Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Hark! (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Hark! (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Hark! (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Hark! (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Hark! (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Hark! (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Hark! (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Hark! (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Hark! (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Hark! (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Hark! (Open)

Go down 
+13
Jiseth
Andrew Sheridan
Thelos th'Zhela
Safefta Pardek
Raynor Hughes
Gavin Van Gelder
Gabriel Arthur
NPC
Ilana Telak
Chira Abols
Henriks Ābols
Rachel Deacon
Corman Stark
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
NPC

NPC

Post of the Month - Mission

Hark! (Open) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 9:43 pm

Andrew Sheridan wrote:
Andrew actually laughed at his date's wondrous playfulness.  It went a long way to relaxing him, and he took Sophie's hand to dance with her in the very center of the room.  He was no accomplished dancer by any stretch of the imagination, but he managed to be fairly graceful, and better yet...didn't step on her toes.  The two flowed together from one Christmas song to the next over the next three songs.  Such was the power of this moment that neither of them spoke as they danced.  For the most part, Andrew just gazed deeply into Sophie's eyes.  For a brief moment, he caught sight of her arrayed in snow white and silver with an emerald belt about her waist, and a thin silvery circlet in her hair.  For a moment, it seemed to Andrew as if Sophie was surrounded in soft moonlight.

Andrew blinked....

...and blinked again....

Had that been real?  Where had such an image come from?  Surely he was just imagining things....  Surely he hadn't just seen her in a medieval/fantasy wedding gown....

Instinctively, he found his arm around her waist drawing her a tad closer as the two of them danced, and his other hand was playing...without him even realizing it....with her gorgeous mane of soft hair.

Hark! (Open) - Page 6 Sophie3_zps7c854272
SCPO Sophie Callan

The pair stopped their dance only briefly, to hear the announcement. It was wonderful news, even though she didn't really know either of the Abolses that well. This time of year was perfect for such announcements.

Sophie smiled softly as Andrew pulled her closer. Now that the band had started playing again, she was free to lose herself in the motion of their swaying movements. "If you're not careful, you'll dance us right under some mistletoe." Raising an eyebrow, Sophie cocked her head. "Is someone jingling bells? I swear I can hear some."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:04 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel's smile of delight at the announcement of her sister-in-law's pregnancy was tempered by Aria's repetition of her father's swearing.  She raised one upswept eyebrow at her husband, taking on an expression of sarcastic disbelief.

"No, I can't imagine where they pick it up," she said while Seika giggled, knowing that Gabriel was in trouble again.  "Come on, let's go and congratulate your sister."

Seeing that Admiral Deacon had beaten her to the first congratulations, Archangel stepped forward to hug Chira, a wide smile on her face.  "Let me know when we need to adjust the duty rosters, Chira.  I'm looking forward to being able to laugh at you now," she said, referring to the teasing that had gone on the first time Archangel and Gabriel had brought Aria to meet the family.

Of course all the requisite hugs and happy tears followed Chira's announcement.  Gabriel was going to be an uncle!  For some reason, he found that just as exciting as being a father.  Hopefully, it also meant that Seika and Aria would have a cousin close to their age to grow up with.  

"You'd better call mom and dad," he told Chira, after hugging her.  "If you don't do it soon, I'll leapfrog you and break the news first, thus re-claiming my rightful place as Favorite Child..." he said, sticking his tongue out at her.

For some reason, it seemed like the jingling sound of bells could be heard, even over the soft music of the band.  Gabriel glanced around the room, but quickly put it out of his mind.  Perhaps it was just a sound effect.

Gabriel gave Henriks a firm handshake and a big grin. "Congratulations, brother. The only question remaining is...will you name it Gabriel or Gabriella..."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 2:05 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"Aw, a baby!" Gavin grinned, slipping his arm around Thelos'.  He had gotten to know Chira and Henriks during his brief stint as a medical officer, and liked them both.  "I love babies.  They like me, too.  I think they like my big ears."  Gavin smirked playfully at Thelos, and then glanced up quickly.  "Oh.  There's Captain T'Koris.  Let's go get this damn photo done with."  Admiral, captain...it didn't matter.  It was a senior officer, and they were at the party.

Gently dragging the Andorian along with him, Gavin stopped by the captain and her family.  "Um.  Captain T'Koris?  Merry Christmas.  Look...you wouldn't mind taking a holophoto with us...uh, would you?"

A voice addressing her distracted Archangel from the news of her sister-in-law's baby, and she turned to see Ensign Van Gelder and Ensign th'Zhela standing there. Despite the progress she had made with the Andorian officer, she still felt ashamed and guilty in his presence. Not a great feeling for a command officer.

Van Gelder's request was a strange one. A holophoto? She frowned slightly in confusion, but Seika, still perched on Archangel's hip, grinned.

"Holophotos!"

Rolling her eyes eyes at the five-year-old, Archangel gave a slight smile. "I think that question has just been answered for me," she replied.
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Participated in the first mission Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 7:16 am

Having been lost in the moment with Sophie; Andrew had barely heard the joyous announcement about Chira having a little one on the way. He had not really officially met either of the Abolses, but remembered that his first mission had been to rescue them from a rockslide while trying to retake the PHOENIX. He was glad he had done so, and even more happy that they now had this special moment together. Yet, his thoughts did not get to linger on the happy couple for very long.

Sophie and him were dancing once more, and in that dance there came Sophie's thoughts of hearing jingling bells. Considering it was a Christmas party; that should not have been a surprise, but the way it was timed....coming from her just after he had seen her for a moment all arrayed in a medieval/fantasy wedding gown....that was not mere coincidence. He had a very strong urge to kiss her at that very moment, matching her earlier comment about mistletoe.

"Perhaps it is the bells of the future," Andrew said softly...his voice ever so slightly touched with huskiness that had never arisen before.

Smiling at her, he found just the place she had mentioned, and led their last movements directly under the mistletoe. All else fell away once more. Gone was the party....gone were the guests....only Sophie remained...there...in his arms as he danced them right under the mistletoe. For heartbeats uncounted, he could only breathe in her delicious scent...stare into her enchanting eyes....Time seeming to stand still. His fingers played with her mane of gorgeous hair with one hand, and with the other...he found it more intimately around her waist as he gazed at her.

When he leaned in to kiss her...he had no idea, but the kiss came sometime in those infinite heartbeats. It was a soft kiss...filled with promise, tenderness, wonder, curiosity, and devotion...yes, even love.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 7:29 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

A voice addressing her distracted Archangel from the news of her sister-in-law's baby, and she turned to see Ensign Van Gelder and Ensign th'Zhela standing there.  Despite the progress she had made with the Andorian officer, she still felt ashamed and guilty in his presence.  Not a great feeling for a command officer.

Van Gelder's request was a strange one.  A holophoto?  She frowned slightly in confusion, but Seika, still perched on Archangel's hip, grinned.

"Holophotos!"

Rolling her eyes eyes at the five-year-old, Archangel gave a slight smile.  "I think that question has just been answered for me," she replied.

"Well," Gavin grinned, "I must thank Miss Seika for her good judgement." Winking at the child, he pulled Thelos close to him, snaking an arm around the Andorian's waist and holding the recorder out, with Captain T'Koris beside them. "Alright, everyone...look into the camera and say, 'multi-synaptic pulse-wave particle actuators!'"
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 7:40 am

Andrew Sheridan wrote:
Having been lost in the moment with Sophie; Andrew had barely heard the joyous announcement about Chira having a little one on the way.  He had not really officially met either of the Abolses, but remembered that his first mission had been to rescue them from a rockslide while trying to retake the PHOENIX.  He was glad he had done so, and even more happy that they now had this special moment together.  Yet, his thoughts did not get to linger on the happy couple for very long.

Sophie and him were dancing once more, and in that dance there came Sophie's thoughts of hearing jingling bells.  Considering it was a Christmas party; that should not have been a surprise, but the way it was timed....coming from her just after he had seen her for a moment all arrayed in a medieval/fantasy wedding gown....that was not mere coincidence.  He had a very strong urge to kiss her at that very moment, matching her earlier comment about mistletoe.

"Perhaps it is the bells of the future," Andrew said softly...his voice ever so slightly touched with huskiness that had never arisen before.

Smiling at her, he found just the place she had mentioned, and led their last movements directly under the mistletoe.  All else fell away once more.  Gone was the party....gone were the guests....only Sophie remained...there...in his arms as he danced them right under the mistletoe.  For heartbeats uncounted, he could only breathe in her delicious scent...stare into her enchanting eyes....Time seeming to stand still.  His fingers played with her mane of gorgeous hair with one hand, and with the other...he found it more intimately around her waist as he gazed at her.

When he leaned in to kiss her...he had no idea, but the kiss came sometime in those infinite heartbeats.  It was a soft kiss...filled with promise, tenderness, wonder, curiosity, and devotion...yes, even love.

Hark! (Open) - Page 6 Sophie3_zps7c854272
SCPO Sophie Callan

Sophie knew she could still hear those bells, but she determined to put them out of her mind as soon as Andrew picked up the pace of the dance a little, moving them across the floor. She wasn't sure what destination he had in mind, but it was pretty easy to hazard a guess...

Is this really happening? she thought, wondering why she didn't feel any more trepidation than she did. Granted, they were in the same department, and she was his superior, in a nominal fashion...but she was also NCO, and the rules seemed to have a little more breathing room where that was concerned. Maybe you're not concerned because you know that he's an intelligent, polite, and handsome guy, and he's obviously nursing feelings for you. Maybe, she thought, she should just go with it.

So 'go' she went, right under the mistletoe, her blue eyes lidded as he played with her hair, tilting her face toward his. Their lips met and it was everything she'd hoped for - soft and sweet and the kind of wonderful that sent a shiver down the spine.

"I guess it's in the air, tonight," Sophie said, smiling impishly at Andrew, kissing him again. There was no need to waste good mistletoe.
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 12:55 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Of course all the requisite hugs and happy tears followed Chira's announcement.  Gabriel was going to be an uncle!  For some reason, he found that just as exciting as being a father.  Hopefully, it also meant that Seika and Aria would have a cousin close to their age to grow up with.  

"You'd better call mom and dad," he told Chira, after hugging her.  "If you don't do it soon, I'll leapfrog you and break the news first, thus re-claiming my rightful place as Favorite Child..." he said, sticking his tongue out at her.

For some reason, it seemed like the jingling sound of bells could be heard, even over the soft music of the band.  Gabriel glanced around the room, but quickly put it out of his mind.  Perhaps it was just a sound effect.

Gabriel gave Henriks a firm handshake and a big grin.  "Congratulations, brother.  The only question remaining is...will you name it Gabriel or Gabriella..."

Henriks suddenly realized that all eyes seemed to be on them, him and Chira. He'd been too in the moment to notice until then, too much adrenaline pumping through from the shock of learning that he was to be a dad. But when Chira said it again, this time to the room at large, it finally began to sink in... that and the increased number of eyes looking in their direction. There was a round of cheers, just like when he had proposed to Chira. But then his eyes had been on Chira the whole time, and to make an announcement like he was now required looking at others. Henriks smile weakly in reply to the cheers. Then he looked at Chira and the smile broadened to a grin.

They moved away from the podium, for which Henriks was relieved, as Chira's brother began to approach, ginning just as wide if not wider. "Wouldn't you just love that?" Henriks laughed in reply. "But don't you think it would get a bit confusing?"

Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 2:39 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"Well," Gavin grinned, "I must thank Miss Seika for her good judgement."  Winking at the child, he pulled Thelos close to him, snaking an arm around the Andorian's waist and holding the recorder out, with Captain T'Koris beside them.  "Alright, everyone...look into the camera and say, 'multi-synaptic pulse-wave particle actuators!'"

Despite her slight confusion about the whole situation, Archangel stood next to the two young officers, Seika still perched on her hip, looking toward the holocam. His choice of smile-inducing words, while amusing, could have been chosen better. Her smile looked somewhat bemused, while Seika's expression was completely befuddled.

"What's a multi... multi... What did he say?" Seika asked.

"I'll help you look it up when we get home," Archangel assured her daughter before looking back at the couple. "I take it you have to prove to someone that you either came to the gathering, or that you came appropriately dressed?"
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:28 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Nodding, Raynor gave Ilana an appreciative look for her outlook on words, and their power.  Some people believed that repetition made something more true, but usually that was the way of the demagogue - to whisper something in the ear until the listener believes it.  Ilana's outlook was quite...Klingon...in nature.

Raynor grinned widely at the news.  He didn't know the pair that well, but he'd gotten on well with them when they had worked together.  

"QAPLA'!" he shouted, raising a fist in triumph for the happy couple.  Raynor wondered, for a moment, if he would ever have children.  It did not seem likely, and it wasn't really something he'd given much thought to.  

Applauding with the other people attending the gathering at the announcement of an incoming baby, two thoughts crossed Ilana's mind. The first one was: Well, things are going to be interesting in sickbay for the next 9 months. The second thought was somewhat in line with Raynor's. She wondered if she would ever become a mother. The thought had very occasionally crossed her mind, but it had always had to take a back seat to thoughts such as 'you need to find a mate first' and 'you're already busy with your research'.

She winced slightly as Raynor demonstrated the power of his lungs, rubbing one ear. While she wasn't exactly close to the family, she took a step towards the couple, intending to give her congratulations, but noticed that the rest of their family was closing in and took a step back again to stand by Raynor.

"They w-will make good p-parents," she remarked awkwardly.
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 9:36 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

Henriks suddenly realized that all eyes seemed to be on them, him and Chira. He'd been too in the moment to notice until then, too much adrenaline pumping through from the shock of learning that he was to be a dad. But when Chira said it again, this time to the room at large, it finally began to sink in... that and the increased number of eyes looking in their direction. There was a round of cheers, just like when he had proposed to Chira. But then his eyes had been on Chira the whole time, and to make an announcement like he was now required looking at others. Henriks smile weakly in reply to the cheers. Then he looked at Chira and the smile broadened to a grin.

They moved away from the podium, for which Henriks was relieved, as Chira's brother began to approach, ginning just as wide if not wider. "Wouldn't you just love that?" Henriks laughed in reply. "But don't you think it would get a bit confusing?"

Laughing happily, Chira slipped her hand into her husband's. She shook her head at Gabriel, rolling her eyes. "When Gabriel was born," she said, quirking an eyebrow, "mom says that I followed her around, asking if we could name him Spatula instead of 'Gabriel'. Of course, knowing my brothers, I should have pushed for 'Thing One' and 'Thing Two'..."

Chira felt a sudden chill, shaking involuntarily. Had it just gotten...colder in the room? She could have easily ignored that, but....

Brushing her shoulder with her free hand, she was surprised to find snow. "What in the..."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 6:58 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Applauding with the other people attending the gathering at the announcement of an incoming baby, two thoughts crossed Ilana's mind.  The first one was: Well, things are going to be interesting in sickbay for the next 9 months.  The second thought was somewhat in line with Raynor's.  She wondered if she would ever become a mother.  The thought had very occasionally crossed her mind, but it had always had to take a back seat to thoughts such as 'you need to find a mate first' and 'you're already busy with your research'.

She winced slightly as Raynor demonstrated the power of his lungs, rubbing one ear.  While she wasn't exactly close to the family, she took a step towards the couple, intending to give her congratulations, but noticed that the rest of their family was closing in and took a step back again to stand by Raynor.

"They w-will make good p-parents," she remarked awkwardly.

Raynor grinned happily at Ilana, his lips curling into a slightly-sheepish smile. Though her hearing wasn't as sharp as his, he'd practically rattled the rafters with his adulation. He leaned into her presence, kissing her lightly about the ear. "Sorry, Lana," he said, his voice soft and breath close. "I shall be as quiet as a...what are those things called? Ah. A churchmouse."

The Klingon felt something soft and cold settling on his hair. He ran his fingers through it, and they came back...wet? He looked up sharply, scowling as he found that it was...

...snowing?
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 7:10 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Raynor grinned happily at Ilana, his lips curling into a slightly-sheepish smile.  Though her hearing wasn't as sharp as his, he'd practically rattled the rafters with his adulation.  He leaned into her presence, kissing her lightly about the ear.  "Sorry, Lana," he said, his voice soft and breath close.  "I shall be as quiet as a...what are those things called?  Ah.  A churchmouse."  

The Klingon felt something soft and cold settling on his hair.  He ran his fingers through it, and they came back...wet?  He looked up sharply, scowling as he found that it was...

...snowing?

Ilana's cheeks coloured rapidly as Raynor laid a kiss on the curve of her ear.  While physical displays of affection were common in their friendship, she was now aware that there was a whole new level of relationship to explore.  It was a thought to make anyone even just a little nervous.

Those thoughts took a back seat, however, as she noticed the white flakes starting to fall.  Flakes that she had only seen a handful of times in her life.  Snow.  Almost as soon as she realised what it was, she started to feel the chill of it settling on her skin and shivered slightly, wrapping her arms around herself.

"D-Damn it," she muttered. "Environmental must be m-malfunctioning."
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 8:05 pm

Hark! (Open) - Page 6 Santa_zpsb5954629
Santa Claus??

A jolly old elf suddenly appeared from somewhere behind the Starfleet Band, causing the back row to completely lose their place and the music to stop.  "Ho-hey, now, don't stop the music on my account," the white-bearded man said, giving a belly-jiggling laugh.  He handed a few candies from his large sack of gifts to the band members, walking through a rapidly-falling curtain of snow and toward the gathering of officers.

"Well," the man said, "it is a Christmas party, is it not?  Are you really that surprised to see me?"
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 10:08 pm

Chira Abols wrote:

Laughing happily, Chira slipped her hand into her husband's.  She shook her head at Gabriel, rolling her eyes.  "When Gabriel was born," she said, quirking an eyebrow, "mom says that I followed her around, asking if we could name him Spatula instead of 'Gabriel'.  Of course, knowing my brothers, I should have pushed for 'Thing One' and 'Thing Two'..."

Chira felt a sudden chill, shaking involuntarily.  Had it just gotten...colder in the room?  She could have easily ignored that, but....

Brushing her shoulder with her free hand, she was surprised to find snow.  "What in the..."

Henriks grinned. "Spatula would definitely have been a good one," he laughed. "When my little sister was born," he said, to add to the stories of funny childhood names, "my brothers and I wanted to call her 'moose', short for 'mūsu māsa', which means 'our sister'. But our parents wouldn't hear of it, and so we changed it to 'mouse'."

As Chira slipped her hand into his, Henriks felt a brief warmth wash over him as it always did when she was near. But a sudden nip in the air stole it away. Henriks thought nothing of it, figuring it to be an lingering after effect of the wonderful news, until he saw Chira shiver. The corners of his mouth dipped down into a little frown, his brows raised with concern. He pulled his lovely lady close, wrapping his arms around her torso, in hopes to warm her up.

NPC wrote:

A jolly old elf suddenly appeared from somewhere behind the Starfleet Band, causing the back row to completely lose their place and the music to stop. "Ho-hey, now, don't stop the music on my account," the white-bearded man said, giving a belly-jiggling laugh. He handed a few candies from his large sack of gifts to the band members, walking through a rapidly-falling curtain of snow and toward the gathering of officers.

"Well," the man said, "it is a Christmas party, is it not? Are you really that surprised to see me?"

His head was resting on her shoulder, and Henriks would have been content to remain like that, but suddenly there arose such a clatter that he had to look up. The band had stopped, and the sax player had been so startled by something that he had fallen out of his chair. Aside from a bit of shock, he seemed to be alright, so Henriks let his gaze move on to see what had caused all the excitement.

There, standing before the whole room was Grandfather Christmas (Ziemassvētku vecītis, as he is called in Latvian). And... was that an elf? A cloud with falling snow falled the jolly man as he strolled past the band. "Well," Henriks ventured at last. "We certainly didn't expect anyone to appear in the middle of the band like that."
Back to top Go down
Safefta Pardek
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Star Cross
Post of the Month - Shore Leave

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 10:59 pm

NPC wrote:
Santa Claus??

A jolly old elf suddenly appeared from somewhere behind the Starfleet Band, causing the back row to completely lose their place and the music to stop.  "Ho-hey, now, don't stop the music on my account," the white-bearded man said, giving a belly-jiggling laugh.  He handed a few candies from his large sack of gifts to the band members, walking through a rapidly-falling curtain of snow and toward the gathering of officers.

"Well," the man said, "it is a Christmas party, is it not?  Are you really that surprised to see me?"

After being all but forced to leave the solitude of her quarters for the party, Safefta had been tightly set in a corner, away from most of the crowd and their strange sweaters. The ambient music wasn't too terrible, at least.

Unfortunately, looking as though she wished to be left alone wasn't enough to deter people. She'd been called an elf and had a small hat placed on her head. Safefta was too shy to remove it or reply, so they got away with it.

All in all, however... things were going relatively well until it started snowing. Safefta practically hissed. Cold.... well, it wasn't her thing. Why? When a large fat man appeared in the middle of the band, she was even more baffled.

She could see some of her friends and wanted to perhaps go over and ask if the shields and the environmental systems were broken.... but they were all in a group of people much too large for her to broach.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 4:47 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana's cheeks coloured rapidly as Raynor laid a kiss on the curve of her ear.  While physical displays of affection were common in their friendship, she was now aware that there was a whole new level of relationship to explore.  It was a thought to make anyone even just a little nervous.

Those thoughts took a back seat, however, as she noticed the white flakes starting to fall.  Flakes that she had only seen a handful of times in her life.  Snow.  Almost as soon as she realised what it was, she started to feel the chill of it settling on her skin and shivered slightly, wrapping her arms around herself.

"D-Damn it," she muttered.  "Environmental must be m-malfunctioning."

Growling low in the back of his throat, Raynor glanced up at the falling snowflakes. "Malfunctioning, indeed..." he said, quirking an eyebrow and staring up. "Hmmm." Ilana's discomfort was chatteringly obvious, so the Klingon put his arms around her...a warming and protective shield.

He was glad he was where he was in a few moments, though, as a...strange, stocky man walked through the crowed. Raynor knew a little of his human cultural heritage, and the image struck a chord. "S...Santa Claus? What in all the hells?" Yes. Indeed. It was Santa Claus. Raynor moved in front of Ilana, placing himself between the Cardassian and...whatever this was.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 5:31 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Growling low in the back of his throat, Raynor glanced up at the falling snowflakes.  "Malfunctioning, indeed..." he said, quirking an eyebrow and staring up.  "Hmmm."  Ilana's discomfort was chatteringly obvious, so the Klingon put his arms around her...a warming and protective shield.

He was glad he was where he was in a few moments, though, as a...strange, stocky man walked through the crowed.  Raynor knew a little of his human cultural heritage, and the image struck a chord.  "S...Santa Claus?  What in all the hells?"  Yes.  Indeed.  It was Santa Claus.  Raynor moved in front of Ilana, placing himself between the Cardassian and...whatever this was.

Being a species more suited to desert climates than anything remotely close to snow, Ilana was all too happy to snuggle into Raynor's warm side as he wrapped his arms around her and hugged her close. He was always so warm. She envied him that.

Unlike him, however, she didn't have much knowledge of human cultural icons. The fat man in a red suit was just that to her. Judging by the Klingon's reactions though, he knew who the fat man was and he was dangerous.

"Wh-who is he?" she asked, peering out from behind the protective wall that he formed.
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:52 pm

Safefta Pardek wrote:
All in all, however... things were going relatively well until it started snowing. Safefta practically hissed. Cold.... well, it wasn't her thing. Why? When a large fat man appeared in the middle of the band, she was even more baffled.

She could see some of her friends and wanted to perhaps go over and ask if the shields and the environmental systems were broken.... but they were all in a group of people much too large for her to broach.

Santa Claus??

"We-ell!  Aren't you a festive Christmas elf!"  The Santa Claus being laughed merrily, hands over his jelly-bowl-like belly as he approached Safefta.  "Though you look mightily cold, little girl.  Here," he said, reaching into his bag and pulling out a steaming cup of hot chocolate, complete with marshmallows and a candy cane stirrer.

Santa turned to look at the rest of the group, shaking his head.  "Such surprised faces!  How could you not expect to see me, of all people?  Now...what would you all like for Christmas?"
Back to top Go down
Safefta Pardek
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Star Cross

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 10:11 pm

NPC wrote:

Santa Claus??

"We-ell!  Aren't you a festive Christmas elf!"  The Santa Claus being laughed merrily, hands over his jelly-bowl-like belly as he approached Safefta.  "Though you look mightily cold, little girl.  Here," he said, reaching into his bag and pulling out a steaming cup of hot chocolate, complete with marshmallows and a candy cane stirrer.

Santa turned to look at the rest of the group, shaking his head.  "Such surprised faces!  How could you not expect to see me, of all people?  Now...what would you all like for Christmas?"

Oh no, please do not come over here... Safefta thought to herself. Thinking it, however, didn't seem to matter. The bizarre man just went right on and continued to approach her. She tried not to look mortified- tried being the operative word. Thankfully, aside fro being painfully cheerful, he didn't seem to post an immediate threat. He did, though, call her an elf again- what is the meaning of the elf nickname? What is an elf? and she wasn't particularly fond of that.

She took the hot chocolate- what choice did she have?- but aside from happily letting the hot cup warm her hands she didn't drink it. A personal rule of never trusting a drink given by a stranger.

"I do not know why you are here.... unless you are a hologram, I would very much like to know how you got in here," Safefta said.
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Participated in the first mission Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 9:15 am

Andrew was elated the kiss had gone so well between him and Sophie...apparently enough so as to warrant a very enticing longer second kiss. Not even realizing he was doing so; Andrew had pulled her closer...a lot closer during that delightful enchanting second moment of bliss between them...

...and then it got real cold in the room. Despite the warmth of his lovely companion in his arms; the room was suddenly chili. Even wrapped up in the moment as he had been with Sophie; this icy feeling still penetrated his thoughts, and caused him to stop and glance around. There before several of the other officers was Santa Clause...and what appeared to be an elf.

"It would appear the festivities have taken a new turn," Andrew noted to his lovely companion, and then turned back to face her....his eyes looking into her own...soul gazing it was called...or so he had read once somewhere. Only then did he realize he was holding her so intimately close, and gulped rather hard as he gazed back into her lovely eyes....playing with her mane of silky hair again.

What was coming over him?

The question was dismissed just as rapidly. He was here with her...what did it matter what was coming over him...

"Sophie...," Andrew whispered tenderly...even reverently...as if truly enchanted.
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 12:23 pm

NPC wrote:

Santa Claus??

Of course they were surprised, Henriks thought. Starfleet was comprised of people from all over the galaxy, from a vast multitude of cultures. Henriks wasn't even sure if all Earth cultures believed in Santa. "Well," Henriks added, venturing another question, "don't you normally visit children?" As for what he wanted for Christmas, that was easy. His arms wrapped back around his lovely lady. Family. That was what he wanted. He still yearned for those recently lost, but he also yearned happily for those soon to come.
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 10:06 pm

Andrew Sheridan wrote:
Andrew was elated the kiss had gone so well between him and Sophie...apparently enough so as to warrant a very enticing longer second kiss.  Not even realizing he was doing so; Andrew had pulled her closer...a lot closer during that delightful enchanting second moment of bliss between them...

...and then it got real cold in the room.  Despite the warmth of his lovely companion in his arms; the room was suddenly chili.  Even wrapped up in the moment as he had been with Sophie; this icy feeling still penetrated his thoughts, and caused him to stop and glance around.  There before several of the other officers was Santa Clause...and what appeared to be an elf.

"It would appear the festivities have taken a new turn," Andrew noted to his lovely companion, and then turned back to face her....his eyes looking into her own...soul gazing it was called...or so he had read once somewhere.  Only then did he realize he was holding her so intimately close, and gulped rather hard as he gazed back into her lovely eyes....playing with her mane of silky hair again.

What was coming over him?

The question was dismissed just as rapidly.  He was here with her...what did it matter what was coming over him...

"Sophie...," Andrew whispered tenderly...even reverently...as if truly enchanted.

Hark! (Open) - Page 6 Q2_zps19016a65
Mrs...Claus?

"Oh, right you are, Mister Sheridan," a woman said, appearing from thin air with a cacophonous clatter of jingle bells and a swirl of snow, wearing a Christmas-colored coat of red trimmed in white.  "The festivities have indeed taken a new turn!  Look at you two," she tsked, shaking her head.  "Go on and kiss again!  You want to.  She wants to."  The woman rolled her eyes.  "Humans..."

She moved toward the center of the room, glancing at people as she went by.  "Safefta Pardek.  The life of this party, right?  Have you told everyone how you disdain their company, hm?  Henriks Abols.  Has your wife told you how much she fears that her sister-in-law's life will bleed over and threaten yours?"  

The woman held out her hand, counting points on her white-gloved fingers.  "Zero Alpha...oh, if only everyone knew about you, our very own Christmas homonculus.  Thelos and Gavin.  Wished your fathers a Merry Christmas, yet?    Stark...don't even bother with finishing that call to security.  They can't get in, anyway.  Gabriel Arthur...oh," she smirked, shaking her head.  "You poor, poor boy.  How's married life treating you?  And speaking of which....Archangel T'Koris.  Now...everyone in this room has been very, very bad this Christmas.  But you, captain?  You've been quite bad."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 4:27 am

NPC wrote:

"Oh, right you are, Mister Sheridan," a woman said, appearing from thin air with a cacophonous clatter of jingle bells and a swirl of snow, wearing a Christmas-colored coat of red trimmed in white.  "The festivities have indeed taken a new turn!  Look at you two," she tsked, shaking her head.  "Go on and kiss again!  You want to.  She wants to."  The woman rolled her eyes.  "Humans..."

She moved toward the center of the room, glancing at people as she went by.  "Safefta Pardek.  The life of this party, right?  Have you told everyone how you disdain their company, hm?  Henriks Abols.  Has your wife told you how much she fears that her sister-in-law's life will bleed over and threaten yours?"  

The woman held out her hand, counting points on her white-gloved fingers.  "Zero Alpha...oh, if only everyone knew about you, our very own Christmas homonculus.  Thelos and Gavin.  Wished your fathers a Merry Christmas, yet?    Stark...don't even bother with finishing that call to security.  They can't get in, anyway.  Gabriel Arthur...oh," she smirked, shaking her head.  "You poor, poor boy.  How's married life treating you?  And speaking of which....Archangel T'Koris.  Now...everyone in this room has been very, very bad this Christmas.  But you, captain?  You've been quite bad."

Archangel raised aneyebrow at the woman who had just appeared, dressed lime something out of a very cheesy children's christmas film, lowering Seika to the ground and taking her hand, ready to push her out of harm's way if necessary. Her eyes automatically started to scan the room, looking for Aria and Gabriel.

"I've been a bad girl, hm? Well, I'm not going to deny that. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions and interpretations. Maybe you'd like to propose a solution instead of just trying to spead around the dirt you think you have on other people?". She had noticed the comment made to Chira and had immediately felt a surge of guilt about giving her that password into her Intelligence psyche evaluations.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 4:51 am

NPC wrote:

Zero wss confused, watching the goings on with an analytical expressikn on her face as she tried to understand. She had done reaearch on the human customs of Christmas gatherings and knew about the mythology of the jolly fat man that brought good children presents. She also knew that people pretending to be this man put in appearances at parties where children were present, despite the illogical nature of it.

As the female dressed as what Zero could guess was meant to be Santa Claus' mate started to bring up pieces of information about the personnel gathered at the psrty that were probably meant to remain secret, the Augment frowned, then scowled at the homonclus comment, scanning the room for any signs that her more scientifically minded colleagues had picked up on it.
Back to top Go down
Safefta Pardek
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Star Cross

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 9:49 am

NPC wrote:

Hark! (Open) - Page 6 Q2_zps19016a65
Mrs...Claus?

With the new appearance of yet another obnoxiously-dressed person, Safefta could physically feel her alarm rising, particularly when she began to realize that this woman was far more bitter and nasty than the last.

Who are these people?!

The comment that was directed at her struck her in a very odd way- well, she wasn't wrong, really... but it also wasn't something that was good to just be tossing around to everyone out loud. "Well, my behavior speaks it loud enough, does it not?" she muttered, barely loud enough to hear.

Apparently, the trend of digging up dirt wasn't just for her and the other ops officer, either. Safefta watched in stunned silence as she went around, pointing out various members of the crew that she knew of and throwing their insecurities out in the open. From the other white-haired woman to the counselor's husband to two males that appeared to be partners, each one seemed to have something less than savory to toss out into the open. There is a special place in Areinnye for people who do this sort of thing.

The mug in her hand shattered once she got to Stark, as her fear of this being a hostile problem made her forget the strength of her hand. The scalding hot liquid just flooded over her hand and to the floor, but Safefta was more concerned with the fact that she had no phaser, none of her security equipment with her and as such was thoroughly stuck. Besides, her shoulder was still healing a bit from the last away mission- she wasn't keen on fighting... whatever this was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hark! (Open)
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next