Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Mission 1: The Price of Kindness

Go down 
+14
Raynor Hughes
T'Shar N'Vek
Ilana Telak
Andrew Sheridan
Jiseth
Robert Williams
Thelos th'Zhela
Harold Castor
Gabriel Arthur
NPC
Matthew Thompson
Archangel T'Koris
Jonathan Hart
Zero Alpha
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 12:05 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

[USS Phoenix - Sickbay]

"That's...actually a much better idea, yeah," Gavin nodded.  "We can neutralize the intruders...hopefully.  What if we just gassed 'em?  Neurozine!  A large dosage of that, if we could disseminate it throughout the ship.  We'd have to get to a point at which we could spread it."  He frowned, picking up a tricorder, idly slapping it against his palm.  "What if we moved through the Jeffries tubes, instead of the corridors?"

Gavin's heart leaped into his throat as Sickbay's doors suddenly opened, his 'fight or flight' instincts kicking into high gear.  "Aaah!  Grab Seika," he said, placing himself physically between Thelos and the child, the tricorder in his hand pitched at the new intruder like a baseball.

[USS Phoenix - Sickbay]

Thelos was about to answer with an affirmation that moving through the jefferies tubes would aid any attempt to be stealthy, but he never got the chance. All thoughts of anesthetic gas evaporated when someone unexpected came through the doors. Gavin had the right idea- Thelos immediately gently gripped Seika's shoulders and tugged her out of the way as quickly as possible.

He stood slightly in front of the Romulan child before he let his eyes travel to the arrival.  Thelos was guessing starfleet, so it didn't exactly please him to see the tricorder whirl out of the science officer's hand and toward the yellow-uniformed intruder.

"Gavin!"
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 3:46 am

Andrew Sheridan wrote:

"See what you make of that.  Jones, cover the hall.  Leonid, cover the lift just in case.  I'm going on to Sick Bay.  Ensign Telak, you may be needed in there," Andrew stated, and then made his way swiftly to the door for where he was sensing the individuals behind it.  Even though there was a Starfleet feel on the other side; Andrew kept his phaser ready.  Only after Ilana was ready did Andrew come in...crouched and ready to fire if need be.  "Everyone okay in here?" he asked of the two Starfleet personnel he saw.

[USS Phoenix]

Ilana had crept after the rest of the team, doing her best to keep out of their way.  This wasn't her world, not her forte.  She knew better than to interfere with what they were doing.

She did her best not to flinch as Raynor threw his weapon at one intruder and then had to fight the urge to go and help him.  She took a deep breath, following Sheridan to the doors into Sickbay.  She stepped inside, green eyes scanning the surroundings.

Her skinny arms pushed at Sheridan, hoping to throw him off balance as the tricorder arced through the air towards them.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 10:15 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Planetside - Cavern]

"Commander, while it may be against regulations for me to put myself in danger, it is also in the regs that I have to conduct any negociations personally," Archangel pointed out.  Her expression then softened slightly.  "I promise not to put myself in harms way.  I'll even take a security detatchment if necessary.  We can delay plotting for a few minutes while I try to gather some information."

[Planetside - Cavern]

Gabe's mouth opened, and then shut again, as if he wanted to keep on protesting, but knew he'd reached the limit to which she would humor him. He was not her husband in this instance, he was her second...and didn't want to keep challenging his captain in front of the crew. Gabriel had stated his concerns, and offered alternatives...the decision, however, was the captain's to make. And so he just nodded.

"Security detachment, yes...I think that's in the regs somewhere, too," he said, flashing a quick and lopsided grin. "Mr. Black, you're with the captain. I'm going to get with Chira and Abols and see if we can settle things down while we find out who the hell these people are."
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 5:07 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Planetside - Cavern]

Gabe's mouth opened, and then shut again, as if he wanted to keep on protesting, but knew he'd reached the limit to which she would humor him.  He was not her husband in this instance, he was her second...and didn't want to keep challenging his captain in front of the crew.  Gabriel had stated his concerns, and offered alternatives...the decision, however, was the captain's to make.  And so he just nodded.

"Security detachment, yes...I think that's in the regs somewhere, too," he said, flashing a quick and lopsided grin.  "Mr. Black, you're with the captain.  I'm going to get with Chira and Abols and see if we can settle things down while we find out who the hell these people are."

[Cave - Planetside]

Davis groaned as Henriks helped him to lean against one of the cave walls. "How are you feeling?" he asked the yellowshirted ensign. Davis grimaced, closing his eyes for a brief moment before giving Henriks a look that said, why are you even asking?. It was plain that he was still in pain. The paleness of his face, the uneven pace of his breathing. But he didn't say any of that, not that he needed to. Instead he gruffed, "I'll be fine."

"Try to focus only on your breathing," Henriks told him. It would help to take the ensign's mind off the pain, as well as get a steadier flow of oxygen into his system. Davis simply nodded.

Henriks took the opportunity to slip his hand back into Chira's bringing hers up to give it a quick kiss. He was glad she was ok. But sooner or later, they were bound to be thrown into the thick of things.
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

Post of the Month - Mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 8:15 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

Davis groaned as Henriks helped him to lean against one of the cave walls. "How are you feeling?" he asked the yellowshirted ensign. Davis grimaced, closing his eyes for a brief moment before giving Henriks a look that said, why are you even asking?. It was plain that he was still in pain. The paleness of his face, the uneven pace of his breathing. But he didn't say any of that, not that he needed to. Instead he gruffed, "I'll be fine."

"Try to focus only on your breathing," Henriks told him. It would help to take the ensign's mind off the pain, as well as get a steadier flow of oxygen into his system. Davis simply nodded.

Henriks took the opportunity to slip his hand back into Chira's bringing hers up to give it a quick kiss. He was glad she was ok. But sooner or later, they were bound to be thrown into the thick of things.

Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 10 Odst(2)

[Planetside - Cavern]

Pala Nrol suppressed a yawn under his helmet, fighting off a crink in his neck.  These suits of armor could be heavy after a while, no matter what kind of polymers they were made of.  The aliens in the cave appeared to be a motley collection of species, but the majority looked just like Hunari.  Whatever the Leadership's plan for these people...he hoped to get it on soon.  So far, none of them had made much trouble, but that would change.  The more desperate they got, the more dangerous.  He prayed to the Six that these people never realized just how much they outnumbered the guards in the cave.

He glanced over at one that appeared to be injured, moving off toward the small gathering.  "This one," Nrol said, motioning with his plasgun toward the pale man leaning on the wall.  "Is this one injured?  We will not spare medical resources.  If he cannot be moved to Processing, he'll be exterminated."
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 12:02 pm

NPC wrote:

[Planetside - Cavern]

Pala Nrol suppressed a yawn under his helmet, fighting off a crink in his neck.  These suits of armor could be heavy after a while, no matter what kind of polymers they were made of.  The aliens in the cave appeared to be a motley collection of species, but the majority looked just like Hunari.  Whatever the Leadership's plan for these people...he hoped to get it on soon.  So far, none of them had made much trouble, but that would change.  The more desperate they got, the more dangerous.  He prayed to the Six that these people never realized just how much they outnumbered the guards in the cave.

He glanced over at one that appeared to be injured, moving off toward the small gathering.  "This one," Nrol said, motioning with his plasgun toward the pale man leaning on the wall.  "Is this one injured?  We will not spare medical resources.  If he cannot be moved to Processing, he'll be exterminated."

[Cave]

Soon enough they would be in the thick of things, he had thought. No sooner had that thought pop into his head that he heard the light crunching of footsteps, and he turned to discover a soldier approaching. At least he looked like a soldier, decked out in what appeared to be amor, a gun of sorts in their hand. Henriks instinctively stepped in front of Chira and Davis, placing himself between them and the soldier.

"He has a broken bone in his leg and three cracked ribs. You wouldn't have to spare any resources if we could return to our ship to get equipment. But he can move," Henriks began. But as the rest of what the soldier had said begun to sink in... "Processing?" he asked, frowning. "What do you mean?"
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Participated in the first mission Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 5:37 pm

USS PHOENIX: Sickbay

Andrew felt himself pushed just barely enough out of the way to stop from being nailed by the flying tricorder. Instinctively, he nearly fired in return, but noted the man apparently named Gavin, was one of the crew.

"Easy!" Andrew urged firmly to both personnel. "Ensign Andrew Sheridan from Starbase Athena. We were sent to find out why we lost contact with you all so suddenly," he added swiftly in explanation. "Clearly the ship has been taken over. What is the status of the rest of the crew and command staff?"

Slowly, Andrew stood up to visually scan the medical bay. It unnerved him a bit that the Nebula-class starship was nearly devoid of Starfleet personnel. It made the ship feel almost like a ghost vessel, and that simply did not set well with Andrew. He glanced behind him to note Ilana as the one who had saved him from the flying tricorder. Nodding his thanks, he then made it clear with a new glance from Ilana to those they had found in the medical bay.

"Ensign Ilana Telak will check you all over quickly before we proceed," Andrew told the two personnel.
Back to top Go down
Derek Black
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 6:06 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Planetside - Cavern]

"Security detachment, yes...I think that's in the regs somewhere, too," he said, flashing a quick and lopsided grin.  "Mr. Black, you're with the captain.  I'm going to get with Chira and Abols and see if we can settle things down while we find out who the hell these people are."

[Planetside - Cavern]

"Sir." Derek replied promptly, turning and pointing at two of the security officers from their original team. "You're with us, set phasers to heavy stun, discreetly. You two," He directed the remainder, "See if you can't find Commander Ayora, I suggest we begin organizing breakout groups, and stationing details to cover the entrances. Once again, discreetly, please."

Returning his attention to T'Koris, Derek nodded towards the only two guards which were visible. One of them had stepped away from his post at the corridor entrance and was talking to one of their medics. "Captain, that seems like a good place to start."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 10:12 pm

Andrew Sheridan wrote:
USS PHOENIX:  Sickbay

Andrew felt himself pushed just barely enough out of the way to stop from being nailed by the flying tricorder.  Instinctively, he nearly fired in return, but noted the man apparently named Gavin, was one of the crew.

"Easy!" Andrew urged firmly to both personnel.  "Ensign Andrew Sheridan from Starbase Athena.  We were sent to find out why we lost contact with you all so suddenly," he added swiftly in explanation.  "Clearly the ship has been taken over.  What is the status of the rest of the crew and command staff?"

Slowly, Andrew stood up to visually scan the medical bay.  It unnerved him a bit that the Nebula-class starship was nearly devoid of Starfleet personnel.  It made the ship feel almost like a ghost vessel, and that simply did not set well with Andrew.  He glanced behind him to note Ilana as the one who had saved him from the flying tricorder.  Nodding his thanks, he then made it clear with a new glance from Ilana to those they had found in the medical bay.

"Ensign Ilana Telak will check you all over quickly before we proceed," Andrew told the two personnel.

[USS Phoenix - Sickbay]

Gavin's throw went fairly wide, owing mainly to the fact that Thelos startled him by yelling his name. That, and that he'd never had an arm for baseball.

"Oh! Um. Sorry?" he said, rather sheepishly, as a fresh flush of crimson sneaked into his cheeks. Gavin didn't know Sheridan, but he remembered the Klingon and Cardassian from back on base...back when things went belly-up with those spores. And now, here they were, together again...and things were once again insane. Seemed to be the story of his life, anymore.

The young science officer nodded along with Sheridan's run-down of everything. "That's the long and short of it. You know just about what we do - and where did you all come from, anyway? I dunno where the captain is, but...Thelos and I were planning on gassing the entire ship with neurozine. Then we'll be in a better position to see where everyone is!" He knew he was acting a little excitable, but...well. It was his first ship-wide abduction crisis.
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 10:53 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

[Cave]

Soon enough they would be in the thick of things, he had thought. No sooner had that thought pop into his head that he heard the light crunching of footsteps, and he turned to discover a soldier approaching. At least he looked like a soldier, decked out in what appeared to be amor, a gun of sorts in their hand. Henriks instinctively stepped in front of Chira and Davis, placing himself between them and the soldier.

"He has a broken bone in his leg and three cracked ribs. You wouldn't have to spare any resources if we could return to our ship to get equipment. But he can move," Henriks began. But as the rest of what the soldier had said begun to sink in... "Processing?" he asked, frowning. "What do you mean?"

[Planetside - Cave]

Chira wasn't exactly sure what was going on, but she knew she didn't like it, and she sure as hell knew that she didn't want Henriks to do anything stupid. Brave, yes...and adorable, but...Men, she thought, stepping out from behind him and moving to his side. "He's right, we don't want trouble. We're doctors. Healers? We're just here to help."

She glanced over to where her brother was approaching, and it seemed like Arch and some of her crew might be moving this way, too. Things were about to get interesting in their little corner of the cave. God spare us from 'interesting', she thought, frowning a bit.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 3:09 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Planetside - Cavern]

Derek Black wrote:

"Sir." Derek replied promptly, turning and pointing at two of the security officers from their original team. "You're with us, set phasers to heavy stun, discreetly. You two," He directed the remainder, "See if you can't find Commander Ayora, I suggest we begin organizing breakout groups, and stationing details to cover the entrances. Once again, discreetly, please."

Returning his attention to T'Koris, Derek nodded towards the only two guards which were visible. One of them had stepped away from his post at the corridor entrance and was talking to one of their medics. "Captain, that seems like a good place to start."

[Planetside - Cavern]

Archangel offered her husband a faint, reassuring smile, using one hand to touch his shoulder before he left, then turned to Black. He had taken on the job of delegating tasks to the security team, something that she wasn't sure she was happy with at that point, but she wasn't going to bring it up.

When he turned back to her, she nodded to him. "Yes, it does," she replied before looking up at the soldier standing in the way of their exit. She strode up to him, expecting the pilot to follow her, the fact that she favoured her right leg obvious to the trained eye.

"I'm Archangel T'Koris, Captain of the USS Phoenix," she stated.
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 4:35 pm

Chira Abols wrote:

[Planetside - Cave]

Chira wasn't exactly sure what was going on, but she knew she didn't like it, and she sure as hell knew that she didn't want Henriks to do anything stupid.  Brave, yes...and adorable, but...Men, she thought, stepping out from behind him and moving to his side.  "He's right, we don't want trouble.  We're doctors.  Healers?  We're just here to help."  

She glanced over to where her brother was approaching, and it seemed like Arch and some of her crew might be moving this way, too.  Things were about to get interesting in their little corner of the cave.  God spare us from 'interesting', she thought, frowning a bit.  

[Cave]

Movement caught his eye as Chira around to stand by his side. His gaze turned briefly to the gun before going back to his lovely lady. Oh, how he hated weapons. They made him so nervous, and the only reason he wasn't completely jumpy was because of the calming affect on him. But he knew there was no change of getting the soldier to put his weapon away. It would be like asking Henriks to put away his medical equipment, which was conveniently far away on the ship. And the soldier had told them that no medical resources would be spared. God forbid any of them sustained any injuries worse than Davis.

Soon, more of their own people came into view, including the captain and Chira's brother. He turned back to Davis, making sure the ensign was alright. With the additional people in this small area, it was beginning to feel warm.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 4:55 pm

Andrew Sheridan wrote:

Slowly, Andrew stood up to visually scan the medical bay. It unnerved him a bit that the Nebula-class starship was nearly devoid of Starfleet personnel. It made the ship feel almost like a ghost vessel, and that simply did not set well with Andrew. He glanced behind him to note Ilana as the one who had saved him from the flying tricorder. Nodding his thanks, he then made it clear with a new glance from Ilana to those they had found in the medical bay.

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

[USS Phoenix - Sickbay]

Gavin's throw went fairly wide, owing mainly to the fact that Thelos startled him by yelling his name.  That, and that he'd never had an arm for baseball.

"Oh!  Um.  Sorry?" he said, rather sheepishly, as a fresh flush of crimson sneaked into his cheeks.  Gavin didn't know Sheridan, but he remembered the Klingon and Cardassian from back on base...back when things went belly-up with those spores.  And now, here they were, together again...and things were once again insane.  Seemed to be the story of his life, anymore.

The young science officer nodded along with Sheridan's run-down of everything.  "That's the long and short of it.  You know just about what we do - and where did you all come from, anyway?  I dunno where the captain is, but...Thelos and I were planning on gassing the entire ship with neurozine.  Then we'll be in a better position to see where everyone is!"  He knew he was acting a little excitable, but...well.  It was his first ship-wide abduction crisis.

[USS Phoenix - Sickbay]

Ilana nodded to Ensign Sheridan, resetting her tricorder back to its original scanning settings for a more detailed readout than simply searching for vital signs before she stepped towards Ensign Van Gelder, preparing to check him over. She was interrupted by a small body attaching itself to her leg. She looked down to see Seika T'Koris hugging her leg tightly. The Cardassian smiled at the child she had birthed on a starbase a long way away, while she had still been a medical cadet and not the officer she was now.

As she crouched down to the child's level, Seika began to babble. "We can't gas the ship! Aria's still in my mummy's quarters!"
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 8:00 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel offered her husband a faint, reassuring smile, using one hand to touch his shoulder before he left, then turned to Black.  He had taken on the job of delegating tasks to the security team, something that she wasn't sure she was happy with at that point, but she wasn't going to bring it up.  

When he turned back to her, she nodded to him.  "Yes, it does," she replied before looking up at the soldier standing in the way of their exit.  She strode up to him, expecting the pilot to follow her, the fact that she favoured her right leg obvious to the trained eye.

"I'm Archangel T'Koris, Captain of the USS Phoenix," she stated.

Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 10 Odst(2)

[Planetside - Cave]

Turning her helmeted head to the new arrival, First Pala D'Nara gripped the rifle in her hands. She didn't feel the need to level it against the captain, since her people obviously had the upper hand. Still, these...what organization did the work for? Oh. Right. Starfleet. These Starfleeters were apparently quite resourceful.

"Your identity is known, captain," D'Nara responded, her voice modulated by her helmet apparatus. "Our leadership is currently sorting your crew via their files. We will need some of them for teaching us about your ship systems. All others will be sent to work, where their keep will be earned."

D'Nara honestly wasn't that enthused by this plan to begin with - her people shouldn't have to rely on outside technology to win their war. However, the woman who had approached their leader had been...insistent. Not one used to being told 'no'.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 8:34 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

Movement caught his eye as Chira around to stand by his side. His gaze turned briefly to the gun before going back to his lovely lady. Oh, how he hated weapons. They made him so nervous, and the only reason he wasn't completely jumpy was because of the calming affect on him. But he knew there was no change of getting the soldier to put his weapon away. It would be like asking Henriks to put away his medical equipment, which was conveniently far away on the ship. And the soldier had told them that no medical resources would be spared. God forbid any of them sustained any injuries worse than Davis.

Soon, more of their own people came into view, including the captain and Chira's brother. He turned back to Davis, making sure the ensign was alright. With the additional people in this small area, it was beginning to feel warm.

[Planetside - Cavern]

Eyeing the guard close to Abols and Chira warily, Gabriel nodded to them as he approached. The whole situation was damn peculiar, and that was putting it lightly. None of these people had made demands of Arch or the crew, yet. Their weaponry and armor was fairly modern, but not congruent with a civilization that had the power to transport them en masse. The rifles appeared to be bog-standard plasma blasters.

A sudden rumble sounded, the crack of rock on rock as a split opened in the cave wall. That wasn't so unusual, as it seemed this place was ready to fall apart on a hair trigger. However, what was alarming was the fact that his sister had been leaning close to that section of wall. And now she was gone.

"Chira!" he yelled, charging toward the crack in the wall, not giving a damn who had guns pointed at him.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 9:06 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana nodded to Ensign Sheridan, resetting her tricorder back to its original scanning settings for a more detailed readout than simply searching for vital signs before she stepped towards Ensign Van Gelder, preparing to check him over.  She was interrupted by a small body attaching itself to her leg.  She looked down to see Seika T'Koris hugging her leg tightly.  The Cardassian smiled at the child she had birthed on a starbase a long way away, while she had still been a medical cadet and not the officer she was now.

As she crouched down to the child's level, Seika began to babble.  "We can't gas the ship!  Aria's still in my mummy's quarters!"

[USS Phoenix - Sickbay]

"Oh. Man," Gavin said, scrubbing his fingers through a bob of auburn hair that was unruly, even on the best of days. Today...well. It was hopeless. "Aria, right." Of course the little baby was still in the captain's quarters. Seika had said as much. He wasn't sure what effect the gas would have on a near-two-year-old, but...now wasn't the time to try the experiment.

He glanced around sickbay, thinking about what they'd need. Breathing masks, obviously. "Okay. What about this. What if the three of you," he said, nodding to Sheridan's motley crew, "release the neurozine. Thelos and I will take Seika back to the captain's quarters and see to Aria." Turning to the Andorian, he smiled apologetically. "I don't guess you ever played in a jungle gym as a kid, did you? That's about what the Jefferies tubes are like..."
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 9:24 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

[USS Phoenix - Sickbay]

"Oh.  Man," Gavin said, scrubbing his fingers through a bob of auburn hair that was unruly, even on the best of days.  Today...well.  It was hopeless.  "Aria, right."  Of course the little baby was still in the captain's quarters.  Seika had said as much.  He wasn't sure what effect the gas would have on a near-two-year-old, but...now wasn't the time to try the experiment.  

He glanced around sickbay, thinking about what they'd need.  Breathing masks, obviously.  "Okay.  What about this.  What if the three of you," he said, nodding to Sheridan's motley crew, "release the neurozine.  Thelos and I will take Seika back to the captain's quarters and see to Aria."  Turning to the Andorian, he smiled apologetically.  "I don't guess you ever played in a jungle gym as a kid, did you?  That's about what the Jefferies tubes are like..."

Thelos had nearly forgotten all about Aria. Well, not totally. He just hadn't considered how the gas might affect such a small child when they'd hastily made their plan. "Don't worry, Seika. We'll get your sister," he assured.

When Gavin mentioned Jefferies tubes, he actually had to pause and swallow a lump in his throat. It reminded him too much of the Chin'Toka takeover, when he'd first woken up in one of them after running away from people chasing him. His pause only lasted a fraction of a second and then he was fully ready to take on the trip.

"Ah, yeah, they're no fun. Advantages to being short for me, I guess. We should hurry along, though."
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 8:58 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Planetside - Cavern]

Eyeing the guard close to Abols and Chira warily, Gabriel nodded to them as he approached.  The whole situation was damn peculiar, and that was putting it lightly.  None of these people had made demands of Arch or the crew, yet.  Their weaponry and armor was fairly modern, but not congruent with a civilization that had the power to transport them en masse.  The rifles appeared to be bog-standard plasma blasters.

A sudden rumble sounded, the crack of rock on rock as a split opened in the cave wall.  That wasn't so unusual, as it seemed this place was ready to fall apart on a hair trigger.  However, what was alarming was the fact that his sister had been leaning close to that section of wall.  And now she was gone.

"Chira!" he yelled, charging toward the crack in the wall, not giving a damn who had guns pointed at him.

[Cave]

Henriks was coughed violently for a few seconds as he pushed himself back onto his feet. "You guys alright?" he asked between breaths as it began to subside. Davis, behind him, let out a gasp in pain, his eyes wide. Henriks had been standing with Chira when the wall supporting the ensign and part of the ceiling suddenly came tumbling down. He pushed somebody, one of them, without thinking out of the path of the falling rocks.

A quick glance told him that they were alone and completely isolated, caved in. The tunnel sprouted off in two different directions, both of rich ran away from where the rest of their crewmates stood. Taking a step towards where Davis lay, Henriks cringed. His ankle was sprained, if not worse, but he didn't have time to check in now. "Chira? Are you alright?"
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 8:06 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

He glanced around sickbay, thinking about what they'd need.  Breathing masks, obviously.  "Okay.  What about this.  What if the three of you," he said, nodding to Sheridan's motley crew, "release the neurozine.  Thelos and I will take Seika back to the captain's quarters and see to Aria."  Turning to the Andorian, he smiled apologetically.  "I don't guess you ever played in a jungle gym as a kid, did you?  That's about what the Jefferies tubes are like..."

[USS Phoenix - Sickbay]

Raynor turned his attention back to the gathering of officers.  He'd been idly cleaning his tajtiq off on a cut-off scrap of the dead man's uniform.  The warrior who put a blade away stained did not deserve the blade.  He nodded, shrugging a little.  It seemed as good a plan as any.  "We also have one of the commboxes," the Klingon reminded the group.  "With it, hopefully we can listen in to some chatter and avoid confrontations if at all possible."  He knew it might sound funny, the words 'avoid confrontation' coming from the lips of a Klingon, but he also knew that they were here for a specific purpose...not to go to guerrilla war with a ship full of invaders.  No matter how much good practice that would be...for everyone.

"We might take Engineering," he said, thinking out loud.  "A direct, swift assault might throw them off guard long enough to disperse this...gas."  The Klingon in him thought very little of using such a method to defeat enemies.  "We might even cause a diversion by way of the commbox, but that would also tip our hand a bit early."  

Raynor turned now to Ilana.  This was going to be very dangerous, possibly deadly work.  "I want you to go with the doctors, Lana, to see after the child."
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 8:44 am

Henriks Ābols wrote:

Henriks was coughed violently for a few seconds as he pushed himself back onto his feet. "You guys alright?" he asked between breaths as it began to subside. Davis, behind him, let out a gasp in pain, his eyes wide. Henriks had been standing with Chira when the wall supporting the ensign and part of the ceiling suddenly came tumbling down. He pushed somebody, one of them, without thinking out of the path of the falling rocks.

A quick glance told him that they were alone and completely isolated, caved in. The tunnel sprouted off in two different directions, both of rich ran away from where the rest of their crewmates stood. Taking a step towards where Davis lay, Henriks cringed. His ankle was sprained, if not worse, but he didn't have time to check in now. "Chira? Are you alright?"

[Planetside - Cavern]

"Aah!" Chira spouted as a slide of rocks barreled her over. There was intense pain in her lower leg and ribs. "God son of a damn!" she bit off, frowning. Chira had never been particularly good at cursing and colorful metaphors. Testing things out, she did a quick self-diagnostic. Yep. Ankle was broken. Ribs probably bruised. Not good. "I'm alright," she said, making her response quick, since she knew how Henriks worried. "Or, some semblance thereof. Alright enough, I guess."

Spitting rock dust, Chira coughed, and then coughed again. She could hear Gabriel and the others on the far side of the rock slide. "Can...can we dig through it?"
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 11:08 am

Chira Abols wrote:

[Planetside - Cavern]

"Aah!" Chira spouted as a slide of rocks barreled her over.  There was intense pain in her lower leg and ribs.  "God son of a damn!" she bit off, frowning.  Chira had never been particularly good at cursing and colorful metaphors.  Testing things out, she did a quick self-diagnostic.  Yep.  Ankle was broken.  Ribs probably bruised.  Not good.  "I'm alright," she said, making her response quick, since she knew how Henriks worried.  "Or, some semblance thereof.  Alright enough, I guess."

Spitting rock dust, Chira coughed, and then coughed again.  She could hear Gabriel and the others on the far side of the rock slide.  "Can...can we dig through it?"

[Cave]

Chira responded quickly, but he still wanted to run a few scans on both of them just to be sure of things. Henriks reached into his pocket for the tricorder only to find a bruise and a busted tricorder, which must have been broken by the falling rocks. He let it slide from his hand to the floor and couldn't help but feeling a bit of dismay. There were still some things he could still do, but not everything could be diagnosed by eyes alone. Still, he would be keeping an eye on his lovely lady, looking for any sides of pain she may be trying to hide. "But be sure to tell me if anything hurts, m'lady, please?"

Briefly looking back towards the new wall, Henriks replied, "Yeah, I suppose we could. Most of the rocks are small enough, but it would take a while, and we could trigger another avalanche of sorts."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 1:48 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"We might take Engineering," he said, thinking out loud.  "A direct, swift assault might throw them off guard long enough to disperse this...gas."  The Klingon in him thought very little of using such a method to defeat enemies.  "We might even cause a diversion by way of the commbox, but that would also tip our hand a bit early."  

Raynor turned now to Ilana.  This was going to be very dangerous, possibly deadly work.  "I want you to go with the doctors, Lana, to see after the child."

[USS Phoenix - Sickbay]

Ilana frowned as she listened to the plans forming between the other officers. She didn't approve of gassing the ship, but she was aware that there was very little else that could be done, especially since there appeared to be nothing else that they could do.

Picking up an abandoned PADD from a console, she quickly typed a message which she then handed to Raynor.

Use the ship's sensors to try to find the rest of the crew when you get down to Engineering. I am not happy about separation, but I will do as you say. Be safe.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 3:51 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

Thelos had nearly forgotten all about Aria. Well, not totally. He just hadn't considered how the gas might affect such a small child when they'd hastily made their plan. "Don't worry, Seika. We'll get your sister," he assured.

When Gavin mentioned Jefferies tubes, he actually had to pause and swallow a lump in his throat. It reminded him too much of the Chin'Toka takeover, when he'd first woken up in one of them after running away from people chasing him. His pause only lasted a fraction of a second and then he was fully ready to take on the trip.

"Ah, yeah, they're no fun. Advantages to being short for me, I guess. We should hurry along, though."

[USS Phoenix - Sickbay]

Running to gather up breathing apparati from Sickbay's equipment storage locker, Gavin couldn't help but mull over the somewhat-pained expression that had come over Thelos' face at the mention of the Jeffries tubes. It almost seemed like the Andorian dreaded going into them. Of course, Gavin thought, remembering back to what he'd heard of the Chin'toka's capture, and Thelos' role in it. It was something he'd have to try and talk to the Andorian about at some point, if they were going to continue on with...er. Whatever it was they were starting. Were they starting? He had no idea.

What was immediately important, though, was helping the captain's baby girl. "Alright, Seika," he said, kneeling down to the child's level and smiling. "Take Thelos and I through the crawlways to your house, please, and we'll make sure Aria is okay." Glancing up, he noted that Dr. Telak had joined their party, so he gave her a mask, too. As he handed the apparatus over to Thelos, Gavin made sure to gently place his other hand on the Andorian's blue one, smiling softly. "Let's go do this."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 6:35 pm

[Planetside - Cavern]

A litany of cursing flew from Gabriel's lips, profanity echoing off the dank, stone walls of the cavern as he rushed over to the point at which Henriks, Chira, the injured crewman, and god-knew-who else had disappeared. Had they fallen into a sinkhole, or into a crevice?

He was on the pile of rubble in a second, brushing past the armed guard. At least the guard didn't seem all that interested in the goings-on of their prisoners. He was fairly sure the armored goon didn't care a whit if his crew lived or died. My crew...or my *sister*. Gabriel knew he would never forgive himself if anything bad happened to her.

Reaching down, Gabe started to move rocks off the caved-in pile. "Let's get these off of them and see what we're up against," he said, feeling his hands scrape against the stone. He desperately hoped that there were no serious injuries, since there were no facilities down here. Gabe also didn't think their captors would react kindly to any request for medical aid.
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Participated in the first mission Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 11:38 pm

USS PHOENIX

"I have a better idea," Andrew spoke up as he brought up the ship's schematics for all to see on the PADD. "I agree that the Captain's daughter must be taken care of in the manner suggested, but Main Engineering is a hit too well expected by a prepared enemy that so easily overcame our comrades. Thus, I suggest we hit Deck 27: Environmental Control. From there, we can do exactly as proposed with the gas, and still tap into the ship's sensors to look for the crew. No one...or only one or two people would be there to guard that. Most likely, no one at all. After all, it isn't a critical part of the ship as most see things. Either way, exposure to opposition would be far less, and securing the area easier and more rapid. Ms. Jones, monitor enemy transmissions from the confiscated comm unit. Once we tap into the gas system; we will isolate it from Environmental Control and the Captain's Quarters. All other decks will be flooded," Andrew explained. "Time is of the essence...so unless someone has an objection or observation to this...lets get moving. I don't know what their time schedule for check-ins was, but we don't want them to discover they are missing someone already."

Andrew waited for any further comments before turning to his team and nodding towards the hall. It was time to take the PHOENIX back, and find out what had happened to her people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mission 1: The Price of Kindness
Page 10 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next