Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Mission 3: Choices - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Mission 3: Choices - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Mission 3: Choices - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Mission 3: Choices - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Mission 3: Choices - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Mission 3: Choices - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Mission 3: Choices - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Mission 3: Choices - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Mission 3: Choices - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Mission 3: Choices - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Mission 3: Choices

Go down 
+9
Alexander Wu
A'Della M. Es'Starla
Andrew Sheridan
Zero Alpha
Matthew Thompson
NPC
Gabriel Arthur
Chira Abols
Gavin Van Gelder
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
NPC

NPC

Post of the Month - Mission

Mission 3: Choices - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 8:55 am

Mission 3: Choices - Page 7 Administrator_zpsdc00ee38
Administrator Nile Mills

[Planetside]

Mills lead the small group outside of the main building, back into the open air. Even though they'd equipped themselves with rebreathers, it still felt a little better to be outside. The yellowish-green sun had passed its zenith, leaving them with about seven standard hours of daylight. "We should have plenty of time to get there and see what is happening," he said, motioning to the speeders.

The vehicles were large, disc-like constructs with repulsor-hover technology on the bottoms. They ran quietly, moving with a gentle bobbing motion as they waited for the occupants. Mills climbed into one, while another jump-suited colony tech piloted the other. "Shall we?" he smiled, slipping a pair of goggles on.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 9:44 am

NPC wrote:
Administrator Nile Mills

[Planetside]

Mills lead the small group outside of the main building, back into the open air.  Even though they'd equipped themselves with rebreathers, it still felt a little better to be outside.  The yellowish-green sun had passed its zenith, leaving them with about seven standard hours of daylight.  "We should have plenty of time to get there and see what is happening," he said, motioning to the speeders.

The vehicles were large, disc-like constructs with repulsor-hover technology on the bottoms.  They ran quietly, moving with a gentle bobbing motion as they waited for the occupants.  Mills climbed into one, while another jump-suited colony tech piloted the other.  "Shall we?" he smiled, slipping a pair of goggles on.

"Oh ho. I have got to get myself one of these. Now I wish I brought my riding helmet down." He commented the life returning to his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 11:34 am

NPC wrote:
Administrator Nile Mills
[Central Processing]

"Of course, doctor," Mills nodded.  "The more specifics have been cataloged for you on your padd data, but, in short...your basic gastrointestinal distrubance.  Cramps, sickness, and the like.  Two of our workers had to be sent with Ferengi traders to be placed at the nearest starbase, since their small intestines stopped absorbing nutrients.  Those are the worst cases, however.  So far it's been a hell of an annoyance, but not deadly, thank the Great Bird."

He glanced at Captain T'Koris, smiling.  "I'll get some speeders here, right away," he said, speaking into a wrist-comm, calling for three of the vehicles to meet them at the Processing plant.  "They'll be here in minutes.  Shall we go?"

[Central Processing]

Henriks nodded, tapping the middle of the screen to re-wake his padd and find the information that he had either missed before, or just hadn't been there. Either way it didn't matter. It was data that he hoped would prove very useful for making the vaccine that A'Della had suggested. She will no doubt make a good DH, Henriks thought. Even though he hadn't seen much of her, this much was already making itself clear. Turning back to Mills again, he asked, "You say that two of your workers had to be sent. Would it be possible to visit some of the others?" Hard data was one thing, highly important, but Henriks preferred to see things for himself. It helped him to process things better, and was sometimes all it took for everything to click into place for him.
Back to top Go down
A'Della M. Es'Starla
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 2:59 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

[Central Processing]

Henriks nodded, tapping the middle of the screen to re-wake his padd and find the information that he had either missed before, or just hadn't been there. Either way it didn't matter. It was data that he hoped would prove very useful for making the vaccine that A'Della had suggested. She will no doubt make a good DH, Henriks thought. Even though he hadn't seen much of her, this much was already making itself clear. Turning back to Mills again, he asked, "You say that two of your workers had to be sent. Would it be possible to visit some of the others?" Hard data was one thing, highly important, but Henriks preferred to see things for himself. It helped him to process things better, and was sometimes all it took for everything to click into place for him.

[Central Processing ]

A'Della nodded at Henriks question. "Agreed, we should check out more of the water tables, see if mountains or hills rain waters are placing contaminates into their drinking water, and see if we can find the source of the Bacteria, and other Viral agents."

She continued to scan and gather samples for the LAB.
Back to top Go down
http://3radcatsproductions.com/
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 9:11 pm

[Planetside]

Once he and the rest of the medical and science crew got a few more readings and samples, Gavin clambered his lanky form into one of the air-speeders.  The smooth, chrome-like surface of the disc reflected the muted sunlight quite well, and he was glad for the protective goggles that instantly polarized themselves.  "Alright," he said, strapping himself in with a safety restraint.  "Let's do this."

It was a bit more excited than most science officers get, and Gavin was sure there'd be a look or two shot his way, but...he didn't give a damn.  The speeder began to pick up acceleration, sending the alien landscape shooting on by, putting distance between the crew and the protected enclosure of the colony.  He felt the wind whipping through his auburn hair.  "This is awesome!" the science officer said, throwing his hands up.  He almost immediately began to regret opening his mouth, as a bug flew in.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 7:40 am

[Planetside - Processing Plant]

Watching the land speeders depart with the majority of the away team, Archangel then turned to Lieutenant Sheridan, putting her hands on her hips. "Well, I guess it's just you and me now, Lieutenant. The Phoenix should be sending down a shuttle with the parts we need shortly."
Back to top Go down
Alexander Wu
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 12:23 pm

[Cargo Bay 3]

It had taken about half an hour for the preparations to be completed, along with finding the schematics of the colony below and marking the pre-existing infrastructure so they could transport the new hardware directly to those sites. Traditionally, the multiple projects which Sheridan planned on implementing in the colony would've meant also transporting down several teams to complete the work faster, but with the unknown illness which was wreaking misery below, no one wanted to risk more of the crew than was absolutely necessary.

With the transporter pad fulled loaded with pallets, and the multiple coordinates keyed in, Alex tapped his commbadge. =/\="Wu to Lieutenant Sheridan. Sir, we're ready to beam down components for the sensor grid and subspace relay. The remainder of your requisition should be departing via shuttlecraft shortly. Do you require any further equipment or personnel?"=/\=
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Participated in the first mission Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 5:58 pm

Andrew faced his Captain after she addressed him.

"Aye, it would appear so, Ma'am," he said with a slight nod.

Only a moment later, Petty Officer Wu contacted him about the supplies on the way.

=/\= "Thank you, Mr. Wu. The colony is understaffed in engineering personnel; so if you would pass on that request for about three to five more personnel from that department....or even one or two from Ops...that would good. Transport when you are ready," =/\= Andrew stated after tapping his communicator. =/\= "Make sure any additional personnel have up to date breathers, because we don't need anyone getting contaminated," =/\= he added a bit solemnly.

"We should gather any of the colony engineers so they can us with the installing of the new equipment. Better that way for them to learn about it; than to simply give it to them," Andrew stated to the Captain.
Back to top Go down
A'Della M. Es'Starla
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 6:22 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:
[Planetside]

Once he and the rest of the medical and science crew got a few more readings and samples, Gavin clambered his lanky form into one of the air-speeders.  The smooth, chrome-like surface of the disc reflected the muted sunlight quite well, and he was glad for the protective goggles that instantly polarized themselves.  "Alright," he said, strapping himself in with a safety restraint.  "Let's do this."

It was a bit more excited than most science officers get, and Gavin was sure there'd be a look or two shot his way, but...he didn't give a damn.  The speeder began to pick up acceleration, sending the alien landscape shooting on by, putting distance between the crew and the protected enclosure of the colony.  He felt the wind whipping through his auburn hair.  "This is awesome!" the science officer said, throwing his hands up.  He almost immediately began to regret opening his mouth, as a bug flew in.

A'Della noted his delight at riding in the speeder. She kept her mouth closed and watched for flying objects. She wanted to get to the place, gather samples, find the how, where and why of it and get back to the lab.
Back to top Go down
Alexander Wu
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 12:43 am

Andrew Sheridan wrote:

Only a moment later, Petty Officer Wu contacted him about the supplies on the way.

=/\= "Thank you, Mr. Wu.  The colony is understaffed in engineering personnel; so if you would pass on that request for about three to five more personnel from that department....or even one or two from Ops...that would good.  Transport when you are ready," =/\= Andrew stated after tapping his communicator.  =/\= "Make sure any additional personnel have up to date breathers, because we don't need anyone getting contaminated," =/\= he added a bit solemnly.

"We should gather any of the colony engineers so they can us with the installing of the new equipment.  Better that way for them to learn about it; than to simply give it to them," Andrew stated to the Captain.

[Cargo Bay 3]

=/\="Acknowledge, sir."=/\= Alex replied, activating the transporter and watching the crates disappear from view. Resetting the system as soon as the rematerialization confirmations flashed green, he quickly sent a message to Engineering. While he wanted to head down to the surface, he knew that Engineering could better assist the Lieutenant. "Keldar," Alex called over to the Ferengi across the bay. "Grab your kit and a rebreather, head to transporter room 2."

=/\="Wu to Engineering. The away team has requested an engineering team consisting of five members to beam down in support. Rebreathers will be required for this assignment, report to transporter room 2 as soon as possible."=/\=
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 4:38 am

Andrew Sheridan wrote:

=/\= "Thank you, Mr. Wu.  The colony is understaffed in engineering personnel; so if you would pass on that request for about three to five more personnel from that department....or even one or two from Ops...that would good.  Transport when you are ready," =/\= Andrew stated after tapping his communicator.  =/\= "Make sure any additional personnel have up to date breathers, because we don't need anyone getting contaminated," =/\= he added a bit solemnly.

"We should gather any of the colony engineers so they can us with the installing of the new equipment.  Better that way for them to learn about it; than to simply give it to them," Andrew stated to the Captain.

[Planetside - Processing plant]

"I think that the majority of the colony's engineering personnel are currently in hospital," Archangel replied to Lieutenant Sheridan, "otherwise I would have agreed with you. We'll have to make do with recommending that a detachment of the SCE drop by to teach them at some point in the future."

The familiar whine of the transporters interrupted any further line of thought as they started to deposit the crates of parts that they needed to upgrade the plant. A look of eagerness brightened up the Romulan's face. She was back in territory that she loved. "Well, shall we get started?"
Back to top Go down
Safefta Pardek
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Star Cross
Post of the Month - Shore Leave

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 5:38 am

Derek Black wrote:
[Shuttlebay 2]

Standing up straight as the bay doors opened to let in a flurry of cargo totting technicians, Derek strode towards his shuttle. A manifest had appeared on his PADD, and he checked over several of the large containers as they were loaded into the back. Most were components of a biofilter upgrade for the colony below, although two smaller containers held data storage modules.

Turning to receive a sealed case, Derek grimaced while reading the label. "Rebreathers?" He asked the science crewman who had dropped them off. "For the away team below. You'll need one for this trip as well, unless you want to spend some time in quarantine. Just got word that the contaminants on the surface might be airborne."

"Just swell..." Derek muttered to himself, passing the case off to be placed inside. Stepping off to the side of the bay where two storage lockers stood, he opened one up to examine the assortment of equipment belts hung inside with displeasure. Rebreathers always made him feel, ironically, mildly out of breath. Drawing out a belt, he slung it over his shoulder before tapping on his commbadge. =/\="Chief Black to Ensign Pardek. Ma'am, we're about ready to set off from Shuttlebay 2."=/\=

[Corridors]

When the call came in through the co, Safefta had already been making her way down to the shuttlebay. She really hadn't been all that surprised to hear that more security was being sent off ship and down to the planet. The first officer tended to be quite protective of the captain. Pardek would say she didn't blame him... but at this point she had no idea what was considered normal or not.

=/\=I will be there in thirty seconds at most.=/\= she replied after tapping her badge.

She might have actually gotten there sooner if she didn't find herself forced into a brief conversation with a crewman in a turbolift. Clearly not everyone had gotten the vibe that she wasn't interested in talking.

[Shuttlebay 2]

It didn't take her long to find Black, and the shuttle they'd be taking. "My apologies for the delay," she said in a monotone.
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 8:00 am

Administrator Nile Mills
Henriks Ābols wrote:

[Planetside]

"Of course, doctor. We can all meet back in the residential area's main lodge when we return." Mills loaded up with the rest of the science detachment, fastening himself into the speeder.

Once they got moving, it was obvious that at least one of the officers was having a hell of a time riding a land-speeder. God, he just looks like a kid, he thought, reminded of his sister's own son. His nephew would be old enough to take the Academy entrance exam, this semester. Or whatever the relative time on Earth was.

Soon, the fast speeder ate up kilometers, sending them zooming along the banks of a wide river that narrowed considerably as the landscape became rougher. He was relieved to see no visual evidence of tampering on the river banks. Relieved...but irritated, nonetheless. That would have been a simple enough answer.

The little party soon landed, coming to the mouth of the river. Or, at least, its source on the surface side. The water itself was issuing from the depths of a mountainside. Unfortunately, that rocky entrance was extremely low, only about half a meter high. "Well, here's where it comes from," Mills said. "I...don't suppose any of you have the ability to assume a gaseous form...do you?" he asked, only half-joking. With Starfleet, one never knew.

Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 11:26 am

NPC wrote:
Administrator Nile Mills

[Planetside]

"Of course, doctor.  We can all meet back in the residential area's main lodge when we return."  Mills loaded up with the rest of the science detachment, fastening himself into the speeder.  

Once they got moving, it was obvious that at least one of the officers was having a hell of a time riding a land-speeder.  God, he just looks like a kid, he thought, reminded of his sister's own son.  His nephew would be old enough to take the Academy entrance exam, this semester.  Or whatever the relative time on Earth was.

Soon, the fast speeder ate up kilometers, sending them zooming along the banks of a wide river that narrowed considerably as the landscape became rougher.  He was relieved to see no visual evidence of tampering on the river banks.  Relieved...but irritated, nonetheless.  That would have been a simple enough answer.

[Planetside]

Henriks nodded, not climbing onto a speeder with the rest of the others. He knew A'Della was more than qualified to handle collecting data from a medical perspective, and he wished to have a more hands on understanding of the patients. Then, when new information was unearthed, they would be better able to put it to use. "Let me know when you get anything, Miss A'Della," Henriks said before the group sped off on their vehicles. He watched them for a moment before making his way to wherever the patients were being kept.
Back to top Go down
A'Della M. Es'Starla
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 6:09 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

[Planetside]

Henriks nodded, not climbing onto a speeder with the rest of the others. He knew A'Della was more than qualified to handle collecting data from a medical perspective, and he wished to have a more hands on understanding of the patients. Then, when new information was unearthed, they would be better able to put it to use. "Let me know when you get anything, Miss A'Della," Henriks said before the group sped off on their vehicles. He watched them for a moment before making his way to wherever the patients were being kept.

A'Della, nodded. "Aye, Sir." She took samples and tested them. She noted that there were higher concentrations on the top of the water vs the deeper depth samples taken. "I have confirmed that the samples from top water have a higher concentration than the ones in deeper depths. " She scanned the area noting the high ground had run offs that deposited their liquids into the main water table. She walked along, getting closer to the hill. Taking samples she looked around and said. "If these are old mines, and the other on that ridge are bio-waste facilities, that would contaminate the drinking water, I Have noticed more dead fish, and wildlife the further up stream we go."

She turned to Henriks and ask. "What are your findings, and should we investigate the closed mines and the closed bio-hazard waste facility?"

Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 7:25 pm

Once the equipment they had requisitioned for had arrived for the most part via the transporter; Andrew Sheridan nodded to his Captain. He had not realized most of the colony's engineering staff were in the hospital. It was, then, a good thing that Mr. Wu had sent down with the equipment a few extra members from Engineering, and even one from Ops to aid them in the installation.

"As the bio filtering system is the greatest threat at this moment; I suggest we start there," he stated, and with those words...Lieutenant J.G Sheridan began to gather up the tools needed to safely uninstall the current outdated model. He had no trouble getting his hands dirty to help others. Soon, two of the newly arrived Engineers from the starship began to help him; while the others turned to their Captain to see what she wanted them to work on.

So badly were the pieces of equipment needing to be replaced; that it took Andrew and his team fifteen minutes longer to actually uninstall the module. Clearly, whoever had helped the colonists install the unit had not taught them about proper upkeep. Andrew frowned as he took a tricorder to scan the area where the module had been installed. Several of the connection points were worn way past safety protocols. Then, the tricorder came back with something unexpected, and Andrew's brows drew down in concern and suspicion.

"Captain, might want to take a look at this," Andrew offered as he came over to her, and showed the readings he had just picked up.

The entire connection for the bio filter processing had been eaten away corrosive acidic compound...one that was not naturally occurring. The amount of trace left over estimated that only a few drops had been used of the rather disturbing liquid.

"I'd say this happened in the last three month...maybe four," Andrew whispered to her. With the colonists clearly not doing proper upkeep on their equipment...compliments of possibly not being taught how...it would have been easy to sabotage such without raising suspicions.
Back to top Go down
Derek Black
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 10:46 pm

Safefta Pardek wrote:

[Shuttlebay 2]

It didn't take her long to find Black, and the shuttle they'd be taking. "My apologies for the delay," she said in a monotone.

[Shuttlebay 2]

"No worries, ma'am." Derek replied, taking out another respirator for the Ensign. "Shuttle's about all packed up. You're going to need this." He handed her the rebreather, waving towards the waiting craft. "Ready to go?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 12:30 pm

Andrew Sheridan wrote:

"Captain, might want to take a look at this," Andrew offered as he came over to her, and showed the readings he had just picked up.

The entire connection for the bio filter processing had been eaten away corrosive acidic compound...one that was not naturally occurring.  The amount of trace left over estimated that only a few drops had been used of the rather disturbing liquid.

"I'd say this happened in the last three month...maybe four," Andrew whispered to her.  With the colonists clearly not doing proper upkeep on their equipment...compliments of possibly not being taught how...it would have been easy to sabotage such without raising suspicions.

Having taken the necessary parts and tools, Archangel had gone to start stripping out and replacing another of the filtering modules. It made sense for her to get stuck in and help get the job done rather than just standing over them with her arms folded and watch them.

She looked up as Lieutenant Sheridan approached her, her slanted eyebrows furrowing slightly as she looked at the information on the tricorder. Not being a biologist, she didn't recognise the compound, but she knew enough of the basics to know that, whatever it was, it shouldn't be there.

"Curious," she murmured, more to herself than to the Lieutenant. She looked back up at him. "Send that information on to the science team. We'll have to wait and see if they come up with a source for this since it'll be easier to treat the cause rather than the symptom."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 6:20 pm

[Planetside]

Unfortunately, the speeder ride had to come to an end. Gavin found himself as stymied as the rest of the crew at the narrow space from which the river issued. How in the hell were they going to get in there without disturbing the landscape? "Hmm..." he said, taking out his tricorder and taking readings. A few minutes later, he found what he was looking for. "Got it!" he said, his grin happy and boyish. "Not a hundred yards to the northeast, there's a cavern entrance that leads into the mountainside."

Soon, the group of researchers and sec/tacs were moving through the darkness of a cave, with milky-white stalactites hanging the ceiling. High-calcium deposits, Gavin thought, his tricorder confirming a half-second later. "Do you hear...the hell is that?" he asked Mills. The Administrator shrugged, looking somewhat uncomfortable at being down in the cave. "That chittering sound? Sounds too deep to be bats...or any bat I know of, at least."

As the group rounded the corner through a tight corridor, the passage opened up into a wide chamber, and Gavin's question was answered. "Oh holy..." He hit his badge.

=^="Van Gelder to Captain T'Koris...ma'am, I think you'll want to see this."=^=
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 11:27 am

Processing Center

Andrew nodded to his Captain, and began transmitting the findings to the Science and Medical staff away exploring the source. It would be up to them to determine what the cause was, and to confirm what it seemed to mean.

No sooner had he sent that information; Ensign Van Gelder's voice came over the communicator the the Captain. By the tone...it didn't sound good. Reflectively, Andrew's free hand dropped to his phaser sidearm, but he didn't draw the weapon just yet. He narrowed his eyes as he scanned the room for trouble, and strained to listen to their surroundings. A sliver of his mind reached out to the area around them to further keep him alert to any...surprises. This was especially true after the discovered sabotage of the connections to the bio filter unit.

'Something is way off around here,' he thought to himself suspiciously.
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 11:45 am

A'Della M. Es'Starla wrote:

A'Della, nodded. "Aye, Sir." She took samples and tested them. She noted that there were higher concentrations on the top of the water vs the deeper depth samples taken. "I have confirmed that the samples from top water have a higher concentration than the ones in deeper depths. " She scanned the area noting the high ground had run offs that deposited their liquids into the main water table. She walked along, getting closer to the hill. Taking samples she looked around and said. "If these are old mines, and the other on that ridge are bio-waste facilities, that would contaminate the drinking water, I Have noticed more dead fish, and wildlife the further up stream we go."

She turned to Henriks and ask. "What are your findings, and should we investigate the closed mines and the closed bio-hazard waste facility?"
[Planetside - Sickbay]

Henriks found his way to the colony's sickbay with little trouble at all. People saw the blueshirt and all but pointed the way. It was a short walk, which didn't give him a lot of time to think or sort through the tangle of thoughts cluttering his mind. But before he knew it, he was there and A'Della had more information for him.

=/\=I'm just beginning to get a good look at their patients,=/\= he replied, tapping his comm badge. =/\=but from what I can already see, their sickbay is swamped with patients and possible cases. Investigating the the bio-hazard waste facility definitely wouldn't hurt. It would be good to know what kind of bio-hazards we could be dealing with.=/\=

Giving his padd once last look over, he set it down before stepping over to the person who seemed to have the worst condition to see what he could do.
Back to top Go down
A'Della M. Es'Starla
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 12:13 pm

[quote="Henriks Ābols"]

A'Della continued her work, she had seen planets where Industry had nearly ended life on it. This did not appear to be that bad, yet. They would no more as they investigated and treated patients, who were showing signs of Multiple Chemical Sensitivities and Chronic Bacterial and other viral maladies.

She nodded to the others as they worked. She sent her findings onwards to the Away Team's PaDD's.

She moved to a small pond and took samplings, her eyes could see small fish like creatures that appeared to be ill, some even looked mutated.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 6:48 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

=^="Van Gelder to Captain T'Koris...ma'am, I think you'll want to see this."=^=

Andrew Sheridan wrote:
Processing Center

Andrew nodded to his Captain, and began transmitting the findings to the Science and Medical staff away exploring the source. It would be up to them to determine what the cause was, and to confirm what it seemed to mean.

No sooner had he sent that information; Ensign Van Gelder's voice came over the communicator the the Captain. By the tone...it didn't sound good. Reflectively, Andrew's free hand dropped to his phaser sidearm, but he didn't draw the weapon just yet. He narrowed his eyes as he scanned the room for trouble, and strained to listen to their surroundings. A sliver of his mind reached out to the area around them to further keep him alert to any...surprises. This was especially true after the discovered sabotage of the connections to the bio filter unit.

'Something is way off around here,' he thought to himself suspiciously.

Archangel stood up from her position crouched next to the unit she had been working on as the communication came through from Gavin. There was a tone in his voice that she didn't like one bit. A movement out of the corner of her eye drew her attention to the fact that Lieutenant Sheridan had dropped his hand to his phaser. One upswept eyebrow rose slightly.

"I don't think there's any need for that quite yet, Lieutenant," she chided gently. "Let's find out what he's found first."

Tapping her commbadge, she sent a message back to Gavin: "Acknowledged, Ensign. Lieutenant Sheridan and I will be beaming to your location presently." Closing that channel, she then opened one to the shuttle, instructing the onboard computer to enact a site-to-site transport for the two officers to Van Gelder's location.

[Caves]

Trying to shake off the slight feeling of disorientation that she found always accompanied using the transporter, she then folded her arms in an attempt to maintain some heat as the chill of the cave set in and looked to Gavin.

"Alright, Ensign, what is it?"
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 7:29 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Trying to shake off the slight feeling of disorientation that she found always accompanied using the transporter, she then folded her arms in an attempt to maintain some heat as the chill of the cave set in and looked to Gavin.

"Alright, Ensign, what is it?"

[Caverns]

Wide-eyed, Gavin passed his tricorder around him, making sweeping readings for cataloging later. Of all the things he'd expected to see...

The entirety of the cavern was filled with hundreds and hundreds of large birds. At least...he thought they were birds - their dark-feathered wings would indicate so. The creatures were hanging all along the walls of the cavern, and from the ceiling. He also noted there seemed to be hundreds of nests, stuffed into every conceivable crevice.

Gavin turned as the sound of a transporter filled the cavern. "Ma'am," he said, acknowledging the other officers. "It's all a bunch of crap!"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 7:32 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

[Caverns]

Wide-eyed, Gavin passed his tricorder around him, making sweeping readings for cataloging later.  Of all the things he'd expected to see...

The entirety of the cavern was filled with hundreds and hundreds of large birds.  At least...he thought they were birds - their dark-feathered wings would indicate so.  The creatures were hanging all along the walls of the cavern, and from the ceiling.  He also noted there seemed to be hundreds of nests, stuffed into every conceivable crevice.

Gavin turned as the sound of a transporter filled the cavern.  "Ma'am," he said, acknowledging the other officers.  "It's all a bunch of crap!"

[Caverns]

"Language, Ensign," Archangel admonished quietly as her eyes adjusted to the gloom and she spotted what Gavin had seen. The sheer number of animals there, apparently nesting, boggled the mind. She looked to the science officer, hoping that at least he knew what this had to do with the water source. "Report."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mission 3: Choices
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next