Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Mission 3: Choices - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Mission 3: Choices - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Mission 3: Choices - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Mission 3: Choices - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Mission 3: Choices - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Mission 3: Choices - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Mission 3: Choices - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Mission 3: Choices - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Mission 3: Choices - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Mission 3: Choices - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Mission 3: Choices

Go down 
+9
Alexander Wu
A'Della M. Es'Starla
Andrew Sheridan
Zero Alpha
Matthew Thompson
NPC
Gabriel Arthur
Chira Abols
Gavin Van Gelder
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
A'Della M. Es'Starla
Ensign
Ensign

Mission 3: Choices - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 9:53 pm

Chira Abols wrote:

[Counselor's Office]

Setting her teacup aside, Chira stood and greeted the Orion as she entered the office.  To be honest, Chira had never seen an Orion in her shade, but she knew from her basic xenobio that they were more than green.  Still...it was interesting to actually meet one.

"Good morning, Ensign Es'Starla," she said, offering her hand for a shake.  Even though the Orion technically was her superior as commissioned officer...Chira never really thought that the counselor's office was the place for spit-and-polish.  "Go ahead and have a seat, if you'd like.  Can I get you anything to drink?"

[Counselor's Office]

A'Della nodded politely and said. "No thank you, I had tea just before I came for the briefing." She said and sat down in the chair. Raising an eyebrow slightly, her eyes watching the Counselor.

Back to top Go down
http://3radcatsproductions.com/
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 10:35 pm

A'Della M. Es'Starla wrote:

A'Della nodded politely and said.  "No thank you, I had tea just before I came for the briefing."  She said and sat down in the chair.   Raising an eyebrow slightly, her eyes watching the Counselor.  

[Counselor's Office]

Briefing? Chira thought, quirking an eyebrow slightly and smiling warmly. "Oh. I assure you, A'Della...this isn't a briefing of any kind. Nothing nearly as formal." Following suit, Chira re-took her seat, crossing her legs at the ankles in a fairly casual pose. She couldn't help but notice how the woman sat - everything about her screamed assurance, and a fluidity of motion inherent to...dancers? She assumed it wasn't too stereotypical to presume that the woman was a dancer, being Orion and all...

"Anyway. I'm Chira Abols, the ship's counselor. I'm sure you gathered that much, already, but...we're going to be working together quite a bit. My husband, Henriks, is the CMO of the Phoenix." She shrugged one shoulder, grinning. "Not that I'm here to bore you with my pedigree. So. Is this your first deep-space assignment?"
Back to top Go down
A'Della M. Es'Starla
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 10:58 pm

[Counselor's Office]

Briefing? Chira thought, quirking an eyebrow slightly and smiling warmly.  "Oh.  I assure you, A'Della...this isn't a briefing of any kind.  Nothing nearly as formal."  Following suit, Chira re-took her seat, crossing her legs at the ankles in a fairly casual pose.  She couldn't help but notice how the woman sat - everything about her screamed assurance, and a fluidity of motion inherent to...dancers?  She assumed it wasn't too stereotypical to presume that the woman was a dancer, being Orion and all...

"Anyway.  I'm Chira Abols, the ship's counselor.  I'm sure you gathered that much, already, but...we're going to be working together quite a bit.  My husband, Henriks, is the CMO of the Phoenix."  She shrugged one shoulder, grinning.  "Not that I'm here to bore you with my pedigree.  So.  Is this your first deep-space assignment?"[/quote]

A'Della placed her PaDD on her lap and said quietly.  "No, this is not my first deep space mission.  It is one of few missions that I can speak about."  Her lite purple skin, had just a hint of Vulkhunsu green tinge to it.  Her pointed ears another DNA trademark to the Vulkhunsu heritage, the purple hair, eyes and skin from the Orion heritage.    "I can disclose Star Fleet Academy happenings as well as civilian careers."  Raising an eyebrow slightly and moving her long legs into a comfortable position infront of her and slightly angled the feet to the side.  

"It is agreeable to have ones family on a ship, is it not?"  She ask the Counselor, conversation is something most expected.  She had a background as a Bar owner, bar manager and yet for the most part even when dancing, small talk had not been at the forefront of her daily work.  

She looked around and said.  "Thee must find the Phoenix a fine assignment for thy self and thy husbands MOS."

Last edited by A'Della M. Es'Starla on Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to fix the ending quote html in the proper paragraph.)
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 4:08 am

Matthew Thompson wrote:

[Bridge]

"May I bring a type-2 ma'am?" Matthew asked. It wasn't that he thought he'd need it. But he couldn't count the amount of times he thought he wouldn't need a phasers and did. "I will gladly keep it in a holster or keep it consealed."

[Bridge]

Archangel considered the request for a moment. They were supposed to be on a low-risk mission to clean up a colony's water supply. Did that imply the need for anything more than a type 1 phaser? It shouldn't do, but on the other hand, since when had anything on the Phoenix gone as planned?

"All right, Ensign, but keep it holstered unless you absolutely need it."
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 4:20 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Bridge]

Archangel considered the request for a moment.  They were supposed to be on a low-risk mission to clean up a colony's water supply.  Did that imply the need for anything more than a type 1 phaser?  It shouldn't do, but on the other hand, since when had anything on the Phoenix gone as planned?

"All right, Ensign, but keep it holstered unless you absolutely need it."

[Bridge]

"Ey ma'am and where shall I report after I gather my things?" Matthew asked. He was being strangely polite compared to his usual. Likely because he was happy to be back on the job. Still though, it'd likely surprise some people.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 4:53 am

Matthew Thompson wrote:

[Bridge]

"Ey ma'am and where shall I report after I gather my things?" Matthew asked. He was being strangely polite compared to his usual. Likely because he was happy to be back on the job. Still though, it'd likely surprise some people.

[Bridge]

Archangel noted that the Ensign in front of her was being far more cordial than usual. While slightly off-putting, she took it in stride and hoped that he was finally getting into his head that his previous behaviour had been unacceptable and unbecoming of an officer.

"We'll be heading down by shuttle until we determine the nature of the water contaminant," she replied. "Report to the shuttlebay in an hour."
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 6:26 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Bridge]

Archangel noted that the Ensign in front of her was being far more cordial than usual.  While slightly off-putting, she took it in stride and hoped that he was finally getting into his head that his previous behaviour had been unacceptable and unbecoming of an officer.

"We'll be heading down by shuttle until we determine the nature of the water contaminant," she replied.  "Report to the shuttlebay in an hour."

[Bridge]

Matthew let off a slight respectful bow at the order. "Ey, ma'am. May I be dismissed?" There was both an eager tone and a kind tone to his voice now as his eyes remained their beautiful blue. He had a radient and warm smile on his face now.

What few knew was that this was his true nature. Finally having closure about his dead fiancé finally brought this side of him back to the surface. There was an odd gentleness about him now. It was made even more odd by his size. This wasn't a mask, everything on the surface was genuine.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 8:12 am

Matthew Thompson wrote:

[Bridge]

Matthew let off a slight respectful bow at the order. "Ey, ma'am. May I be dismissed?" There was both an eager tone and a kind tone to his voice now as his eyes remained their beautiful blue. He had a radient and warm smile on his face now.

What few knew was that this was his true nature. Finally having closure about his dead fiancé finally brought this side of him back to the surface. There was an odd gentleness about him now. It was made even more odd by his size. This wasn't a mask, everything on the surface was genuine.

[Bridge]

This new attitude of Thompson's was really starting to rattle Archangel. By nature, due to her Romulan heritage, she was already quite a suspicious and paranoid person. Being half Human allowed her to temper those elements of her personality. This new situation, however, was making all of those formerly silent alarm bells ring

"Dismissed, Ensign," she replied, nodding her head briefly and, despite the warnings her brain was screaming at her, turned her back on the security officer and walked back to the command chair.

"Remind me to have a word with the counsellor about him," she said to Gabriel in a low voice.
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 12:28 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

[Sickbay]

Zero had been working in the research lab as normal when the call came through for people to start gathering to receive their orders following the staff briefing with the captain.  She wasn't particularly enthused by the thought of leaving her nice, quiet corner of the lab in favour of having to stand and listen to new orders, but she also knew that she likely didn't have a choice in the matter.

Sighing heavily, she saved the progress she had made on her project and shut down the simulation program, making her way out to the main section of sickbay where Chief Abols had just arrived.  She nodded to him, folding her arms and leaning against an unoccupied biobed, waiting to hear what he had to say.

[Sickbay]

Henriks replied with a quick nod of his own as Alpha stepped into sickbay. She had once been his chief, so it felt odd not to automatically defer to her. He hesitated a moment before pulling out his padd. "We only have so much information from the colony, but they have made it clear that something has contaminated their water sources. Standard contamination processes aren't working, and they are rapidly running out of supplies to treat those who get sick. Captain tells us that the colonists are reporting severe gastrointestinal issues, liver and kidney problems even some nervous system problems.."

He paused to release a tense sigh, on the verge of running his hand through his hair, something he tended to do when stressed or frustrated. This was all the information they currently had, nothing about the medicine being used for treatment, no theories on what the contaminant could have been. "Because of the crisis they are facing, they are probably dealing with some chaos and it's unlikely that we'll get any more information until we actually arrive. Any thoughts on what we have so far?"
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 4:24 pm

A'Della placed her PaDD on her lap and said quietly.  "No, this is not my first deep space mission.  It is one of few missions that I can speak about."  Her lite purple skin, had just a hint of Vulkhunsu green tinge to it.  Her pointed ears another DNA trademark to the Vulkhunsu heritage, the purple hair, eyes and skin from the Orion heritage.    "I can disclose Star Fleet Academy happenings as well as civilian careers."  Raising an eyebrow slightly and moving her long legs into a comfortable position infront of her and slightly angled the feet to the side.  

"It is agreeable to have ones family on a ship, is it not?"  She ask the Counselor, conversation is something most expected.  She had a background as a Bar owner, bar manager and yet for the most part even when dancing, small talk had not been at the forefront of her daily work.  

She looked around and said.  "Thee must find the Phoenix a fine assignment for thy self and thy husbands MOS."

[Counselor's Office]

"It is an...agreeable assignment," Chira nodded, smiling softly at the Orion girl's slightly archaic-sounding speech pattern. She thought back to the various cultural training she'd had, wondering if the woman had a background among Vulcans. "I have quite a bit of family on board, actually...both direct and tangential. For one, I'm glad that Starfleet is starting to think that way, again." It seemed like the last...decade or so had been nothing but war and more war, an inexorable slog toward nihilism. She was glad to be bringing her baby into a universe with reason to hope.

"You've lived among Vulcans, then?" she asked, taking another small sip of tea.
Back to top Go down
A'Della M. Es'Starla
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 5:29 pm

Quote :
[Counselor's Office]

"It is an...agreeable assignment," Chira nodded, smiling softly at the Orion girl's slightly archaic-sounding speech pattern.  She thought back to the various cultural training she'd had, wondering if the woman had a background among Vulcans.  "I have quite a bit of family on board, actually...both direct and tangential.  For one, I'm glad that Starfleet is starting to think that way, again."  It seemed like the last...decade or so had been nothing but war and more war, an inexorable slog toward nihilism.  She was glad to be bringing her baby into a universe with reason to hope.

"You've lived among Vulcans, then?" she asked, taking another small sip of tea.

A'Della nodded and slight Vulcan Orion curl, she said. "I have, I have Vulcan ancestry, from the Slave Trade, my Mother' Fore Mother was Vulcan, and on my father's side his third Fore Father was Vulcan, so I am mixed heritage of the Purple Skin Orion and the Green Blood of Vulcan." She replied politely. "I learned Golic old and High vulcan when I was a child, and I speak all dialecs of Orion and Vulcan, Romulan to name a few, it comes in a handy resource for Trading and also in the Medical field."

A'Della, watched the counselor. Her mind on many things, work, programming her instruments for her part in Sickbay and the research reports she would write later on. ..
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 6:23 pm

A'Della nodded and slight Vulcan Orion curl, she said.  "I have, I have Vulcan ancestry, from the Slave Trade, my Mother' Fore Mother was Vulcan, and on my father's side his third Fore Father was Vulcan, so  I am mixed heritage of the Purple Skin Orion and the Green Blood of Vulcan."  She replied politely.    "I learned Golic old and High vulcan when I was a child, and I speak all dialecs of Orion and Vulcan, Romulan to name a few, it comes in a handy resource for Trading and also in the Medical field."  

A'Della, watched the counselor.  Her mind on many things, work, programming her instruments for her part in Sickbay and the research reports she would write later on. ..

[Counselor's Office]

Slave trade, Chira thought, her mind immediately going back to the encounter the Phoenix had survived with the pirate fleet of the Orion captain, Krespo...and the living cargo that one of those ships had been carrying. It churned her stomach to think that someone could so utterly devalue another being to make them into a slave...and for the kind of slaves that were often used in that trade.

"I've learned a few words and phrases in Rihannsu, myself," she said. "The captain...my sister-in-law...is part-Romulan. As is one of my closest friends." Chira set her teacup aside again, brushing her hands. "Well. I won't keep you much longer. It's good to meet you, and have you aboard, A'Della." She stood, holding out her hand. "If you haven't, you might want to check in with Medical for your duty physical." She suddenly thought about her husband examining the beautiful Orion, and had to tamp down an inappropriate surge of...not exactly jealousy...but...

No. Her husband was a professional, and she knew that he loved her.

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 6:36 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

This new attitude of Thompson's was really starting to rattle Archangel.  By nature, due to her Romulan heritage, she was already quite a suspicious and paranoid person. Being half Human allowed her to temper those elements of her personality.  This new situation, however, was making all of those formerly silent alarm bells ring

"Dismissed, Ensign," she replied, nodding her head briefly and, despite the warnings her brain was screaming at her, turned her back on the security officer and walked back to the command chair.

"Remind me to have a word with the counsellor about him," she said to Gabriel in a low voice.

[Bridge]

Frowning, Gabriel nodded almost imperceptibly as his wife passed him. He had been following the conversation between Archangel and the security officer...or, at least, as well as he could, without looking like a prying snitch. Gabe was aware that there had been some problems with the young man, of late. "So noted," he said.

Settling back into the secondary chair, he scanned his duty padd. "Under thirty minutes out on the ETA, captain," he said, glancing at T'Mir in the pilot's seat. He assumed the young Vulcan would be irritated at at his lack of precision.

Gabriel's next move made him feel like he was steeling himself for battle. With a short breath, he let it out and continued. "Do you...have a short list for the landing party?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 6:46 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Bridge]

Frowning, Gabriel nodded almost imperceptibly as his wife passed him.  He had been following the conversation between Archangel and the security officer...or, at least, as well as he could, without looking like a prying snitch.  Gabe was aware that there had been some problems with the young man, of late.  "So noted," he said.

Settling back into the secondary chair, he scanned his duty padd.  "Under thirty minutes out on the ETA, captain," he said, glancing at T'Mir in the pilot's seat.  He assumed the young Vulcan would be irritated at at his lack of precision.  

Gabriel's next move made him feel like he was steeling himself for battle.  With a short breath, he let it out and continued.  "Do you...have a short list for the landing party?"

[Bridge]

Settling into the captain's chair, Archangel listened to Gabriel's report on their ETA to the colony. Surely, for once, they would have a quiet mission, without too much risk? She really didn't want to have to limp back to the starbase again for more repairs to what was supposed to be a new ship.

"I'm leaving the science and medical teams at the chiefs' discretion," she replied to his question about the away team. "A small security detail will be going along as well." She then paused, looking at Gabriel with one eyebrow raised. "I suppose you're going to protest if I choose to lead the away team myself?"
Back to top Go down
A'Della M. Es'Starla
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 7:08 pm

[Counselor's Office]

Slave trade, Chira thought, her mind immediately going back to the encounter the Phoenix had survived with the pirate fleet of the Orion captain, Krespo...and the living cargo that one of those ships had been carrying.  It churned her stomach to think that someone could so utterly devalue another being to make them into a slave...and for the kind of slaves that were often used in that trade.

"I've learned a few words and phrases in Rihannsu, myself," she said.  "The captain...my sister-in-law...is part-Romulan.  As is one of my closest friends."  Chira set her teacup aside again, brushing her hands.  "Well.  I won't keep you much longer.  It's good to meet you, and have you aboard, A'Della."  She stood, holding out her hand.  "If you haven't, you might want to check in with Medical for your duty physical."  She suddenly thought about her husband examining the beautiful Orion, and had to tamp down an inappropriate surge of...not exactly jealousy...but...

No.  Her husband was a professional, and she knew that he loved her.

[/quote]

A'Della noted the visual changes in the Counselor's demeanor. "I thank you for this meet and greet. It was very agreeable."

She said politely, knowing that her Orion-ness was at times off putting by other females. She was not a Slave Seductress, she did not use her Pheromones to Wile Men or Women into her clutches. It would be illogical.

A'Della rose from the chair and said. "Thank you for the invitation, while I shall be busy in Sickbay, with research, patients and my thesis works, I shall find time to extend the gift of Hospitality to you, once I get my quarter's and my office in order. I have a very good Vulcan Port, some Human 30 aged Bourbon or if your perfer as I do, a Vulcan or an Orion tea, I even have some Janarine teas." She, knew the look, she was being sized up as a.... Dancer a Wile worker. It made the Orion side of her a little un-comfortable, and yet it was perfectly normal for Females to react in that manner considering what the Dominators the Green Animal orion women did to men and women alike.

"Again, Thank you. I shall make it to my quarter's and soon to the Sickbay. I have some things to unpack and some research data to get off to the Inter-Species Medical - Science Group."

She nodded politely, her long purple dark hair back lit looking like a nebula cloud. She needed to meditate and clear her head from the long journey.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 7:19 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Settling into the captain's chair, Archangel listened to Gabriel's report on their ETA to the colony.  Surely, for once, they would have a quiet mission, without too much risk?  She really didn't want to have to limp back to the starbase again for more repairs to what was supposed to be a new ship.

"I'm leaving the science and medical teams at the chiefs' discretion," she replied to his question about the away team.  "A small security detail will be going along as well."  She then paused, looking at Gabriel with one eyebrow raised.  "I suppose you're going to protest if I choose to lead the away team myself?"

[Bridge]

You bet your ass, I do, Gabriel thought, though he held his tongue. Of course, regulation was fairly clear about the CO beaming into hostile or dangerous situations, but...was this really dangerous? Probably not. He assumed that he could let her win this one fairly easy, and fight tooth-and-claw

"No ma'am," he said, his face a picture of total innocence. "Me...protest?" Gabriel smiled a reassuring smile, shrugging one shoulder. "It is your prerogative, of course."
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 8:06 pm

[Armory]

Matthew had stopped carrying phasers on board the ship, so he had to take a trip to the armory. He didn't need any heavy artillery, didn't even need a type-3. But still, this is where he had to go. He'd pick up both the phaser and a tricoder with tactical programming. So that's what he did before leaving. He didn't say anything to anyone but then made his way to the shuttlebay.

[Shuttlebay]

He was still far ahead of schedule. He'd grabbed a survival pack consisting of paracord, some climbing gear, and a bottle of water. He'd store it on the shuttle just in case he needed it, but he'd leave it there while they were on the mission.
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post of the Month - Mission
Participated in the first mission Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 10:30 pm

Briefing Room

Since the briefing; Andrew Sheridan had remained behind alone. His position on the bridge was covered. The promotion at the Christmas party had been a nice surprise, but this....to be moved up as the Head of Operations on the cruiser...that was unexpected. Thus he sat there gazing out the viewport of the stars as they passed by. He had, thus far, been a good addition to the PHOENIX, but now he would have to step up his performance even more. After all, as a Department Head, it was up to Andrew to set the example for the rest of Ops. Of course, Sophie had broken in the majority of those in the department by this point, and so Andrew really didn't have much to worry about in that fashion. Nor did her transfer to Engineering cause any grief to him. He would still be working with her quite a bit...if not more so in some cases. Operations and Engineering had much work together without even trying to find reasons for such unified times.

The mission worried him. It was straight forward enough, but also mysterious. With the contamination of the small colony's water supply...something just felt off. It wasn't as if such things weren't known to be missed by surveyors from time to time, but when the colony scientists couldn't pinpoint the problem...that was when he became suspicious. There was also the fact of Starfleet sending a cruiser to investigate. There were other starships in the area quite capable of dealing with such a problem, and more equipped with science and medical items to better solve such a problem. Yet, Starfleet had ordered a cruiser to check on the colony's problem...not a science vessel. As such, Andrew's suspicions grew.

What did Starfleet suspect that they weren't saying anything about? Andrew's eyes narrowed and then closed as he considered the problem.

With the Dominion War over, Starfleet had returned to her original mission of exploration and expansion. This particular colony was not truly strategical for the Alpha Quadrant, but she was on the fringe of Federation space in the Beta Quadrant. That alone made the colony worth a lot to the Federation and Starfleet. Was it this designation that made the colony a target, and if so...by who...or what?

Lieutenant Sheridan returned to the Bridge...his eyes still narrowed slightly, but instead of returning to Ops...Andrew went over to the secondary Ops station. Immediately, the young Lieutenant began to go over the facts about the colony...beginning with the survey reports before it was even established. Whatever was wrong with the place; Andrew was determined to help his shipmates find out what it was. At the same time, he began a secondary set of criteria for the Starfleet database to go through beginning with any strange sightings in the area to within two parsecs of the colony....including enemy vessels, rivals, pirates, slavers, and other potential foes.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 3:58 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Bridge]

You bet your ass, I do, Gabriel thought, though he held his tongue.  Of course, regulation was fairly clear about the CO beaming into hostile or dangerous situations, but...was this really dangerous?  Probably not.  He assumed that he could let her win this one fairly easy, and fight tooth-and-claw

"No ma'am," he said, his face a picture of total innocence.  "Me...protest?"  Gabriel smiled a reassuring smile, shrugging one shoulder.  "It is your prerogative, of course."

[Bridge]

It was hard to stop the amused smile that threatened to spread over her face, so Archangel let a fraction of it through as she looked at her first officer. He was always protective of her but, as she had stated in previous arguments, she wasn't going to be the kind of captain who just sat on her bridge. She needed to get out there and experience things for herself rather than always reading about it secondhand in the away team's reports.

She was also aware that she was going to have to chose her battles on that front. "It has been classified as a low risk mission, Commander," she pointed out. "And there is a security team assigned to it. I think it's probably safe enough for me to go down there with them. In any case, it might do the colony some good on the moral front, having the whole 'captain flying the flag of the federation' thing."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:14 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
It was hard to stop the amused smile that threatened to spread over her face, so Archangel let a fraction of it through as she looked at her first officer. He was always protective of her but, as she had stated in previous arguments, she wasn't going to be the kind of captain who just sat on her bridge. She needed to get out there and experience things for herself rather than always reading about it secondhand in the away team's reports.

She was also aware that she was going to have to chose her battles on that front. "It has been classified as a low risk mission, Commander," she pointed out. "And there is a security team assigned to it. I think it's probably safe enough for me to go down there with them. In any case, it might do the colony some good on the moral front, having the whole 'captain flying the flag of the federation' thing."

[Bridge]

Gabe nodded, seeing her logic, even though he still didn't like it.  Then again, if he could keep his wife bundled in safety wrap, he would.  "Alright, then.  I'll pass word along to Medical and Science to send a few."

Andrew Sheridan wrote:
Lieutenant Sheridan returned to the Bridge...his eyes still narrowed slightly, but instead of returning to Ops...Andrew went over to the secondary Ops station. Immediately, the young Lieutenant began to go over the facts about the colony...beginning with the survey reports before it was even established. Whatever was wrong with the place; Andrew was determined to help his shipmates find out what it was. At the same time, he began a secondary set of criteria for the Starfleet database to go through beginning with any strange sightings in the area to within two parsecs of the colony....including enemy vessels, rivals, pirates, slavers, and other potential foes.

The new Ops Chief strolled onto the bridge, and Gabriel grinned.  "Mr. Sheridan," he said, rising from his seat.  "How would you like to accompany the away team to the planet surface, lieutenant?"  Sheridan's expertise would cover the technical aspect, though he would also ask Callan to send an engineer.
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:39 am

Lieutenant Sheridan looked up from his research in to the background of the colony, and glanced over at Commander Arthur.

"I have no problem accompanying the Captain, Sir," he stated without realizing that in telling the XO that he knew of the Captain coming along...also meant he had been listening in to their conversation while he had been working.

The computer beeped at him to remind him of the information he requested on Starfleet reports of the area around the colony. The computer had finished compiling the information, and he now downloaded it directly to his PADD along with the information on the colony. He gathered up the PADD, and then turned back to the XO.

"Ops is well covered, Commander. I will be glad to be of any assistance needed on the planet," he added with a nod. Though there would no doubt be a security team assigned; Andrew knew he would be armed. There was just no sense in taking chances, and less so if indeed this was sabotage from some hostile group.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 11:23 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Bridge]

Gabe nodded, seeing her logic, even though he still didn't like it.  Then again, if he could keep his wife bundled in safety wrap, he would.  "Alright, then.  I'll pass word along to Medical and Science to send a few."

The new Ops Chief strolled onto the bridge, and Gabriel grinned.  "Mr. Sheridan," he said, rising from his seat.  "How would you like to accompany the away team to the planet surface, lieutenant?"  Sheridan's expertise would cover the technical aspect, though he would also ask Callan to send an engineer.

Andrew Sheridan wrote:

"I have no problem accompanying the Captain, Sir," he stated without realizing that in telling the XO that he knew of the Captain coming along...also meant he had been listening in to their conversation while he had been working.

The computer beeped at him to remind him of the information he requested on Starfleet reports of the area around the colony. The computer had finished compiling the information, and he now downloaded it directly to his PADD along with the information on the colony. He gathered up the PADD, and then turned back to the XO.

"Ops is well covered, Commander. I will be glad to be of any assistance needed on the planet," he added with a nod. Though there would no doubt be a security team assigned; Andrew knew he would be armed. There was just no sense in taking chances, and less so if indeed this was sabotage from some hostile group.

[Bridge]

The fact that Andrew had been listening in on their conversation didn't really bother Archangel. If the conversation had been very private, it would have been conducted in the ready room or back in their quarters after their duty shift. In any case, she had done her fair share of eavesdropping on senior officers back when she had been in his shoes.

She reached over and patted Gabriel's hand lightly. "Don't worry, commander. I'll be back for dinner," she joked, getting to her feet again and looking to the new Chief of Operations. "Well, Lieutenant Sheridan, since we're almost there, I suggest that we head down to the shuttlebay and get a shuttle ready to go."
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 11:51 am

"Of course, Captain. I believe the new runabout we have that replaced the one we lost to the pirates is ready for launch. I can pilot the TIGRIS if you wish, Captain," Andrew offered as he made his way over to the lift doors to escort his CO. There would be a phaser for him in the runabout, because he had made sure at the beginning of his shift to have the TIGRIS completely stocked of all essentials.

Andrew waited for his Captain at the door. Considering the importance of having her come down to the planet with them; Andrew knew that the security personnel had better be on top of their game. He certainly intended to be. Only after the two were in the lift together did the young Lieutenant continue.

"I have my concerns about this mission, Ma'am. There were two science vessels in the area more than capable of handling this assignment. Both ships, Captain, were not on any mission of importance, but Starfleet called us instead. I have a feeling someone isn't telling us everything," he confided in her as he handed over the PADD with the data of Starfleet deployment in the area. "If this were a concern of it being a natural occurrence...they wouldn't have called for us. Whatever is going on over at the colony; we need to stay sharp."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 12:23 pm

Andrew Sheridan wrote:
"Of course, Captain.  I believe the new runabout we have that replaced the one we lost to the pirates is ready for launch.  I can pilot the TIGRIS if you wish, Captain," Andrew offered as he made his way over to the lift doors to escort his CO.  There would be a phaser for him in the runabout, because he had made sure at the beginning of his shift to have the TIGRIS completely stocked of all essentials.

Andrew waited for his Captain at the door.  Considering the importance of having her come down to the planet with them; Andrew knew that the security personnel had better be on top of their game.  He certainly intended to be.  Only after the two were in the lift together did the young Lieutenant continue.

"I have my concerns about this mission, Ma'am.  There were two science vessels in the area more than capable of handling this assignment.  Both ships, Captain, were not on any mission of importance, but Starfleet called us instead.  I have a feeling someone isn't telling us everything," he confided in her as he handed over the PADD with the data of Starfleet deployment in the area.  "If this were a concern of it being a natural occurrence...they wouldn't have called for us.  Whatever is going on over at the colony; we need to stay sharp."

[Bridge]

Archangel nodded to the Lieutenant before giving Gabriel a slight smile. "You have the bridge, Commander," she stated before following Lieutenant Sheridan to the turbolift.

[Turbolift]

Part of Archangel's role as captain of the Phoenix meant that she had to take into account all reports and concerns of her crew, and the concerns that her Chief of Operations had just voiced were perfectly valid. She took the PADD, scanning the data he had uploaded onto it. He had a point about sending the Phoenix when there were other dedicated science vessels out there, but she also had to ask herself whether she was deliberately holding on to the prospect that this was nothing other than a natural occurrence rather than a man-made problem. Was it too much to ask that for once they weren't going in to a hostile situation?

"The planet is within our patrol zone, Lieutenant," she replied, handing the PADD back. "Right now, we don't know what's causing the problem with the water supplies, whether it's something natural or something artificial. The colony just doesn't have the facilities or the man power any more to deal with it. I'm guessing that the Phoenix is being sent since we can deal with it whichever case it happens to be. A dedicated science vessel is not really equipped to handle any hostile elements should they come up, but the Phoenix is. We can at least use our labs to put together a preliminary report on the problem before calling any other resources we might need to resolve it."
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 12:42 pm

What the Captain said was true enough. The colony was indeed in their patrol zone. Starfleet could have simply sent them out to help the colony for that very reason.

"Granted," Andrew admitted with a nod as he took the PADD offered back from the Captain. Perhaps he should keep a more open mind. It could just be a natural phenomenon, but then that was why he had brought the data from the ship's database on the colony's background. So, for the moment, Andrew would simply do what he could to help find the source of the problem.

When the lift came down to the appropriate level; Andrew waited for the Captain to exit first....though his eyes instinctively scanned the hall before hand. Sure, they were on their own ship, but there was no reason not stay in practice. Once she exited; he followed a step behind and to her right.

"I do hope it isn't anything hostile, Captain. We could use a good exploration assignment...or at least something dealing with a new discovery," he added sincerely. The timeline he came from, exploration and new discoveries were not something he got to experience a lot of...not with the Borg around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mission 3: Choices
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next