Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Mission 3: Choices - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Mission 3: Choices - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Mission 3: Choices - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Mission 3: Choices - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Mission 3: Choices - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Mission 3: Choices - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Mission 3: Choices - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Mission 3: Choices - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Mission 3: Choices - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Mission 3: Choices - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Mission 3: Choices

Go down 
+9
Alexander Wu
A'Della M. Es'Starla
Andrew Sheridan
Zero Alpha
Matthew Thompson
NPC
Gabriel Arthur
Chira Abols
Gavin Van Gelder
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Mission 3: Choices - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 1:00 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

Gavin having beat him to asking about symptoms, Henriks jotted down notes from the captain's reply before posing a few questions of his own. "What supplies are the hospital running out of, and do we know if they are having an affect, if any, on treating the contamination?" Other questions immediately sprang to mind, making Henriks feel rather like a fountain bursting to overflow, but there was only so much he could ask at one time and expect reasonable answers.

[Briefing Room]

Once again, Archangel checked her PADD, scrolling down to the list of supplies the colony had requested be brought to alleviate the shortages they were now experiencing.

"Hm... let's see:  Stokaline, Neodextramine solution, Lectrazine, Dylovene, Coranalin and Corophizine are the main ones.  I'll forward a copy to the medical, science and operations department so that you can get on replicating any supplies we don't have on hand."
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 2:38 pm

Matthew Thompson wrote:

That was the best news he'd heard in a very long time. "I thought you'd never ask. All this sitting around has been killing me." He offered the woman a very sincere smile as his eyes lit up and became a beautiful deep blue.

[Crew Mess]

"Alright," Chira smiled. "I believe that you are ready, as well." She moved her glass off to the side, nodding. "It'll be up to the captain, of course, but I will pass along my recommendation in your favor. She'll add on the stipulation that you continue up with regular sessions, and I agree with that." Reaching over, Chira laid a gentle hand over the security officer's. "I know you're a good person, Matt. And I know you have great potential as an officer, too."
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 6:22 pm

Chira Abols wrote:

[Crew Mess]

"Alright," Chira smiled.  "I believe that you are ready, as well."  She moved her glass off to the side, nodding.  "It'll be up to the captain, of course, but I will pass along my recommendation in your favor.  She'll add on the stipulation that you continue up with regular sessions, and I agree with that."  Reaching over, Chira laid a gentle hand over the security officer's.  "I know you're a good person, Matt.  And I know you have great potential as an officer, too."

[Crew Mess]

"I'm not sure I would go that far and call myself a good person. I see the galaxy as it truly is. The corruption and all the evil. The federation was the better way to do something about it. I couldn't do it alone any more. Behind the mask of being a vigilante, you start to lose yourself. You take the mask off and there's just another one under it." Matthew sighed. He knew that a day may come long into the future where he might have to slip back into the shadows. He dreaded that day. But so is the way of life.
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post of the Month - Mission
Participated in the first mission Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:31 am

Briefing Room

Andrew listened to the report on the beleaguered colony. It truly did not sound good, but Andrew also had a suspicious mind. Something was quite wrong here...the report said as much, but if it was sabotage...why, to what purpose, and who came to his mind.

"Does the colony hold any strategical value to the sector they are located in...or potential tactical value?" Andrew inquired. "From the report, the colony seems to be on the edge of Federation space in the Beta Quadrant. There is still quite a bit we don't know about that area, but there have been tactical updates from Intelligence on movements from the reclusive Gorn in that area, as well as rumors of sightings of Romulan vessels from time to time over the last year," Andrew continued, but he left unsaid the nemesis that usually came through the Beta Quadrant to get to the Federation...the Borg...those foes from the Delta Quadrant that had become Starfleet's primary enemy since the first encounter.

Naturally, Andrew knew this was not the Borg. Such sabotage was not their way, and even if it were...it would not have been done in this manner. That was the other part of the reason he left that particular enemy unaccounted for. It was, however, quite within the realm of possibilities of the Romulans doing something so underhanded, but there would need to be some reason behind it. Of course, there was also the chance of it being a natural phenomenon from the colony's own environment. Other than being one the Federation's most forward colonies, and lightly protected, it didn't seem to have a true strategic value...at least not on the surface of things.

"I recommend full decontamination procedures for any transporter usage during this operation. It may not be able to come aboard and affect the crew, but we shouldn't give it the chance either. Shuttles should be the way to go until we figure out if the bio-filters can even filter out the trouble. All crew on the assignment should be carefully checked before coming aboard. I'm sure Medical can come up with whatever containment processing is needed," the young Ops officer continued.

Every instinct in him said something was further wrong with the colony, but what....and why? Could it be his imagination...enhanced by paranoia from the Borg hunting his people down as he was growing up? Or even come from the troubles the cruiser had faced up to this point...none of which had been easy, but seemed easy on the surface. There wasn't much more he could think of...except one thing...

"Captain, is the colony contained to only one part of the world, or does it cover all of it?" he inquired with his brow wrinkled slightly.

There was only one reason he asked such a question. If the colony was contained to only one part of it; then perhaps...just maybe someone else had colonized another part of the planet. Perhaps they had a strategical value of the world the Federation didn't know about from their point of view. It could even be that there on the planet was a rival of the Federation, but the success of the Federation colony was hurting them. All of which were possible, but none of which anyone could prove without first getting there.
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:01 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Briefing Room]

Once again, Archangel checked her PADD, scrolling down to the list of supplies the colony had requested be brought to alleviate the shortages they were now experiencing.

"Hm... let's see:  Stokaline, Neodextramine solution, Lectrazine, Dylovene, Coranalin and Corophizine are the main ones.  I'll forward a copy to the medical, science and operations department so that you can get on replicating any supplies we don't have on hand."
Andrew Sheridan wrote:
Briefing Room
"I recommend full decontamination procedures for any transporter usage during this operation.  It may not be able to come aboard and affect the crew, but we shouldn't give it the chance either.  Shuttles should be the way to go until we figure out if the bio-filters can even filter out the trouble.  All crew on the assignment should be carefully checked before coming aboard.  I'm sure Medical can come up with whatever containment processing is needed," the young Ops officer continued.

Every instinct in him said something was further wrong with the colony, but what....and why?  Could it be his imagination...enhanced by paranoia from the Borg hunting his people down as he was growing up?  Or even come from the troubles the cruiser had faced up to this point...none of which had been easy, but seemed easy on the surface.  There wasn't much more he could think of...except one thing...

"Captain, is the colony contained to only one part of the world, or does it cover all of it?" he inquired with his brow wrinkled slightly.

There was only one reason he asked such a question.  If the colony was contained to only one part of it; then perhaps...just maybe someone else had colonized another part of the planet.  Perhaps they had a strategical value of the world the Federation didn't know about from their point of view.  It could even be that there on the planet was a rival of the Federation, but the success of the Federation colony was hurting them.  All of which were possible, but none of which anyone could prove without first getting there.

[Briefing Room]

"Paldies, Captain," Henriks replied. He scribbled a quick note to his department, informing them to expect a file on the colony's plights and a bit of the information the captain had already given. As the operations officer began to speak, Henriks continued to jot down notes, nodding his head in agreement. "Medical can begin preliminary preparations on the transporters, making sure the basic decontamination processes are in place and working properly. We can take more advanced steps once we've had time to analyze the data currently on hand." They would also work, as was always done before an away team went down, to prep medkits and any other such medical equipment that would be needed.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 3:11 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

[Briefing Room]

"Paldies, Captain," Henriks replied. He scribbled a quick note to his department, informing them to expect a file on the colony's plights and a bit of the information the captain had already given. As the operations officer began to speak, Henriks continued to jot down notes, nodding his head in agreement. "Medical can begin preliminary preparations on the transporters, making sure the basic decontamination processes are in place and working properly. We can take more advanced steps once we've had time to analyze the data currently on hand." They would also work, as was always done before an away team went down, to prep medkits and any other such medical equipment that would be needed.

[Briefing Room]

Archangel listened to both Lieutenant Sheridan and Chief Abols, noting with some amusement that the Chief was taking notes, just like she used to do during briefings when she had been Chief Engineer. Speaking of which...

"I'll leave it up to you to make the best decisions concerning your respective departments, but keep me informed. Chief Callan, since we had to leave behind a significant number of Engineering personnel behind on Athena, Lieutenant Celes has requested your transfer to Engineering. Mr Sheridan, that makes you Chief of Operations. Now, unless there are any further questions, I suggest you go and start preparations."
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 7:08 pm

Matthew Thompson wrote:

"I'm not sure I would go that far and call myself a good person. I see the galaxy as it truly is. The corruption and all the evil. The federation was the better way to do something about it. I couldn't do it alone any more. Behind the mask of being a vigilante, you start to lose yourself. You take the mask off and there's just another one under it." Matthew sighed. He knew that a day may come long into the future where he might have to slip back into the shadows. He dreaded that day. But so is the way of life.

Mission 3: Choices - Page 2 DeelaAyora_zps3705da12
Lt. Commander Deela Ayora

[Crew Mess]

Nodding to Crewman Raleigh at the bar, Ayora spied her errant officer at a table with his counselor. Well, their counselor, since Abols served the whole ship. Not that she spent any time on the counselor's couch...unless Starfleet demanded it.

"Counselor Abols. Mr. Thompson," the Bajoran said, nodding as she approached the table. "If I may borrow Mr. Thompson...?"
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 7:16 pm

Matthew Thompson wrote:

[Crew Mess]

Chira stood, taking her water with her.  "You know my door's open, Matt.  I'll put my report in with the captain."  She still heard a lot that she didn't like - especially all that about slipping into vigilantism.  Still a lot to be worked through.

Deela Ayora wrote:
Nodding to Crewman Raleigh at the bar, Ayora spied her errant officer at a table with his counselor.  Well, their counselor, since Abols served the whole ship.  Not that she spent any time on the counselor's couch...unless Starfleet demanded it.

"Counselor Abols.  Mr. Thompson," the Bajoran said, nodding as she approached the table.  "If I may borrow Mr. Thompson...?"

The Bajoran's sudden appearance made Chira jump a little.  She wasn't sure why, but it seemed like the woman didn't like her.  Not that it mattered right now, but still...

"Ah.  We're done right this moment.  He's all yours."  Chira gave Thompson a reassuring smile, and left for her office.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 7:57 pm

NPC wrote:

[Crew Mess]

Nodding to Crewman Raleigh at the bar, Ayora spied her errant officer at a table with his counselor.  Well, their counselor, since Abols served the whole ship.  Not that she spent any time on the counselor's couch...unless Starfleet demanded it.

"Counselor Abols.  Mr. Thompson," the Bajoran said, nodding as she approached the table.  "If I may borrow Mr. Thompson...?"

[Crew Mess]

It was good to see a familiar face. "How may I be of service ma'am?" Matthew asked with a smile. All this time out of uniform was killing him. His off-duty uniform was very distinct, the leather trench coat with a belt-like fasten at both the neck and waist, the Very-neck, the jeans, and his dark black boots. Yet he still craved to be back in uniform.
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 12:19 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Briefing Room]

Archangel listened to both Lieutenant Sheridan and Chief Abols, noting with some amusement that the Chief was taking notes, just like she used to do during briefings when she had been Chief Engineer.  Speaking of which...

"I'll leave it up to you to make the best decisions concerning your respective departments, but keep me informed.  Chief Callan, since we had to leave behind a significant number of Engineering personnel behind on Athena, Lieutenant Celes has requested your transfer to Engineering.  Mr Sheridan, that makes you Chief of Operations.  Now, unless there are any further questions, I suggest you go and start preparations."

[Briefing Room]

"Aye, captain," Henriks replied simply as he rose from his seat. He had no further questions for the moment, but he had no doubt more would crop up later after medical spent more time going through the data already on hand.  With a quick nod to the rest, Henriks left to make his way sickbay so he could brief his department. =/\=Ābols to sickbay, have everyone available present and ready for briefing in five minutes.=/\=

[Sickbay]

"Alright, folks," Henriks began, stepping through the parted doors and into the main part of sickbay. "Let's get started."
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 9:07 pm

Matthew Thompson wrote:

It was good to see a familiar face. "How may I be of service ma'am?" Matthew asked with a smile. All this time out of uniform was killing him. His off-duty uniform was very distinct, the leather trench coat with a belt-like fasten at both the neck and waist, the Very-neck, the jeans, and his dark black boots. Yet he still craved to be back in uniform.

[Security Office]

Ayora had walked in silence, with Thompson behind her. Most of the crew had given them fairly wide berth as they'd made their way to her office. She wasn't exactly in a bad mood, but she didn't feel joyously chipper, either.

Reaching her office, the Bajoran leaned against the edge of her desk, rather than sit in the seat with Thompson across from her. She didn't want this to come off as a 'scolding-the-pupil' situation.

"Mr. Thompson," she began without further preamble, "I have received reactivation orders for your assignment. This means that, as of right now, you are back on duty, with full privileges of your rank and position." She picked a padd up off her desk, handing it to Thompson for his virtual thumbprint. "Mr. Thompson...Matthew...I trust that we won't have to hold a conversation like this again?"
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 9:17 pm

[Counselor's Office - Later]

"Green tea, hot, no sweet," Chira requested from her wall-mounted replicator unit, taking the ceramic mug from the slot and smiling at the gentle warmth. Green tea had always been one of her favorite drinks. Some officers couldn't function without coffee, but Chira would take tea any day. Taking a sip, she wondered about the extremely nascent life she carried within her. Would her little girl or little boy like tea?

Sitting in one of the chairs next to her desk, she took the planner from the top of her desk, scanning her appointment list. Chira had never liked to use a computer screen for appointments. It made things so...cold. Impersonal. It was impossible to not think of someone as a person when you wrote their name in fountain pen.

Her next meeting should be an interesting one. They had a new crew member on board - one who was due a preliminary evaluation as a part of her physical. This one was an Orion. Chira tapped her commbadge, opening a channel.

=^="Abols to Ensign Es'Starla. Could you please meet me in the counselor's office at your earliest convenience?"=^=
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 9:36 pm

NPC wrote:

[Security Office]

Ayora had walked in silence, with Thompson behind her.  Most of the crew had given them fairly wide berth as they'd made their way to her office.  She wasn't exactly in a bad mood, but she didn't feel joyously chipper, either.

Reaching her office, the Bajoran leaned against the edge of her desk, rather than sit in the seat with Thompson across from her.  She didn't want this to come off as a 'scolding-the-pupil' situation.

"Mr. Thompson," she began without further preamble, "I have received reactivation orders for your assignment.  This means that, as of right now, you are back on duty, with full privileges of your rank and position."  She picked a padd up off her desk, handing it to Thompson for his virtual thumbprint.  "Mr. Thompson...Matthew...I trust that we won't have to hold a conversation like this again?"

[Security Office]

Adding his thumbprint he made a single comment. "Sure hope not." Then handing the padd back he asked a single question. "Starting this shift I assume? If so I need to get changed into uniform."
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 8:20 am

Matthew Thompson wrote:

Adding his thumbprint he made a single comment. "Sure hope not." Then handing the padd back he asked a single question. "Starting this shift I assume? If so I need to get changed into uniform."

[Security Office]

Of all the responses Deela was looking for to her question, glibness certainly was not one of them. It was a recurring problem with Ensign Thompson - he seemed to not fully realize the gravity of his situation at any given time. He not only had the proverbial Sword of Damocles hanging over his career...the man seemed to toss stones at the blade!

Ayora held a hand up, indicating she wanted him to pause a moment. "Ensign Thompson, let me make one thing abundantly clear. Your overly-casual attitude, along with your lack of respect for your superiors, has not earned you many points among the Security department. In fact, I had more than a few voices in my ear telling me to leave you at the nearest starbase for a trip to the SFJAG. Fortunately for you, as Chief of Security on this vessel, my voice outweighs theirs. This, however, does not give you free reign to fire your mouth off whenever you feel like it."

Crossing her arms, the Bajoran continued. "If you have problems, discuss them with your counselor. Keep them out of your job. Someone's life may depend on it. I expect my officers' minds to be on their duty, and the Prophets help you if it isn't. Now. Do you understand me? I want the next words out of your mouth to be 'yes ma'am' or 'no ma'am', or so help me, I will personally escort you to the nearest airlock."

Well. So much for her good mood, today.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 8:43 am

NPC wrote:

[Security Office]

Of all the responses Deela was looking for to her question, glibness certainly was not one of them.  It was a recurring problem with Ensign Thompson - he seemed to not fully realize the gravity of his situation at any given time.  He not only had the proverbial Sword of Damocles hanging over his career...the man seemed to toss stones at the blade!

Ayora held a hand up, indicating she wanted him to pause a moment.  "Ensign Thompson, let me make one thing abundantly clear.  Your overly-casual attitude, along with your lack of respect for your superiors, has not earned you many points among the Security department.  In fact, I had more than a few voices in my ear telling me to leave you at the nearest starbase for a trip to the SFJAG.  Fortunately for you, as Chief of Security on this vessel, my voice outweighs theirs.  This, however, does not give you free reign to fire your mouth off whenever you feel like it."

Crossing her arms, the Bajoran continued.  "If you have problems, discuss them with your counselor.  Keep them out of your job.  Someone's life may depend on it.  I expect my officers' minds to be on their duty, and the Prophets help you if it isn't.  Now.  Do you understand me?  I want the next words out of your mouth to be 'yes ma'am' or 'no ma'am', or so help me, I will personally escort you to the nearest airlock."

Well.  So much for her good mood, today.

This was one of the things that frustrated Matthew the most. Even when he asks simple questions they find something to complain about. No one seemed to get it, he respected them all just fine, it's trust that is the issue. If following orders cost an innocents life he and he knew it would, he'd gladly take whatever punishment came with disobeying; as long as that one innocent survived. His eyes began to show his frustration at this point.

"Overly-casual? What the hell did she want me to say? All I did was ask when I start again. This is why I hate superiors sometimes. Either I'm too intense or too casual."

His anger only grew, but Matthew knew how to suppress it. After all that's what living his life had taught him. Anger management. Still the next words out of his mouth were in more of a growl than his usual voice, but not noticeably. "Yes ma'am. Now like I asked, when do I start? All this time coupes up has killed me." It was much more polite than the thoughts in his head, but once again, he had breath-taking anger management skills.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 5:45 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:
=/\=Ābols to sickbay, have everyone available present and ready for briefing in five minutes.=/\=

[Sickbay]

"Alright, folks," Henriks began, stepping through the parted doors and into the main part of sickbay. "Let's get started."

[Sickbay]

Zero had been working in the research lab as normal when the call came through for people to start gathering to receive their orders following the staff briefing with the captain.  She wasn't particularly enthused by the thought of leaving her nice, quiet corner of the lab in favour of having to stand and listen to new orders, but she also knew that she likely didn't have a choice in the matter.

Sighing heavily, she saved the progress she had made on her project and shut down the simulation program, making her way out to the main section of sickbay where Chief Abols had just arrived.  She nodded to him, folding her arms and leaning against an unoccupied biobed, waiting to hear what he had to say.
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 6:23 pm

Matthew Thompson wrote:

This was one of the things that frustrated Matthew the most. Even when he asks simple questions they find something to complain about. No one seemed to get it, he respected them all just fine, it's trust that is the issue. If following orders cost an innocents life he and he knew it would, he'd gladly take whatever punishment came with disobeying; as long as that one innocent survived. His eyes began to show his frustration at this point.

"Overly-casual? What the hell did she want me to say? All I did was ask when I start again. This is why I hate superiors sometimes. Either I'm too intense or too casual."

His anger only grew, but Matthew knew how to suppress it. After all that's what living his life had taught him. Anger management. Still the next words out of his mouth were in more of a growl than his usual voice, but not noticeably. "Yes ma'am. Now like I asked, when do I start? All this time coupes up has killed me." It was much more polite than the thoughts in his head, but once again, he had breath-taking anger management skills.

[Security Office]

Cooly raising an eyebrow, Ayora calmly and levelly considered Thompson. She had obviously agitated him, but...she also did not care. He was security, as was she, and they had a job to do. She didn't worry too much about stepping on anyone's sensibilities. Quite frankly, the man was her officer to agitate, should she so desire.

"You start immediately. Or...rather, as soon as you're in uniform." The Bajoran moved back behind her desk, resuming her seat. She glanced up, nodding. "Dismissed."
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 7:08 pm

NPC wrote:

[Security Office]

Cooly raising an eyebrow, Ayora calmly and levelly considered Thompson.  She had obviously agitated him, but...she also did not care.  He was security, as was she, and they had a job to do.  She didn't worry too much about stepping on anyone's sensibilities.  Quite frankly, the man was her officer to agitate, should she so desire.

"You start immediately.  Or...rather, as soon as you're in uniform."  The Bajoran moved back behind her desk, resuming her seat.  She glanced up, nodding.  "Dismissed."

[Security Office]

Matthew let off a salute then turned away and walked out of the office and to his quarters to get dressed. After getting ready he made his way to the bridge.

[Bridge]

The door from the turbolift openned as he stepped onto the bridge. "Ensign Matthew Thompson reporting for duty ma'am." He commented saluting the captain.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 7:15 pm

Matthew Thompson wrote:

[Bridge]

The door from the turbolift openned as he stepped onto the bridge. "Ensign Matthew Thompson reporting for duty ma'am." He commented saluting the captain.

[Bridge]

Sat in the captain's chair, Archangel had been going through the latest reports from the Engineering department when she heard the turbolift doors opening and then an all-too-familiar voice addressing her.

Setting the PADD aside, she nodded to him. Chira had informed her of her intentions to try to put Thompson back on duty and, while she hadn't been all that pleased at the prospect, had agreed with the Counsellor.

"Ensign," she replied in an even tone. "I trust you've spoken with both Counsellor Abols and Commander Deela?"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 7:22 pm

[Bridge]

Gabe set his info padd down on the arm of his secondary command chair, standing up and stretching a little bit.  Not too ostentatiously, but enough to get a satisfying pop out of his lower back.  He wondered why the refit seabees hadn't seen fit to install the newest mark of command chairs during all the upgrading.

"T'Mir," he said, slipping behind the helm, where sat a prim Vulcan female.  "What's our ETA to the planet?"  T'Mir glanced up, looking slightly annoyed at having been interrupted.  "Sixty-three minutes, fifty seconds...according to our present speed, Commander."  Gabriel grinned, nodding.  "Thank you. "

He smiled at Archangel as he walked by, knowing that one of her reasons for meeting with the Department Heads was the matter of Sheridan's promotion to acting Chief of Operations.  It was a big promotion, he knew, but...Sheridan was very able, and a damn good officer.  He also knew that the man had started up a relationship with Chief Callan, and Sophie's movement to Engineering would alleviate any concerns there.  

Taking his seat again, Gabe grinned, remembering back years ago, when his relationship with Archangel was made public.  She had still been his Chief Engineer, back then...and their captain had very nearly dropped a litter of kittens when he found out that they were having a baby together.  Rather self-contained little world we live in, he thought, raising an eyebrow as one of the security staff entered the bridge.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 7:28 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Bridge]

Sat in the captain's chair, Archangel had been going through the latest reports from the Engineering department when she heard the turbolift doors opening and then an all-too-familiar voice addressing her.  

Setting the PADD aside, she nodded to him.  Chira had informed her of her intentions to try to put Thompson back on duty and, while she hadn't been all that pleased at the prospect, had agreed with the Counsellor.

"Ensign," she replied in an even tone.  "I trust you've spoken with both Counsellor Abols and Commander Deela?"

"Ey, ma'am. I believe I am ready to be back on regular duty. Not going to lie and say I've worked through all my personal issues but I can promise they will not interfere with my duties." Matthew responded as he made his way to the tactical station.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 7:39 pm

Matthew Thompson wrote:

"Ey, ma'am. I believe I am ready to be back on regular duty. Not going to lie and say I've worked through all my personal issues but I can promise they will not interfere with my duties." Matthew responded as he made his way to the tactical station.

[Bridge]

Archangel raised an eyebrow as the security officer walked off and took a bridge station without so much as a by-your-leave from her. Apparently, he was under the impression that this was a democracy or something. Getting up from the command chair, Archangel made her way over to the post Ensign Thompson had taken and stood on the other side of it to him.

"Ensign, if you had waited to receive your orders, you would have found out that you've been assigned to the away team. We should be arriving in about an hour, so I would suggest that you start preparing the equipment you'll need for a low-risk away mission to a Federation colony," she stated, her voice making it absolutely clear that there was no 'suggestion' about her words, rather an 'order'.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 7:55 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Bridge]

Archangel raised an eyebrow as the security officer walked off and took a bridge station without so much as a by-your-leave from her.  Apparently, he was under the impression that this was a democracy or something.  Getting up from the command chair, Archangel made her way over to the post Ensign Thompson had taken and stood on the other side of it to him.

"Ensign, if you had waited to receive your orders, you would have found out that you've been assigned to the away team.  We should be arriving in about an hour, so I would suggest that you start preparing the equipment you'll need for a low-risk away mission to a Federation colony," she stated, her voice making it absolutely clear that there was no 'suggestion' about her words, rather an 'order'.

[Bridge]

"May I bring a type-2 ma'am?" Matthew asked. It wasn't that he thought he'd need it. But he couldn't count the amount of times he thought he wouldn't need a phasers and did. "I will gladly keep it in a holster or keep it consealed."
Back to top Go down
A'Della M. Es'Starla
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 9:12 pm

[Briefing Room]

Ensign A'Della Es'Starla made her way to the Medical and Science Officers briefing.  Her walk looked like something from Haute Couture Fashion runway week.  She stepped inside and looked around.  

"Greetings, I am Ensign Es'Starla Medical Officer." She said to the officer entering the briefing room. Walking in she found a seat and pulled her PaDD from her pocket, tapping it she had it ready for the briefing.

A'Della sat going through her PaDD, signing off on a supplies report and on her luggage and personal affects that had been delivered to her quarters. She continued her work, signing off on the fourth part of a report she and several other physicians and scientists were collaborating on, the Inter-Species Medical/Science Group, worked on many projects from research and development, to pioneering new surgical techniques. The doctor, flipped through the medical report and moved on to her book a work on applied medical science for genetic re-sequenced organ replacement.

Back to top Go down
http://3radcatsproductions.com/
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 9:44 pm

A'Della M. Es'Starla wrote:
[Briefing Room]

Ensign A'Della Es'Starla made her way to the Medical and Science Officers briefing.  Her walk looked like something from Haute Couture Fashion runway week.  She stepped inside and looked around.  

"Greetings, I am Ensign Es'Starla Medical Officer."  She said to the officer entering the briefing room.  Walking in she found a seat and pulled her PaDD from her pocket, tapping it she had it ready for the briefing.

A'Della sat going through her PaDD, signing off on a supplies report and on her luggage and personal affects that had been delivered to her quarters.  She continued her work, signing off on the fourth part of a report she and several other physicians and scientists were collaborating on, the Inter-Species Medical/Science Group, worked on many projects from research and development, to pioneering new surgical techniques.  The doctor, flipped through the medical report and moved on to her book a work on applied medical science for genetic re-sequenced organ replacement.

[Counselor's Office]

Setting her teacup aside, Chira stood and greeted the Orion as she entered the office. To be honest, Chira had never seen an Orion in her shade, but she knew from her basic xenobio that they were more than green. Still...it was interesting to actually meet one.

"Good morning, Ensign Es'Starla," she said, offering her hand for a shake. Even though the Orion technically was her superior as commissioned officer...Chira never really thought that the counselor's office was the place for spit-and-polish. "Go ahead and have a seat, if you'd like. Can I get you anything to drink?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mission 3: Choices
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next