Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Mission 3: Choices - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Mission 3: Choices - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Mission 3: Choices - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Mission 3: Choices - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Mission 3: Choices - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Mission 3: Choices - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Mission 3: Choices - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Mission 3: Choices - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Mission 3: Choices - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Mission 3: Choices - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Mission 3: Choices

Go down 
+9
Alexander Wu
A'Della M. Es'Starla
Andrew Sheridan
Zero Alpha
Matthew Thompson
NPC
Gabriel Arthur
Chira Abols
Gavin Van Gelder
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
A'Della M. Es'Starla
Ensign
Ensign

Mission 3: Choices - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 10:12 pm

NPC wrote:
Mission 3: Choices - Page 5 Administrator_zpsdc00ee38
Administrator Nile Mills

[Gamma Thera Colony]

"Greetings," Mills said, approaching the landing party as they exited their runabout.  The man gave a pleasant smile, looking a little boyish as the wind blew his brown hair.  "I must admit, I never expected quite this kind of a reception party...Captain," he said, noting Archangel's rank pips.  "I am Administrator Nile Mills, erstwhile leader of this colony project...as it were," Mills said, looking somewhat apologetic.  "I'm glad you're here, none the less.  The project's future hangs in the balance."

A'Della stood and walked off the shuttle with the others. She noted a person approaching. A customary greeting, a rather big boyish humanoid smile. She stood silently, watching, observing and noting the place. Her hair swept upwards off her ears, the Vulkhunsu pointed ear tips, distinctive , and in the brighter light the green tinge to her lavender skin tone further showing her Vulkhunsu and Orion heritage. She nodded politely to the other's as Administer Nile Mills spoke with the Captain.

A'Della's hearing and eyes listening and watching every movement, hearing every tiny mute noise.....

She watched the others on the away mission, noting their demeanors and stance. She standing in a more 'Parade Rest' stance, good posture a Vulkhunsu and Orion trait.

Back to top Go down
http://3radcatsproductions.com/
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2014 6:52 pm

NPC wrote:

[Gamma Thera Colony]

"Greetings," Mills said, approaching the landing party as they exited their runabout.  The man gave a pleasant smile, looking a little boyish as the wind blew his brown hair.  "I must admit, I never expected quite this kind of a reception party...Captain," he said, noting Archangel's rank pips.  "I am Administrator Nile Mills, erstwhile leader of this colony project...as it were," Mills said, looking somewhat apologetic.  "I'm glad you're here, none the less.  The project's future hangs in the balance."

[Gamma Thera Colony]

Stepping off the shuttlecraft, Archangel offered the colony's administrator a smile as she stood at an easy parade rest.  "Captain Archangel T'Koris, at your service, sir," she said, inclining her head to him.  "I've brought a small complement of my science and medical crews to determine the problem. I have more officers standing by on the Phoenix.  Allow me to introduce my Chief Medical Officer, Chief Abols, medical officer Ensign Es'Starla, science officer Ensign Van Gelder, security officer Ensign Thompson and Chief of Operations Lieutenant JG Sheridan."

(If I've forgotten anyone, I apologise)

Last edited by Archangel T'Koris on Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A'Della M. Es'Starla
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2014 8:56 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Gamma Thera Colony]

Stepping off the shuttlecraft, Archangel offered the colony's administrator a smile as she stood at an easy parade rest.  "Captain Archangel T'Koris, at your service, sir," she said, inclining her head to him.  "I've brought a small complement of my science and medical crews to determine the problem. I have more officers standing by on the Phoenix.  Allow me to introduce my Chief Medical Officer, Chief Abols, medical officer Ensign Es'Starla, science officer Ensign Van Gelder and security officer Ensign Thompson."

A'Della stood straight and nodded politely to Administrator Mills. "We come to serve, Administrator!" She nodded again politely, acknowledging their 'Protocols' for meeting dignitaries. She held her re-positioned her shoulder strap on her Medi-Kit, and touched her belt, for each piece of equipment there. Mentally noting everything in order, she stood with the others awaiting word as to where they would begin.

Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2014 11:24 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Gamma Thera Colony]

Stepping off the shuttlecraft, Archangel offered the colony's administrator a smile as she stood at an easy parade rest.  "Captain Archangel T'Koris, at your service, sir," she said, inclining her head to him.  "I've brought a small complement of my science and medical crews to determine the problem. I have more officers standing by on the Phoenix.  Allow me to introduce my Chief Medical Officer, Chief Abols, medical officer Ensign Es'Starla, science officer Ensign Van Gelder and security officer Ensign Thompson."

"It's a pleasure Administrator." As Matthew spoke he knelt down picking up some of the soil. He raised it to his face taking a sniff. Nothing remarkable, he put the solid back down dusting his hands off and coming back to a stand.
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post of the Month - Mission
Participated in the first mission Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 1:04 pm

Andrew Sheridan watched as things unfolded with their first introductory meeting with the Administrator. His suspicions remained in the back of his head, but for the moment he noted nothing out of place to trigger it back to the front. Thus, when the Captain introduced her staff; Andrew simply bowed his head politely in acknowledgment. It was a good solid team...perfect for what needed to be done. The Administrator's reaction to their arrival was a tad confusing. Perhaps there had been problems with getting supplies...or any kind of reaction from previous requests or problems. That was not unusual, sadly. Sometimes, the Federation did not react as swiftly to such problems as supplies when things were way out on the fringe of their borders. The nearest post in this case was not Starbase Athena, but perhaps one of the Admirals there could look into providing aid to the colony more....as a way to take the pressure off of the nearest base. From what Andrew remembered reading over the profile of the sector...the area was still new and developing, and Starbase Artemis had only recently come online in the last month.

His eyes swept the landscape before the away team with a critical eye. The colony seemed to be well organized...which from the reports he had been reading was not surprising. Administrator Mills, by all accounts, was excellent at making sure the colony was well taken care of. He would need to conduct interviews soon, but first they needed to get set up. That was the point of Operations....organizing and getting things set up.

"Administrator Mills...Captain, permission to take the team ahead to get setup," Andrew stated as he stepped forward next to his CO. Mr. Thompson can remain with you, Ma'am," addressing Commander Arthur's concerns for her safety.
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 2:27 pm

Administrator Nile Mills

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
Stepping off the shuttlecraft, Archangel offered the colony's administrator a smile as she stood at an easy parade rest.  "Captain Archangel T'Koris, at your service, sir," she said, inclining her head to him.  "I've brought a small complement of my science and medical crews to determine the problem. I have more officers standing by on the Phoenix.  Allow me to introduce my Chief Medical Officer, Chief Abols, medical officer Ensign Es'Starla, science officer Ensign Van Gelder, security officer Ensign Thompson and Chief of Operations Lieutenant JG Sheridan."

Mills nodded politely as the crew was introduced. Logically, he didn't need to know them all, but it spoke well of the captain's relationship with her crew that she took the time to explain who everyone was. It certainly seemed to be a diverse crew. One of them even looked like an Orion, and it took him a moment to notice that the captain herself was Romulan instead of Vulcan.

Andrew Sheridan wrote:
"Administrator Mills...Captain, permission to take the team ahead to get setup," Andrew stated as he stepped forward next to his CO. Mr. Thompson can remain with you, Ma'am," addressing Commander Arthur's concerns for her safety.

"Go ahead and do what you need to do," he said, sparing just a few seconds to eye the security officer that seemed to be...Is he *sniffing* the dirt? Mills thought, giving a little shake and putting his smile back in place. Who was he to question the methods of security men? Or bloodhounds, for that matter. "Once you're set, we can meet up in my office." With that, the functionary stepped off to the side, letting the captain see to her crew.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 3:51 pm

Andrew Sheridan wrote:

NPC wrote:

Mills nodded politely as the crew was introduced.  Logically, he didn't need to know them all, but it spoke well of the captain's relationship with her crew that she took the time to explain who everyone was.  It certainly seemed to be a diverse crew.  One of them even looked like an Orion, and it took him a moment to notice that the captain herself was Romulan instead of Vulcan.

"Go ahead and do what you need to do," he said, sparing just a few seconds to eye the security officer that seemed to be...Is he *sniffing* the dirt? Mills thought, giving a little shake and putting his smile back in place.  Who was he to question the methods of security men?  Or bloodhounds, for that matter.  "Once you're set, we can meet up in my office."  With that, the functionary stepped off to the side, letting the captain see to her crew.

[Planetside]

Archangel inclined her head to the Administrator and turned to her away team.  "Ok, Chief Abols, Lieutenant Sheridan, you're the team leaders on this.  As ever, the labs on the ship are at your disposition, but make sure to follow the proper containment protocols and, if possible, use whatever equipment we have planetside to determine what it is before you beam it up to the Phoenix.  We don't want to find out in a couple of hours that whatever it is happens to be airborne as well.  The rest of you, follow their lead, alright? Thompson, since Starfleet regulations oblige, you're with me."  She turned back to Administrator Mills.  "If you could provide them with a guide to get to the water source?"
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 9:00 am

Andrew nodded to his Captain politely, and then turned back to Chief Hendriks Abols and the rest of the away team.

"Mr. Thompson, please stay with the Captain while we get setup. I would hate to have to answer to Commander Arthur if something should happen to her...understood," Andrew instructed professionally and firmly to the security officer. "Chief Abols, as this is a medical/science problem; I will do what I can to aid the team in setting up any equipment, and coordinating any needs between the team and the ship." With that noted, Andrew turned to see the guide arriving...a woman in her mid-forties with lush dark hair, dark blue eyes, and a fair skin tone. She stood nearly as tall as Andrew. "Shall we, Chief," Andrew said with a wave of his hand and slight smile for the CMO...falling into step next to her once the Doctor moved.
Back to top Go down
A'Della M. Es'Starla
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 11:26 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Planetside]

Archangel inclined her head to the Administrator and turned to her away team.  "Ok, Chief Abols, Lieutenant Sheridan, you're the team leaders on this.  As ever, the labs on the ship are at your disposition, but make sure to follow the proper containment protocols and, if possible, use whatever equipment we have planetside to determine what it is before you beam it up to the Phoenix.  We don't want to find out in a couple of hours that whatever it is happens to be airborne as well.  The rest of you, follow their lead, alright?  Thompson, since Starfleet regulations oblige, you're with me."  She turned back to Administrator Mills.  "If you could provide them with a guide to get to the water source?"

Doctor A'Della Es'Starla looked at the Administrator, she bowed slightly. Their Guide to arrive and take them to the work area.

She checked her gear and followed the guide and the Officers. She noted the area, the laboratory very efficient! She waited for the CMO to give her orders as to proceed with which task first.

Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 11:55 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Planetside]

Archangel inclined her head to the Administrator and turned to her away team.  "Ok, Chief Abols, Lieutenant Sheridan, you're the team leaders on this.  As ever, the labs on the ship are at your disposition, but make sure to follow the proper containment protocols and, if possible, use whatever equipment we have planetside to determine what it is before you beam it up to the Phoenix.  We don't want to find out in a couple of hours that whatever it is happens to be airborne as well.  The rest of you, follow their lead, alright?  Thompson, since Starfleet regulations oblige, you're with me."  She turned back to Administrator Mills.  "If you could provide them with a guide to get to the water source?"

[Planetside]

"Ey, that I am." He acknowledged politely as he continued what he was doing. The years of his life spent as a nomad with his parents allowed him to pick up a fair amount of tracking skills. Plus he didn't trust his eyes. So he relied on his other senses to pick up the slack.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 12:09 pm

Matthew Thompson wrote:

[Planetside]

"Ey, that I am." He acknowledged politely as he continued what he was doing. The years of his life spent as a nomad with his parents allowed him to pick up a fair amount of tracking skills. Plus he didn't trust his eyes. So he relied on his other senses to pick up the slack.

[Planetside]

Looking down at Thompson, Archangel refrained from sighing and pinching the bridge of her nose to ward off the headache that she could feel already brewing in her temples. She currently had a security officer in close proximity to the dirt on a planet with contaminated water tables...

"Mr Thompson? We have tricorders for a reason. Please do not expose yourself more than necessary to whatever contaminant we're dealing with, hmm?"
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 12:18 pm

Administrator Nile Mills

[Gamma Thera]

Quirking an eyebrow, Mills gave a slight smile as he watched the captain gently chided her security man, but he quickly paid it no more mind. They all had a job to do. His assistant, Sandy, had arrived, but Nile decided that he would go along with the group as well.

"Right this way, then," he said, glad that something would finally be done with this problem. "I'm glad you all are here, really," Mills said as the little group walked toward the main facility. "With the war and everything, little colonies like us have slipped through the cracks. I won't even embarrass myself by saying how old our technology is, but...well. I think they brought this stuff over on the Mayflower."

[Central Processing]

The Central Processing unit consisted of various holding tanks, all solid white, with fat piping connecting it. A large collection pool formed the bulk of the groundwater area, which was fed from a slow-flowing river, which stretched on into the distance. "We're set up with various biofiltration...which should be enough to remove contaminants and coliforms and what have you."
Back to top Go down
A'Della M. Es'Starla
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 12:25 pm

NPC wrote:
Administrator Nile Mills

[Gamma Thera]

Quirking an eyebrow, Mills gave a slight smile as he watched the captain gently chided her security man, but he quickly paid it no more mind.  They all had a job to do.  His assistant, Sandy, had arrived, but Nile decided that he would go along with the group as well.

"Right this way, then," he said, glad that something would finally be done with this problem.  "I'm glad you all are here, really," Mills said as the little group walked toward the main facility.  "With the war and everything, little colonies like us have slipped through the cracks.  I won't even embarrass myself by saying how old our technology is, but...well.  I think they brought this stuff over on the Mayflower."

[Central Processing]

The Central Processing unit consisted of various holding tanks, all solid white, with fat piping connecting it.  A large collection pool formed the bulk of the groundwater area, which was fed from a slow-flowing river, which stretched on into the distance.  "We're set up with various biofiltration...which should be enough to remove contaminants and coliforms and what have you."

A'Della raising an eyebrow a little higher at the words' should be enough'. She scanned the area with her Star Fleet Issue and her Vulcan Scanners, should be is not something that she would ever rely upon. And she, being discreet about it doing her job. It was Security's job to keep the safe from enemy, it was part of her job to see that they were not working in a hazardous work area. She noted some leaky valves in a area and pulled out her hyper-span-sealer and closed the leaks. While the agents would not do extensive harm to her biologic make-up nor the Captain's, it could do harm to Humans and other species if exposed to it to long, the pores in the skin would absorb the toxins quickly...

She continued her scans and sealing of leaks at their work station. Those contaminants and coliforms were scanning as extremely resilient but they would no match for Star Fleet Issued equipments and protocols, however; the CMO would most probably recommend that they change the re-breathers on their generators every hour to ensure that the oxygen they breathed in did not contain toxic levels of the coliforms or other contaminants.

Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 12:50 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Planetside]

Looking down at Thompson, Archangel refrained from sighing and pinching the bridge of her nose to ward off the headache that she could feel already brewing in her temples.  She currently had a security officer in close proximity to the dirt on a planet with contaminated water tables...

"Mr Thompson?  We have tricorders for a reason.  Please do not expose yourself more than necessary to whatever contaminant we're dealing with, hmm?"

[Planetside]

"Ey ma'am. Just don't have the best eyesight in the world. Thought I would use my skills. I apologize." A smile subtly crept across his face. This was the job he loved.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 1:07 pm

NPC wrote:
Administrator Nile Mills

[Gamma Thera]

Quirking an eyebrow, Mills gave a slight smile as he watched the captain gently chided her security man, but he quickly paid it no more mind.  They all had a job to do.  His assistant, Sandy, had arrived, but Nile decided that he would go along with the group as well.

"Right this way, then," he said, glad that something would finally be done with this problem.  "I'm glad you all are here, really," Mills said as the little group walked toward the main facility.  "With the war and everything, little colonies like us have slipped through the cracks.  I won't even embarrass myself by saying how old our technology is, but...well.  I think they brought this stuff over on the Mayflower."

[Central Processing]

The Central Processing unit consisted of various holding tanks, all solid white, with fat piping connecting it.  A large collection pool formed the bulk of the groundwater area, which was fed from a slow-flowing river, which stretched on into the distance.  "We're set up with various biofiltration...which should be enough to remove contaminants and coliforms and what have you."

[Planetside]

Inclining her head to the Administrator, she followed him and the rest of the team, keeping in step with him, her arms folded behind her back in her favoured resting position.

"I'm sorry that a ship hasn't been dispatched to you sooner," she told him. "Unfortunately, as I'm sure you know, the war has left us spread pretty thin across the Quadrants, and Command's making noises about moving into the Gamma and Delta Quadrants as well."

As they approached the water filtration systems, she let her team get on with their jobs rather than get underfoot. She wasn't a scientist, not in the slightest, so there was no point in her shoving her nose in where it didn't belong. If they had an engineering question, then it would be different.

Matthew Thompson wrote:

[Planetside]

"Ey ma'am. Just don't have the best eyesight in the world. Thought I would use my skills. I apologize." A smile subtly crept across his face. This was the job he loved.

Well, the headache building in her temples just got worse.  Archangel let out a soft sigh, one hand reaching across to support the other elbow at she once again pinched the bridge of her nose.

"So... You're supposed to be here to protect me, yet I'm the one more likely to spot any potential dangers?  Why does this image seem wrong?"  She was definitely going to have to have a word with the medical department once this mission was over.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 1:50 pm

A'Della M. Es'Starla wrote:

A'Della raising an eyebrow a little higher at the words' should be enough'.   She scanned the area with her Star Fleet Issue and her Vulcan Scanners, should be is not something that she would ever rely upon.  And she, being discreet about it doing her job.  It was Security's job to keep the safe from enemy, it was part of her job to see that they were not working in a hazardous work area.  She noted some leaky valves in a area and pulled out her hyper-span-sealer and closed the leaks.  While the agents would not do extensive harm to her biologic make-up nor the Captain's, it could do harm to Humans and other species if exposed to it to long, the pores in the skin would absorb the toxins quickly...

She continued her scans and sealing of leaks at their work station.   Those contaminants and coliforms were scanning as extremely resilient but they would no match for Star Fleet Issued equipments and protocols, however;  the CMO would most probably recommend that they change the re-breathers on their generators every hour to ensure that the oxygen they breathed in did not contain toxic levels of the coliforms or other contaminants.  

[Central Processing]

Gavin was also scanning the area with his tricorder, ticking off virtual notes for later study. "He wasn't kidding when he said this stuff was old," the scientist said as he moved in next to A'Della. "And I don't think he meant the *USS* Mayflower, either." Gavin suddenly realized that, as an Orion, she likely wouldn't get the reference at all. "It...it's an Ancient Earth maritime vessel. A long time ago. I'm shutting up, now," he chuckled, going back to scanning.

"I wonder, though...if someone was trying to wipe out this colony...why don't they just do it? I mean, it's not like there are any real defenses to speak of, here. Why bother with slowly poisoning everyone?"
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 1:55 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Planetside]

Inclining her head to the Administrator, she followed him and the rest of the team, keeping in step with him, her arms folded behind her back in her favoured resting position.

"I'm sorry that a ship hasn't been dispatched to you sooner," she told him.  "Unfortunately, as I'm sure you know, the war has left us spread pretty thin across the Quadrants, and Command's making noises about moving into the Gamma and Delta Quadrants as well."

As they approached the water filtration systems, she let her team get on with their jobs rather than get underfoot.  She wasn't a scientist, not in the slightest, so there was no point in her shoving her nose in where it didn't belong.  If they had an engineering question, then it would be different.

Well, the headache building in her temples just got worse.  Archangel let out a soft sigh, one hand reaching across to support the other elbow at she once again pinched the bridge of her nose.

"So... You're supposed to be here to protect me, yet I'm the one more likely to spot any potential dangers?  Why does this image seem wrong?"  She was definitely going to have to have a word with the medical department once this mission was over.

A common mistake. People tended to think like that. "No ma'am. It's just things that are close to me. I can see the distance just fine. Plus when your vision fails you learn how to rely on other senses. The years I spent being tortured forced me to train my hearing. I was trapped in a room with little to no light, I had to know when he was coming some how. Don't worry, you are perfectly safe with me. While, yes I sometimes have troubles reading things at close proximity, I can see everything else perfectly fine." Matthew kindly responded. The captain would be perfectly safe with him.

"All due respect, Star Fleet wouldn't have let me past the academy if I couldn't do my job."
Back to top Go down
A'Della M. Es'Starla
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 2:06 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

[Central Processing]

Gavin was also scanning the area with his tricorder, ticking off virtual notes for later study.  "He wasn't kidding when he said this stuff was old," the scientist said as he moved in next to A'Della.  "And I don't think he meant the *USS* Mayflower, either."  Gavin suddenly realized that, as an Orion, she likely wouldn't get the reference at all.  "It...it's an Ancient Earth maritime vessel.  A long time ago.  I'm shutting up, now," he chuckled, going back to scanning.  

"I wonder, though...if someone was trying to wipe out this colony...why don't they just do it?  I mean, it's not like there are any real defenses to speak of, here.  Why bother with slowly poisoning everyone?"

A'Della raised an eyebrow and replied. "The Mayflower, a British wooden vessel 1620 landed on what was then called the New World, at Plymouth Rock to begin a new civilization free from the persecutions the Pilgrims suffered in Britain." She continued her scans...

"Mister Gavin, note the higher levels of these contaminants in this area of the water table, this could be from over mining and dumping of contaminated by products. It could also be from vessels dumping hazardous waste on this planet."

She looked at Gavin as he spoke.

Nodding. "These levels could affect all of us, especially persons susceptible to Volatile Organic Chemicals."

She moved to gather more data, and a whiff of something strange and different from the other contaminants hit her sensitive nostrils, she stumbled momentarily, Placing her hand against a table. She adjusted her re-breather...

The fumes were excessive and she did a quite medi-scan of herself, noting her vitals were reacting to the invisible contaminants.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 2:21 pm

[USS Phoenix - Bridge]

From the center seat, Gabriel watched the slow turning of the Gamma Thera outpost world on the main viewer. The world itself was beautiful - a bluish-teal that reminded him quite a bit of the Science and Medical division colors. A swirling white atmosphere of clouds completed the scene. He wondered if it would be a nice place to visit, some day. If the water ever stopped being poison, and all that.

A new message came through on his shipboard intra-network, so he brought it up on a padd. Apparently, the new crewmember they'd picked up before leaving the Athena had been cleared for duty. It came at a fortuitous time, too, since watching Gamma Thera spin was like watching the proverbial growing grass.

"Sheeran, you have the bridge," Gabriel said, rising from the center seat. The young FCO nodded from his spot to the affirmative. "Just let me know if anything important happens," Gabe grinned, winking at the young man.

=^="Commander Arthur to Mr. Sanek,"=^= he said, after activating his commbadge. =^="Meet me in the captain's Ready Room at your earliest convenience. Arthur out."=^=

Gabe smiled as he entered the room, getting a cup of tea from the wall-mounted replicator unit. Hey...if he had to be acting captain, he could at least enjoy the amenities.
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 3:12 pm

Central Processing

Andrew looked over the equipment before him, and it wasn't pretty. This particular technology for the colony was indeed way out of date. Indeed, it didn't seem to have been updated since the colony first went online. Andrew frowned...his brows knitted together in worry. The comments around him further concerned him. Gavin's own observations were particularly alarming. For just a moment, he glanced back at Ensign Thompson...his frown deepening in the same moment, but he said nothing. Being the Second Officer was something new to him, and the Captain seemed to be dealing with him.

It was also when he noticed the new Medical officer seeming to be a bit off. He went to her side in three quick long strides to make sure she was okay.

"You okay, Ensign Es'starla?" Andrew inquired...his brows still knitted together with worry; though is face softened. His voice was professional and compassionate.

Back to top Go down
A'Della M. Es'Starla
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 3:17 pm

Andrew Sheridan wrote:
Central Processing

Andrew looked over the equipment before him, and it wasn't pretty.  This particular technology for the colony was indeed way out of date.  Indeed, it didn't seem to have been updated since the colony first went online.  Andrew frowned...his brows knitted together in worry.  The comments around him further concerned him.  Gavin's own observations were particularly alarming.  For just a moment, he glanced back at Ensign Thompson...his frown deepening in the same moment, but he said nothing.  Being the Second Officer was something new to him, and the Captain seemed to be dealing with him.

It was also when he noticed the new Medical officer seeming to be a bit off.  He went to her side in three quick long strides to make sure she was okay.

"You okay, Ensign Es'starla?" Andrew inquired...his brows still knitted together with worry; though is face softened.  His voice was professional and compassionate.

A'Della looked up and nodded. "Aye Sir, I am undamaged, however; I did reset my rebreather, this atmosphere has latent elements of toxins within it, and I have noticed that places in the water table seem to have a slight vapor seepage, I breathed it in and realized that I needed to reset the rebreather." She said, standing upright fully again. Her scans were still showing the toxins, she would monitor the levels and the affects on the away team..
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 3:53 pm

Matthew Thompson wrote:

A common mistake. People tended to think like that. "No ma'am. It's just things that are close to me. I can see the distance just fine. Plus when your vision fails you learn how to rely on other senses. The years I spent being tortured forced me to train my hearing. I was trapped in a room with little to no light, I had to know when he was coming some how. Don't worry, you are perfectly safe with me. While, yes I sometimes have troubles reading things at close proximity, I can see everything else perfectly fine." Matthew kindly responded. The captain would be perfectly safe with him.

"All due respect, Star Fleet wouldn't have let me past the academy if I couldn't do my job."

[Planetside]

Archangel just didn't have the heart to tell the ensign that exactly how he made it through the Academy and into the security department had completely baffled both her and several of the senior officers. The only reason that they had been able to come up with had been that Starfleet was desperate to replace those lost during the Dominion War. However, she was definitely planning a long meeting when they got back to the ship. Ensign Thompson, herself, Commander Arthur, the good doctor and Counsellor Abols. One thing was for sure though: She was damned if she would let him come solo on an away team again. She felt more anxious now than when they had left, knowing that she was basically now not only responsible for her own safety, but for the entire away team since he was, in basic terms, medically incapable of performing his duty.

"We will discuss this matter when we get back to the Phoenix, Ensign," she stated in a final tone of voice, turning her attention back to what the other members of the away team were doing. There seemed to be a problem with their new medical officer, but Archangel was loathed to interfere in case she got in the way.
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 4:44 pm

"Good," Andrew stated. "Do be careful though, Ensign," he cautioned as he overlooked the readings she had been taking. After a raised eyebrow at the readings; Andrew looked back over at the machinery around them. The whole place needed to be dealt with if they were to help the colonists.

Thus, he began a survey of the equipment, and started taking the notes of what was immediately needed versus those items that could wait a moment. "Ensign Es'starla and Ensign Gelder, see whittles they need to replace that you believe is an urgent priority, and then together we will go over it before I submit it to Commander Arthur for requisition," Andrew added to the two officers nearby.

At the top of his list was the bio filters. They were in serious need of not just being replaced, but the whole bio filter system was at least twenty-five years out of date. He was curious as to what Dr. Hendriks thought of the situation. Continuing to take notes on his PADD; Andrew went from one part of the facility to the next in circular pattern. They most certainly need to take samples from the source. He remembered the water came down from somewhere up in the mountains about 32 miles to the southeast. Something told him that might not be a bad plan to investigate soon, and noted that on his PADD.
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 5:38 pm

Administrator Nile Mills

[Processing Center]

Mills stood in awe of the efficiency of the starship crew as they went to work at various aspects of the problem. He had no doubts that they'd find ten things that he'd either forgotten...or that his staff had missed in the first place.

"My crew use airspeeder skiffs to gather data and samples," he said, after there was a pause in the conversations. "They've searched along the river, and have found no signs of suspicious activity. Y'know...tracks of terrain vehicles, people who aren't supposed to be here, and the like. It was one of the first things I thought of, especially since this area was disputed territory ceded to the Federation by the Orions about sixty years ago, give or take."

Suddenly, Mills' cheeks flashed crimson as he glanced at the Orion crewmember. "Meaning no offense, of course, ma'am. Just...had to cover all the bases. But," he said, looking back to the captain, "from what we can tell, it doesn't look like anyone's directly tampered with the river. Anyway."

He checked through his large padd with a stylus. "You all should have a full study of the symptoms, but for a bulleted checklist...colonists have been complaining of gastrointestinal disturbances. Stomach cramps, vomiting...in the more severe cases, we've had to send people off-world on transports passing through. They began to have problems with nutritional absorption in the small intestine."
Back to top Go down
A'Della M. Es'Starla
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 5:43 pm

NPC wrote:
Administrator Nile Mills

[Processing Center]

Mills stood in awe of the efficiency of the starship crew as they went to work at various aspects of the problem.  He had no doubts that they'd find ten things that he'd either forgotten...or that his staff had missed in the first place.  

"My crew use airspeeder skiffs to gather data and samples," he said, after there was a pause in the conversations.  "They've searched along the river, and have found no signs of suspicious activity.  Y'know...tracks of terrain vehicles, people who aren't supposed to be here, and the like.  It was one of the first things I thought of, especially since this area was disputed territory ceded to the Federation by the Orions about sixty years ago, give or take."  

Suddenly, Mills' cheeks flashed crimson as he glanced at the Orion crewmember.  "Meaning no offense, of course, ma'am.  Just...had to cover all the bases.  But," he said, looking back to the captain, "from what we can tell, it doesn't look like anyone's directly tampered with the river.  Anyway."

He checked through his large padd with a stylus.  "You all should have a full study of the symptoms, but for a bulleted checklist...colonists have been complaining of gastrointestinal disturbances.  Stomach cramps, vomiting...in the more severe cases, we've had to send people off-world on transports passing through.  They began to have problems with nutritional absorption in the small intestine."

A'Della watched his face change color after his statement regarding Orions and the Federation mediations Sixty or so years ago.

"No offense taken, Administrator Mills. Offense is something for the most foreign to me." She could have added she was about half Vulkhunsu as well as the Lavender Skinned Orion variety.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3: Choices   Mission 3: Choices - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mission 3: Choices
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next