely, at least. If she were on medicine that affected her clarity of thought, she would not be on duty. At least, he assumed as much. Perhaps not. Federation sensibilities were more delicate that Klingon ones. Perhaps someone did not wish to offend the doctor.

Better not offend her, he thought, or I will feast on their liver. The wave of protectiveness that washed over him was surprising even for the Klingon, who was known to be overprotective of Ilana. He looked down at the drink in his hand, remembering that it was only juice, and not liquor.

Raynor noted that a detachment of the Starfleet Band had begun to make their way into the hall, setting up instruments. "I wonder what this'll be," he asked, grinning. "Andorian blues, or some of the ruffle and flourish?"
Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 10:04 pm

[Reception Hall]

About three whiskeys in, Corman was starting to feel pretty warm and mellow. He noted with satisfaction that the Starfleet Band had traveled to their little corner of nowhere. Deacon must have had a few strings to pull. He liked the band, and hoped they'd play some Centauran High Electric.

Stark continued scanning the room, his eyes settling once again on the unmistakable form of Hughes and Telak. It wasn't easy to miss a Klingon and a Cardassian, even if this particular Cardie was shooting glances at him as if she'd rather be facing Romulan water torture than be in the same room with him. But...was she not one of his officers?

"Christ," he muttered, re-filling a glass. He might as well make an attempt. Nodding to a few other officers, Corman approached the pair. "Lieutenant Hughes. Lieutenant Telak. Glad to see you made it."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 7:35 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

[Reception Hall]

"Hmmm..." Raynor rumbled, giving his friend a considering look.  Perhaps her medication was making her fog-headed, but he did not buy that.  Not entirely, at least.  If she were on medicine that affected her clarity of thought, she would not be on duty.  At least, he assumed as much.  Perhaps not.  Federation sensibilities were more delicate that Klingon ones.  Perhaps someone did not wish to offend the doctor.

Better not offend her, he thought, or I will feast on their liver.  The wave of protectiveness that washed over him was surprising even for the Klingon, who was known to be overprotective of Ilana.  He looked down at the drink in his hand, remembering that it was only juice, and not liquor.  

Raynor noted that a detachment of the Starfleet Band had begun to make their way into the hall, setting up instruments.  "I wonder what this'll be," he asked, grinning.  "Andorian blues, or some of the ruffle and flourish?"  

Corman Stark wrote:
"Christ," he muttered, re-filling a glass. He might as well make an attempt. Nodding to a few other officers, Corman approached the pair. "Lieutenant Hughes. Lieutenant Telak. Glad to see you made it."

Ilana looked up and around as Raynor mentioned the presence of the band, her sub-par hearing having not picked up on the quiet notes they were playing as they warmed up. Her eyes, however fell on the approaching Admiral. She swallowed hard, taking a step closer to the reassuring mass of Klingon. It was common knowledge that Stark hated Cardassians.

"G-g-greetings, A-A-Adm-miral," she stammered, looking down at the ripples across the juice in her glass from her hands trembling.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 9:29 am

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana looked up and around as Raynor mentioned the presence of the band, her sub-par hearing having not picked up on the quiet notes they were playing as they warmed up.  Her eyes, however fell on the approaching Admiral.  She swallowed hard, taking a step closer to the reassuring mass of Klingon.  It was common knowledge that Stark hated Cardassians.

"G-g-greetings, A-A-Adm-miral," she stammered, looking down at the ripples across the juice in her glass from her hands trembling.

[Reception Hall]

It was impossible to miss the tension that filled the air as Admiral Stark approached them. He understood Stark's dislike of Cardassians, ultimately. Barring the one standing next to him, Raynor wasn't too thrilled with them as a species, either. Too many battles. Too many wars. Too much old, bad blood.

And yet it was instinctive to protect Ilana, whether a threat be foreign or...domestic. He wrapped his arm around the Cardassian's waist, drawing her a little closer. "Admiral," Raynor said, inclining his head in greeting. "I am glad to see you well." He didn't appreciate the fact that Stark made Ilana so uncomfortable, but he respected the man as a blooded warrior, many times over. An awkward line to walk.
Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 9:42 am

Ilana Telak wrote:

Raynor Hughes wrote:
And yet it was instinctive to protect Ilana, whether a threat be foreign or...domestic. He wrapped his arm around the Cardassian's waist, drawing her a little closer. "Admiral," Raynor said, inclining his head in greeting. "I am glad to see you well." He didn't appreciate the fact that Stark made Ilana so uncomfortable, but he respected the man as a blooded warrior, many times over. An awkward line to walk.

[Reception Hall]

"Ah. Right." Corman took another drink of the bourbon in his hand, sighing inwardly. Well, this went about as well as could be hoped. About as well as a clown car showing up in the middle of a kolinahr ceremony. "Well. Merry Christmas to you both," he said, nodding and turning to go. Sometimes the best loss was one you knew when to walk away from.
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 10:37 am

Chira Abols wrote:

[Reception Hall]

Poking her tongue at Amos, Chira took another drink of cider, nuzzling close to Henriks again.  "Of course I'm going to tell you.  It's Christmas, is it not?"  She lightly poked him in the side, laughing.  "But you have to be patient.  I'm sure there'll be...um...gift exchanging?  I'm not sure there can be a Christmas party without gift exchanges."

She looked up, her attention drawn to the odd pair that just entered the room.  "Oh, look.  There's Doctor Telak and that Klingon she's always attached to.  We should probably go say hello."

"Jā," Henriks mused with a smile, "it's Christmas." But being patient was incredibly hard, he thought, where Chira was concerned, especially because she loved teasing him. He let out a feigned sigh of exasperation, which lasted only a second before a grin returned full force. "A gift exchange, mm? Good because I have something for you too," he told her, giving her a quick kiss. "There is a sad lack of mistletoe in the area," he laughed.

His gaze followed Chira's to another area of the reception hall. He saw a mixed, mingling group, including a Cardasian, Klingon, and a redshirt to boot. "Sure," he replied to his lovely lady, slipping his hand into hers, "hello's are always fun."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hark! (Open)
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next